Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
WakelessDream

KH13 Giveaway: Share your fondest Kingdom Hearts Memory and enter for a chance to win a copy of Simple & Clean: Unlocking Kingdom Hearts

My fondest memory is definately when I got my Best Friend in to the series and her wanting to always play or stream Kingdom Hearts. We were already close, but Kingdom Hearts made us bond even closer. It was kind of like sharing a Paopu Fruit together.

I was just a kid and visiting my cousin and seen him play kingdom hearts (didn't know what that game was at a moment). I saw Donald duck, Goofy and some unknown kid with key like weapon (sora and keyblade) in some kind of beautiful place (hallow bastion). I asked what is that game and he said it's kingdom hearts. i watch him play it and fight some kind of dark creatures (heartless). I asked can I borrow the game and he said no, but he let me borrow Kingdom hearts 2. I was so hook on the game that I played it at night without sounds on to not alert my parents that I was playing something. I was doing great even if I didn't understand English at a moment and got up to second Demyx fight and got stuck there for sometimes. I don't remember if I got past him days later or when I got the game on Christmas. this is my fondest memory of Kingdom Hearts.

When I went to the Kingdom Hearts concert and heard the music live for the first time. It was so emotional! The first song they played was Simple and Clean orchestral with the Dream Drop Distance opening playing on the screen, and now hearing that song still gets me a little emotional :'( 

I have had so many memories with this series, starting at the early age of 7, my journey with Kingdom Hearts has been incredible, emotional, and unique to me. After playing all the games to this point, I would most certainly say that my fondest memory of this game has to be my reaction to the ending cutscene of KH3 with "Don't Think Twice" playing alongside it. The moment Sora disappears hit me unbelievably hard, but it overloaded me with so many memories I've had playing this game. At that moment, I was reminded just how much this game means to me and how long it has been a part of my life. Growing up with this game and seeing Sora gone had me in disbelief. it made me wonder how much a small video game has impacted my life. I don't think that will ever change; Kingdom Hearts just does that to me. Thank you for the experiences and I can't wait to continue following the path this amazing game takes.

Hi, I present this Kingdom Hearts experience of mine in good faith as an exercise in recounting the murky and clear mystery of the mind.

Ansem Report 2:

It is my duty to expose what this darkness really is. I shall conduct the following experiments:

– Extract the darkness from a person’s heart.

– Cultivate darkness in a pure heart.

– Both suppress and amplify the darkness within.

The experiments caused the test subject’s heart to collapse, including those of the most stalwart. How fragile our hearts are! My treatment produced no signs of recovery. I confined those who had completely lost their hearts beneath the castle.

Some time later, I went below and was greeted by the strangest sight. Creatures that seemed born of darkness… What are they? Are they truly sentient beings? Could they be the shadows of those who lost their hearts in my experiments?

Ansem Report 3:

All my knowledge has provided no answer. One thing I am sure of is that they are entirely devoid of emotion.

Ansem Report 4:

I’ve provided them both living and nonliving samples. They’ve responded only to the living.

Secret Ansem Report 1:
I shall perform an experiment to probe the depths of a person's heart. One of my own apprentices, Xehanort, has volunteered to be a subject.

Secret Ansem Report 2:
I have made a grave mistake. My study of the "darkness of the heart" began with a simple psychological test and quickly snowballed.

Spurred on by my youngest apprentice, Ienzo, I constructed a massive laboratory in the basement of my castle.

Unbeknownst to me, my six apprentices then began collecting a large number of subjects on which to perform dangerous experiments into the "darkness of the heart."

Secret Ansem Report 3:
Chaos affects not only this world, but many other worlds besides.

In the "Ansem's Reports" my apprentice Xehanort had written under my name, I found the records of his hideous experiments along with his hypothesis about the door that had appeared out of the darkness in my basement.

All living things have hearts, and all hearts hold darkness deep within.

Worlds are no exception. If a world is a being, the heart it holds must be colossal...

...and the darkness at its core must be monstrous indeed.

Secret Ansem Report 6:
My choice to befriend darkness here in the midst of nothingness was a sound one.

The moment I stared straight ahead with a calm heart, neither rejecting darkness nor fearing it, I gained a newfound power.

A superhuman power—the power of darkness.

I was painting, and often times a way for me to relax is to lay the paint onto the page with no expectations of what will become. During this process I like to interpret whatever I see with an open mind.

I saw a girl, who looked human but who could not be called human, unless my knowledge of human is gravely uninformed. The title of demon was suggested for this being, yet this too did not seem to capture the essence, which I shall now describe with key words:
Rot, blood, rust, eternal, regenerating, parasite, red, dirty, machine-precision, smiling, cursed, survival. 

I was afraid when I saw her, because I saw myself in her. My darkness, my shadow. Heartless. I could not think ill of this being. I wanted to know the truth of its existence from an unconditioned perspective. When we are presented with such an image, they prompt in us the learned associations listed above as in language, which are further associated with emotions such as fear, terror, disgust, uncertainty, distrust. This sequence can happen in any order, because the connections of points flow omnidirectionally. These expressions do not necessarily belong to the raw-being imaged. Those were simply my first judgement. When I recognized my own attempt to rationalize what I was seeing consisted of these descriptors, I was able to stop that train of thought and approach from a different angle. I approached with an open mind and an open heart in an attempt to love and to learn who, what, and why, and ultimately to accept something that I did not understand.

This brings me to the second painting. Again, I laid paint onto a fresh canvas with no end-picture in mind, on the same night immediately after seeing the darkness of my heart.
After many layers of paint, I recognized the figure in the center as Axel. Although, he didn't look like the usual red haired Axel. He looked much scarier. And it was because of the situation that was painted around him, and the story that the image then told.
For this experience I had acquired the point of view of Roxas while he was a member of Organization XIII. 
Roxas was looking at Axel who occupied multiple places in time. The scene began on the Clock Tower overlooking Data Twilight Town. Axel was smiling at Roxas, head hanging and torso twisted. His eyes were large empty black rings saying 'Goodbye'. Roxas was about to fall off the clock tower, again, and he remembered, this has happened before, many times. Axel was moments from falling off the ledge after him. 

(This part will be spoiler in case it is too dark.)

Spoiler

The Organization's research into the depths of the darkness of the heart continued with Roxas. In the Data Twilight Town, a simulation, experimentation had surpassed its limit. What was physically impossible outside of the simulation was now doable with data. The Organization conducted monstrous abuses on Roxas, psychologically and physically. They would bring him to the edge of his existence, and render a safe virtual reality when it was clear he could go no further, and would then rewrite his memory of what had happened, though it could not be erased completely. Those experiences had carved themselves into his existence, and they hid. 

Axel, compliant with the Organization in order to preserve his own existence, yet becomingly fond of and attached to Roxas, his best friend, participated as an accomplice in these experiments, but also sought to lessen Roxas' suffering. 
Prior to the beginning of an experiment, Axel would administer psychedelics and/or dissociatives to Roxas, orally, intravenously, and intramuscularly. 
He believed this would free Roxas, if only a little, from the torment that was coming, that Axel was "forced" to participate in. 

One such experiment Axel was with Xion. For whatever reason in this experience, she too was made an accomplice of Darkness Experimentation. A normal day on the Clock Tower, with sea salt ice cream colored balloons. Large balloons filled with helium. They were tied together with some rope, two balloons wide and 4 balloons long. Roxas was put on his stomach onto the balloons and set sail off the Clock Tower, rising into the sky. His weight would shift as he moved around, and he'd fall. Before he hit the ground, the simulation would pause, so as to preserve his life. Axel made sure prior to launch that Roxas would at least feel like he was flying on the clouds, and falling into serenity.

Roxas remembered this as he was falling again, looking into the familiar yet morphing face of Axel still smiling. 
Roxas was falling this time because Axel had nudged him, just enough to sway over the edge. He broke contact with the tower in slow motion, capturing every flicker of Axel becoming another image. He saw what appeared to be Axel taking his own life after that nudge, and yet that last image of a smiling face preserved itself in his vision. Although, none the experimental experience was permanent. Roxas would wake up from a dream in his room, and Axel would visit him again to share another ice cream. 

My point of view as Roxas ended with him frozen in time between the ground and the height of the Clock Tower. 

After obtaining this point of view and so many emotions from it in such a short amount of time, I feel an even greater appreciation for Kingdom Hearts. Although this was an imagination, the personal knowledge acquired from this unique path has challenged me in a valuable way that I feel I have grown from, in my ability to think deeper and to process disturbing and grotesque stories, which can be very appealing when fictional, strangely, at times. After this point of view, I was curious to read the Ansem Reports, parts of which resonate to what I had seen. Those parts are boldened above. 

If you have read this all, thank you. 

The giveaway posting period is over!

According to the rules all entries prior to this post will go into a lucky draw with 1 random winner selected. 

You can access the lucky draw here where you will be able to view the results and the winner - https://www.randomresult.com/ticket.php?t=3178414D5GCDYPDWC

And the winner is... @Kristi - 0/*congrats!0/* We will PM you shortly to sort out redeeming your prize! 

Thanks to everyone for entering and sharing your heartfelt memories of the series! <3 

For anyone interested in Simple & Clean:Unlocking Kingdom Hearts you can purchase it here on Amazon.

5 hours ago, WakelessDream said:

The giveaway posting period is over!

According to the rules all entries prior to this post will go into a lucky draw with 1 random winner selected. 

You can access the lucky draw here where you will be able to view the results and the winner - https://www.randomresult.com/ticket.php?t=3178414D5GCDYPDWC

And the winner is... @Kristi - 0/*congrats!0/* We will PM you shortly to sort out redeeming your prize! 

Thanks to everyone for entering and sharing your heartfelt memories of the series! <3 

For anyone interested in Simple & Clean:Unlocking Kingdom Hearts you can purchase it here on Amazon.

Congratulations @Kristi - I'll be in touch shortly.

Thank you for sharing your memories everyone. It was heartwarming to read what you shared about your KH experiences, and if you grab a copy of the book I hope you enjoy it.

Honestly? it's difficult for me to ascertain just what is my fondest Memory of KINGDOM HEARTS, even though I have grown up alongside the series since the 1st game. I can name a few moments regarding Sora: 

Sora's very 1st speech of "My Friends Are My Power" when facing off against Riku at Hollow Bastion, followed by Sora standing against Riku-Ansem in order to protect Kairi's Heart, both scenes from KH I. 

Sora fighting Marluxia's three forms from Chain of Memories. 

Sora awakening from his one-year slumber and being a complete and utter badass throughout KH II. 

Sora's scene at the end of Blank Points from Birth by Sleep. 

Sora joined by both his friends and allies before combatting Xemnas, followed by becoming the Armoured Ventus Nightmare Riku duels in Dream Drop Distance. 

Sora beginning his next adventure with Donald and Goofy in A Fragmentary Passage by first visiting Hercules. 

Sora at long last sharing the Paopu Fruit with Kairi and the two lovers working together to both finally and ultimately defeat Master Xehanort near the end of KINGDOM HEARTS III. 

These are among my fondest Memories of the KINGDOM HEARTS franchise during the Xehanort Saga. 

I have so many fond memories of Kingdom Hearts, especially since it is my favorite video game series (one that made me who I am today, too). But, playing Kingdom Hearts 2 over Christmas 2018 has to be one of the greatest times of my life.

There's something about playing KH2 that feels like coming home. I don't mean to be TOO sappy, but this game changed my life. On Christmas Eve, my sisters and I stayed up late playing KH2. When I finally beat the game, my siblings and I were all gathered around the TV to watch Sora and Riku finally go home.

As I said, I have a lot of fond KH memories, but playing through KH2 for the first time tops them all and the game has a special place in my heart. It still makes me cry :')

I already have a copy so I can pass on a second but I still want to contribute.  Let me know if you like this memory :) 

Right before kh3 came out, my best friend and I celebrated by making sea salt ice cream. Neither of us are experienced in the kitchen so it proved a trial. Our friendship was tested! XD During the process, we had to boil milk and we had either a too small a pot or too much milk. It overflowed onto the stove. It caused some parts of the stove to become wet which normally should be dry. Afterwards, the stove wouldn't ignite. We were so scared that we broke the stove (everything was fine; we didn't seriously damage it, it just had to dry off on its own).  

The process was a first and we had some obstacles but we overcome it. The end result actually wasn't half bad. Our home made sea salt ice cream was pretty good.

Lately, we've been talking about trying it again now that we have a better idea of what to do. 

Another memory I have is back in my childhood. It's more funny and ironic when I look back on it in lights of recent of story revelations. 

Back during the kh2 period, I tried explaining kingdom hearts to my uncle. I had the strategy guide for the game at the time. I showed him the character profiles whilst I (tried to) explained what Organization 13 was. My uncle's favorite character was Xigbar because he "just looks like a guy with secrets"  and that "this dude must have an interesting backstory." Oh man, he had no idea. My uncle unknowingly foresaw the biggest kh twist nearly 2 decades prior.