Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Leamax

Kingdom Hearts III makes cameo in Disney+ movie "Chang Can Dunk"

In the latest Disney+ orginial movie Chang Can Dunk, game footage from Kingdom Hearts III is shown in the background during the scene where the protagionist Chang gets locked in the basement during a party. The little brother for one of the jocks, Timmy, can be seen playing the Olympus level on a PS5. The scene happens around the 15 minutes mark.

1685434635_Screenshot2023-03-118_05_16AM.thumb.png.0ef115bfe0d8f8cb99f5d5dd6e5556a1.png

In the credits, Kingdom Hearts composer Yoko Shimomura is given credit for Hero's Fanfane, which is being heard with the gameplay.

The synopsis for the movie reads as follows:

"Chang, a 16-year-old Asian American high school student in band, bets the school basketball star that he can dunk by homecoming. But before he can rise up, he'll have to reexamine everything he knows about himself, his friendships and his family."

Chang Can Dunk is available to watch on Disney+.

Let us know what you think about this cameo in the comments below!

View full article

2 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

I feel like disney has been teasing us for a long time with these references to Kingdom hearts.  I hope they are not just cute references but actually lead to something like an animated series that we never got

Tell me about it. I hope this means a show is in the near future. 

7 hours ago, Ink said:

Tell me about it. I hope this means a show is in the near future. 

Well there was the moment in the chip and dale movie with soras hair

There was a keyblade in one of the mickey mouse shorts in the background

and in the new version of the prouds the main  character was playing the game aswell.

What all of that tells me is that disney seems to be increasingly aware of Kingdom hearts existence i just hope they actually do something with it to

On 3/11/2023 at 7:07 PM, Dustin Lübbers said:

I feel like disney has been teasing us for a long time with these references to Kingdom hearts.  I hope they are not just cute references but actually lead to something like an animated series that we never got

*monkey’s paw curls*

On 4/12/2023 at 1:26 PM, King_Graham said:

Given the state Disney's in, it may not be the right time or people to make it.

What would a real life Kingdom Hearts even look like?  It just looks like Disney is just shelving out more live actions than animated works.