Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Which of Riku's original weapons is your favorite?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Riku's original weapons is your favorite?

• Soul Eater
    • Keyblade of People's Hearts
    • Way to the Dawn
    • Braveheart

I came here so ready to pick Soul Eater but the Keyblade of People's Hearts is beyond iconic and a part of me will always be sad to never get to see it completed.

Way To The Dawn is such a ionic keyblade! I was so disappointed that Nomura decided to get rid of it in KH3. I get the context of Braveheart, but I always see Way To The Dawn as a way of Riku's character growth from his redemption arc from KH1 to Chain of Memories to 358/2 Days, and finally to KH2. Personally I wish he still has Way to the Dawn in KH3.

Edited by Movies798

15 hours ago, Movies798 said:

Way To The Dawn is such a ionic keyblade! I was so disappointed that Nomura decided to get rid of it in KH3. I get the context of Braveheart, but I always see Way To The Dawn as a way of Riku's character growth from his redemption arc from KH1 to Chain of Memories to 358/2 Days, and finally in KH2. Personally I wish he still has Way to the Dawn in KH3.

I agree, Way to the Dawn was without a doubt the most iconic of his weapons and it's sad to see the downgrade in KH3. I'm all for him moving forward and getting a new Keyblade in 3 but I do feel like the Braveheart was a bit of a letdown. It felt like a lot more of a mature Keyblade, but divorced all feeling of fantasy in my opinion. I hope he gets something more memorable in future installments.

7 hours ago, NeoLimitForm said:

I agree, Way to the Dawn was without a doubt the most iconic of his weapons and it's sad to see the downgrade in KH3. I'm all for him moving forward and getting a new Keyblade in 3 but I do feel like the Braveheart was a bit of a letdown. It felt like a lot more of a mature Keyblade, but divorced all feeling of fantasy in my opinion. I hope he gets something more memorable in future installments.

It just looks like a basic key that you put in your car's ignition to get it to start.

I am not surprised to see Way to Dawn winning. I voted for it too. While the giant car key meme that arose from Braveheart was epic, Braveheart really does feel like a huge downgrade after how storied a journey Riku had with Way to Dawn evolving from his initial trademark weapon Soul Eater. The scene of Rikusem stabbing Maleficent with the Key of Peoples Hearts is always gonna be a fun one to watch. Cold brutal betrayal at its finest.

Edited by FadedSparkle

Ordinarily I'd say Soul Eater. I like it marginally better than Way to Dawn. I love the symbolism but the wing's color kinda clashes for me. If the wing had a similar color pallet, I would say its the superior weapon by far. Its a small nick pick though. I understand that its supposed to be lighter in color for the symbolism of Riku's strengthening light. However, in order to give this poll more variety, I'll say Keyblade of People's Hearts. Its dangerous and intimidating looking while still being simple in design. I'm still slightly bummed that it was only in the first game for a short awhile. It's also the weapon that created Roxas and Namine and Xion albeit indirectly. 

Edited by Ink

While I do feel that Way to the Dawn is Riku's most iconic keyblade by far, my favourite of his weapons is the Soul Eater. It has a nice, cool, simple design. I've never really cared for the design of Way to the Dawn, though I do get what they were going for.