Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

KHBbS Speculation on Birth by Sleep -Volume Two-

On what console and when do you think BBSV2 will release?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. On what console and when do you think BBSV2 will release?

• PSP in 2011
    • PSP in 2012
    • PSP2 in 2011
    • PSP2 in 2012
    • PS3 in 2011
    • PS3 in 2012
    • Other? Post your idea in the discussion.

Many of you will know, since the release of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, the community has been speculating about a new Kingdom Hearts title. This title is, of course, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep -Volume Two-.

Posted Image

Cutscenes from the Secret Episode of Birth by Sleep Final Mix heavily hinted at a future title of the Kingdom Hearts series with that given name. The scenes show Aqua in the Realm of Darkness, above shown viewing the Castle of Dreams after it has fallen, King Mickey in the Realm of Darkness, and scenes from throughout the series. Symbolism is used to hint that the game occurs between "KH0" and "KH1", making this KH0.5. In other words, occuring between Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts.

This all fits in with Nomura's "mystery game", a game which Nomura has referred to in the past but not given details about. Supposedly, this started production after the release of Birth by Sleep. The game was said to appear at E3 2010, and many thought that this was referring to Kingdom Hearts Re:coded and Kingdom Hearts 3D. However, Nomura later stated that the "mystery title" did not appear at E3.

So, it is pretty much confirmed-- that the "mystery game" Nomura has discussed earlier is in fact Birth by Sleep -Volume Two-. However, we lack an official announcement from Square regarding the game. So, this leaves us with two big questions-- what console, and when will it be released?

What console?

Birth by Sleep -Volume Two- appears to use the same "game engine" as the original Birth by Sleep. What this means is that the game shares models, such as that of the characters, namely Aqua and King Mickey and any other characters reappearing in the title, as well as maps, such as Castle of Dreams and any other reappearing worlds.

As these models and maps were used for Birth by Sleep, which was on the PlayStation Portable (PSP), it would make a lot of sense for Square to use the game engine on the same console, rather than porting it. This means Birth by Sleep -Volume Two- would likely be on the PSP.

Another possibility is the PSP2 or "PlayStation NGP", as game engines are easily ported from the PSP to this, however this does not make as much sense as the PSP2 would not utilize the improved graphics capabilities of the new console if using the old game engine. Also, if we assume it is true that development started after Birth by Sleep, then the PSP2 does not fit in the development timeframe. So, PSP is the obvious console.

Release date?

Speculation about the release date basically comes down to who is developing the title, and when did they start? As discussed earlier, it is likely that the Osaka team-- the team responsible for Birth by Sleep and later Dream Drop Distance-- are likely the ones developing. This is because the same game engine would imply the same developers, and also, the main Kingdom Hearts team is busy with Final Fantasy Versus XIII-- so, it must be Osaka.

It being the Osaka team leaves us with two possibilities. One, that the game will be released before Dream Drop Distance, or two, that it will be released after. Dream Drop Distance is a major game, on a new console with a new game engine. This means the game will take some time to develop, and probably won't be completed until the second half of 2012 at the earliest.

So, given this, it would imply that due to Nomura aiming for a Kingdom Hearts title every year, Birth by Sleep -Volume Two- will probably release before 3D, probably towards the end of 2011 or the beginning of 2012. Due to the probability that game development started last year after Birth by Sleep, and considering the shortened development time due to the reusing of a game engine, this seems likely.

---

However, what do you think? We probably won't get an official announcement until E3 2011 in June, where Nomura has stated he wants to reveal something special, so until then it is really up to speculation. So, let us know, what console do you think it will be on and when do you think it will release? Post in the poll.

who the f*ck voted PSP in 2012?!?!?! c'mon people PSP2 is releasing end of 2011 in jap, NO major games will release on the original PSP!

And no the PSP2 isnt a download only. It works on both PStore and flash cards for games, like little memory cards instead of a umd.

so there is goin to be a card for memorie and for games?

i think the PSP2 will have built in memory like the go. but ya the way games or gonna be played physically is with flash media.

PSP 2011. it took me long enough to buy a PSP to play KH:BBS mostly. (yes, i am addicted to the series) buying a PSP2 will make buying the PSP3000 useless. But i know Square Enix, they release games on different console's to force people buying the console to play the game! and if KH3 will release on PS3, i have too buy that too!!!

I realy hope the PSP2 will delay and KHBBS: -V2- will release before that.

release date? if its before the PSP2 release i don't care.

(-Nova-)

All I know is if it is released on PSP2, I am not playing it. I already have plans to buy a 3DS eventually and I'm only getting it because I like my DS so much I know I will love the new gen. But my PSP is hardly ever used and I'm not going to throw away money for one KH game when I can just watch the cutscenes online. That said, I will be happy if it does come out for PSP. Then I'll have more use out of my PSP.

it probably will most likely realses in japan at the end of the year so maybe psp 2011 but if this is for america and other countrys then i would have to say psp 2012 could you be a little spasifice on the question like is it just the first realease date or the realease date in your country?

I see no reason why they would make it on any system other than the PSP. But if they did make it on another system that I don't have, I don't think I'd buy it.

2011 I think it'll come out. Say, November/December though, so we'll have to wait a few more months.

Just like for the PS2, if Square doesn't make PSP games anymore then it will be for the NGP, but as mentioned, Square began development right after BBS, and companies didn't have any models for the NGP at the time, so it's most likely PSP. It doesn't matter to me if it comes out on the PSP or NGP, since I always buy the newest handhelds/consoles that come out, plus if it comes out on the NGP and if there's a chance I don't buy it, I can always watch it on youtube instead of being like other people and always complaining how he/she can't buy a certain handheld or something for the new KH game because they don't have money yada yada yada.

Anyway, from the facts that have been stated, it should be on the PSP and released in 2012 since Square would have to show the KH game at TGS and/or Jump Festa.

XBOX PLEASE! we NEED KH on Xbox. I don't have any of those other fancy consoles, and my parents surely aren't thinking of buying another one.

IT WONT HAPPEN!!!!!!!

YOU SAID YOU WERE GRATEFUL FOR EVER YOU TRAITOR!!

Okay, this article doesn't make any sense.

"However, we lack an official announcement from Square regarding the game. So, this leaves us with two big questions-- what console, and when will it be released?"

Seriously??! If there is no official announcement for the game, then the only question is: "Is this really a game?"

I honestly don't think a Kingdom Hearts game will come to Xbox 360. I don't know why, it just doesn't FEEL right. KH is mainly a PlayStation for console games and Nintendo for handheld, and that's how I like it to be. Plus, Xbox fans always get what they want since Microsoft buys it for them (FFXIII, anyone?) so it's somewhat amusing to see them whine. Not to say that I'm completely against Xbox, but it's not my favorite console series, and Nintendo & PlayStation have it cornered with their awesome games and graphics. Xbox just has the internet -- which you have to pay for.

And I hope BBS2 comes to PSP, I don't want to buy the NGP until the price dies down seeing as it's probably going to be really costly, and I'm already saving up for a 3DS, PSP, and PS3. Plus, there would probably be an awesome BBs/BBS2 double pack, and that's a must have. But I'm more hyped for Dream Drop Disttance now, so BBS2 doesn't have my full attention 'ril I'm done playing 3D.

I mean no disrespect when I say this but ya'll need to be reallistic. There's no way the game is going to release this year. Nomura promised ONE game per year and people seem to forget that 2010 saw the release of BBS for America and Japan (plus recoded for Japan) and 2011 saw ReCoded for America and BBS FM for Japan (they could lump BBS FM and ReCoded together for the 2011 title). Considering DDD is on a brand new console and needs a new engine, and Nomura just said a couple of months ago that they are still choosing which Disney worlds to incorporate in the title DDD probably wont release until 2013. Which leaves a whole in the 2012 year. If they truly are using the same engine for BBS V2, the earliest they would release the title is January of 2012 for JAPAN and probably a few months after for America. And I am pretty sure this title will release for PSP1 because developing it for PSP2 ( or NGP) would mean the development of an entirely new engine for the new system and would put the game out of a yearly time frame cycle. We all know that Square Enix wouldnt port a PSP engine to its successor because they love to push graphical quality for their top titles, especially the KH teams who for each system they put one on the graphics are top knotch (although gameplay usually is also).

Oh and considering Final Fantasy Versus XIII will finally be released next year, considering that is the only console game announced which doesnt have a release date and it finally seems to be moving along, I think that potentially KH 3 would come after Dream Drop Distance in 2014 best case. Though it will probably release 2015 because Im pretty sure Nomura will want to make the game more awesome than Vs. XIII, and I can imagine true development (besides cutscenes) didnt start on that game until 2009 considering it was the first year to yield actual gameplay at TGS (albeit just running in fields behind closed doors seen only by the press). Which would give the game a 3 yr development cycle. If they start on KH 3 directly after they finish Vs. in 2012 3 yrs. later would be 2015. just my 2 cents

(Edit: That came out longer than I thought :) P.S. YOU GUYS SITE ROCKS!!!)

...i thought we'd get KH3D first, then BBS Vol 2 (IF it's even a game, people! dont count your chickens before they hatch)

i mean they already have playable demos, debut trailer, secret ending, a KH3D japanese website, and interviews about KH3D and NOTHING about BBS Vol 2 except for a extremely vague secret ending.

This being said...isnt it a bit obvious that KH3D is the next to be released?

of course i could be wrong but i stand strong with my idea.

...i thought we'd get KH3D first, then BBS Vol 2 (IF it's even a game, people! dont count your chickens before they hatch)

i mean they already have playable demos, debut trailer, secret ending, a KH3D japanese website, and interviews about KH3D and NOTHING about BBS Vol 2 except for a extremely vague secret ending.

This being said...isnt it a bit obvious that KH3D is the next to be released?

of course i could be wrong but i stand strong with my idea.

Actually they dont have a playable demo for KH3D yet. The trailer that they showed at E3 was just called Kingdom Hearts 3D Demo because they hadnt come out with the actual name Dream Drop Distance yet. It was basically saying that this thing is still in the planning stages. I still think that 3D is a ways off though, cuz even looking at the released trailer, there is only maybe a minutes worth of actual footage of the game and the rest are logos, phrases, and ReCoded footage.

Anyone who's been following Kingdom Hearts footage since the first's release would know this is not the trailer of a game that is a year away.