Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

Speculation on Kingdom Hearts 3

When do you think KH3 will be released?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think KH3 will be released?

One of the most frequently asked questions by fans of Kingdom Hearts is "When will Kingdom Hearts III be released?" Often, fans complain that the gap between Kingdom Hearts II and the eventual KH3 has taken much too long, and is filled with too many "side" games. So, why is it taking so long, and when will KH3 be released? Keep reading to find out.

---

Kingdom Hearts II finished development in 2005, and after this, the same development team begun work on Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, completing the project sometime in 2007. This team is referred to by Square Enix as the "Kingdom Hearts team", as they are the team responsible for the development of both KH1 and KH2.

After the completion of KH2FM, the Kingdom Hearts team began work on another title, Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Since development of this game started, in 2007, the Kingdom Hearts team have been unavailable to work on other games-- and as the eventual Kingdom Hearts III will be developed by the Kingdom Hearts team, until Versus XIII is completed, development won't be able to start.

So, when will Versus XIII be finished? Tetsuya Nomura has started that the game is "unlikely to release in 2011". So, this implies that Versus XIII will release early 2012 at the earliest. Towards the release of the game, the development team will be able to begin work on their next title-- KH3. So, for this reason, it is possible that development of KH3 could begin early 2012.

So, what does this mean for the release date of Kingdom Hearts III, and other dates surrounding the game? If we assume the above to be correct, that development will begin early 2012, then at the absolute earliest, it is possible that small amounts of information concerning KH3 could be revealed at the end of 2011. This will probably just be in the form of interviews and possibly early character art, but it is possible we will get something before development starts.

However, of course, there is the possibility that things don't pick up until later. If Square chooses to release information only after development has started, then we may not hear anything until the middle of 2012, or later. Then, after this, development will take some time. Development of major games usually take 2 to 3 years, so, optimistically thinking, it is possible that we may see a Japanese release of Kingdom Hearts 3 in 2014, and a North American release in 2015.

It is worth noting that even though many "side games" are coming out for Kingdom Hearts, that is, games that are not numbered titles on consoles, it is not true that these games are delaying KH3. The only reason KH3 is taking so long is simply that the development team is busy with Versus XIII, and nothing else. The "side games" are a way to keep the fans busy, rather than giving us nothing until KH3.

And isn't that better? Although 358/2 Days and Re:coded have been perceived as flawed by some, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is definitely on the same level as one of the numbered titles. Although for a handheld console, the game is very long, detailed, and visually impressive. Nomura has gone as far to refer to the game as "KH0", confirming its importance as a "main game" in the series. So, it is not right to say that we haven't gotten a fair share of Kingdom Hearts since KH2.

---

However, of course, the release date of KH3 is still up to speculation. When do you think it will release? Post in the poll and let us know.

Also, we are allowing the community to ask a question, which will be answered next time. Today's question was "When will Kingdom Hearts III be released?" So, what do you want to know next? Leave a comment.

I really think that it'll come in the middle or in the end of 2013. It's just a feeling I have xD

And I wanted to ask this: When you guys think that a first BBS Volume 2 trailer will be revealed? I'm so anxious for that game.

Kh DDD will probably be released either in the end of 2011 or beginning of 2012

KhBBSV2 (if it's real) will probably be released in the end of 2012 or beginning of 2013

In conclusion Kh3 will probably be revealed in 2013 and released in 2014

i think that 3d will come out end of this year,if they are working with project

so good by now.

bbsv2 propably come end of next year.

and if they are doing plans all the time on three,we could see it in end or

middle 2013

There are always room for surprises. I remember seeing KHII Final Mix's release along with RE:CoM and being bummed out about it. And without warning it was on gamestop's shelf with little to no advertisement. Of course being that its a numbered title, i doubt that they will just put it on the shelf all im saying is that its possible that the kingdom hearts team, with all the knowledge and experience they have gained while working on Versus XIII, could find themselves incredibly determined to put their next masterpiece out.

I'm thinking that with all the games that are leading up to KH3's story it won't be that long therefore I think that BBS V2 will be released late 2011, early 2012 and KH3 will be released late 2012 early 2013.

i say 2013 if versus dose come out close to the end of this year and all they have to do is just do english voices and re-write words and such so its in english then it wouldnt take long for it to be released in american and other countrys and if at the lest it takes 2 years to finish a main game in Kingdom Hearts and they keep working on that then i say 2013 (maybe the surprise for the tenth anniversery of KH next year will be that they started working on it lol or almost done with it lol)

If Versus 13 comes out early next year, I see KH3 coming out no longer than 2014-15, since Nomura wants at least 1 KH game every year.

It'll more than likely come out in 2013. BbSV2 will probably come out at the end of this year for Japan. After all, I think they've been working on it in secret all this time. And it's probably the anniversary game. Judging by what we've seen from 3D, it'll probably come out in late 2012. And if Versus XIII does come out this year, KH3 will undoubtedly come out in 2013. It usually takes two or more years to make the games, so...

Yeah. This is definitely how it'll happen. It even follows the "one game a year" idea. LOL

My question is, will Kairi FINALLY be a playable character in BbSV2? The mansion scene is clearly after KH2. HPO didn't even think of investigating the mansion 'til after Kairi was kidnapped. And with Sora and Riku taking the Mark of Mastery, she needs to step it up (otherwise she'll always get left behind). I also wonder if we'll finally see (maybe through Kairi's POV) what happened with Ansem's experiments, the Heartless creation, and Xehanort sending Kairi to Destiny Islands. Kairi does have a central role. It just hasn't had light shed on it.

2013 around march for japan. then KH3LM (last Mix insted of Final Mix, jsut have a feeling they might change it up a bit)

bring everyhtign sort a full circle. we'll KH3LM version which will take aobtu half of 1013 and be relaslh febuary 17th 2014.

but it hink we;ll get KH3D in 2012 with a added demo to KH3 in KH3DFM.

After reading this , we'll be rly lucky if we get kh3 in 2014 but since I rly doubt it , I guess arnd 2015 though I hope sooner T^T If they start kh3 arnd 2012 there is no way they can have it ready in a year . And I rly hope they don't cause at least they should make it pwnsome for all those years of waiting !

And even though I rly want to play ff versus 13 , they could have bothered someone else to do it . The way it's going , it's gonna be 10 years since kh2 caue of it -.-

At least I'm happy my fav games are made from the same team <3 (not rly a ff player but ever since I found out abt ff verus 13 , I always wanted to play it :'D no wonder why now <3)

Okay, I'm sure we all know that Kingdom Hearts III isn't coming out yet because the KH team is working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and not because Square Enix wants to keep milking the series. I only want to note that the side games (which aren't really "side games", the only one that would technically qualify for that term is Days, but BBS and coded are pretty essential to the series' main storyline) aren't really there to occupy us with stuff until KH3, but that they really serve a purpose. Think about it, if there WAS no Days, BBS, and coded, and KH3 just came after KH2, then what would the story be? Sora, Riku, and Kairi going to high school or something? :P That'd be lame! The true use of these handheld games, I believe, are to soup up the storyline and make it even more awesome by introducing more characters and plotholes that not only give KH3 an awesome story but also raise up fan anticipation for all the questions to be answered in the upcoming game. The handheld games are not working AGAINST KH3 to delay it, if anything, they are helping make KH3 what it will be. And if the more side games there are, as long as they make KH3 awesomer, I'm all for them.

That being said, I'm tired of all the haters who say that the handheld games are all trash and that Nomura should just go on to KH3 and stop stalling. If they KNEW about the situation, and how these games help, they wouldn't be so angry. Yeesh, and when I say I'm a real fan for liking all the games, they say I'm just a sucker. :(

And I don't get why people don't like Days/coded but adore BBS and say it's superior to the other two. Really, all three are great games. I don't think Nomura had the intention to SPECIFICALLY make BBS better than the two for his own nefarious purposes.

I think it'll come out in 2013 or 2014 because they're working on 3d now,as well as Versus.3d probably release in America late 2011 or more likely in 2012.then bbs v2 is unknown when, but probably before kh 3.afterwards they'll probably make a bbs v2 final mix.finally sometime in 2013-2014 kh3.and I agree with J. Severe because I've played all the hand-held games in the kh series and they add something important to the storyline.not a whole lot ,but something that makes it worth it to make and play the game.with the exception of bbs, it adds a ton of stuff to the storyline

The release of KH DDD will probably later this year. At the end of it, most likely, however it worries me that so far a KH game has been released one per year so far, meaning that re:coded for 2011. KH DDD for 2012. KH BBSVol2 for 2013 and that leaves KH 3 to be released for 2014.

That means we're going to have to wait another three years! An eight year interval?! That's ridiculous! Most fans of the game would be grown up by then!

That means we're going to have to wait another three years! An eight year interval?! Most fans of the game would be grown up by then!

Age doesn't matter when your playing Kingdom Hearts. xD

In fact the older you are the more you will understand about the KH storyline as you would have been through the entire life of KH and possibly grown up with it.

That means we're going to have to wait another three years! An eight year interval?! Most fans of the game would be grown up by then!

Age doesn't matter when your playing Kingdom Hearts. xD

In fact the older you are the more you will understand about the KH storyline as you would have been through the entire life of KH and possibly grown up with it.

You're right, age doesn't matter cause there are people in their teens still confused about KH.

Okay, I'm sure we all know that Kingdom Hearts III isn't coming out yet because the KH team is working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and not because Square Enix wants to keep milking the series. I only want to note that the side games (which aren't really "side games", the only one that would technically qualify for that term is Days, but BBS and coded are pretty essential to the series' main storyline) aren't really there to occupy us with stuff until KH3, but that they really serve a purpose. Think about it, if there WAS no Days, BBS, and coded, and KH3 just came after KH2, then what would the story be? Sora, Riku, and Kairi going to high school or something? :P That'd be lame! The true use of these handheld games, I believe, are to soup up the storyline and make it even more awesome by introducing more characters and plotholes that not only give KH3 an awesome story but also raise up fan anticipation for all the questions to be answered in the upcoming game. The handheld games are not working AGAINST KH3 to delay it, if anything, they are helping make KH3 what it will be. And if the more side games there are, as long as they make KH3 awesomer, I'm all for them.

That being said, I'm tired of all the haters who say that the handheld games are all trash and that Nomura should just go on to KH3 and stop stalling. If they KNEW about the situation, and how these games help, they wouldn't be so angry. Yeesh, and when I say I'm a real fan for liking all the games, they say I'm just a sucker. :(

And I don't get why people don't like Days/coded but adore BBS and say it's superior to the other two. Really, all three are great games. I don't think Nomura had the intention to SPECIFICALLY make BBS better than the two for his own nefarious purposes.

Completely agree. Honestly, the numbers don't mean that much. Days, BbS, [Re]CoM, and Re:coded weren't really bad games, people are just so set on the number in the title they fool themselves either into no liking these games or not buying them and missing out.

Anyway, I predict 2014. 2012 KH:DDD, 2013 whatever BbSV2 will be called (I really hate the title Birth by Sleep Volume 2), then 2014 KH III.

i think the delay is a great thing, with all the experience from verses kh3 will have better graphics and as square enix always promises a great new battle style even better then the last, if ff verses looks as good as it is then kh3 will look just buetifull especially on HD ps3.

I agree whole-heartedly with everything you said. Except I think BbS was better/more important than Days and Coded. And I thought Re: Coded was the least necessary game (and yes, I've played and beaten EVERY US released KH game).

But back to the main point: Kingdom Hearts III is going to be much better because all of these games. BbS tied to the other games so well, that it'll make Xehanort's demise all the better. And can you imagine if KH3 would have come out BEFORE these games? It would have been awful trying to save characters we didn't know and love. Not to mention with each game, the gameplay gets better. Square knows how heavily anticipated KHIII is, and that's why they're taking their time. It'll be epic!

And people also seem to forget that the series will continue after KHIII. I believe that the rescuing of Ven, Terra, Aqua, Roxas, Axel, Xion (which is why Days was necessary), Namin