Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

Would you want a Kingdom Hearts movie?

Do you want a Kingdom Hearts movie?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Kingdom Hearts movie?

If they do make one, let's just make sure M. Night Shamaylan isn't in charge, not after what he did to The Last Airbender.

OH NO! NEVER AGAIN!

I'm not even a big fan of TLA, and I was disgusted by how off that movie was. -_-

Picture this plot summary:

Sora goes out to the beach alone one night. Suddenly he finds himself face to face with Master Xehanort in the keyblade graveyard. After a long hard fight where Sora activates his final form and Xehanort summons his guardian high in mid-air, Sora is struck down. In his final attack, Sora sacrifices himself leaving Xehanort weakened. Nonetheless, while Xehanort regains his strength he sends his guardian to Destiny Isands.

Riku wakes up to find his world being swarmed by heartless. Riku begins to fight them off when he sees Kairi rowing towards the island. As Riku fights he is attacked by the guardian, who has come for Kairi. Riku is blasted over the sea to the island, crashing in the beach. Kairi was almost in the secret place to ask the heart of the world for help when she runs back to help Riku. She is grabbed by the guardian and a weak Riku held back by two defender heartless helplessly watches as the guardian prepares to steal Kairi's heart. At the last second a cloaked figure wielding the Oblivion and Oathkeeper keyblade knocks back the guardian and heals Riku. Together they destroy all the heartless and defeat the guardian. The cloaked figure is Roxas and Riku deduces that Sora must have lost his heart for Roxas to be there. Roxas opens a portal of darkness which leads to the tower of Yen Sid and the 3 friends journey through.

King Mickey, Donald and Goofy are already there and reveal that pureblood heartless have been spreading through all the world stealing peoples hearts to build an army of heartless, emblem and pureblood. They don't know why but they've also been stealing the 7 princesses hearts. Yen Sid confirms that Sora's heart has been lost and sends all of them to confront Master Xehanort in the Keyblade Graveyard.

They arrive via Gummi ship to see a fully healed Master Xehanort standing at the edge of a cliff looking out to Kingdom Hearts. Riku, Mickey and Roxas go out to face him while Donald, Goofy and Kairi prepare to leave for safety. Master Xehanort then reveals his hand: He has Sora's heart. He uses it to create an emblem heartless that resembles Sora, wielding the Keyblade of peoples hearts under Master Xehanorts control. The 5 then clash in an epic battle atop the cliff, with Roxas fighting Sora's heartless while Mickey and Riku battle Xehanort. Donald and Goofy decide to help at the last minute and tell Kairi to escape in the ship. With their help, the battle turns around and Roxas knockes out Sora's heartless without destroying it. Kairi decides to help and uses the gummi ships cannon to stop Xehanort from hurting Riku, but Xehanort blasts down the Gummi ship. As Kairi crawls out of the wreckage Xehanort reaches her first and forces her to call out to Sora.

Kairi's cry revives Sora from his heartless state and Sora awakens just in time to see Xehanort steal Kairi's heart and add it to the Keyblade of peoples hearts. With the Keyblade complete, Xehanort unlocks Kingdom Hearts to achieve absolute power and even summons old foes such as a complete Organization XIII, Malificent, Pete, Sephiroth and the once defeated guardian. Finally, Xehanort regroups his army of heartless and nobodies.

The chances of victory look slim but then Cids gummi ship arrives with Cid, Tifa, Squall, Yuffie, Cloud and Merlin. In pursuit of Belle the Beast shows up, having been led there by his heart much like before. Genie uses his power to take him and Aladdin to the scene to find Jasmine. Lastly, Hercules was told by the gods that trouble was brewing so with his dads help he, Pegasus and Auron went to help Sora and his friends. Axel turns on the villains choosing once again to help Roxas. After he speaks briefly with both of them, Sora and Roxas join together again for the final fight.

Will the heroes win? Or will the worlds be lost to darkness forever?

Kind of long. I guess I have too much free time. Still, I feel like this is my ultamite fan-fic. What do you think?

Okay, let's get crackin'.

Live-action: First off, they'd have to get teenage actors, give them ultra-spiky hair, place them in colorful, yet strangely ridiculous clothing, and film it. And the Disney too would also be live-action, or (in the case of Mickey, Donald, and Goofy) be computer animated. I'd also like to see how they pull off the Gummi Ship, and put it in outer space no less. Plus, the Keyblade would look uber cheesy. And the movie would spend thousands if not millions of dollars on special effects! Not to mention it'd probably be panned by the fans. Verdict: NO!

The keyblades in the Sunset Horizons trailer looked pretty cool, and that was meant to replicate real life

CGI: Honestly, if this was done in the same fashion as Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, it'd be PERFECT! Not only would they be able to pull of everything displayed in the games without making it look weird, they would be able to keep the characters' distinct looks, as well as their voice actors. Plus, they would look awesome in CG. And it's cost-effective. Verdict: YEAH!

Who We're Dealing With: The big men, Disney and Square Enix. Square Enix is known for their movies (Advent Children & The Spirits Within) to be action-packed, feature ladies in slightly revealing clothing, and have some objective words here and there. Disney, on the other hand, is absolutely family-friendly, and has put out such classics as The Little Mermaid & The Lion King, with newies like The Princess and the Frog. Their films often include romance, songs, and buddies, And gruesomse deaths and deals with various devils. How could these two different companies work together?

Disney's Version: I imagine if Disney was able to make their own version of the KH series in movie-form, it'd be a bit different from the source material. That being said, the main characters or world residents breaking out in songs and whatnot. Who wouldn't want to see Riku striking out in song, really? And I can imagine an emphasis on Sora & Kairi's relationship. Like a moment where Sora & Kairi are riding in a Gummi Ship through the skies... singing a love ballad. And then even kissing at the end. That would make SoraXKairi fans overjoyed.

Square's Version: I can imagine something a bit grittier and darker than the source material. Perhaps here, when a character hits another with a Keyblade, it actually leaves bumps on the person and/or blood. (O_O) And the other Square Enix-like material included in most of their movies/games. It actually sounds somewhat intriguing...

There was an instance of blood in Final Fantasy Versus XIII, and that was considered a big step on Square part. Sure there's a lot of blood at the end of Advent Children, but Square wouldn't be dead set on putting that in their Disney crossover, besides, usually Squares just puts splatters of dust on a persons face when they get injured.

Verdict: In conclusion, the ONLY way a Kingdom Hearts movie could truly work is if it was in CGI, and it stuck to the original games. No tweaking or anything, just the things that happened in the game, and perhaps some references to classic Disney & Square lore to keep viewers interesting. That's basically the best way the film could roll out. It would most likely be direct-to-video rather than theatrical, seeing as not many people know of KH, unless the movie turned out to be very good. But why would we need a movie anyway? The series is fine enough now, and I don't think we'd TRULY need a film until after the Xehanort Saga.

This is the fundamental flaw. CGI is expensive, and direct to movie doesn't sell as well. Especially given Squares track record, I doubt anybody will be falling over their head to see this.

THE END!

Credits roll.

Written by J. Severe.

Produced by J. Severe.

Directed by J. Severe.

Starring J. Severe as J. Severe.

Narrated by J. Severe.

Casting by J. Severe.

Camera Manager: J. Severe.

Assistant to Mr. Severe: J. Severe.

Songs | ... Still J. Severe, even though that doesn't make a lick of sense.Sure it does, you said Sora and Kairi would sing a ballad

Copyright 2011 by J. Severe Worldwide, LLC and KH13 Productions.

Comments in comments

Yes, I want a movie.

but not a live action, that's NG !! :angry:

If they ever make one, I would rather an anime movie or computer graphics

but I hope the art style and the quality of the anime are good :unsure:

Nah. It would loose the magic without the Disney characters, and if they were there then Disney would get a big say of what is / is not allowed, and that would unfortunately be the downfall of a KH movie.

I also think the gameplay of the series plays a large part in how captivating it is...

i do want one but at the same time i won't cause it would fail mb after a few games then it would make sense but now is not the time :P (not the time if u don't want it to fail and kh to end xD)

I think they should make one, but they should do it on 358/1 days or Birth By Sleep as to me those have the best plot, they should make it the same way they did FFVII: Advent Children. ^^

I think they should make one, but they should do it on 358/1 days or Birth By Sleep as to me those have the best plot, they should make it the same way they did FFVII: Advent Children. ^^

If they make a movie from one of the games, I agree with your choices, though I think a KH movie should have its own plot.

Personally, I'm in love with all of the Kingdom Hearts games, and I've wanted a movie to come out ever since I played and beat the first one. After I played and beat both 358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts II, I've wanted a movie to be made even more.

Sure, most movies ruin a lot of what they are based on--but if this movie was made by the right people who want to keep the storyline the way it is--because the storyline makes the games so amazing--then the movie has the potential to be as amazing as the games are.

If a movie was made, and the makers destroyed the storyline, a lot of fans wouldn't watch it--and that is more than a lot of people. If the storyline was kept the way it is, however, then the movie, as well as the games, will have just as many fans and it would be huge success. Also, none of the characters should be taken out--as well as no new characters should be put in, because millions of people have a bond with the characters from the games, so if new characters were put in, and old ones were taken out, a lot of fans wouldn't be chipper.

Although, making a live action movie would ruin it completely--due to the fact that it wouldn't capture the right feel that the games do, and most live action movies that have computer generated objects just look weird. But if there was a movie made, and it was animated (and looked anime like in the games), then it would look as amazing as the games.

And since the games are so sad--I'd imagine the movie would be as well--but it would also be heart warming, because the games, to me, make you bond with the characters...so when something bad does happen to one of the characters, you feel upset and sad for them--that's what I love the most about the games.

No, most movies made after games don't turn out well or are hit and miss. An example of movies that didn't turn out well is the live action Mario movie. An example of hit and miss is Prince of Persia, most people who had played the games hated it, most people who haven't played it loved it.

A kingdom hearts movie (if done right) would be badass! It would be really cool, especially just to see people try to be the main characters. They would have to do it like the ff7 movie