Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Deadshot

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console

New console is backwards compatible with Wii software.

Multiple sources have confirmed to Game Informer that Nintendo will reveal a new console between now and E3 2011 in June.

Game Informer's sources say the console is capable of running games at "HD resolutions," though it is unclear whether not it will be as powerful as Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Nintendo is reportedly showing the console to publishers to garner interest for a late 2012 launch.

Sources tell IGN that Nintendo will release a pre-announcement this month with a full reveal expected at E3. Sources say the console will be backwards compatible with current Wii software.

What do you think about the possible new niotendo system

3D Wii anyone?

I don't know, probably not. I probably won't get the new nintendo console unless it has some really cool stuff that isn't just gimmicky. The Wii was alright but the other consoles were just infinitely superior. Better graphics, better online, better game selection, and better motion control.

Well hopefully this new generation of nintendo consoles gets the other companies to move foward. Nintendo does indeed have a reputation of starting the next generation of game consoles.

Well, the Wii's sales are dropping now, so it only makes sense that Nintendo would get a new system into production before they start falling behind.

I just hope it's a system that is a little more.... powerful.

Well hopefully there is a discount if you turn in your Wii. I don't play that thing anymore anyways.

Like the "Up to a 100$ discount for the 3DS if you turn in your DS." thing they have at Walmart? xD

It wont be that great and i doubt it will be more powerful than 360 and ps3.

It probably will, but to counter Sony and Microsoft will make something more powerful than that.

Ever since the last decade Nintendo would be the first to make the step forward in gaming. Sony and later on, Microsoft would create a new console based on how well the new nintendo console does.

When I visited my cousin in Washington two years ago we got to see the Microsoft buildings. He worked on xP and Vista. We were able to get acess to the Xbox building, supposedly the equations I saw on one of the boards were going to be used for the Kinect.

Microsoft as well as Sony and Nintendo plan their stuff years in advanced and tweak development based on what the other company does.

3D Wii anyone?

I could have sworn I read an article from gamespot saying that Nintendo isn't going into the 3D direction for the Wii successor. This was late March-early April.

1) wii was awful, so i'm guessing the next nintendo console will be too

2) because nintendo's doing it, now sony and microsoft will do it too. i don't want another expensive console.

3) generic Do Not Want.

1- Horrible logic, setting yourself up for disappointment

2- Sony and Microsoft both have plans to keep their systems going for a few mores years (I think one ofthem plans to keep going 'till 2015, can't remember which)

This is just a rumour BTW. All sorts of sources are claiming they have insider info on the Wii2, but all the claims are different.

I bet this is another rumor that will cease to exsist. The Wii is not that great of a system. For years there has been a rumor of a PS4, Xbox 720, Xbox portable, and Wii 2. Now its 2011 and none of those systems has even been announced. What makes you think this new Wii will?

I bet this is another rumor that will cease to exsist. The Wii is not that great of a system. For years there has been a rumor of a PS4, Xbox 720, Xbox portable, and Wii 2. Now its 2011 and none of those systems has even been announced. What makes you think this new Wii will?

because the wii's been around longer than the rest of the current-gen consoles, and lots of reliable sources have confirmed it.

may i say that nintendo is dead? i mean the wii was the greatest thing, then playstation came up with move, now xbox (insert holy music here) has come up with kinect which has no controlers but your self. so i say that they are dead in the water now.

may i say that nintendo is dead? i mean the wii was the greatest thing, then playstation came up with move, now xbox (insert holy music here) has come up with kinect which has no controlers but your self. so i say that they are dead in the water now.

lol, nintendo courldn't be further away from death. may i remind you of the 3DS? and the games still coming for the wii? and their very popular history? and their popularity with little children and families?

More rumors

'Wii 2' Codenamed 'Project Cafe'

New details have surfaced from yesterday's reports that Nintendo is set to unveil its newest console, codenamed "Project Cafe."

According to our sources, the new Nintendo controller will feature dual analog sticks in addition to standard d-pad and trigger buttons. It'll mirror a Gamecube controller in general function but not in specific form.

French website 01.net has published additional details (via Develop), that say the touch capable screen on the controller is 6 inches in size, but we were unable to confirm the accuracy of the report. Additional details about the console's hardware specs could also not be confirmed.

Players will actually be able to stream game content to the controller screen from the console. It's unclear at this time what type of content it will be, whether it's full games you can take with you on the go, mini-games or applications.

At E3 in June, our sources also said Nintendo will show first and third party titles at the event, but it's unsure if they'll be playable or only in video form.

Nintendo has sold more games and consoles than Microsoft and Playstation COMBINED. Why? Nintendo makes cheaper yet good quality stuff at half the price of Microsoft and Playstation. Plus everything they make is family friendly, appealing to a wider audience. Nintendo is still ahead of the competition and unless Sony and Microsoft change what they are doing, Nintendo will be at the front for a long time.

More rumors

'Wii 2' Codenamed 'Project Cafe'

New details have surfaced from yesterday's reports that Nintendo is set to unveil its newest console, codenamed "Project Cafe."

According to our sources, the new Nintendo controller will feature dual analog sticks in addition to standard d-pad and trigger buttons. It'll mirror a Gamecube controller in general function but not in specific form.

French website 01.net has published additional details (via Develop), that say the touch capable screen on the controller is 6 inches in size, but we were unable to confirm the accuracy of the report. Additional details about the console's hardware specs could also not be confirmed.

Players will actually be able to stream game content to the controller screen from the console. It's unclear at this time what type of content it will be, whether it's full games you can take with you on the go, mini-games or applications.

At E3 in June, our sources also said Nintendo will show first and third party titles at the event, but it's unsure if they'll be playable or only in video form.

Interesting find. Good work Ocelot.

Darn it, I wanted to unveil this news... You beat me to it.

Anyway, just so you know, the system is supposedly codenamed "Project Cafe" and numerous websites are confirming the system's existence, plus some bigshots are letting some info loose... (ie, E3's Twitter account tweeted the link to the original article from Game Informer teasing its existence; some Japanese developer stated he wanted to work with HD on Super Smash Bros., a couple of Capcom execs said stuff about Nintendo's next console, etc.) It's said to be a LOT more powerful than PS3 and 360, yet another website said it's 360-level.

The controller is said to be like the Wiimote, except with a large 6-inch screen on it, and there are other reports of it being a classic controller with dual analog sticks, and then even a combination of the two! It is reported that Nintendo will announce it later this month, and unveil it at E3 2011 for a release in 2012 (some say fall 2012, some say holiday). The Wii's supposed price cut to $170 seems to point that the new console IS on its way. Blu-ray.com says the new console may use Blu-ray tech, but it's yet to be confirmed.

It's all mixed up at the point.

I'd recommend you check out http://www.wiihdrumors.com or http://3dsforums.com/lounge-2/*rumor*-nintendo-announce-new-console-12494/ for more info and updates.

Oh yeah, I'm awesome like that.