Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Stardustblade358

-Project:DEATH-

"For those who hear me, this is Azura Rocecrant." The words caught Claire by surprise. That voice... she said she was a survivor! Claire pulled the radio closer, jaming her finger into the broken volume button. It hurt, but she got what she wanted. "I'll be in this town for one more day. Then move on to the next town, Lilith Town." Lilith Town. That was a five-hour drive from here. She could easily make that. Claire scrambled out of the seat and through the halls. She flew past the DEATH moaning in agony around her, deaf to their cries.

'A survivor. Finally, another survivor!' Claire rushed through the facility and out to the gates. It was here that she found what she was looking for: prison buses. She drove her knife into the edge of the bus' door, prying it open. Claire closed the door behind her, throwing herself into the seat. The keys were gone, but that wasn't a problem. One knife and a little rewiring later, the bus' engine roared to life. "Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" She threw the gear box into reverse, slamming her foot down on the accelerator. The bus crashed through the electric gate, DEATH falling to the steel titan. Claire shifted to the gear to drive. the tires squealing as she sped toward Lilith Town.

Azura turned the mic off and set it on a repeat time for that specific radio signal world wide. She then left leaving the things how she had fixed them and then satted down on a field of soft and nice grass. She layed down with her arms behind her head. She looked up at the sky. Grey,as it has been latetly due the rainy weather and forecast. She yawned and hoped that someone could have heard it. She was desperate to hear another voice besides her and the ones in her memory.

Five hours turned out to be an excruciating amount of time, only made worse by the rickety old bus she had chosen. Could she have taken the time to check the condition of the buses? Yeah, she had time. Did she take the time. No, and now she was paying the price. Claire flew up out of the seat, the hard cushion smacking her on the return. She swore loudly, regretting her hasty decision.

It was about this time that the bus' speed began to fall. Claire cecked the guages: Oil was good, so was the battery... gas...

"Son of a bitch!" Claire punched the steering wheel as the bus slowed to a stop. "Great, just mother-" Claire stopped herself. She wasn't alone. How could she not have noticed? The bus rocked to the side, Claire spinning around in the chair. A massive figure in the back row of seats bega to stir. It had to be at least 7 feet tall, its bulging muscles flexing as it reached out for her. Her eyes wide with panic, CLaire ran out the door, the figure smashing through the side of the bus. The DEATH let out a deafening roar, the windows shattering. The DEATH's iconic black snakes burst out of its rippling muscles, coiling down its arms. As Claire drew the nodachi, one thing became clear: this was no ordinary DEATH.

Claire hit the ground, pulling herself back up with her katana. The DEATH let out another shriek, pounding the earth with its massive fists. She looked down, red blood staining her shirt. She'd been cut at some point, but she hadn't noticed. Claire rushed the beast, slicing its arm off. To no surprise, the DEATH screamed. Then black snakes shot out of the bloody stump, melding into a new arm. How many times could this thing regenerate? "That's its fifth arm. Even the head regenerates... What the hell is this thing?" The DEATH threw its weight forward, slamming Claire into the bus. She felt a few ribs crack as well as the location of her mysterious cut. The red stain quickly spread, Claire's shirt sticking to her body. "I've got to end this... but how?"

Then she realized the solution. It was so obvious! She had already figured that the DEATH was in the chest, but even those wounds regenerated. No ordinary DEATH could take this much punishment, but you could fit more than one DEATH in that massive body. She didn't know how many there were, but she had to take them all out at once. And she had a plan. Claire pulled her waning strength together and charged the monster. It swung down, Claire jumping over the fist. She grabbed its shoulders flipping herself over the monster's head. When she landed behind it, she quickly drew her magnum, pressing the barrel against its back and firing. The DEATH screeched in agony, grasping at the gaping hole in its chest. It fell to its knees, and finally became silent. Claire let out a heavy sigh, falling to the ground. She was in terrible pain, but she couldn't stop now. "I have to get to Lilith Town." She pushed herself up and began to walk. She could still make it by the next day. The new problems came together: her fresh injuries, and she would have to travel through the night.

Azura then fell asleepin the radio place and stood there for the night. The next morning she woke up and starte dto walk around to the outsides of the city to the next one. Hoping that she would find someone,another human being there. So she would be able to listen to another voice besides her self. She then stopped when she saw a small house with a motorcycle there. With keys still on and gas tanks in the garage full. 10 minutes later Azura was on the motorcycle with a helmet on. Riding it towards the next town. "(Let us hope there is another being like me alive there.)"Azura thinks as she revs it up and fast.

Lilith Town

City Limits

'Finally.' Claire thought as she stumbled forward, grabbing the rusted sign. It had taken her all night, but she made it. Now she just had to find...

Claire let out a big laugh. The voice on the radio never said where inside Lilith Town it would be. And for all she knew, the person had been killed last night. No, if they survived until now, they'd be able to survive one more night. Then again, that's what everyone thought...

Suddenly, her laughing turned into hacking coughs. Claire doubled over, grabbing her abdomen. Her wound began to bleed profusely. Who would have known something as simple as laughing would re-open it? She had already lost a fair amount of blood after her encounter with that DEATH back at the bus, and her journey here didn't help either. She would have to find a hospital. Claire knew what to do, but the equipment...

'Just a little further.' The thought pulled her through the night, but it wasn't helping anymore. Claire fell to one knee, and then the other. She coughed again, blood resting on her stained shirt. 'No. I was so... close..." She fell forward, reaching out for the city. It wasn't fair... It just wasn't fair...

And with that, she lost consciousness.

Azura rode her motorcycle to the city when she saw something...strange on the road. A body. She parked right besides it. She got off and got her gun ready. She had it pointed at all times. She kicked it for it to flip up. It was a girl. She was still alive,yet just bearly. Azura took precaution and examined her. There were no sighns of any DEATH infection. Just wounds of battle...this was the first time in months that Azur smiled. Azura quickly dragged the girl onto the motorcycle and strapped her on. She got her helmet on again and revved it up towards the city. By then she parks outside a pharmacy. She drags the girl inside and gets her in a corner. She then sits down with her gun pointed at her and waits for her to wake up.

The roar of a motor? No, it had to be a dream. But then again, she felt like she was... flying.

Claire took deep breaths, slowly opening her eyes. As luck would have it, she was met with the barrel of a gun. Even worse, it was a kid pointing it. She knew children had been dragged into this, but the sight still pained her.

Claire took another deep breath and managed to speak. "I... need... gauze pads... bandage wraps... disinfectant, and..." Out of breath, Claire lowered her head to take a break. No, there wasn't any time. She quickly scanned the shelves and pointed to a hemostatic solution. She would get them herself but not only did she not have the energy, but she knew to never startle anyone with a gun. This child was the only one who could help her.

'She's only a kid...'

Azura stared. "You can still speak. That's a good sighn."Azura says. She then stood up and walked over to the shelves and starte dto bring all of the materials. "Listen,I'm only thinking of keeping humans. You get infested by a DEATH,I'll kill you,allright?"Azura says in a very casual like manner. She then went over to the girl and started to treat her. Keeping her handgun on her side at all times. She started to disinfect,clean,and wrap the wounds. She then handed the girl a sneaker bar as she then kept working.

Claire looked at the bar, leaving it untouched. She sat quietly as Azura treated her minor wounds, but stopped her from reaching for her abdomen. "I can take care of this." Claire let out a loud grunt as she pulled herself up using a nearby shelf, pulling her jacket off. Her shirt peeled off of her skin as she took it off, getting her first real look at her wound. Her skin and bra had been stained red, a gaping wound crossing over her diaphragm. The sight made Claire lightheaded, but she quickly grabbed the disinfectant and hemostat, cleaning and clotting the wound. After dressing it, she fell back to the floor. It took a lot of energy to even do that, and she knew she was slowing this girl down. This girl...

"I'm Claire Sarip. I'm from Baron, a few hours from here. What about you? Are you hurt?"

Azura stared at her. "I'm Azura Rocecrant. I'm from Karazuki City. 10 weeks on foot from here."Azura says as she still had her gun at hand. "I sent a messege for those surviviors from a small radio station. I imagene you must have heard it,or destiny simply let us meet. And no,I'm not hurtmhave been,but not recently."Azura says. She then got her AK-47 and got her handgun away. Azura walked around. "Well,as long as you don't get infected with DEATH,then everything should be ok between us two. But in dangerous situations,it's every human for themselves. Remember that."Azura says. She was extremely mature for her age. But that's what happens when you pass through this kind of life-or-death universal crisis.

She should have laughed. Not a "ha-ha" laugh, but like in the movies. She felt it was the perfect time to, but Claire could only think about this girl, Azura. She couldn't be older than 14 or 15. This world changed people. And it only made her fall deeper into despair.

"Don't worry, I won't slow you down. I can hold my own." Claire checked her katana, and then counted the rounds in her revolver. 5 in the chamber, 6 in reserve. She clicked the gun back together, bringing herself to her feet. She put her bloody shirt back on, covering it with her jacket. It stank and clung to her skin, but she didn't have anything else. Armed and dressed, she began to pick items off the shelf, stealing glances at Azura every few second. It still left her in shock. "I heard your transmission on the radio. What do you plan to do now?"

Azura stared at her and thinks. "Try to survive and...something."Azura says. She walked around. "My accomplishments and goals are to survive,and find something that scared or kills DEATH,besides guns. Like something that they get scared off. Salt or something. Anything. An antidote in otehr words. But appearently until now NOTHING besides guns seem to works at all."Azura says as she looks outside incase any sighn of DEATH.

Claire stopped, her hand still on the shelf. "I think I have a way to stop them." She sighed. "Or at least, I'm working on it. I've been studying them for the last few months, learning their growth cycles. I'm trying to find out where they came from. Hopefully, there'll be clues about their biology there..." Her thoughts seemed to trail off.

Claire continued down the aisles, picking items off the shelves and pocketing them. She picked up another pack of cigarettes, pocketing that as well. "We probably shouldn't stay here much longer. Is there somewhere special you wanna go to around here?"

Azura looked around. "Not really. But I would like to relax a bit and see if any other survivors got my messege. I'm also on my way to where all of this started. Washington DC. Appearnetly there was a lab there that was the originiality of all of this. So maybe find something there. I have pretty much ranned out of ideas..."Azura says as she walked outside and then looked around. "Move."Azura says as she started to walk down the street.

Not too social, apparently. The thought passed through Claire's mind as she lit a cigarette, pocketing the remaining pack. The streets were beyond depressing. If anything, it was worse than in Baron. The air reeked of rotting corspes (a smell she had unfortunately grown accustomed to) and the streets were littered with them as well. 'If this did start in Washington, then could this have been the government? It could be another Raccoon City...' She thought back to her uncle. She missed him so much. And she couldn't even be with him in his last moments. Why did he have to work there?

That's why she studied biology. To be sure nothing like that happened again. Only... it already had. And the only thing she had to console herself was...

Claire let out a burning breath, stepping over a man's corpse. "I hope someone else heard your message. We need all the help we can get."