Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
VENROXAS

Portal 2

It kinda confuses me a bit about what it is ._.

i instantly hate you.

i've been really wanting this ever since it was announced for it's original release date in november 2010

in 2 days i'll be getting the PS3 version, with the PC version free with it :D

my friend messaged me over steam and completely spoiled the final boss for me though -.-

^ Same thing happened to me, darn you internet!

Was still funny though with the little space core and all. Also did anyone notice the following things...?

1, at the "bring your daughter to work day" bit, one of the projects says "by Chell" meaning that Chell has parents who worked at Apperture. (Possibly Cave and Caroline). Also, the "different" turret you see on the turret redemption line, will quote Cave Jonhson if you pick it up.

^ Same thing happened to me, darn you internet!

Was still funny though with the little space core and all. Also did anyone notice the following things...?

1, at the "bring your daughter to work day" bit, one of the projects says "by Chell" meaning that Chell has parents who worked at Apperture. (Possibly Cave and Caroline). Also, the "different" turret you see on the turret redemption line, will quote Cave Jonhson if you pick it up.

You also get a hint at Wheatley's evil nature when you meet the companion cube for the first time. Wheatley removes one of the panels to look at you for a brief second. The background is completely red and he looks somewhat evil.

Portal seems like an awesome game.

I've only played the demo for the first game though.(AND LOVED IT!)

I'm going to buy the game... and if I like it.. I'll try out the second one :3

I love the songs sung by GLaDOS though...

So.. Is the second game better than the first?

As far as the story goes, it actually tells you in Portal 2 what happened in the first Portal quite well.

If you got on okay in the demo, you could probably skip Portal and play the 2nd one (though the first one is still pretty fantastic and you should play it anyway ^^)

And yeah Portal 2 was better, I thought, to put it in perspective, think about KH and KH 2. The sequel improves on the original in pretty much every way.

@ at fred

I know other puzzle games with a good story

But this game is best valve game and in my opninion the best game of 2011 so far

I'm curious but what are these games? I like puzzle games but I usually don't wind up completing them unless there is something to keep me motivated to play to the end, like the humor and story in Portal.

I wouldn't say it's the best Valve game. Team Fortress 2 is a game that will never die. Portal shares the same immortality but Team Fortress 2 has a lot more re-playability. I myself played the original portal from start to finish at least 14 times but eventually the jokes just turn into dialog from hearing them over and over again and the puzzles become easy and are completed without much thought. Team Fortress 2 is slightly better despite not having a campaign. Valve regularly adds new items and maps and it's just a blast to play, even if your doing bad. But Portal is an amazing game, one of the best that exist.

And Portal 2 is definitely the best game of 2011. Once I heard about it I set 50 dollars aside and labeled the wallet I kept them in "Portal 2 fund" so I don't accidentally spend it on something else. Portal 2 is a huge leap in gaming. I hope other game developers follow Valves example.

I'm curious but what are these games? I like puzzle games but I usually don't wind up completing them unless there is something to keep me motivated to play to the end, like the humor and story in Portal.

I wouldn't say it's the best Valve game. Team Fortress 2 is a game that will never die. Portal shares the same immortality but Team Fortress 2 has a lot more re-playability. I myself played the original portal from start to finish at least 14 times but eventually the jokes just turn into dialog from hearing them over and over again and the puzzles become easy and are completed without much thought. Team Fortress 2 is slightly better despite not having a campaign. Valve regularly adds new items and maps and it's just a blast to play, even if your doing bad. But Portal is an amazing game, one of the best that exist.

And Portal 2 is definitely the best game of 2011. Once I heard about it I set 50 dollars aside and labeled the wallet I kept them in "Portal 2 fund" so I don't accidentally spend it on something else. Portal 2 is a huge leap in gaming. I hope other game developers follow Valves example.

Professor Layton games have an intersing story but there not as good as portal 2's

Phoenix Wright but am not sure that's puzzle game

I only played Portal twice.I also done Portal 2.I think valve is in my 5 favourite developers up there with Naughty Dog and Bioware.I havn't played Tf2 inn while i do remember it being fun but for me i always need story with my games it's that bad with Tf 2 since it came with The orange box.I do think Portal 2 is best Puzzle game i've played

I've never played the first game myself, I went over to a friends house once and we watched her older brother play the entire game. I thought it was awesome! I know the story, so I was thinking of getting Portal 2. (or just watching a walkthrough online or something)

I've never played the first game myself, I went over to a friends house once and we watched her older brother play the entire game. I thought it was awesome! I know the story, so I was thinking of getting Portal 2. (or just watching a walkthrough online or something)

you should definitely get it, i can say honestly that it is the greatest game i have.