Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

KH3D Kingdom Hearts III and worlds, characters in Dream Drop Distance?

Couple of things today. Firstly, we've created a page for Kingdom Hearts III which comprises together everything we know about the game. You might have things you want to add to the page, and of course, you can do that here in our Content Project. Secondly, our worlds section is now complete. This includes a complete story synopsis for each world. Thanks to everyone who contributed! Now, we're working on characters and aim to have the majority done before E3 2011.

WQ26qO6IBD388CNOs7I3EFQpMYYTRR66.jpg

And now, we come to you with a question. Today's question is what characters do you think will be featured in Kingdom Hearts 3D, and what will their involvement be? As usual, give your answer below, and the best answers will be chosen and featured on the website. We look forward to you participating!

Huh. This is a tricky question. On one hand, there's supposed to be all new Disney worlds. Perhaps the characters we know could be summons? I imagine that Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cid, and Cloud will probably be present. Either when Sora and Riku are in Traverse Town, or when they're not being examined for the Mark of Mastery. I also have to wonder if Tifa, and YRP might be present. Maybe even Rinoa if that letter Leon received is anything to go by. And for some reason I think Seifer, Rai, and Fuu (and maybe Vivi) will come in contact with Leon. Maybe they'll grudgingly join the Restoration Committee.

There are also rumors that Vincent Valentine will show up eventually.

I don't think Sephiroth will be around this time. Don't know why, but I don't think it would fit in very well.

Well, we know for sure that the Hunchback characters will be present. Maybe they'll put The Jungle Book in the game since it was originally going to be in BbS. Then again, they'd probably have that in BbSV2. Same thing with The Sword in the Stone. I think someone said that was supposed to be in BbS.

Pinocchio characters might show up if they reuse what they were planning for Days. We have, after all, actually never been to his world.

I imagine Selphie, Tidus, and Wakka will be present on Destiny Islands. Kairi will probably be there, but I hope she does more than that. Maybe Kairi will be with HPO like in the BbSFM secret ending.

They might have Laguna Loire since he was supposed to be in BbS. Maybe they'll include Zack and Auron, too.

Obviously Yen Sid, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Jiminy will be present. Maybe Chip and Dale. I imagine Yen Sid might become even more central in this game. Maybe he'll do some fighting. I definitely want Max to show up eventually.

Forms of Xehanort will obviously be in the game. Maybe Lea will even return this game. I also imagine Sora might look inside himself and find Roxas, Xion, and Ven (possibly Vanitas, too). I don't think any saving will happen until KH3 though. I also don't think Ven, Terra, and Aqua will be present in 3D. Naminé probably will. She's been in every game except KH1. She was even in BbS because she was in the secret ending.

Oh! I also imagine Ansem the Wise might show up. At least in a flashback. Sora will probably have to bring the memories inside him to the surface. He also might learn what Data was hidden inside him.

It also might be plausible that Mysterious Figure's in the game. Well, that's all I have for now.

Edit: I’d also be willing to bet money that Lightning will be included. There was an Avatar of her in Coded. And Square seems to be putting her in every game…

Obviously Sora, Riku, Donald, Goofy, Mickey,and Yen Sid are going to be in the game as the main characters. That is a given. Xemnas and Ansem appearing in Traverse Town could mean something. Maybe they are working together to try and turn Sora and Riku against each other again, who knows. I highly expect Xehanort to appear, most likely at the very end of the game, to announce his plans and put the party in a bad position for the beginning of Kingdom Hearts III. I'm hoping Roxas might be given something to do again, because since he's one of the people Sora has to save, his story is clearly not over yet. Kairi will probably be in it at the beginning to see Sora and Riku off, but that'll be pretty much it. Above all, I expect that the Mysterious Figure will appear with Xehanort at the end of the game, possibly revealing its identity for the shocking ending. I doubt TAV will be appearing in the game, since they're kind of..... busy. Maybe we'll se Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cid, and possibly Cloud return to give Sora and Riku support during their adventure.

Those are all the people I can think of for now.

Obviously, Sora, Riku, Kairi and the main protaginsists will be featured in Kingdom Hearts 3D. Why you ask? You're about to find out.

Sora- Sora will be in Kingdom Hearts 3D for sure. His involvement in the game will basically be, "The Hero of Light" or "The Keyblade Wielder". In other words, Sora will be the main character of the game along with Riku. Sora and Riku are both taking the Mark of Mastery test(Note: Nomura said the MOM will have little to do with the plot) to become Keyblade Masters. It is also Sora responsiblity to bring back those who are hurting (Axel, Xion, Roxas, Terra, Aqua, Ventus). Sora will explore numerous different Disney worlds and "fight to keep the light safe". Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance may be the first game that Sora will have to travel alone. So this could mean that Goofy and Donald are not party members. This game is going to be very awesome, especially while you're playing as Sora. In the trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, you can see Sora doing a lot of crazy tricks such as: Swinging around poles, jumping high in the sky, and flying. In the trailer, a lot of the moves Sora displayed where from his Drive Forms. This could mean no Drive Forms but better gameplay. Anyway, Sora's involvement in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance will be major.

Riku- Riku will definatley be in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. Riku is another one of the main characters of this game and his involvement is almost as big as Sora's. Riku will travel to countless worlds just like Sora to set things right. Riku also will be taking the "Mark of Mastery" exams in order to become a true Keyblade wielder. Playing through Riku's story should be very interesting and should not dissapoint. Riku is like a Hero/Villain type of character. Meaning he's joined both sides of the party. The good thing about Riku is, he has the ability to control darkness, unlike Sora. Darkness looks more badass and powerfull then "light" and I'm sure many would agree. Riku will have a major involvement in this game fighting with Sora, defeating darkness, exploring worlds, and becoming a Keyblade Master.

Kairi- It has never been directly confirmed that Kairi will be in this game. But it's almost inevitable that she will. Kairi's involvement in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance won't be nearly as big as Sora and Riku's. But she can still be a supporter for the two. Also, Kairi has a keyblade. Who knows, maybe she'll be taking the MOM's too (lol joke :lol: ).

King Mickey- King Mickey, the King of Disney Castle, will definatley be involved in Kingdom Hearts 3D:Dream Drop Distance. King Mickey is a Keyblade wielder as you all know, and he can help Sora and Riku on their journey. Mickey can even be a playable character if the developers wanted too. King Mickey will have a major involvement in this game just like Sora and Riku.

Ansem and Xemnas- Ansem and Xemnas both were shown in the trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. Even though they've been shattered and obliterated into oblivion, the rebirth of Xehanort could have something to do with it. Who knows, maybe the new Xehanort will try to manipulate Riku's mind to turn against Sora.

That's all I can think of for now.

Besides the inner circle's inner circle of main characters I think we can imagine some others who may not be as likely to have as big of a role.

First off: Maleficent. By now, we have all become tired of her new role with pete. While I think she will hold a bigger role in kh3 and bbsv2, her appearence and meaning to do bad in this game is inevitable. Likely, as with other games she will serve as the misleading villain (main villain in kh1 almost throughout the whole game; shifts conflict in coded from the message to "getting out of here"; in kh2 she maintains influence on a lot of the disney worlds; early bbs trailers had a lot of emphasis on her.) until xehanort shows up and out villains her in every way possible.

Then there's Kairi. I'm sorry, but despite being part of the #! main trio, in the series, she hasn't been used as a character as well as she could have been and thus has been subject to a lot of hate. This is the game that Sora and Riku will become keyblade masters and here Kairi is with the ability to wield... *thinks: I wonder what ever they could do with her* I have an Idea!!! This could be the game where she begins to wield!!! I don't know about you, but it beats her being kidnapped or uses Princess of Light powers that would be more out of nowhere than a chicken appearing in space between two star wars war ships. To all those who think Kairi shouldn't wield a keyblade because she is a girl who has already been a princess peach: you can go to heck.

Now for the final fantasy characters. Assuming Radiant Garden will have a larger role in this game, we will have the original ff gang to look forward to, and likely some new characters which could honestly be anything from pixies to a complete maniacical silver-haired lunatic wielding a six foot long sword with the intent of killing you for a key! Nomura also has stated/implied that ff characters would return in a future game with a greater role than bbs and days. With all of that said I think about the only thing we can do now is recognize the varying roles the ff characters could play and think of the pool of characters they have to choose from, despite its favoritism to ff7. Let's move on to some other final fantasys huh.

Returning members of the organization could return anytime Nomura wants and that could easily be this game. At this time I am going to say only the original six and Axel and Saix have a chance of returning. Having hearts once again, Braig seems like the only one to continue with xehanort and the other five will probably feel remorse for their betrayal unless the darkness continues to taint their heart or if the returning somebodies have a connection to the new enemy (symbols); either way, their is sure to be an interesting conclusion. Lea and Isa's relationship is what truly intrigue's me. Note that Saix's eyes were yellow unlike the other member's, he was Xemnas' right hand man and like Braig I feel he may still be on the dark side. Also it was just that he wanted a heart, and in his last moments he asks "kingdom hearts, where is my heart?" In the case of his rebirth, while finally away from his motivation from xemnas of acquiring a heart, I feel like he sold his soul to xehanort and will take a role similar to Snape in harry potter (I only watched the movies so don't criticize too specifically about it).

Like every other game- a new xehanort will appear, except this time it will be two. Yen Sid implied that there would be more than one xehanort when he said "but would a single one of you suffice if what you fought was not a single one of him" (they also have never defeated a single xehanort alone in the first place lol). His, or well their appearance, or the second xehanorts appearence will likely be in the latter half of the game. Maybe this is even the mysterious figure which we are so curious about.

Those in torment are sure to appear, but I think we all know that. If you recall in coded, Namine said that "one day, sora will have to call these memories to the surface"- the tormented memories that sleep within him. In dreams we may see memories, and for Sora, this may mean those in torment; for Riku, this may mean the bit of Terra that is in him. I still believe that kh3 will deal much more primarily with those in pain, but this will be one of the ways that kh3 will be set up.

I think that more or less covers the gray areas of characters and their roles. It will be interesting to see how the game will turn out in reality.

To be completely honest, the Worlds section is about 90 - 95% complete. Only a few sections are left to be completed. And some have bad grammar and spelling that will hopefully be fixed soon.

Sora, check it out again; Twilight Town's CoM and the final battle in Destiny Islands were made. Only needs to finish Space Paranoids and some minor things like finish a section that is incomplete and expand Olympus Coliseum, after that, our goal is to make the characters, as DC said.

And my reply --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sora- Of course he will be on his game. He'll be a major character, as usual. As we know, in part of it, he'll be participating in the Mark of Mastery Exam with his best friend, Riku. He'll be a playable character and will have half of the game for him. I believe he'll fight Xemnas or Ansem near the end of the exam. Even though some people think that he'll be facing Riku. He'll be visiting new worlds, defeating heartless and restore the peace to them. It's almost 100% sure that he'll pass in the exam. However, if he fails, that could be the perfect shocking end. I think that in this game, he'll save Aqua.. And she'll probably find Ven and with some strange process, maybe like Sora stabbing himself in KH, Ventus'll get his heart back. I think that there'll be only those two who'll be saved in this one.

Riku- As Sora, he'll hold half of the scenario in this game. Being a major character, he'll have a great role in this game, that's for sure. He'll also be participating in the Mark of Mastery Exam, and if he fails, maybe his darkness will raise over again. That would be other possibility to the shocking end. He might be visiting worlds and defeating heartless, just like Sora. Playing as him might be fun, since he can use both darkness and light.

Yen Sid- For the first time in the series, he'll probably have a great role since he's the one who will be responsible for the Mark of Mastery Exam. He may explain everything to Sora and Riku. I wonder what condition will they need to clear to become Masters.. A crazy idea just came into my mind.. Imagine if he makes a lot of missions and the player needs to complete the conditions.. And when they got a certain amount of points.. That'd be cool ;D But a game like 358/2, please No! Those missions were too boring.. But yeah, I hope to see him in most of the cut scenes doing a lot of things. Maybe he'll have a role almost too big as Sora's.. but that's hard to say. But I'm sure that he'll be in there..

Mickey - He'll be there at Yen Sid's side.. But I wonder..Will he be able to help Sora and/or Riku? I, myself, think the answer is "no".. Maybe he'll be like Master Xehanort, I mean.. Maybe he'll only help Yen Sid on doing the Mark.. Or maybe he'll just watch everything.. Mickey's role is hard to determinate since we didn't see him in any scene.. So, yeah.. He'll probably appear, but his role is not yet discovered..

Kairi- I imagine two possibilities for her.

1st- Maybe she'll only appear in the beginning and in the ending when they return to the Destiny Islands.

2st-Maybe she'll go with them, but just to watch.. (Sincerely, I think the 1st is more possible than this one but...)

Some New Disney Characters - In this game, I find it hard to have a party like in KH2 or KH1, but I do think that they might have another role.. maybe just D-Links? Because since we'll change between Sora and Riku, I don't see how they could make a party to help us..

Ansem and Xemnas- Those two will be in the game. But the question is; Are they real? Because, if everything is a dream and they're inside some dream world, they might be just illusions created by Yen Sid, to test their strength. There's another option, as some have said, maybe Sora will see Riku as Xemnas and Riku will see Sora as Ansem.. It's really hard to determinate in where these two will enter.. But yeah, I think that the first question on them will find its answer with new trailers or interviews.

Xehanort- He'll probably appear in this game, but I think it'll be just near the end or in it. I think he'll just reveal a part of his plans and we will find an answer for the sentence "What if Xehanort isn't alone?". So, I believe he won't have a great role in this game, but only appear in cut scenes...

Wow.. This took me a lot of time to think >8D If my crazy head says any more character, I'll be sure to update here! :D Hope you've enjoyed!

So, does anyone remember there was a Kairi model found in Birth by Sleep Final Mix? She, along with Sora and Riku, were supposed to be in some demo for 3D. Could that mean she'll be more than a spectator in the game? Do you think they would have had her in the demo if she were just there to see Sora and Riku off? I really hope Kairi's in more cutscenes in the game, but at least this proves she'll be in it.

But what do you guys think? Do you think having planned for her to be in the demo means she'll be more important?

LOL that dosen't make any sense.

uh ya. it does. since xehanorts heartless and nobody were defeated, yen sid said that the two halves would retturn to the whole, so why wouldnt that be true for everyone elses in org.13

about characters,sora,riku,mickey,yensid,donald,goofy,ansem SoD,xemnas and possibly terranort/apprentice xehanort and master xehanort will appear.

traverse townies plus moogles will appear.

and also hunchback of notre dame characters,such as quasimodo,esmeralda and frollo.

For worlds,we already know,destiny islands,traverse town and hunchback of notre dames world (possibly called notre dame.) possibly mysterious towers and hollow bastion / radiant garden will appear.

I hope we finally see jungle book world and its characters.

cause game is connected to bbs and days,i think we will see aqua,terra,ven,roxas,xion,axel and namine somehow.

someones think organisation somebodies like lea and mysterious figure is are coming in this game.

i also hope for new home based world (like traverse town was in kh1,CO in CoM, land of departure in bbs,world that never was in days,disney castle in coded and hollow bastion in kh2).

i also think aqua is saved in this game and terra is separated from xehaort.

There should be a world based on The Jungle Book called "Mystic Jungle", one based on Batman called "Gotham City", one based on The Last Airbender called "Land of the Benders", one based on Harry Potter called "Hogwarts of London", one based on Tron:Evolution called "The Grid", one based on Star Wars called "A galaxy far, far away...", & another based on Indiana Jones called "Land of Archaeology". Also, Anakin should have a mysterious connection to Sora: Also, Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Terra & Aqua should be unlockable playable characters. They should also bring back the Shotlocks, Drive Forms, D-links, & the MP gauge, & they should also take something from Dissidia Final Fantasy: The ex-modes & ex-bursts! They should also introduce More Final Fantasy Characters, like Lightning, Laguna, Kain, Genesis, Angeal, Reno, Rude, Tseng, Elena, Cissnei, Rinoa, & Jecht!

Please, tell me what you think of this comment soon, because, since I'm kinda new, I'm always the last one to comment on something!

uh ya. it does. since xehanorts heartless and nobody were defeated, yen sid said that the two halves would retturn to the whole, so why wouldnt that be true for everyone elses in org.13

When I said that I was talking about his grammar and spelling. And becasue of that, his post didn't make sense and I couldn't understand what he was saying. Apparently the two of you must speak the same language.

There should be a world based on The Jungle Book called "Mystic Jungle", one based on Batman called "Gotham City", one based on The Last Airbender called "Land of the Benders", one based on Harry Potter called "Hogwarts of London", one based on Tron:Evolution called "The Grid", one based on Star Wars called "A galaxy far, far away...", & another based on Indiana Jones called "Land of Archaeology". Also, Anakin should have a mysterious connection to Sora: Also, Riku, Kairi, Ventus, Terra & Aqua should be unlockable playable characters. They should also bring back the Shotlocks, Drive Forms, D-links, & the MP gauge, & they should also take something from Dissidia Final Fantasy: The ex-modes & ex-bursts! They should also introduce More Final Fantasy Characters, like Lightning, Laguna, Kain, Genesis, Angeal, Reno, Rude, Tseng, Elena, Cissnei, Rinoa, & Jecht!

Please, tell me what you think of this comment soon, because, since I'm kinda new, I'm always the last one to comment on something!

You are aware that kh is only Disney right? There is a possibility of worlds like toy story to appear because pixar is owned by Disney and the pixar movies have become more so the new classics of Disney. I suppose all the ff characters you mentioned are plausible with the exception of Reno who was the base of design for Axel.

Truthfully i think ether Organiozation 13 might appear and split as villains for both sora and Riku

Sora fights: Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix, Marluxia, demyx, Axel and Luxord

Riku fights: Zexion, lexeaus, Vexen, Xaldin, Larxene

or sora might just fight the nobodies and Organization 13 seeing as they were the main driving force for sora in all kh games except kh1. while Riku fights Ansem and the heartless versions of Organization 13... all considering that this is a dream based game

as for the worlds i would like to see hunchback, cars would be cool, tarzan ... again.

i would like to see power rangers but Disney lost the rights to rangers, it is possible they can throw marvel in their but i strongly doubt it

I think all org.xiii's somebodies are coming back and are going to help sora, for technically giving their eharts back. ^^

senmse dream drop distance is a dream based world they all might come back as heartless and nobodies

i doubt that org 13 will help sore even if they were somebodies

maybe, Axel/Lea, Saix/Isa, Demyx, Vexen, Zexion and lexeaus but the rest were pure evil and would never help sora