Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Amon

Why the 1950s were America's best decade

Reasons why the 50s were the best decade for America.

1. The music was great, early rock, high point of jazz, swing, blues, etc.

2. Casual by 50s standards is formal by todays standards. In short people didn't dress like the homeless, intentionally of course.

3. Even gangsters had style. Leather jackets for the lesser gangs and in the case of the mafia, business suits. Best part was gang crime was something to worry about. These gangsters had money, there is is reason why current gangs dress like crap, they can't afford anything better. Oh and gang crimes weren't about "that dick stole my hoe" no they were the serious stuff, the kind of things people actually fight wars over.

4. Speaking of war, this was the atomic age! You could go to hotels and watch atomic bombs go off! Go on youtube and look at any nuclear explosion, after watching a few you would hope that you would get to see these (from a safe distance) any day!

5. The cold war was also prominent, daily reports about the communist scum united the country.

6. Huge technological breakthrough! Widespread use of televisions! Many home appliances that are considered a necessity today were produced in the 50s. Early computers got their start. They were big and cumbersome and and you're cell phone probably has more computing power than 200 of them but nonetheless they were still computers!

7. Television was epic! A good chunk of all the classic television shows have 50s roots like the Flintstones and the Jetsons and of course the Twilight Zone.

8. First highways were constructed.

9. Aircraft to transport civilians started to become practical.

10. The economy was good. Stocks were up, gas prices were low, there were few homeless, everyone lived in large country estates, suburbs, or pricey city apartments.

the flintstones are 60's not 50's and same with jetsons but there some great shows.Movies had great directors like Alfred Hitchcock.I would agree the 50's were one of best decade to live in.The music was best in american history.

the flintstones are 60's not 50's and same with jetsons but there some great shows.Movies had great directors like Alfred Hitchcock.I would agree the 50's were one of best decade to live in.The music was best in american history.

I think certain people who lived in the 50's would disagree seeing as though everyone wasn't equal.

Reasons why the 50s were the best decade for America.

1. The music was great, early rock, high point of jazz, swing, blues, etc.

To heck with these! Where's muh rap, fool?!

2. Casual by 50s standards is formal by todays standards. In short people didn't dress like the homeless, intentionally of course.

You forgot the apostrophe in "today's"! And dressing like the homeless is ill, son! Hip and cool to da max!

3. Even gangsters had style. Leather jackets for the lesser gangs and in the case of the mafia, business suits. Best part was gang crime was something to worry about. These gangsters had money, there is is reason why current gangs dress like crap, they can't afford anything better. Oh and gang crimes weren't about "that dick stole my hoe" no they were the serious stuff, the kind of things people actually fight wars over.

Shoot, who cares about that serious stuff?! I'd rather get high with muh hoe than go shoot someone's head off!

4. Speaking of war, this was the atomic age! You could go to hotels and watch atomic bombs go off! Go on youtube and look at any nuclear explosion, after watching a few you would hope that you would get to see these (from a safe distance) any day!

People those days were too advanced with their explosions! What's wrong with good ol' T&T?!

5. The cold war was also prominent, daily reports about the communist scum united the country.

I like communist countries! China FTW!

6. Huge technological breakthrough! Widespread use of televisions! Many home appliances that are considered a necessity today were produced in the 50s. Early computers got their start. They were big and cumbersome and and you're cell phone probably has more computing power than 200 of them but nonetheless they were still computers!

TVs were nothin' but black and white trash back then, computers were blocky globs of crud. Need I go on?

7. Television was epic! A good chunk of all the classic television shows have 50s roots like the Flintstones and the Jetsons and of course the Twilight Zone.

The Flintstones & Jetsons are 60s, man! Six-freakin-tys!

8. First highways were constructed.

I'm a sailor!

9. Aircraft to transport civilians started to become practical.

Followed by subsequent plane crashes and explosions.

10. The economy was good. Stocks were up, gas prices were low, there were few homeless, everyone lived in large country estates, suburbs, or pricey city apartments.

WUT?! Then how come my pappy got stuck with a danged condo?! I demand satisfaction!

----

This comment was not representative of J. Severe's true views and was just an attempt to be humorous.

I think certain people who lived in the 50's would disagree seeing as though everyone wasn't equal.

Everyone isn't equal today and everyone will never be equal.

Aside from the segregation issues, yes, it was a cool decade.

This information is really useful for me, thanks @Fredfredbug4

No problem.

Sign in to follow this