Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Space Cowboy

Vanitas' Backstory revealed

Wow. I actually called some of that. I knew he was capable of feeling happy, he just had a really hard time with it. Furthermore... this increases my worries about Xehanort having a crazy!evil light side to lead the next arc of the games. Major do not want. Pressing poor Vanitas towards ideas of salvation like that but treating him like shit at the same time. Evil! Evil!

so it must be because of how Vanitus ended up looking like sora because of soras new born heart helping ven from fading away that vanitus also gained soras appearence instead of the unversed appreance it must be the same for roxas and ven so this explains two things really

Now I want Sora to save Vanitas as well. Maybe he'll never go out of Ventus again but he'll surely be inside of Ventus somewhere deep inside him, just like Roxas and Xion inside of Sora. He needs some friends and I think we'll see this later.

Now that you think of it, Can't Sora save Vanitas with Ventus, only he'll be "good" this time, without having to obey Xehanort, maybe he can join with Ventus. That was he'll be happy again.

Although, I feel like if that's to happen, then the Nobodies might have to be saved. Although I highly doubt it and that makes no sense what-so-ever.

I hope Vanitas comes back!

This probably won't bring him back because of this, only because the novels aren't fully canon to the actual games.

Agreed. But it does suggest interesting plot possibilities for the future.

Okay, I'm buying the 3rd volume xD I want to read how it happened instead of just a summary. And now I won't be able to kill an unversed without thinking of what it does to Vanitas.

Okay, I'm buying the 3rd volume xD I want to read how it happened instead of just a summary. And now I won't be able to kill an unversed without thinking of what it does to Vanitas.

When your done, give us a word on how it was.

I thought he was pure evil, but in the end, he's just like every other good villain: mistreated and wishing for something more. Damn Xehanort for being too heartless (lol) and mistreating that kid.

I forsee Vanitas returning in KH3. Maybe Sora can end his suffering as well.

A lot of this makes sense in terms of what the darkness is. Darkness just wants light, but when it comes to getting the light all it wants is to destroy it.

Now I want Sora to save Vanitas as well. Maybe he'll never go out of Ventus again but he'll surely be inside of Ventus somewhere deep inside him, just like Roxas and Xion inside of Sora. He needs some friends and I think we'll see this later.

Now that you think of it, Can't Sora save Vanitas with Ventus, only he'll be "good" this time, without having to obey Xehanort, maybe he can join with Ventus. That was he'll be happy again.

Although, I feel like if that's to happen, then the Nobodies might have to be saved. Although I highly doubt it and that makes no sense what-so-ever.

I hope Vanitas comes back!

This is an interesting idea. The delicate thing is that for Vanitas to be saved he should at least be able to understand friendship and have attributes that you need light to do such as laugh and other stuff, but he still needs to be "Vanitas," that heartless dark being. Vanitas is doomed to etternal suffering as the dark hearted being; he will always be jealous of Ventus and his friends, and never be able to have them; he will always be a callous shell from this torment and never be that on the inside. In other words: by deffinition of what he is, he can't be anything more. If some form of him does return in a future instalment and this idea is explored of his suffering, I think his ultimate ending could be to return to Ventus and much like Roxas going back to Sora (and having a snse of fulfiment from Sokai and Roxime, wrong I know) Vanitas could finally experience friendship that he was yearning all that time.

This probably won't bring him back because of this, only because the novels aren't fully canon to the actual games.

I heard that the novels are to be taken as cannon unless otherwise contradicted and I also heard that the kh2 novels revealed things that were used in fm and nomura interviews. Aside from that I would expect Vanitas to return regardless.

WHy was this never shown in the game? I thought Vantias was purely evil because he didn't have any light in his heart. This is why novels are useful, they contain interesting facts and details. It is a bit sad and MX made him evil, I thought he was simply evil from the start.

So I actually had a lot of this figured out. I knew that Vanitas could feel positive emotions; he would covet what Ven had, and want it for himself. Love can be a “Dark” emotion because it’s driven man to do awful things. I also knew that Vanitas had been a victim himself.

That, however, did not prepare me for this. It’s so sad! When you think about it, it was Vanitas and not Ventus that got the brute of if all. Vanitas’ story is far more depressing, and he had to remember everything too.

I always wondered about Ven’s personality in comparison to Sora’s. Glad we learned the truth (and that Ven was an orphan). I’d very much like to see what Ven’s like apart from Sora.

Personally, I’ve always wanted Vanitas to be rescued. I liked the idea of him being good, but people not necessarily knowing it. Kind of like Severus Snape; you never knew what to think about him. I think that would add some good concepts to KH.

Then again, if rescued, would Vanitas really be that bad? If he hadn’t had to become Dark by necessity, he would have been quite similar to Ven.

Anyway, I really want Vanitas to come back. It’d be unfair not to rescue him after all he’s been through. And his Lingering Spirit is Canon.

And may I point out that he and Ven never rejoined like he wanted. He was simply destroyed, and Ven’s heart was fractured again. I don’t think Nomura will leave that loose end. At the very least, Vanitas will return to Ventus.

I cried soo hard in class reading this. Poor Vanitas needs a hug -hugs Vanitas- thats soo sad i cant believe that MX what a deouche!! Square Enix should seriously like sell the books in the US cause this was like wowzaz!