Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
xxClouDxxmoon

Final Fantasy XIII

I have FF XIII and I'll be honest, I got bored with it pretty quickly. The leveling system sucks in my oppinion and I'm not a fan of the padigrim system either(changing a padigrim lets you change the character's abilities to better fit the battle or situation just in case you don't know) I did like the voice acting(what I heard of it) it's not like some animes where it just hurts to look at a character and hear them speak, it's very well done and everything fits...and the design looks decent to say the least, but that's about it for what I can say that I liked. I guess I spoiled myself with the KH battle style(which is why I'm going to buy Verses XII when it comes out) but it just seemed to take forever. I would go on youtube or some fan site and just watch the voiced cutscenes just to save money. I cant say the game was bad, I played a good five hours at least but I also run around alot looking for junk, so that translates into about two hours. I am, however going to get XIII-2 just cause I'm a fan boy that'll buy almost anything that Square-Enix puts out there(I go as far as saying that KH Re: COM's battle system is innovative and that I like it) But I just could never get too into the game without thinking..."WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the first Final Fantasy game I buy and it's this piece!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll give it a few more shots but if it just stays like this then I'm out." I was completely underwelmed and it angered me intensely. I knew Final Fantasy games had a sort of inverted turn-based battle system(you can run around as their attacking in an attamept to dodge but there's still the lag after choosing your attack or magic and you can't attack while the enemy is), if not a traditional one(standing in place, hoping that your attack kills them before they kill you.)

All in all, I have to say pass and buy Verses XIII when it comes out. For two reasons, 1) it's in the same universe as XIII so by extension you're playing XIII. 2)The battle system will be the same if not intensely similar to that of Kingdom Hearts.

Hope this helps.

You should get it.It gives you good experience.The gameplay is good.It can be boring at times....but its a good game trust me for someone who has actually finished the story mode.

tutti frutti. My opinion more so agrees with KeyOfVentus and MarluXia777. I got bored with FFXIII really fast. A good chunk of the game, which felt like more than half the game to me, was one giant tutorial. As soon as you feel like you have the tutorial done, you're hit with something that could have been useful at an earlier point of the game. The paradigm didn't really appeal to me. If you played any rpg, let along a FF game, you kind of have that instinct to heal when your health is low, though when you use the paradigm to "heal," per say, you're still getting wailed on and could lose a character, if not your main healer. You can't change characters until roughly the last 5 hours of the game, even at points where you 4 or more character at some points of the game. Unlike most rpg's you can't explore the environment. For this example I'm going to use FFXII. With FFXII, you can travel where you want to until you fell the need to carry on with the story, or do something you feel is important. But FFXIII, you're pretty much travel an endless hospital hallway, similar to the scene in the second Matrix movie.

In my opinion, the graphics, music, voice acting and story were great. But the gameplay can be frustrating. Especially since if your main character gets ko'd even if the two support characters are topped off at 100% (which this always results in a game over, which to me is VERY frustrating since you aren't given the chance to comeback when this happens)

I suggest youtubing FFXIII and watch some of the gameplay first to get an idea of the game, and if you're dead set on getting the game, get a used copy from gamestop to see how you like it. Unless you're a die hard fan of the series, despite how the game is, like KeyOfVentus and myself, then getting a new game is no worries.

I have FF XIII and I'll be honest, I got bored with it pretty quickly. The leveling system sucks in my oppinion and I'm not a fan of the padigrim system either(changing a padigrim lets you change the character's abilities to better fit the battle or situation just in case you don't know) I did like the voice acting(what I heard of it) it's not like some animes where it just hurts to look at a character and hear them speak, it's very well done and everything fits...and the design looks decent to say the least, but that's about it for what I can say that I liked. I guess I spoiled myself with the KH battle style(which is why I'm going to buy Verses XII when it comes out) but it just seemed to take forever. I would go on youtube or some fan site and just watch the voiced cutscenes just to save money. I cant say the game was bad, I played a good five hours at least but I also run around alot looking for junk, so that translates into about two hours. I am, however going to get XIII-2 just cause I'm a fan boy that'll buy almost anything that Square-Enix puts out there(I go as far as saying that KH Re: COM's battle system is innovative and that I like it) But I just could never get too into the game without thinking..."WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the first Final Fantasy game I buy and it's this piece!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll give it a few more shots but if it just stays like this then I'm out." I was completely underwelmed and it angered me intensely. I knew Final Fantasy games had a sort of inverted turn-based battle system(you can run around as their attacking in an attamept to dodge but there's still the lag after choosing your attack or magic and you can't attack while the enemy is), if not a traditional one(standing in place, hoping that your attack kills them before they kill you.)

All in all, I have to say pass and buy Verses XIII when it comes out. For two reasons, 1) it's in the same universe as XIII so by extension you're playing XIII. 2)The battle system will be the same if not intensely similar to that of Kingdom Hearts.

Hope this helps.

the battle system on it i agree looks crappy, and i am also looking very forward to FFvsXIII. If you read Tetsuya's speeches, vsXIII is actually the same battle system as KH, but just more life-like. Im also looking really forward to it because its much darker then KH, and what they think is "the most darkest game in the whole Final Fantasy series"

In the end i think i will probably just watch some videos of the game to make my choice. If i do decide to get it, im not gonna go outa my way to buy it.

I think the game more so interests me because of it being in the same world as vsXIII, and the upcoming FFXIII-2, so i kinda makes me feel like i have to play all of the XIII's.

I think im gonna start referring FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and FFvsXIII all together as "Organization 13". Like if you like the name xD

the battle system on it i agree looks crappy, and i am also looking very forward to FFvsXIII. If you read Tetsuya's speeches, vsXIII is actually the same battle system as KH, but just more life-like. Im also looking really forward to it because its much darker then KH, and what they think is "the most darkest game in the whole Final Fantasy series"

Right, done right it'll be awesome. Sorta like the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz, he has another series called The Power Of Five(Europe)/The Gatekeepers(US) and it's so much darker. I enjoyed it purely cause of that. The story and characters were good too, but the lighter tone of Stormbreaker(alex rider book 1) compaired to the darker tone of Raven's Gate(Power of five/Gatekeepers book 1) was amazing. That's my basis for my intrest in this game. Plus when the main character has a name like Noctus(I think that's how it's spelled) that's kick-ass and I like it.

Personally I say get it.Ok not gonna lie it has a really slow start but it'll pick up.After the abomination that was twelve(not to hate on 12 lovers or anything but it was just that bad to me.) 13 honestly got to practically first place on my list(tied with http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smiley-cool.png the characters had feelings and everything and it was'nt just oh we need to go stop this guy each person had their own agenda and while some abandoned theirs some of their goals just tied into the story.Honestly 13 was'nt a bad final fantasy.If you want a bad one play FFX-2(again no offense).hope it helps pal

Final fantasy 13 was the first final fantasy game I played, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've put a good 125 hours into the game. I've gone back and played other final fantasy games (7 and 10) and couldn't finish them, the battle system bored me and finding out what to do was frustrating.

I liked the linearity because I knew what I was doing, but most hardcore final fantasy fans probably didn't.

Final fantasy 13 was the first final fantasy game I played, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've put a good 125 hours into the game. I've gone back and played other final fantasy games (7 and 10) and couldn't finish them, the battle system bored me and finding out what to do was frustrating.

I liked the linearity because I knew what I was doing, but most hardcore final fantasy fans probably didn't.

see thats exactly my point, Square Enix is trying to "evolve" the series, but thats what the hardcore fans loved the most, that FF wasnt like other games. And thats why many people thought by changing FF, they have changed people's feelings towards it.

FFX, absolutely changed my life. It was that epic of a game. Yet people dont seem to be able to see it.

FFXIII is where I learned that I hate turn-based fighting systems. "I should attack but I'll wait a bit and make sure my enemy gets a chance to claw my face of first." Nope, action battle system for me please. But I would recommend Dissidia if you have a PSP and waiting for Versus. Though Dissidia's story is a bit confusing if you're not familiar with the series, it's fun to play. But if you like turn-based system, then don't listen to me xD

Well, FF13 was the crap of the series all together. But I liked the Storyline and the Gameplay. I played it only for that. They ridiculously overpowered the bosses so that we die about 400 times before we actually figure out another attempt to beat it. Then they make everything firetruckin' hard. I mean, you try to escape, but you're surrounded by 15 overpowered enemies, you forgot to save, and you're now faced with certain death. People say FF12 sucked, too, but that was because it focused more on the characters. So what? The FF series needed a a game like that. They didn't ridiculously overpower everything. And FFX is what seriously made them billionaires. The game flew off the shelves because it had jumped graphic-wise and gameplay-wise.

Turn based battle systems are okay, but really, I'm going to sit here and wait for these ridiculously overpowered enemies maul me to pieces. The need action-based games. :/

FFXIII is where I learned that I hate turn-based fighting systems. "I should attack but I'll wait a bit and make sure my enemy gets a chance to claw my face of first." Nope, action battle system for me please. But I would recommend Dissidia if you have a PSP and waiting for Versus. Though Dissidia's story is a bit confusing if you're not familiar with the series, it's fun to play. But if you like turn-based system, then don't listen to me xD

Really? Final Fantasy XIII? The game where everybody runs around, at least looking like they're doing something? Not, say, any Final Fantasy game from X or below? The ones where everybody stands in a row waiting for their turn?

Really? Final Fantasy XIII? The game where everybody runs around, at least looking like they're doing something? Not, say, any Final Fantasy game from X or below? The ones where everybody stands in a row waiting for their turn?

Because it's the first main FF game I bought. My FF loving friend has been bugging me to get FFVII forever but I have no motivation to play it. But it doesn't matter if I can dodge roll while I wait, I like to rush enemies with attacks. It gets my frustrations with life out... It's more fun that way...

As you said Square Enix is slowly killing the serie,Since FFXI I dont know why but the serie is SO different,you dont have this feeling of being in FF anymore with these new gameplay and all,but FFXIII is not a bad game to me,its just different(VERY different),its strange,we cant explore like we used to in FF 1 to 9 and that's really strange for a Final Fantasy to be linear (FFX is linear,but he didn't lost the FF magic,it was as good as the others before him) and your allies being computers,when I saw this I was like :blink:.There are so many strange things to say about FFXIII and I didn't even beat the game yet,but like I said before FFXIII is not a bad game,with a story like that you see that Square didn't lost his magic for create a FF story. Well about buying the game is hard to say because is a good game but its so different and you said you are a big fan of FF so I suppose you tried 1 to 10 (or most of them),you probably wron't like it as the others,but its worth to try.

As you said Square Enix is slowly killing the serie,Since FFXI I dont know why but the serie is SO different,you dont have this feeling of being in FF anymore with these new gameplay and all,but FFXIII is not a bad game to me,its just different(VERY different),its strange,we cant explore like we used to in FF 1 to 9 and that's really strange for a Final Fantasy to be linear (FFX is linear,but he didn't lost the FF magic,it was as good as the others before him) and your allies being computers,when I saw this I was like :blink:.There are so many strange things to say about FFXIII and I didn't even beat the game yet,but like I said before FFXIII is not a bad game,with a story like that you see that Square didn't lost his magic for create a FF story. Well about buying the game is hard to say because is a good game but its so different and you said you are a big fan of FF so I suppose you tried 1 to 10 (or most of them),you probably wron't like it as the others,but its worth to try.

After Final Fantasy X, all FF games were made by Square Enix, not Squaresoft. There's your explanation.

But I'm kinda getting a vibe from the average person in this thread.

That vibe says that nobody played past chapter 10.

See, that's XIII's problem. The first 10 chapters are basically a mildly interactive plot exposition. Then, suddenly, the plot pretty much drops off a cliff, and you get a massive area to explore. I have no idea WHY Square Enix decided to put ALL the exploration in one area. But I do know why they were so limited. You can NEVER return to these areas you explore. It wouldn't exactly be fair to put a bunch of misseable stuff in what are essentially levels.

trust me i am waiting for versus!!

but sadly i dont have a PSP, and i actually wanna play Dissidia, and it kills me that i havnt even gotten to play BBS yet!!!