Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Koko

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

I think the "friendzone" is an excuse, in most cases.  

What the hell is the "friendzone" anyway? Some guy complaining about getting dumped for a non-malicious reason, or...?

What the hell is the "friendzone" anyway? Some guy complaining about getting dumped for a non-malicious reason, or...?

The friend zone is when you're a guy, who's friends with a girl, and you like that girl, but she doesn't consider you as being anything more then a friend. Either because she doesn't realize how much the guy likes her, or because she's with someone else or etcetera. That alone as an explanation for the friend zone is fine, it's basically an unobtainable crush... but what a lot of people consider the friend zone is when they think they're Gods gift to the world, and that they're perfect for the girl but they can't get her because "nice guys finish last".

Sonic has about as much in common with a Hedgehog as I have with a stick.

Seriously, if I had never heard of Sonic before, and you presented his character design to me, and asked me what kind of animal he's meant to be... I would never in a million years go to Hedgehogs.

Which, speaking of which, how the hell did they get to Hedgehogs when coming up with the character? What is it about hedgehogs that evokes speed? Nothing. The answer is nothing about hedgehogs evokes speed. It's stupid.

Hedgehog:

Posted Image

Sonic:

Posted Image

Uncanny resemblance, for sure.

Edited by Shana09

The friend zone is when you're a guy, who's friends with a girl, and you like that girl, but she doesn't consider you as being anything more then a friend. Either because she doesn't realize how much the guy likes her, or because she's with someone else or etcetera. That alone as an explanation for the friend zone is fine, it's basically an unobtainable crush... but what a lot of people consider the friend zone is when they think they're Gods gift to the world, and that they're perfect for the girl but they can't get her because "nice guys finish last".

Girls can be friend zoned too. 

It really depends on what they are covering, sometimes I don't like their covers like what they had done with "Applause" recently. 

Of course some of Glee songs aren't good. I hated 'Red Solo Cup' and 'Poker Face', but I love a lot of the other songs they sung. For example, I would have never been able to listen to 'We Are Young' (Glee makes a lot of songs famous). My absolute favorite now is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_WyZtjDlFA

I never liked Katy Perry, but I love this song now. 

Of course some of Glee songs aren't good. I hated 'Red Solo Cup' and 'Poker Face', but I love a lot of the other songs they sung. For example, I would have never been able to listen to 'We Are Young' (Glee makes a lot of songs famous). My absolute favorite now is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_WyZtjDlFA

I never liked Katy Perry, but I love this song now. 

I really liked that one from that episode, it sounded the best. I love "If I was a Boy" in that episode the most though. 

i really love school 

like there's absolutely nothing i dislike. i love the teachers and the kids and the classes and like everything. 

I think this really depends who you have in your school.

In my old High School I absolutely loved school but this year I don't like it that much.

I think this really depends who you have in your school.

In my old High School I absolutely loved school but this year I don't like it that much.

yeah, how cool/shitty school is has more to do with the people around you than yourself 

public high school was hell for me, but my school now is like amazing 

the lesson is invest in private school for your kids they will probs be happier 

also i'm sorry shananagens i hope school gets better for you<333

yeah, how cool/shitty school is has more to do with the people around you than yourself 

Mines like the exact opposite.

Public High school was so amazing, since everyone was different from me and I got to know more different people and they were incredibly fun. The entire class was like a big family and the teachers were amazing. My most favourite was my English teacher.

Private High school, which is the one I am in, is sometimes boring and not that great. I mean the teachers are terrible, and I can't quickly get to know the kids like I can easily get to know and become good friends with the kids in my old school.

I got to know the kids in Public within a week. It has thousands and thousands of people in the school!

I got to know 65% of the kids in Private within these past 3 months. Its a small school too! 

Mines like the exact opposite.

Public High school was so amazing, since everyone was different from me and I got to know more different people and they were incredibly fun. The entire class was like a big family and the teachers were amazing. My most favourite was my English teacher.

Private High school, which is the one I am in, is sometimes boring and not that great. I mean the teachers are terrible, and I can't quickly get to know the kids like I can easily get to know and become good friends with the kids in my old school.

I got to know the kids in Public within a week. It has thousands and thousands of people in the school!

I got to know 65% of the kids in Private within these past 3 months. Its a small school too! 

maybe i should have gone to your public school, dang 

mine was the cliche tv shitty high school--everyone was mean and all my teachers were awful. like half the people who insulted me i didn't even know?? just random people in the hall saying "you're ugly" "you look stupid" etc and it was just really terrible for me.

i go to lsg now, which is like 900x better for me. there's like 40 kids in the high school who i adore and i love the teachers. 

revised lesson: don't send your child to public school if you live in virginia 

I was in Private School until High School. I went to Public School when I became a freshman and personally, I loved it way more then I did private school.

For one, NO UNIFORMS!

Made everything so much better.

I was in Private School until High School. I went to Public School when I became a freshman and personally, I loved it way more then I did private school.

For one, NO UNIFORMS!

Made everything so much better.

depends where you go i guess 

we don't have uniforms at my school and the advanced curriculum is a lot more suited to me 

idk i still absolutely love my school 

It honestly makes me sad when people belittle others for "wasting their time" playing video games when they could at least read a book instead... I mean really, video games are perfectly capable of having deep story-telling. Heck, playing through an RPG, you might end up experiencing more than a book's worth of plot, more like two or three (and then take into account that many RPGs themselves have sequels, etc.) And really, you end up having to read a fair amount while playing games. Its almost as if the general populace (or rather, non-gaming population?) think all games have the depth of Call of Duty or Angry Birds. Yes, those so called "mindless games" are the "popular" ones, but people don't even seem to know that RPG, Puzzle, and Visual Novel (and I'm sure others as well) are genres.

Its honestly to the point where I almost feel uncomfortable talking about my interests (games/manga/anime/tv shows) because they aren't respected as "worthy of someone's time". I do not see the difference between reading a book, reading a comic/manga, playing a game, or watching an anime/movie/tv show. All of them are done for entertainment, time wasting purposes. All of them have good and bad examples. There are just as many shallow, poor, or whatever books as there anything else I mentioned. *sigh*

(Sorry if my grammar got weird there, its late and I'm recovering from a cold. X_X)

I'm getting kinda annoyed with all the people acting like Smash Bros 4 is just about Mega Man. I mean, yeah, he's a REALLY cool addition. But people are acting like nothing else about the game matters. I saw someone even call SSB4 the best Mega Man game in a while... It's just frustrating me to see one of my favorite game franchises pretty much only get focus for one character. I have nothing against Mega Man, he looks really cool, but there's so much more to Smash Bros than one character.

I'm getting kinda annoyed with all the people acting like Smash Bros 4 is just about Mega Man. I mean, yeah, he's a REALLY cool addition. But people are acting like nothing else about the game matters. I saw someone even call SSB4 the best Mega Man game in a while... It's just frustrating me to see one of my favorite game franchises pretty much only get focus for one character. I have nothing against Mega Man, he looks really cool, but there's so much more to Smash Bros than one character.

But the game IS just about Mega Man. Mega Man is actually the only reason I am getting Smash Bros.