Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Koko

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Sometimes holding grudges isn't the best thing to do, since many who hold grudges, don't stop talking about the grudge they are holding and say how the person drives them insane. I do "Forget and Forgive" when either a situation has gone on for a VERY long time or when it doesn't afflict me that much. Anyone can say anything they want to me, and to be honest it may hurt for a while but I still know that it's their opinion. I just move on. Many just stand there getting mad on something that can be moved on front. Then I get called "inexperienced" because I think this way, like I haven't experienced pain and oppression before. 

Edited by Shana09

I'm not a big fan of Super Metroid. I've only played a little bit of it, but I don't get the hype, really.

I hate the FPS genre, with the exception of Half Life and Team Fortress. Most of them aren't very different at all and are super repetitive.

Final Fantasy VII is my 2nd least favorite game in the series, with XII taking the number 1 position. Never played XIII, so can't include that

Final Fantasy VIII is better than people claim it is.

Nintendo is my favorite game company out there. They're creative, innovative, and make a lot more interesting games than Sony and Microsoft

I don't like most famous Youtubers. They don't make very interesting videos, to be honest. Chuggaaconroy's awesome, though.

I couldn't even finish the first book of the Hunger Games due to how boring I found it.

I don't pay attention to celebrity gossip. It's pointless, really.

The World Ends With You is the greatest game ever made. F it! F it all the way!

i love valentines day

not just because i have a significant other but because its a really good day that promotes love and even if you dont have an S.O. you can always show your appreciate for your friends and family and exchange gifts and tell them how much you care

its  really loving holiday and its so upsetting when people complain and are hateful about it because they dont have a partnet 

I hate cover. They just ruin a good song.

Not always :3 some covers top the charts ;P 

i think girls are better than guys /shot

I think animated ponys are better then guys and girls owo xD

sym bionic titan is and will always be the best show on CN. Sadly it was not re-new.

Just cause somebody is rude to you, does NOT mean they are a mean person.

I HATED David (Forgot his last name.) As the Doctor. I don't bother to watch the another Eps. (I'm really really weird like that.) He was funny and all but another then that he wasn't that great. I loved Rose tho .

Taylor Swift Is NOT a whore. She is NOT bashing people in her songs. She never tells anybody who her songs are about. (But Dear John but mind you John is a total asshole to his ex's , but yet Taylor gets slut shamed and shit. Seems legit. ) Joe Jones is nothing but a jerk to her and Demi. If he was suuuch a great guy then why does he break up with his girlfriends for another ones? Why didn't he visit Demi when she was in rehab ? Hm? Hm? Why didn't he try to help?

And guess what, lots of girls ALWAYS pick the wrong guys. But they learn from it .

She writes what she feels just like I do when I get heartbroken and just like every another songwriter.

Rihanna needs to get her firetrucking shit together, I love her I always have but she needs to grow a firetrucking pair and leave Chris Brown FOR GOOD! No more songs about him , no more going out with him. END IT WITH HIM! HE IS NOT A GOOD MAN AT ALL ! HE SHOULD BEHIND BARS!

I love being called a songwriter, I have no idea why tho.

No Taylor did not make Niall cry. No Taylor was not bashing on Harry, no Taylor did not write five songs about Harry cause they were never ever ever ever . . together.

If you believe every little thing and make fun of Taylor for every little thing she does then you need to re-think your god damn life.

Dumbasses.

Just cause somebody slut-shames does NOT mean they're a bad person.

"There is no such thing as a black person being racist."

Get away from me.

There are many black people who are racists .

I seen it with my own eyes, there are many black people who are mean to whites/ hispanic/etc.

Guess what firetruckers, if you don't like my covers tell me nicely or just dislike it. Yes I get upset, who doesn't? But telling me I suck and to stop trying is just plan mean .

Saying, " Try harder and keep trying. " Or "I don't like it." Is way better then telling me I suck and should go die. :/

"I got a guitar to pick up chicks." You suck.

If you need a guitar to pick up chicks then the only chick ya gonna get is one that is more desperate then you.

I'm so sick of hearing. "The USA isn't doing shit. I wish I didn't live in the USA . Etc etc etc."

it's harder for the USA cause we have 50 states . Witch means we have many many many many more people to change they're minds.

Your forgetting that things take time . We can't just be like. "OH LET'S LOWER TAXES LET MAKE GUNS HARDER TO GET BLAH BLAH BLAH."

There are many people working hard to fix this country and you need to shut up the firetruck up. If you wanna make a change , then get off your ass and do it.

If you wanna help make this country a better place then go out there and help. it ain't gonna be easy at all . It's going to take time and hard work.

In the past five years we had out first black president, first gay senator, ME, MD, MA, CT, IA, VT, NH, NY, and WA allows gay marriage, and the USA is still working hard .

Yes, some people here suck. But everybody sucks. Yes Fox news sucks big ass balls. But TBH NBC News and all the another news sucks.

I just love when Gypsies call Rihanna/Jay-Z/Black people evil just cause they're black. Idk, I just love seeing them be stupid .

Cause they're kids hate them for what they say and do. They're kids say to themselves "why was I born here? I'm nothing like these people." A few weeks ago when I was in New York and we were hanging out with people. This dumbass started saying how being Gay is evil and her son just looked at her like she was high.

I hate being a gypsy and all but everything is changing and I'm not the only person who believes in gay rights/etc.

This whole world is changing and everybody needs to see that.

Edited by Think Pink

I'm not a big fan of Super Metroid. I've only played a little bit of it, but I don't get the hype, really.

I don't like most famous Youtubers. They don't make very interesting videos, to be honest. Chuggaaconroy's awesome, though.

1. How come? It's one of the best games in the SNES.

2. *Cough PewdiePie *Cough

I really don't care what anyone thinks--if you hate someone for a reason other than who they are inside, then you are WRONG. You can't hate someone for their skin color (whether it be black, white, w/e), their sex (boy/girl/neither), or their mental status (normal/unique/disability). You judge them from what's inside, and no other factors. I am so sick of people trying to justify  "-insert racist comment-" "-insert comment about neurotypicals" "-insert sexist comment-" etc. It's nonjustifiable--if you judge someone by anything other than their character, then you're the one that's wrong.

angry people scare me, even if its just my best bro yelling at me over pink floyd.  god im a pansy

Sometimes I have to wonder if my sense of humor is too brash or if peoples' jimmies are too easily rustled.  Maybe it's a little of each, or it just depends on the circumstances.

i like your humor if that helps

1. How come? It's one of the best games in the SNES.

2. *Cough PewdiePie *Cough

1. It was a lot slower paced than I expected, to be honest. Also, I like games that aren't linear, but Super Metroid took that a bit too far. It took me ages to find anything, and I'm still figuring everything out. I loved a lot of SNES games, Super Metroid never really stuck with me though.

2. Never seen the guy, but from what I hear about him, I'd like to keep it that way. :P

Taylor Swift Is NOT a whore. She is NOT bashing people in her songs. She never tells anybody who her songs are about. (But Dear John but mind you John is a total asshole to his ex's , but yet Taylor gets slut shamed and shit. Seems legit. ) Joe Jones is nothing but a jerk to her and Demi. If he was suuuch a great guy then why does he break up with his girlfriends for another ones? Why didn't he visit Demi when she was in rehab ? Hm? Hm? Why didn't he try to help?

And guess what, lots of girls ALWAYS pick the wrong guys. But they learn from it .

She writes what she feels just like I do when I get heartbroken and just like every another songwriter.

Marry me.

Justin Bieber isn't so bad; it's just a fad to bash him. People should learn to ignore what they dislike. :

-suddenly remembering what I wanted to say before-

I like Lady Gaga and her whole "Be yourself" thing but she's gotten so weird, it's creepy to me. Like, really creepy. I'd watch Paparazzi and Bad Romance and Poker Face and think, "She's so strange, I love it!" But after that, it was the kind of strange that I just couldn't take ._.

Edited by -AngelicHealing-

I really don't care what anyone thinks--if you hate someone for a reason other than who they are inside, then you are WRONG. You can't hate someone for their skin color (whether it be black, white, w/e), their sex (boy/girl/neither), or their mental status (normal/unique/disability). You judge them from what's inside, and no other factors. I am so sick of people trying to justify  "-insert racist comment-" "-insert comment about neurotypicals" "-insert sexist comment-" etc. It's nonjustifiable--if you judge someone by anything other than their character, then you're the one that's wrong.

In all honesty, despite what you're saying, neurotypicals, whites, cispeople, males, heterosexuals, they don't judge these non favoured groups by their character. They judge us simply because they don't like the difference between them and us. It'd be much simpler if they judged us by our character but they don't. That's why there's still oppression.

I get so mad every time I see someone refer to “the social justice bloggers”

I’ve unfollowed people for that before and I’ll unfollow people for that again.

because if you honestly believe that using the internet to talk about oppression in society is somehow less worthy of respect than using the internet to talk about dumb stuff like funny cat pictures and TV shows

and you automatically invalidate a person’s opinions and experiences just because they use their blog to talk about issues society wants you to ignore

and you try to police how someone handles their personal struggles (“oh, so and so has a good message, but they’re so aggressive, they should be a little more polite and maybe then I’d listen to them” meaning “I’m not going to listen to you until you give me the respect and obedience I deserve, because I have power over you”)

and you use “social justice blogger” as a pejorative

then you are without doubt a high quality, grade A, farm fresh piece of shit.

~Social justice warriors~ don’t call people out on their bullshit because we like it. ~Social justice warriors~ call people out because our livesdepend on getting the privileged around us to see us as actual human beings, since society insists that we aren’t.

My safety relies on trying to get the neurotypical, male, and straight people around me to understand that I’m still human, and that my autism and gender and sexual preferences don’t change that. The safety of trans* people and people of color relies on trying to convince the white and cis people around them that they are also human and deserve to be alive, because the rest of the world thinks they don’t.

And if you mock someone for trying to make other people see that, then firetruck you.

As someone who is privileged in every single way except for your gender, you don't know what it's like to be oppressed, Lexi. Yeah, you're right. It's really shitty that both sides tend to hate each other based on skin colour, gender, sexuality, neurological wiring. It doesn't get us anywhere, it doesn't improve the situation or promote equality. But honestly, if you were constantly oppressed over something you were born with, something you couldn't control, you'd hate your oppressors too. And you know what? It's human. It's human to feel that way and it's okay. It's okay to hate people who make you feel miserable. You can't tolerate and like everyone. But if they have a good character, they'll rise and strive to make the situation better despite their relapses into negativity. And if not, well, that's that.

I was ranting earlier and realized how unpopular this opinion is and to be honest I don't consider it an opinion. 

There is a reason people of oppressed groups hate their oppressors. There's a reason POCs hate white people. There's a reason queer people hate straight people. There's a reason women hate men. There's a reason trans* people hate cis people. The list goes on. My point: THERE IS A REASON.

Let's go back to the days where oppression was very apparently and open and accepted (while nowadays it's secretive and still accepted but still THERE AND VERY NOTICEABLE TO THE OPPRESSED). Why did white people see black people as lesser? And men see women as property? No reason. Actually the reason had to do with some supremist shit but that doesn't count because it was these white men thinking they were better because they were white men. These white, straight, cismen thought they were better for no reason at all.

Now let's fast forward to today, where men cry misandry, white people cry reverse racism (that isn't even a thing, stop using dictionary definitions), straight people who cry heterophobia (still not a thing), and cis people who don't understand why it's so wrong to have their gender match the gender they were assigned at birth. Usually, these whiny cries are when POCs/queers/trans*/women criticize the privileged and express their distaste and the poor privileged folk get their feelings hurt (at least those who don't acknowledge their privilege). Now, the question on everyone's mind, what reason do POCs/queers/trans*/women have to hate men/white/straight/cis people? Hmm, let me see.

How about the countless years of oppression they have to put up with.

The years of being seen as lesser and the fact that they are STILL continued to be seen as lesser. I mean, look at all the white people in popular media and compare to amount of POCs in media. Now look at the amount of straight people and compare it to the amount of out-of-the-closet queers. The amount of men too and how they still make more money than women. And let's not forget about the very small amount of openly trans* individuals and neuroatypicals. And the few people who AREN'T straight, cis, hetero, white are USUALLY made the butt of the joke. You would not believe how often I have to sit and watch hispanics/latin@s/mexicans like myself get made fun of for comedy purposes. Same with people who are cis women (not to mention how overlooked trans* people and they're usually not portrayed correctly). Not even JUST in social media. In social settings, I OFTEN (and I mean OFTEN) get slurs thrown at me and have to put up with people saying oppressive bullshit and treating me less than a human being. And it even applied to the internet, that's a supposed save haven for those who are different. Well guess what, BULLSHIT.

Experiencing that everyday of your life can really make you hate the systems that work against you and oppress you and put you down everyday. And by systems I mean, the system of white, cis, hetero, males being the 'best' in society, while I (and many others) are thrown under the bus.  

Now I know what you're thinking, 

"WE'RE NOT ALL LIKE THAT!"

"YOU SHOULDN'T FIGHT HATE WITH HATE!"

"LEARN TO TAKE A JOKE!/CHILL OUT!"

And other silencing bullshit.

Guess what?

I don't CARE.

We are ALLOWED to get ANGRY. We have a REASON to be angry. We're not being irrational and we're not being over dramatic  We're being humans who have had ENOUGH of this bullshit. It's like you're 'friends' with someone who insults you constantly and at first you put up with it but finally you snap and you decide to tell them off and it feels so good to give them the same shit they've been giving you.

Sure we (the oppressed) understand. Some white people are not racist at all. Same with men who are active feminists and good straight/cis allies. But the good ones are typically aware of their privilege and understand our hatred. And they apologize for the oppressiveness of their fellow white/cis/hetero/men. They don't silence us and they trust our opinion and our experiences because we're the ones who have to take it every day. They understand and they fight along side the oppressed, not for the oppressed. Because we don't want you fighting for us, we want you fighting with us.

TL;DR:

WE ARE ANGRY AND WE HAVE A RIGHT TO BE AND IF SOMEONE CALLS OUT WHITE PEOPLE/MEN/STRAIGHT PEOPLE/CIS PEOPLE/NEUROTYPICALS, THEY PROBABLY HAVE A GOOD REASON TO AND IF YOU'RE HURT BY THEIR WORDS, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY LOOK AT YOURSELF AND REALIZE THAT YOU'RE PROBABLY DOING WHAT THAT PERSON IS CALLING OUT.

In all honesty, despite what you're saying, neurotypicals, whites, cispeople, males, heterosexuals, they don't judge these non favoured groups by their character. They judge us simply because they don't like the difference between them and us. It'd be much simpler if they judged us by our character but they don't. That's why there's still oppression.

As someone who is privileged in every single way except for your gender, you don't know what it's like to be oppressed, Lexi. Yeah, you're right. It's really shitty that both sides tend to hate each other based on skin colour, gender, sexuality, neurological wiring. It doesn't get us anywhere, it doesn't improve the situation or promote equality. But honestly, if you were constantly oppressed over something you were born with, something you couldn't control, you'd hate your oppressors too. And you know what? It's human. It's human to feel that way and it's okay. It's okay to hate people who make you feel miserable. You can't tolerate and like everyone. But if they have a good character, they'll rise and strive to make the situation better despite their relapses into negativity. And if not, well, that's that.

That's a generalization though. There are a lot of neurotypicals, whites, cispeople, males, and heterosexuals who supposed those groups and wouldn't judge them at all. Granted there are those that would, but I really don't think they're much of a majority anymore. Those people are wrong, but it still doesn't seem right to keep continuing a feud. It seems like the problem will never be solved until we all start working on accepting each other--not continuing fights that are centuries old. 

I don't see how my gender makes me underprivileged? Anyway, I have to admit that I don't see much oppression anymore, though it might be because I live in a nice area. People near where I live are protesting in the hopes of making gay marriage legal, they fought to give women the right to serve in infantry, they have a soup kitchen and an entire support system in school set up for Hispanics, because they're a majority in my town. I understand it's not like that everywhere, but when most people are trying to correct the situation, it doesn't really seem right to generalize and hate everyone of a certain mind set/race/etc. It makes more sense to be angry at those who don't agree and try to change how they think rather than just continue a feud. To be honest, this is the fight of older generations--ours is way more tolerant and open, and things are changing for the better, so it makes more sense to me to try to fix everything. I mean, things are never going to get better if someone's always hating someone. 

That's a generalization though. There are a lot of neurotypicals, whites, cispeople, males, and heterosexuals who supposed those groups and wouldn't judge them at all. 

It's human. It's human to feel that way and it's okay. It's okay to hate people who make you feel miserable. You can't tolerate and like everyone.

That's a generalization though. There are a lot of neurotypicals, whites, cispeople, males, and heterosexuals who supposed those groups and wouldn't judge them at all. Granted there are those that would, but I really don't think they're much of a majority anymore. Those people are wrong, but it still doesn't seem right to keep continuing a feud. It seems like the problem will never be solved until we all start working on accepting each other--not continuing fights that are centuries old. 

I agree but still. People are allowed to feel angry. People are allowed to relapse, are allowed to vent and scream. You can't be outright and openly oppressed anymore where everyone can see it because that would be violating basic human rights. But people still do it less obviously, in ways that aren't brutal but still cruel because of how subtle they are.

I don't see how my gender makes me underprivileged?

You're female. Simple as that. Men will always treat you like property or like you are lesser to them. They might not notice they're doing it, you won't either unless you look in between the lines but the point is, you're underprivileged because men are always the favoured gender in today's society.

People near where I live are protesting in the hopes of making gay marriage legal, they fought to give women the right to serve in infantry, they have a soup kitchen and an entire support system in school set up for Hispanics, because they're a majority in my town. I understand it's not like that everywhere, but when most people are trying to correct the situation, it doesn't really seem right to generalize and hate everyone of a certain mind set/race/etc.

I'm talking about the more subtle things. Letting women be free when it comes to exploring their sexuality, not judging them for wearing the choice of attire they have, whether it shows a lot or hides everything, or putting an end to rape culture. Or having more POC representation in the media or complete accommodations for neuroatypicals in today's education system. That's what I mean.

It makes more sense to be angry at those who don't agree and try to change how they think rather than just continue a feud. To be honest, this is the fight of older generations--ours is way more tolerant and open, and things are changing for the better, so it makes more sense to me to try to fix everything.

Some people are very ignorant of their privilege and get very defensive when they get called out on it. Yeah, underprivileged groups have a tendency to bully and even attack people when trying to make an explanation but the point is, that 'continued feud' is passed down to other generations in more subtle ways and they grow up thinking it's acceptable. They don't have the intent to hurt but they're still insensitive regardless and that's why non favoured groups get upset. That's why it's important to spread the word and educate them.

I mean, things are never going to get better if someone's always hating someone. 

You're right but I still oppressed groups are still allowed to be angry, to vent and let it all out every once in a while. It gets tiring, being battered with that kind of treatment by the society you live in. It's only if they are constantly on the offensive, it's only if all misunderstandings are clear and they still choose to attack and make whites, cispeople, males, heterosexuals and neurotypicals miserable that they are truly wrong.

1, Just cause somebody's famous does not mean they have a easy life.

2, Just cause you think somebody's a bad person, doesn't make them a bad person.

3, If somebody KNOWS and is SORRY for the dumb things they said, then you should STFU and get over it.

4, Tyler Oakley is funny as firetruck and I love him. 

People can change, yes they can change for good or bad. 

You rap about sex but when you win a award  you thank God? I'm sorry but why? All you do is rap/sing about sex money and clothes. You are not here cause you worked hard, your here cause most of your fan base is teenage boys who like shitty rap. 

Slut shaming should get the firetruck out of here. I am a girl, I am allowed to wear what I want, if I want to wear a bra outside. I will wear a god damn bra outside.

If a man can walk outside shirtless then why can't I? My boobs are not something for you to look at and if you stare at them I'm gonna punch you in the face.

Just cause somebody is above my knees does not make it 'to short." I'm 5'6. Everything is gonna be 'to short' on me.

And all the cute dresses are made that way so get over it.

Nicki Minaj is the queen . 

Innocent Darkness could've been ten times better if it wasn't all lovey drovey stuff.

The thing that annoyed me a lot in this book is that Noli never stood up for herself. Nor did the another girls and Noli had to be saved.

If she gotten her shit together she could've saved herself. 

(I still find it funny that James had sex before V and V is older then him lolol.)

And the book didn't make sense at times. One min Noli wants to have sex with V the next she doesn't.

V is a sexy firetrucker, who wouldn't have sex with him/shot.

I hope by the 2 book it's more badass and less lovey drovey .

If a girl touches your Penis, I think you should just yell at her to stop and walk away. if you do anything else, the girl could lie and said you touched her.

And of course they will believe the girl.

If you see a white girl getting beaten up by a black girl. It. Is. Not. Funny.

Somebody getting beaten up is not funny at all. 

I'm tired of white girl jokes. Some of them are funny yes but most of them are just mean .

The Notebook movie sucks and it's sexist drivel and I don't understand why women like it so much. Why ? You love a movie where a girl gets forced into doing what the man orders ? 

He even says " If you don't go out with me, I'll drop off the ferris wheel " 

no. just no.