Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Koko

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

I don't understand why is it that good anime's are really short.

For example:

13 episodes

7 episodes

15 episodes

10 episodes

25 Episodes

Basically I find shows that are 1-25 episodes to be short . Note this does not mean that show is bad, some shows are truly to be cut out of 25 episodes.

Yet shows like Sword Art aren't cut out for 25 episodes because the plot is somewhat rushed and it would lack detail.

My preferred number of episodes would be about 35-40 hell Maybe 50-60 that would be great.

Still why is it that really great shows are insanely short? You know shows like Blue Exorcist and Kaze No Stigma, Angel Beats

Don't get me wrong the long shows are good as well.

Hell Kateyo Hitman Reborn was just plain badass.

I dunno, I just disagree with the whole "25 episodes " shows.

You know what I mean?

I'm not sure how much I can elaborate, but I know a few users and known quite a few in the past that were/are so desperate to become part of the 'popular crowd' or be part of the Whoreganization of KH13, even so far as to sucking up to staff members, being overly tolerant and nice to every single user, being super wishy washy to the point of changing their own opinions to match the popular ones of the site just because they wanted to get lots of likes or become a mod. Not because they want to take care of the forum or help people, (some of them don't even follow rules) but because they want the social status that comes with it. Instant popularity, power and idolization. Now for an opinion of my own. Putting this in spoiler tags because of language.

I find people who use the word ‘cunt’ and ‘pussy’ as insults to be extremely ridiculous and laughable. Do you feel proud demeaning female anatomy? Because having a vagina is the worst possible part about the physical body. Because having a vagina signifies vulgarity and weakness, obviously. Would you like an award for your misogyny? Because I can gladly give it to you.

There were members that did that? Goddamn.... isn't that more or less known as a kissass? Edited by Oishii

Fan[boys/girls] are some examples of humanity's stupidity.Kairi will not become a "real" Keyblade weilder, and she doesn't deserve to. As a character she is completely pathetic in KHII, while being alright in the first game. She had an excuse for being so helpless in KHI but in KHII she was perfectly capable of fighting. All around, Kairi's "clones" are far better characters than she will probably ever be. 

If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go cry in a corner now xD

Edited by Javelin434

I'm so sick of this.

Don't like Justin Bieber? Don't talk about Justin Bieber.

Don't like Taylor Swift, don't talk about Taylor Swift.

IT'S

THAT

EASY

NO NEED TO SEND HATE OR TALK SHIT!

It's so simple and easy.

Edited by 4Everbee

I'm so sick of this.

Don't like Justin Bieber? Don't talk about Justin Bieber.

Don't like Taylor Swift, don't talk about Taylor Swift.

IT'S

THAT

EASY

NO NEED TO SEND HATE OR TALK SHIT!

It's so simple and easy.

But there is a need. To express how you feel about them, which everyone has a right to do, you talk shit. I mean, we're all entitled to our own opinions, right?

just because you're entitled to your own opinions does not protect you from getting shitted on for your hateful/oppressive opinions

plus there's a difference between

"I DONT LIKE JUSTIN BIEBER BECAUSE HE'S LOOKS/SOUNDS LIKE A GIRL" which is sexist as well

and "I DON'T LIKE JUSTIN BIEBER BECAUSE I DON'T PARTICULARLY ENJOY HIS MUSIC AND I DISAGREE WITH HIS VIEWS ON ABORTION/ETC" 

or 

"I DONT LIKE TAYLOR SWIFT BECAUSE SHES A SLUT" which this is also problematic because slut shaming isn't okay and judging someone based on who they date isn't okay either

and "I DONT LIKE TAYLOR SWIFT BECAUSE SHE SLUT SHAMES OTHER WOMEN AND ATTACKS PEOPLE IN HER MUSIC" 

See, one is hateful asshatery. The other is an actual legit reason to not like someone.

This.

But.

The only people she attack in her song was Joe Jones and John Mayer. (And they both did the same.)

The rest were fakes.

Just cause somebody says something stupid, does not make them stupid?

Everybody says wrong things once in a while, it's human. Doesn't make them a bad person, doesn't make them a dumbass.

Just means.​They said something wrong

HAVING GAY FRIENDS DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE NOT A HOMOPHOBIC!!!!

BEING GAY DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN CHEAT ON YOUR GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND

JUST CAUSE SOMEBODY SLUT-SHAMES DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE BAD PEOPLE 

THEY ARE PEOPLE WHO HELP ANOTHER PEOPLE AND WHO ARE VERY GOOD PEOPLE

BUT STILL SLUT-SHAME

They are all kind of diffident people in the world.  

Edited by 4Everbee

I think everyone, including myself, are racist, sexist, religionist, disabledist, and all the other 'ists' there are.  We all do it.  We all rationalize our world by putting people into compartments and labeling them on a scale of good and bad.  It's part of how our brains work.  But because of the shame we feel over past discrimination, everyone is too afraid of being labeled racist, sexist, ect.  This is dangerous.  It's dangerous because it's just a form of denial because there is no person who isn't racist, sexist, or discriminates in some degree.  It gets stowed away in the subconscious.  Ignored.  We may know how to play the part and act like a completely accepting person on the surface.  We're so good at it, we believe it's true.  Yet we don't think to question why we lock the car door when we see a group of "questionable people" walking near by, or how we hear someone on the phone and instantly judge what their race, age, socioeconomic standing must be by how they talk.  Why don't we question these things?  Why are we so scared of discriminating? Of being human?  It's wrong.  How can we expect to change for the better if we can't admit that we harbor generalizations about groups of people?  They say admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery, don't they?  But, no, as long as society makes us scared of being the ignorant racist/sexist/religionist/disabledist/ect, we will never be able to make that first step to look into ourselves and try to mend some of the rationalizations our brain has made that might be harmful to ourselves and others.  Who is really ignorant then?

I am Oishii.  I am a racist, sexist, religionist, disabledist, ageist, political discriminator, and I will not be ignorant of who I am.

The correct term is ableist, not disabledist! And I actually agree with what you say! Especially the bold, that's like wow!! YES GOOD I LOVE YOU FOR THIS POST. I love you Oishii okay you're delicious. Realizing your wrongdoings is the first step to correcting them. For example: I've been very ableist in the past and still make some ableist remarks, but I do try to educate myself more and correct my behavior as well as those around us. So many people want to deny that they're being racist/sexist/etc so they never correct it and that's not good! 

Personally, I don't think racism/sexism/etc. is a result of how our brains work, but how society has been built. It's a subconsciously learned behavior to look at certain groups and deem them something negative. Imo, if it was a result of how our brains work, it'd be difficult to correct ourselves, but the only difficult part is breaking bad habits developed by being ableist/sexist/racist/etc. 

Edited by Koko

The correct term is ableist, not disabledist! And I actually agree with what you say! Especially the bold, that's like wow!! YES GOOD I LOVE YOU FOR THIS POST. I love you Oishii okay you're delicious. Realizing your wrongdoings is the first step to correcting them. For example: I've been very ableist in the past and still make some ableist remarks, but I do try to educate myself more and correct my behavior as well as those around us. So many people want to deny that they're being racist/sexist/etc so they never correct it and that's not good! 

Personally, I don't think racism/sexism/etc. is a result of how our brains work, but how society has been built. It's a subconsciously learned behavior to look at certain groups and deem them something negative. Imo, if it was a result of how our brains work, it'd be difficult to correct ourselves, but the only difficult part is breaking bad habits developed by being ableist/sexist/racist/etc. 

Thanks, I fixed my post.  disabledist is what came up in google because I couldn't remember the world.  Google failed me D:

And I guess it goes to the nature vs. nurture thing about why we are this way.  I actually tend to go 50/50 on that since I don't think that issue should be taken as black and white.  So, I agree it's also been conditioned into us as well.  I don't think we can decide if the chicken or the egg came first, but that isn't as important.  We are this way in the end and that's what matters.

Thanks, I fixed my post.  disabledist is what came up in google because I couldn't remember the world.  Google failed me D:

And I guess it goes to the nature vs. nurture thing about why we are this way.  I actually tend to go 50/50 on that since I don't think that issue should be taken as black and white.  So, I agree it's also been conditioned into us as well.  I don't think we can decide if the chicken or the egg came first, but that isn't as important.  We are this way in the end and that's what matters.

can i tell you i love you again because i do

Disney sucks, really bad. Most of the shows are only on cause 5-7 year olds watches them. Most of them find it stupid .

I don't know why we can't have a women hosting a award show. 

When the TCA's had a hot tub for NO REASON ONLY CAUSE THERE WERE CHICKS IN THEM!

I wanted to kill everybody, I'm so tired of people doing this. No we are not for staring at. For god firetrucking shakes.

"You're 13 , why do you talk about those things."

Cause they need to be said and nobody has the balls to say them.

Disney sucks, really bad. Most of the shows are only on cause 5-7 year olds watches them. Most of them find it stupid .

I don't know why we can't have a women hosting a award show. 

When the TCA's had a hot tub for NO REASON ONLY CAUSE THERE WERE CHICKS IN THEM!

I wanted to kill everybody, I'm so tired of people doing this. No we are not for staring at. For god firetrucking shakes.

"You're 13 , why do you talk about those things."

Cause they need to be said and nobody has the balls to say them.

If you meant 5-7 year olds find it stupid then I might have nothing to say.

'Shows' aside, Disney played a great part in my childhood, classics like Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas and even the Lion King had so many things you could learn from. They were captivating, fantasical and sometimes even rivalled video games. And the early shows like Winnie the Pooh was, y'know, different and lovable. On the interactive media side, yeah maybe Disney sucks. And yeah maybe the present disney on the show scale does go low.

Edited by Shera Wizard

Not to be rude or anything, just be curious and everything how do you handle something like Kingdom Hearts if you dislike Disney ? Unless you mean like " Dog with a Blog " stuff.

I agree with Shera Wizard above. I'm over the stereotypical or what the media believes is the age that Disney movies should be watched by, young children and I love Disney. Lion King, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Aladdin, Dumbo, Little Mermaid, Snow White and more. Because they're good movies and they still hold up today. 

When studying I always listen to the Beauty and Beast Broadway soundtrack. It makes me look forward to studying. 

Edited by axele

Not to be rude or anything, just be curious and everything how do you handle something like Kingdom Hearts if you dislike Disney ? Unless you mean like " Dog with a Blog " stuff.

I agree with Shera Wizard above. I'm over the stereotypical or what the media believes is the age that Disney movies should be watched by, young children and I love Disney. Lion King, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Aladdin, Dumbo, Little Mermaid, Snow White and more. Because they're good movies and they still hold up today. 

When studying I always listen to the Beauty and Beast Broadway soundtrack. It makes me look forward to studying. 

I'm talking about New Disney, Dog with a blog, Shake it up, etc etc. I love the movies and all but the new Disney sucks.

I don't understand why is it that good anime's are really short.For example:13 episodes7 episodes15 episodes10 episodes25 EpisodesBasically I find shows that are 1-25 episodes to be short . Note this does not mean that show is bad, some shows are truly to be cut out of 25 episodes.Yet shows like Sword Art aren't cut out for 25 episodes because the plot is somewhat rushed and it would lack detail.My preferred number of episodes would be about 35-40 hell Maybe 50-60 that would be great.Still why is it that really great shows are insanely short? You know shows like Blue Exorcist and Kaze No Stigma, Angel BeatsDon't get me wrong the long shows are good as well.Hell Kateyo Hitman Reborn was just plain badass.I dunno, I just disagree with the whole "25 episodes " shows.You know what I mean?There were members that did that? Goddamn.... isn't that more or less known as a kissass?

I personally like short series. Usually when show keeps going and going, the story gets more non-sense, there will be fillers at some point and the longer show continues, the harder it is to end. (good example is Bleach, seriously it should have ended long ago)

Code Geass, Hellsing, Elfen Lied, Gurren Lagann, Darker Than Black, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion and many more of my favorite series are fairly short and that is good in my opinion. The story will stay on the road, I don't need to bother with fillers, the story has actual ENDING. Also it's always better to leave watcher with feeling "Damn I want more" than "Ugh I'm sick of this show"

I personally like short series. Usually when show keeps going and going, the story gets more non-sense, there will be fillers at some point and the longer show continues, the harder it is to end. (good example is Bleach, seriously it should have ended long ago)

Code Geass, Hellsing, Elfen Lied, Gurren Lagann, Darker Than Black, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion and many more of my favorite series are fairly short and that is good in my opinion. The story will stay on the road, I don't need to bother with fillers, the story has actual ENDING. Also it's always better to leave watcher with feeling "Damn I want more" than "Ugh I'm sick of this show"

I also really like short series because if you want to watch one short like.... Angel Beats

it's much less intimidating than 588 episodes of One Piece >w>

I personally like short series. Usually when show keeps going and going, the story gets more non-sense, there will be fillers at some point and the longer show continues, the harder it is to end. (good example is Bleach, seriously it should have ended long ago) Code Geass, Hellsing, Elfen Lied, Gurren Lagann, Darker Than Black, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion and many more of my favorite series are fairly short and that is good in my opinion. The story will stay on the road, I don't need to bother with fillers, the story has actual ENDING. Also it's always better to leave watcher with feeling "Damn I want more" than "Ugh I'm sick of this show"

Not every long show has a filler though. Reborn, and Yu yu hakusho don't have fillers and their long. Hell Reborn had 203 episodes and no filler at all. Some shows do need more episodes because of lack of certain details and such forth. I hate finishing an anime honestly because I hate looking for a new one to watch. Edited by Noel Vermilion

weed is a horrible drug and should be eradicated because it is illegal

but if you live in amsterdam i give you all regards to toke it up but do not be afraid of lung cancer

If you look it up, there have been no recorded deaths at the hand of marijuana in the United States. (Not sure about other countries, pretty sure no one cares enough to do statistical research.) It doesn't cause lung cancer or any kind of terminal illness. You're probably being given fodder by the media or you're just thinking about tobacco. The only immediate danger marijuana poses is people making stupid ass decisions while under the influence of it.

In my opinion, this thread doesn't have that many unpopular opinions.

Which itself isn't that unpopular an opinion, as many of us have already noticed this thread is now mainly used as a venting thread.  Not that I'm complaining, I do it all the time. :D

Which itself isn't that unpopular an opinion, as many of us have already noticed this thread is now mainly used as a venting thread. Not that I'm complaining, I do it all the time. :D

That and people use this thread to express themselves and avoid any responses like "Your opinion is stupid " or "I dont like your opinion, mine is better hurr durr "Plus I noticed too that when someones rather pissed off, he/She posts in this thread to blow off some steam. Although i don't quite understand why one would get upset at some of these opinions because their just opinions from one person. It's not like an entire clan stated that opinion, no it's just an opinion. So why does one get rather upset at a certain opinion if it's called the "Unpopular opinions thread "? Doesn't that contradict the thread title? Edited by Noel Vermilion