Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Koko

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

I'll be honest, I'm sick and tired of people trying to get me to watch Attack on Titan. First of all, I'm not even ALLOWED TO. It's rated TV-MA according to the official upload site, geez. Secondly, I have zero interest in it. When will people understand that some people aren't interested in things? It annoys me so much when people try to get me to do something I'm not interested in, what's the freaking point?

I hate it when people promote something that they have done as being "interesting", "unique", "fun", or any similar terms, only for the people who decide to look at it to be disappointed in some way. To me, that is one of the most thoroughly saddening occurrences in existence.

I hate it when people promote something that they have done as being "interesting", "unique", "fun", or any similar terms, only for the people who decide to look at it to be disappointed in some way. To me, that is one of the most thoroughly saddening occurrences in existence.

I agree. But I won't get into why.

I'm sick of people going " Oh, that's sucks like f**k" when I tell them I like a certain movie/book/game they don't.

I was telling a friend of mine about HOUSE IV, and he goes " That thing f**king sucks." And I'm sitting there thinking, WTF?

Y'know?

If a facebook page posts news on a console, don't just write some stupid comment about how "PC is better." I get it. You like PC. You don't have to keep reminding us. Just go back to your games and enjoy your legal copy of Kingdom Hearts HD on PC. Oh wait. and your copy of The Last of Us on PC. Oh wait. And your copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl on PC. OH WAIT. But yeah, thanks for telling us that your PC is better than our consoles.

If a facebook page posts news on a console, don't just write some stupid comment about how "PC is better." I get it. You like PC. You don't have to keep reminding us. Just go back to your games and enjoy your legal copy of Kingdom Hearts HD on PC. Oh wait. and your copy of The Last of Us on PC. Oh wait. And your copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl on PC. OH WAIT. But yeah, thanks for telling us that your PC is better than our consoles.

And console players can go back to Team Fortress 2, Planetside 2, EVE Online, Garry's Mod, Half Life, Red Orchestra, Total War, Europa Universalis, Civilization, Spore, Indie Games, Actual Battlefield (sorry, 24 players doesn't count), Company of Heroes, Dawn of War, Counter Strike, DOTA, League of Legends, Mods, Steam, free online multiplayer, and photo-realistic graphics

OH WAIT. 

Not trying to start a console war here, but PC really is better. For every console exclusive PC players miss out on, console players miss out on like 20 PC exclusives, mainly because developers are sick of using nearly a decade old hardware and want to stay modern and progressive as well as avoid becoming the bitches of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. 

And by the time the next gen consoles are released, they will already be about 2 years outdated, maybe one and a half at best. Also because of the ludicrous price of next gen consoles, people are investing in gaming PCs because for a few extra hundred dollars you can avoid paying an online subscription. So the cost are practically even. 

And console players can go back to Team Fortress 2, Planetside 2, EVE Online, Garry's Mod, Half Life, Red Orchestra, Total War, Europa Universalis, Civilization, Spore, Indie Games, Actual Battlefield (sorry, 24 players doesn't count), Company of Heroes, Dawn of War, Counter Strike, DOTA, League of Legends, Mods, Steam, free online multiplayer, and photo-realistic graphics

OH WAIT. 

Not trying to start a console war here, but PC really is better. For every console exclusive PC players miss out on, console players miss out on like 20 PC exclusives, mainly because developers are sick of using nearly a decade old hardware and want to stay modern and progressive as well as avoid becoming the bitches of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. 

And by the time the next gen consoles are released, they will already be about 2 years outdated, maybe one and a half at best. Also because of the ludicrous price of next gen consoles, people are investing in gaming PCs because for a few extra hundred dollars you can avoid paying an online subscription. So the cost are practically even. 

There are actually console versions of Half Life, and a (crappy but still existing) TF2 console version. Also, some people aren't interested in those. I love TF2, Half Life, Steam, Garry's Mod, and Civilization, but don't really give a crap about any of those others. It's all personal preference on what's better, I honestly prefer Nintendo when it comes to gaming. Most people would probably disagree on that, but it's my personal preference, like yours is PC gaming.

OH WAIT. 

Hm... I'm gonna admit (partly) that I'm wrong on the internet. You, sir, have a good point. I guess I had diluted my main point with that "you don't have good exclusives" tidbit that I kinda carelessly threw in there, so there's that. 

But I do stand by my statement that PC gamers should stop clogging up Console conversations with "hurr PC is better". I'm assuming you'll agree with me on that lol

I'm autistic.....and a very girly girl at that.

Doesn't get any more rare an opinion right there.

I'm okay with you being girly and autistic (even though i'm not autistic myself). Besides, i love Hello Kitty (Don't judge me everyone) and cute outfits, like the one i saw on your profile. Now i like it, and it ain't that bad, either. Like i said, it's a cute style. Sorry if this isn't an unpopular opinion, i was just replying to Dawn (That's what i'm going to call you, if you don't mind, of course). 

I'm okay with you being girly and autistic (even though i'm not autistic myself). Besides, i love Hello Kitty (Don't judge me everyone) and cute outfits, like the one i saw on your profile. Now i like it, and it ain't that bad, either. Like i said, it's a cute style. Sorry if this isn't an unpopular opinion, i was just replying to Dawn (That's what i'm going to call you, if you don't mind, of course). 

Okay, seriously, I don't know why the hell (sorry for the language...) anyone would 'judge' you for liking hello kitty, practicly everyone likes Hello Kitty. She's cute. IS IT SO WRONG TO LIKE CUTE THINGS??!!!

firetruck my head hurts now....

(yeah everyone here call's me 'dawn' or 'dawnie' so yeah its okay but your thing about people 'judging' you for liking hello kitty made me mad...now i might need more meds.....)

Edit; Okay, i talked to this person...she said she was afraid of being judged for being CHILDISH.....why do i always assume girliness is the culprite? :

Edited by ~DawnStar2004~

I must say, the majority of the stories on this site's writing section are...not that great, to put it nicely. I mean, I'm not a novel-writier myself, but I at least studied what makes a good story and know how to properly form sentences. What annoys me the most is people placing in music from the actual Kingdom Hearts games! That's pretty much saying, "I don't know how to provoke emotions in writing, so maybe this music I didn't make can!"

Unless you do it very well (Lu Xun, I believe, does it well), don't do it at all! I'm not saying people aren't allowed to write, but at the very least learn some grammar. And if you are doing fanfiction, make sure you keep the characters in character! And don't do boring stuff! Develop the characters we love and know even more than we thought possible or something. Just don't follow the crap that's currently on this site!

I'm not the best in the world, but (and I'm probably gonna sound dickish), but my KH3 story I have hear is better than what I have seen so far. Mystics Apprentice, Lu Xun, and Think Pink are one of the best that most likely exceed me.

I must say, the majority of the stories on this site's writing section are...not that great, to put it nicely. I mean, I'm not a novel-writier myself, but I at least studied what makes a good story and know how to properly form sentences. What annoys me the most is people placing in music from the actual Kingdom Hearts games! That's pretty much saying, "I don't know how to provoke emotions in writing, so maybe this music I didn't make can!"

Unless you do it very well (Lu Xun, I believe, does it well), don't do it at all! I'm not saying people aren't allowed to write, but at the very least learn some grammar. And if you are doing fanfiction, make sure you keep the characters in character! And don't do boring stuff! Develop the characters we love and know even more than we thought possible or something. Just don't follow the crap that's currently on this site!

I'm not the best in the world, but (and I'm probably gonna sound dickish), but my KH3 story I have hear is better than what I have seen so far. Mystics Apprentice, Lu Xun, and Think Pink are one of the best that most likely exceed me.

Well, as annoying as I find it when grammar is tossed out the window, everyone's gotta start from somewhere, right? Instead of writing them off as a failure, it's best to tell them where to improve so that their writing can be more interesting, and get better. As a beginning writer myself, I've found that constructive criticism has helped out a lot with some of my stories. Also, I doubt that anything on here is even a quarter as bad as Half Life: Full Life Consequences was.

Well, as annoying as I find it when grammar is tossed out the window, everyone's gotta start from somewhere, right? Instead of writing them off as a failure, it's best to tell them where to improve so that their writing can be more interesting, and get better. As a beginning writer myself, I've found that constructive criticism has helped out a lot with some of my stories. Also, I doubt that anything on here is even a quarter as bad as Half Life: Full Life Consequences was.

I understand everything you've said 100%, but what really peeved me to write what I said was because there are some stories that are obviously horrible, but everyone thinks it's great. And very rarely does anyone criticize them, unless I've only seen the bad ones like that. It's usually the people who throw out ten chapters of a story a day, with clearly no effort or revising and proofreading. Sure, people can write for fun, but even the slightest knowledge will do just fine to tell a decent story.

I understand everything you've said 100%, but what really peeved me to write what I said was because there are some stories that are obviously horrible, but everyone thinks it's great. And very rarely does anyone criticize them, unless I've only seen the bad ones like that. It's usually the people who throw out ten chapters of a story a day, with clearly no effort or revising and proofreading. Sure, people can write for fun, but even the slightest knowledge will do just fine to tell a decent story.

I don't really do too much reading due to not having the time, so I didn't really know that that happened. Of course, it could also just be a difference in opinion. There can also be parodies sometimes, although those are usually really obvious jokes. Well, anyway, if you think that criticism could help them, you could be the one to give it too. If you see some way for their writing to improve, that's the best thing to do.

I get disappointed when people are disrespectful against people who abused drugs, and maybe even died. I mean, first of all, have respect. That person probably tried their best to overcome drugs, whether it was therapy, rehab, or Narcotic Anonymous. As long as they haven't hurt you, then it's really none of your business (unless their close to you, but a celebrity, etc, then just leave them alone or support them, but don't just criticize them)