Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Koko

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

what'chu talkin' bout? heck I'd wear Fran's outfit just because it's comfy.

Posted Image

Is that not the comfiest looking outfit you've ever seen?

The perfect getup for living in the jungle.

Plus self imposed armor wedgies are the most comfiest things ever.

what'chu talkin' bout? heck I'd wear Fran's outfit just because it's comfy.

Posted Image

Is that not the comfiest looking outfit you've ever seen?

The perfect getup for living in the jungle.

Plus self imposed armor wedgies are the most comfiest things ever.

In fairness, you COULD kill a Malbaro with those stilettos...

The censorship in the series is unbelievably overdone. Removing one second of flames being depicted on Axel's body in Kingdom Hearts II was not even slightly necessary, the mild swear word that Axel gave in the original Chain of Memories did not need to be removed from his dialogue in the PS2 remake, and censoring Aqua's clothing was not necessary either. Those are just a few examples.

The Final Fantasy series has always had less intense censorship. What is the harm in Kingdom Hearts trying to go in accordance to this?

What I want is simple; an occasional mild swear word, at least one scene per game that depicts blood, and more intense death scenes.

I know that I am not the only one who is "getting worked up about it"; there was a thread about the subject that was created the other day.

So you just want it to be Final Fantasy? Why don't you just go play Final Fantasy then?

So you just want it to be Final Fantasy? Why don't you just go play Final Fantasy then?

The reason is not worth talking about.

Edited by Varnish

I do not like KH2. The more I replay it, the more I come to detest it. It has a few bright shining spots (basically anything to do with the ACTUAL story) but in reality is this--> I can literally beat the game by pressing one button. Sometimes two if I have to do a quick time event. Or heal. Maleficent's stupid story was just filler for the first part of the game.  I didn't like Ariel's world. I didn't like Ariel's world. I didn't like the fact that Ariel's world wasn't optional. I didn't like having to listen to those stupid (expect for the ones from the movies) songs. If I wanted to see what happened in the little mermaid, I would watch the movie! Kairi gets no development. They almost tricked me into thinking goofy died. I'd rather just read the manga b/c it just gets to the awesome parts more quickly than the game does!If all the padding had been taken out, I would have really enjoyed this game a lot more! >_<

Edited by Spiney

Sony's handheld systems had crappy hardware, or at least the PSP did. I swear, I've had mine for a year (It was used, so it's been used longer, but still), and it's had more random malfunctions than my DS ever did (Random meaning not caused by me dropping my DS by accident a few years ago). I used my DS for about five years, too. Either the person who had the PSP before me had a thing for abusing game systems, or the PSP 1000 had really crappy hardware.

Sony's handheld systems had crappy hardware, or at least the PSP did. I swear, I've had mine for a year (It was used, so it's been used longer, but still), and it's had more random malfunctions than my DS ever did (Random meaning not caused by me dropping my DS by accident a few years ago). I used my DS for about five years, too. Either the person who had the PSP before me had a thing for abusing game systems, or the PSP 1000 had really crappy hardware.

the 1000 is known for being terrible

the 1000 is known for being terrible

I went with it because I heard it's less fragile and it was cheaper. Still a little mad that it's having so many issues, DS Lite was super fragile and mine doesn't crap out like my PSP does.

I do not like KH2. The more I replay it, the more I come to detest it. It has a few bright shining spots (basically anything to do with the ACTUAL story) but in reality is this--> I can literally beat the game by pressing one button. Sometimes two if I have to do a quick time event. Or heal. Maleficent's stupid story was just filler for the first part of the game. I didn't like Ariel's world. I didn't like Ariel's world. I didn't like the fact that Ariel's world wasn't optional. I didn't like having to listen to those stupid (expect for the ones from the movies) songs. If I wanted to see what happened in the little mermaid, I would watch the movie! Kairi gets no development. They almost tricked me into thinking goofy died. I'd rather just read the manga b/c it just gets to the awesome parts more quickly than the game does!If all the padding had been taken out, I would have really enjoyed this game a lot more! >_<

But Ariel's world is optional... I've beaten kh2 several times and never went to atlantica.

But Ariel's world is optional... I've beaten kh2 several times and never went to atlantica.

Really? B/c I swear everytime I played it they wouldn't let me go to the next world until the ariel one was done =/ But if I'm wrong, my bad xD

Edited by Spiney

It's not about making Kingdom Hearts darker by not censoring themselves, but rather, not censoring pointless things. It is the epitome of hypocrisy that in the original Hercules movies, the Hyrdra spout green blood when its heads were removed, yet Disney saw fit to have that removed from the english release of KH2. It's nonsense to worry about little bits of FIRE on the FIRE ELEMENT CHARACTER when he dies. Or making the guns of the pirates in KH2 changed to look like crossbows (still keeping the same gunshot noise though), even though the movie those characters come from IS MORE VIOLENT THEN ANYTHING IN THE SERIES. Or how about changing Xigbars weapons in KH2 and BBS... whereas in the Japanese versions, he links his two guns together to form a rifle, which he then snipes you with, making perfect sense in accordance with the weapon. But they changed it in the english release to where he just twirls his pistols around a bit and then boom he's sniping at you. It's a POINTLESS CHANGE. It doesn't need to be.

The censorship in Kingdom Hearts is ridiculously stupid. What they've changed is absolutely pointless.

Finally, somebody gets it...

As for an unrelated opinion, here is something that I am sure others here can agree with:

More than once, I have seen people attempting to spread baseless rumours that the male characters of the Kingdom Hearts series were originally meant to have "deeper relationships" between each other. My response to this is; why would anyone want to spread these rumours? They are not true, and they only give people false knowledge. I am sure that most, if not all, of the people who spread these rumours do so because that is what they want to believe.

Sometimes I think Glee covers are better *hides* 

I...Agree. *ducks*

It really depends on what they are covering, sometimes I don't like their covers like what they had done with "Applause" recently.