Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Koko

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

Though there's a plum tree in our garden that belongs to me, I can't stand plums. And you can get a lot of plums from that tree, though only every 2 years. I absolutely can't stand the smell of plumpie while it's baking, I get really nauseous from that smell.

I also don't like fruit pies in general. I prefer fruits raw, not in pie or tarts cake, especially when there's that weird jelly between the pieces of fruit. Ew.

I'm good with bananas if they are hard and not disgusting looking. The soft ones feel so weird in my mouth and the disgusting ones look like it got struck by a disease.

Stop thinking wrong, this is an actual criticism on below average bananas.

That's like describing two hours of Netflix and Chill.

People call vocaloid cold because it's not a human. Well, the songs can be written by literally anyone, and all the money goes back to the people behind the scenes, to the musicians, artists, technicians, the music is free to listen to, and when you pay for it, it's the original song writer who is asking for something back. In the ''traditional'' music industry all the money goes to some men in black suits, to a company, to a millonaire to buy another pool. If anything vocaloid is what music should be. A virtual singer will never throw up on stage, care about money or materialistic things, they literally cannot act rude or mean.

If it being in another language is what bother you then you seem pretty basic imo, it's music, if it sounds good does it matter? Plus you could learn something about another culture at the same time.

I don't think vocaloid will ever replace ''real'' singers either, and people like namie amuro and lady gaga have even collaborated with them.

As for the ''but you can't talk to them, touch them etc'', lets face it, you can't realistically do that with ''real'' singers either, they don't even know you exist, if you do get a chance it's short lived, your chances of being in a room with hatsune miku and being in a room with harry styles are actually about the same. Maybe more for miku actually, since you can buy a mini hologram set up. You'd need to win some competition or something and then get on a plane etc etc to meet a famous ''real'' singer
Edited by Yuno Gasai

(I honestly don't know if I've posted this before on this topic, but I'll post it anyways)

I think that story and gameplay are equal in importance and that video game stories are so underrated 

Edited by Zeldablade7

(Thread randomly popped up in my thoughts today, so now i'm totally reviving it)

May of said this before, or it may have been said here before, but i'm not really big on those mainstream Marvel movies. You know The Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, etc. It's not that I dislike them, I do like them. I just don't think they're that great. They're rather standard. I find them to be very overrated. What the hell is that great about them? They're nothing special. However, I do really like The Guardians of the Galaxy, and my favorite thing about that movie is that it has absolutely nothing to do with The Avengers movies and I hope it never does. It's a great damn standalone and I can't wait for the sequel.

(Thread randomly popped up in my thoughts today, so now i'm totally reviving it)

May of said this before, or it may have been said here before, but i'm not really big on those mainstream Marvel movies. You know The Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, etc. It's not that I dislike them, I do like them. I just don't think they're that great. They're rather standard. I find them to be very overrated. What the hell is that great about them? They're nothing special. However, I do really like The Guardians of the Galaxy, and my favorite thing about that movie is that it has absolutely nothing to do with The Avengers movies and I hope it never does. It's a great damn standalone and I can't wait for the sequel.

I'm not into them either. I don't dislike them, but never felt the need to go out and watch them. I've only seen Thor, Avengers, and Iron Man (which I actually wasn't really a fan of). Everyone I know always talks about them and is really into them, but I'm just not really a fan.

Well I'll be damned, the last post I made in this thread was 361 days ago. Almost a full year!!!! xD

Final Fantasy 8 has the best story out of all the FF games

FF13 is not a bad game at all

Kingdom Hearts 2 has a good battle system if you're playing on proud or critical, on every other mode it's button mashy and doesn't reflect the true greatness of the game.

Bleach got better as it went along rather than worse like 99% of people think

Sakura Haruno is a great character

The anime community is the most toxic community out there alongside COD and Minecraft

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen

I'd never date a transgender person. As a heterosexual male I can't wrap my head around this concept of being born as one gender but feeling like you were meant to be the opposite gender. I can respect transgender people, do whatever you want to do, you mind your business and I'll mind mine, but I don't understand how it works, nor do I want to.

I don't see how anyone can act like a certain gender either. Not all women behave the same way and not all men behave the same way so attributing character traits to specific genders is just as bad as attributing character traits to certain races and nationalities.

The anime community is so pathetic, it's a constant cycle of arguing and moaning about which imaginary characters are better than each other. Then you have people in the Youtube community like Double4Anime who steal people's content, lie and start drama for no reason. You've got assholes like Digibro who think every slice of life is anime is this complex, story rich show that is so deep when in reality he's just an elitist.

"Hey everyone! I make youtube videos about some random Japanese cartoon that no has ever heard of!!!! Therefore I'm better than everyone else!"

You people do realise it's a cartoon right? The worst thing about this is, that the majority of mangeka have HUGE amounts of respect for one another. If I made 1 forum post on MAL about Bleach or Fairy Tail I'd get slaughtered, they would more than likely respond with  "Bleach is trash, Fairy Tail is trash gtfo loser casual trash bleach fell off go read Kingdom or Berserk" You look down on me because I prefer different cartoons... I know I do joke about Fairy Tail A LOT, but I would never look down on another person for liking it. I hate that series, but I wouldn't insult the fandom and bash them, just the manga on occasion. 

Some One Piece fans are terrible, any foreshadowing is OMG GODA I LOVE YOU. But if Naruto or Bleach show any foreshadowing it's written off as just a coincidence and they give me the same response of

'Kubo and Kishimoto are shit at writing, they just got lucky'

In fact, Kishi gets away with it, now that Naruto has ended everyone forgets about the bad stuff, it's ALWAYS Kubo who gets shit despite the fact he foreshadowed PLENTY of things.

http://imgur.com/a/UJfOT/all

That imgur post^ contains TONS of evidence towards foreshadowing in Bleach. But it's not obvious like One Piece or Naruto so no one cares. 

Oh and why does Bleach ALWAYS get shit for having 2 similar arcs? EVERYONE moans and whines about how Rukia's rescue and Orihime's rescue were so similar. SO What? It's his story, his arcs can have similarities, both were very enjoyable and fantastic arcs.

I saw a YT Video by YRulerOfTime who tried to compare Hueco Mundo and Soul Society arcs by saying 

"Both had villains with extremely pale skin and were emo" *Shows picture of Byakuya and Ulquiorra.

Like what? Is this guy for real? Is it hindering your enjoyment of the story? If not, then why are you complaining? I never understand why anime and manga fans nitpick over the most insignificant things. 

But Dragon Ball Z is THE EXACT same thing OVER and OVER again but no one moans about that because of nostalgia xD Alien shows up, they train, they kill the alien. Bleach has 2 invasion arcs, they break into a society and then into a prison, but OMG Kubo sucks as a writer he is copy and pasting series sucks 5/10 GODA GODA GODA yet One Piece has had 3 rescue arcs now, saving Robin, saving Ace and

Saving Sanji

but it's okay, it's One Piece!!

Racism towards white people exists

Racism FROM ethnic minorities exists-Yes, including Muslims, Black folk and Mexicans.

Gay people can discriminate against heterosexuals.

When a female teacher rapes her student, it's not 'cool'. Where the hell does this stereotype come from that all boys are perverts who want sex 24/7? How do you know that kid doesn't feel violated? What if that boy had a special perception of sex and wanted his first time to be with someone he cared about? You don't do you? The bias Western media just dismiss everything because of the psycho feminazis that run everything.

The far right wing are a bunch of cruel, heartless bigots and facists.

The far left wing are a bunch of psycho hippy feminazis that think that you can defeat people like ISIS with flowers and hugs.

Donald Trump is a moron

Hillary Clinton is a moron

I'd never date a transgender person. As a heterosexual male I can't wrap my head around this concept of being born as one gender but feeling like you were meant to be the opposite gender. I can respect transgender people, do whatever you want to do, you mind your business and I'll mind mine, but I don't understand how it works, nor do I want to.

I don't see how anyone can act like a certain gender either. Not all women behave the same way and not all men behave the same way so attributing character traits to specific genders is just as bad as attributing character traits to certain races and nationalities.

The anime community is so pathetic, it's a constant cycle of arguing and moaning about which imaginary characters are better than each other. Then you have people in the Youtube community like Double4Anime who steal people's content, lie and start drama for no reason. You've got assholes like Digibro who think every slice of life is anime is this complex, story rich show that is so deep when in reality he's just an elitist.

"Hey everyone! I make youtube videos about some random Japanese cartoon that no has ever heard of!!!! Therefore I'm better than everyone else!"

You people do realise it's a cartoon right? The worst thing about this is, that the majority of mangeka have HUGE amounts of respect for one another. If I made 1 forum post on MAL about Bleach or Fairy Tail I'd get slaughtered, they would more than likely respond with  "Bleach is trash, Fairy Tail is trash gtfo loser casual trash bleach fell off go read Kingdom or Berserk" You look down on me because I prefer different cartoons... I know I do joke about Fairy Tail A LOT, but I would never look down on another person for liking it. I hate that series, but I wouldn't insult the fandom and bash them, just the manga on occasion. 

Some One Piece fans are terrible, any foreshadowing is OMG GODA I LOVE YOU. But if Naruto or Bleach show any foreshadowing it's written off as just a coincidence and they give me the same response of

In fact, Kishi gets away with it, now that Naruto has ended everyone forgets about the bad stuff, it's ALWAYS Kubo who gets shit despite the fact he foreshadowed PLENTY of things.

That imgur post^ contains TONS of evidence towards foreshadowing in Bleach. But it's not obvious like One Piece or Naruto so no one cares. 

Oh and why does Bleach ALWAYS get shit for having 2 similar arcs? EVERYONE moans and whines about how Rukia's rescue and Orihime's rescue were so similar. SO What? It's his story, his arcs can have similarities, both were very enjoyable and fantastic arcs.

I saw a YT Video by YRulerOfTime who tried to compare Hueco Mundo and Soul Society arcs by saying 

"Both had villains with extremely pale skin and were emo" *Shows picture of Byakuya and Ulquiorra.

Like what? Is this guy for real? Is it hindering your enjoyment of the story? If not, then why are you complaining? I never understand why anime and manga fans nitpick over the most insignificant things. 

But Dragon Ball Z is THE EXACT same thing OVER and OVER again but no one moans about that because of nostalgia xD Alien shows up, they train, they kill the alien. Bleach has 2 invasion arcs, they break into a society and then into a prison, but OMG Kubo sucks as a writer he is copy and pasting series sucks 5/10 GODA GODA GODA yet One Piece has had 3 rescue arcs now, saving Robin, saving Ace and

Saving Sanji

Racism FROM ethnic minorities exists-Yes, including Muslims, Black folk and Mexicans.

When a female teacher rapes her student, it's not 'cool'. Where the hell does this stereotype come from that all boys are perverts who want sex 24/7? How do you know that kid doesn't feel violated? What if that boy had a special perception of sex and wanted his first time to be with someone he cared about? You don't do you? The bias Western media just dismiss everything because of the psycho feminazis that run everything.

The far left wing are a bunch of psycho hippy feminazis that think that you can defeat people like ISIS with flowers and hugs.

Donald Trump is a moron

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez man. You okay?

You can have a Sneakers bar if you want.

Saving Sanji

Donald Trump is a moron

I can agree with some of what you've said up there.

I'd also like to add:

Politics is a huge load of bullcrap. There's just so much wrong with politics & some politicians I can't even list it all. I don't care what country, state, county, city, territory, etc. it is. There's almost always political bullcrap. And it sucks. 

And the fact that people ACTUALLY want to vote for some of these politicians who constantly insult their opponents, throw out lies, their campaign also doing the same, have nonsense ads that they actually spent campaign money on, have bad political agendas, etc etc etc etc. Like, what the hell? After all these bastards do and you're okay with voting for them?

Edited by Geralt

I can agree with some of what you've said up there.

I'd also like to add:

Politics is a huge load of bullcrap. There's just so much wrong with politics & some politicians I can't even list it all. I don't care what country, state, county, city, territory, etc. it is. There's almost always political bullcrap. And it sucks. 

And the fact that people ACTUALLY want to vote for some of these politicians who constantly insult their opponents, throw out lies, their campaign also doing the same, have nonsense ads that they actually spent campaign money on, have bad political agendas, etc etc etc etc. Like, what the hell? After all these bastards do and you're okay with voting for them?

The thing is, no matter which country you go to, politicians will always be corrupt to some extent. There is this one politician in we have in Australia named Pauline Hanson, who wants to see multiculturalism in Australia gone. The fact that she managed to get into politics and get as far as co-founding a party really baffles me. I'm just glad she's not Prime Minister. The most corrupt thing about government is the fact that people with no political experience are somehow allowed in. Also, all my yes to the last paragraph. Instead of having a sensible debate, they like to roast each other and try to drag each other's names through the mud. Things that children do. Heck, a child knows better.

The thing is, no matter which country you go to, politicians will always be corrupt to some extent. There is this one politician in we have in Australia named Pauline Hanson, who wants to see multiculturalism in Australia gone. The fact that she managed to get into politics and get as far as co-founding a party really baffles me. I'm just glad she's not Prime Minister. The most corrupt thing about government is the fact that people with no political experience are somehow allowed in. Also, all my yes to the last paragraph. Instead of having a sensible debate, they like to roast each other and try to drag each other's names through the mud. Things that children do. Heck, a child knows better.

Yeeeeeeep, pretty much.