Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Koko

The Unpopular Opinions Thread

I would put my honest unpopular opinions on this thread, but I'm scared that it would turn the thread from an unpopular opinions thread to a flame war thread. So I can't decide if I should say what I want to say.

I hate it when friends insult other friends, even if it's only for fun.

Why would you call your friend a *another word for gay* and a fatass. Even if you don't see it, you might have actually hurt their feelings.

I have a ton of people that do this to me and I don't even want to call them my friends

You Mean An Insulting Word For A Homosexual,

A *insert offensive word for gay people is not a gay person. It's either a bundle of sticks or a person who pretends to be homosexual to make fun of homosexuals.

Edited by Emo/Yami

I think the bible is a bunch of lies and that religion ruins the chance at a peaceful society.

I believe that the bible is true, but many Christians use it out of context today and make Christianity as a whole look a lot worse than it actually is. Many of us act hateful/judgemental/stubborn toward others, which is exactly what the bible tells us not to do. So, in a sense, I can see where you're coming from on the second half of that, but I just thought I'd throw in my two cents. I know it's tough, and kinda our fault sometimes, but please don't think we're all intolerant and hateful.

I believe that the bible is true, but many Christians use it out of context today and make Christianity as a whole look a lot worse than it actually is. Many of us act hateful/judgemental/stubborn toward others, which is exactly what the bible tells us not to do. So, in a sense, I can see where you're coming from on the second half of that, but I just thought I'd throw in my two cents. I know it's tough, and kinda our fault sometimes, but please don't think we're all intolerant and hateful.

I don't think everyone is that way. I have nothing against people who believe in god. I think organized religion is the problem really. I believe there is a possibility that there may be some sort of god. Just not any god any religion worships.

By the way. Thanks for not flipping out. People do that on the internet. :)

I don't think everyone is that way. I have nothing against people who believe in god. I think organized religion is the problem really. I believe there is a possibility that there may be some sort of god. Just not any god any religion worships.

Yeah, that's why a lot of us (like myself) try to keep a distinct line between 'religion' and Christianity. Religion can be whatever people say it is, but I see Christianity as a very real relationship between ourselves and our God.

"By the way. Thanks for not flipping out. People do that on the internet. :) "

^^lol trust me, I know the type. No problem, man. I don't see any reason to flip out on someone for stating their opinion. Thank you for not flipping out on me either.

Yeah, that's why a lot of us (like myself) try to keep a distinct line between 'religion' and Christianity. Religion can be whatever people say it is, but I see Christianity as a very real relationship between ourselves and our God.

"By the way. Thanks for not flipping out. People do that on the internet. :) "

^^lol trust me, I know the type. No problem, man. I don't see any reason to flip out on someone for stating their opinion. Thank you for not flipping out on me either.

Yeah I have no problem with the people like you. It's the religion folk that think they are all high and mighty.

Yeah I have no problem with the people like you. It's the religion folk that think they are all high and mighty.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. It bugs me too, when people act like that. We're all human, after all. Just because someone's 'religious' doesn't make them any better than anyone else. It's a dangerous and inconsiderate mindset that I don't like at all.

I hate how people are so blind and act like jerks towards the nicer people.

Even though everyone I've been around has known each other for a few years now, some of them can't see people for who they are like others can.

I don't even understand how they would make fun of them, because the people they hurt aren't mean, and they aren't dumb, and the aren't ugly or anything that you would expect someone to make fun of you for.

I'm one of those people who always tries to stay on everyone's good side, but if there's somebody messing with my good friends I'm not afraid to stand up for them.

Stupid people make fun of the smart people, and personally I'd rather be with the smart people, even if that means I'd be brought down.

if you have family, friends or anyone you knew that died on that day because of the attacks. You have a reason to mourn. You have a reason to be upset.

Quite frankly this is the only sound idea in you "unpopular opinion"

I'm indifferent. I don't care. Yes it was a tragedy. Yes it was awful. But guess what, we're terrorists too. We've killed more people in Middle Eastern countries in response to the attack than people that actually died in the attack. We invaded other countries and terrorized them. We did what they did to us, to them, and for much longer than a day.

We did nothing to anyone, to deserve what happened on 9/11, they came over here and attacked our people for no reason. The casualties that have occurred are a direct result of guerilla warfare. When you have so many enemy insurgents disguised as civilians casualties on both sides are to be expected. It's even more so when those countries are housing and protecting them. Bare in mind 9/11 was not the first attempted attack it was just the first successful attempt, in 1993 Al'Quaeda detonated a bomb by the north tower intending to knock it down into the other one. So it's not like we just decided to go overseas for no reason and continued to attack them just for the hell of it.

If anything, this should be a day to reflect on our country's bad choices and the destruction it has caused to others.

I just don't understand why people are so patriotic on this day. It's just

Why suddenly today?

As well, some people take it too far and attack American Muslims because of this day.

Seriously that just

Sighs

It may not be the intent of your statement but the statement itself suggests that America deserved what it got and should go into timeout to think about what it's done. Yes our country has had it's fair share of mistakes, however at the end of the day we not only help the rest of the world on a massive scale but we are expected to do it. Our country is drowning in debt but the first time something goes wrong in the world the US is the first one willing to help. For what it's worth I think we have given enough contribution back to the world to atone for our faults.

What you need to realize is people gravitate and unite in the face of adversity, the same thing happened with the attack on Pearl Harbor. Human nature incites patriotism that's how it has always been and it's not going to change. You’re always going to have your extremist in any group, but you can't hold a whole country accountable for those few.

there's a difference between having an opinion and trying to lessen another human being's worth

your opinion stops being just an opinion when you ignore basic human rights

I think you need to stop and consider your own advice, your most likey going to ignore everything I've said but consider this.

You say that everyone but the people who have lost someone in 9/11 should get over it. By making those statements you devalue the memories of the countless men, women, and children who were lost that day. You lessen the heroic efforts of those who selflessly sacrificed themselves to save the lives of others and not themselves. You also ignore the sacrifices made by the men and women who are overseas right now making sure that you and I are safe and have the leisure of coming onto this site every day.

I doubt you would be saying any of this if you personally witnessed some of the people jumping from unimaginable heights to their death in order to take the quicker way out. Would you say that if you saw the day care center that was by the tower demolished leaving countless infants lying dead in the street. What if you saw it literally raining flesh and limbs from the planes explosions how would you feel.

I think you only look at the small issues but when you make statements like that but it’s time that you consider what the bigger picture is and how it effects you.

Quite frankly this is the only sound idea in you "unpopular opinion"

We did nothing to anyone, to deserve what happened on 9/11, they came over here and attacked our people for no reason. The casualties that have occurred are a direct result of guerilla warfare. When you have so many enemy insurgents disguised as civilians casualties on both sides are to be expected. It's even more so when those countries are housing and protecting them. Bare in mind 9/11 was not the first attempted attack it was just the first successful attempt, in 1993 Al'Quaeda detonated a bomb by the north tower intending to knock it down into the other one. So it's not like we just decided to go overseas for no reason and continued to attack them just for the hell of it.

It may not be the intent of your statement but the statement itself suggests that America deserved what it got and should go into timeout to think about what it's done. Yes our country has had it's fair share of mistakes, however at the end of the day we not only help the rest of the world on a massive scale but we are expected to do it. Our country is drowning in debt but the first time something goes wrong in the world the US is the first one willing to help. For what it's worth I think we have given enough contribution back to the world to atone for our faults.

What you need to realize is people gravitate and unite in the face of adversity, the same thing happened with the attack on Pearl Harbor. Human nature incites patriotism that's how it has always been and it's not going to change. You’re always going to have your extremist in any group, but you can't hold a whole country accountable for those few.

I think you need to stop and consider your own advice, your most likey going to ignore everything I've said but consider this.

You say that everyone but the people who have lost someone in 9/11 should get over it. By making those statements you devalue the memories of the countless men, women, and children who were lost that day. You lessen the heroic efforts of those who selflessly sacrificed themselves to save the lives of others and not themselves. You also ignore the sacrifices made by the men and women who are overseas right now making sure that you and I are safe and have the leisure of coming onto this site every day.

I doubt you would be saying any of this if you personally witnessed some of the people jumping from unimaginable heights to their death in order to take the quicker way out. Would you say that if you saw the day care center that was by the tower demolished leaving countless infants lying dead in the street. What if you saw it literally raining flesh and limbs from the planes explosions how would you feel.

I think you only look at the small issues but when you make statements like that but it’s time that you consider what the bigger picture is and how it effects you.

I actually agree with you, but I did not intend to say that we deserved what happened in 9/11, nor am I forcing anyone to get over it. It was a terrible event and people can be upset, they can mourn, they can be patriotic! But I don't see the reason, they may, but I don't, therefore I'm indifferent. I don't mean to look on anyone who pays tribute to soldiers this day and pays respects to people. It's just not a big deal to me. Keyword: Me. No one has to agree with me. Personally, I feel like we should move on, but that's me. This is my own opinion. I don't feel effected by what I happen, therefore I just don't care. But I don't mean to say others can't care either. Whatever their reasons may be, I respect that.

As well, adressing the whole 'America jumps in to help whenever another country is in trouble deal', I really think we need to stop doing that because we're just

helping countries who a lot of times don't need or want our help (I understand some ask for it, or desperately need it) and we just should focus on fixing our own problems instead of getting into everyone else's

I think people should at least have a working knowledge of the military. Nobody has to be an expert or anything, but I think it's just ridiculous when people are like "LOL THE MARINES? WUT R THOSE THERE'S ONLY THE ARMY AND NAVY STUPID." and I have had high school friends who think that. I mean, they are the people who let you live your life the way you do, rather than have to worry about stepping on a landmine or something. We know the basics of what police, firemen, teachers, engineers, scientists, doctors, vetrinarians, psychologists, and the like do. People should, whether they like the military or not, know about it. Just because people hate algebra doesn't mean they shouldn't learn it. But that's just my opinion.

I actually agree with you, but I did not intend to say that we deserved what happened in 9/11, nor am I forcing anyone to get over it. It was a terrible event and people can be upset, they can mourn, they can be patriotic! But I don't see the reason, they may, but I don't, therefore I'm indifferent. I don't mean to look on anyone who pays tribute to soldiers this day and pays respects to people. It's just not a big deal to me. Keyword: Me. No one has to agree with me. Personally, I feel like we should move on, but that's me. This is my own opinion. I don't feel effected by what I happen, therefore I just don't care. But I don't mean to say others can't care either. Whatever their reasons may be, I respect that.

As well, adressing the whole 'America jumps in to help whenever another country is in trouble deal', I really think we need to stop doing that because we're just

helping countries who a lot of times don't need or want our help (I understand some ask for it, or desperately need it) and we just should focus on fixing our own problems instead of getting into everyone else's

Well by posting that opinion you do exactly the opposite, when you make public opinions your indirectly asking people to take what you say into consideration.

Your opinion may only apply to yourself, but you still have to think about how others may feel about it when you make it known to other people. For example you posting your indifference to the situation in that 9/11 thread was strictly uncalled for especially seeing how it was a tribute to mourn and remember all the event had cost us.

You yourself acknowledge that people have the right to mourn and be upset. When you posted "I'm completely indifferent to this day" you took away that right by question why people bother with the day. Like I said before you need to learn to differentiate when and where your opinion is appropriate to post. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion but just know that your opinion can effect others.

Edited by Troldemort

I wish we can all solve our problems through negotiating until we reach an understanding instead of resorting to war. yes im a pacifist we can solve our problems without violence

Well by posting that opinion you do exactly the opposite, when you make public opinions your indirectly asking people to take what you say into consideration.

Your opinion may only apply to yourself, but you still have to think about how others may feel about it when you make it known to other people. For example you posting your indifference to the situation in that 9/11 thread was strictly uncalled for especially seeing how it was a tribute to mourn and remember all the event had cost us.

You yourself acknowledge that people have the right to mourn and be upset. When you posted "I'm completely indifferent to this day" you took away that right by question why people bother with the day. Like I said before you need to learn to differentiate when and where your opinion is appropriate to post. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion but just know that your opinion can effect others.

Ze didn't take anyone's rights. And people shouldn't be affected by hir post. I mean when I see everyone talking about this day and how sad it is, I don't change my opinion/ to suddenly feel sorry for what happened due to how another person/group of people feels.

I hope you realize that this is the UNPOPULAR opinions thread

I have every right to voice my own opinions, and I'm not taking anyone else's right to voice their own or force them to change their own.

And frankly, people get offended over every opinion. No one's going to stop voicing them, no one's going to stop getting offended. If one opinion affects them so much, then they really should think about what they are doing.

I hate how people are so blind and act like jerks towards the nicer people.

Even though everyone I've been around has known each other for a few years now, some of them can't see people for who they are like others can.

I don't even understand how they would make fun of them, because the people they hurt aren't mean, and they aren't dumb, and the aren't ugly or anything that you would expect someone to make fun of you for.

I'm one of those people who always tries to stay on everyone's good side, but if there's somebody messing with my good friends I'm not afraid to stand up for them.

Stupid people make fun of the smart people, and personally I'd rather be with the smart people, even if that means I'd be brought down.

Usually, when people make fun of others, they do that to feel better about themselves.

They think that the people that they make fun of have a better life than them, and they want them to understand their pain.

Usually it's problems with the family (domestic violence and such).