Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Deadshot

Film Top 25 Disney animated film list (Updated 12/12/2013)

Ok here's my rules for my list
-It's my opinion but i would love to here your take but don't trash my picks and read and repect my list you don't have to agree to it.
-Live action count if they animated main character like Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and Song of the South
-Pixar counts but studio ghibli doesn't but i do love there films
-You can have sequels on list like toy story's and The Rescuers
- It only has to pubished by Disney so films like The Nightmare before Christmas and The Brave Little Toaster count.
- Anyway i love most Disney movies so this list wasn't easy but i hope you enjoy
Here's Runner's up
30)The Great mouse detective
29)Finding Nemo
28)Fox and the hound
27)Robin Hood
26)Up

25) Fantasia

Release date(s): November 13, 1940
What? Not in top 10, what am I thinking? Well it’s great artsy film with some great moments that affects animated films from that point on but some parts of fantasia are boring. If I found some parts boring why did I put on list well I have to say its part I like are amazing and the animation is rock solid. If this film never got made it we wouldn’t some great movies from that point on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvhAaxmjdpc

24) 101 Dalmatians
Release date(s): January 25, 1961
Another beautifully animated Disney film with great animation characters and designs. The characters are great especially the villains and songs are quite catchy. The story is simple and nice to watch which makes it hold well over time. It might have not been as risky as other Disney projects but it was still enjoyable and treat to watch.

23) Aladdin
Release date(s): November 25, 1992
Where to begin with Aladdin, well I guess we will have to talk about Robin Williams who made Genie one of Disney’s most famous characters. You also have Jafar and Iago who are entertaining and make movie even better. I know this film gets criticizes but I do find it quite enjoyable film and every fun movie to watch with your family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySW9nUUPt98

22) The Little Mermaid

Release date(s): November 14, 1989
This is one of most important Disney films ever made without this there wouldn’t a Beauty and the beast, lion king and Aladdin. This film proved that Disney could see make Disney animated classical when if it’s Under the Sea. The film is great and does a lot special things with great villain. Its must see for any Disney fan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oU85k7oOCo

21) The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Release date(s):March 11, 1977
So why is Winnie the Pooh on list and why is ranked higher than movies like Up, fantasia and finding nemo. Well there is certain charm about Winnie the Pooh, it reminds of my childhood and has great nostalgia feel. The characters are cute and likeable. The adventures they get in are so fun to watch and are great for all ages to watch. No film will have charm this film had and that’s why it makes it on my top 25 Disney animated movies list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixeuHn9keAs

Edited by Deadshot

Part 2

20) Sleeping Beauty

Release date(s):January 29, 1959

What? Ocelot, do you hate all of Disney classics. No! No I don’t this film is last princess film Walt Disney worked on and created one of the greatest Disney villains. Not being invited to birthday party is always a good reason to be evil that’s what my friends to me when I killed last kid who didn’t invite to his birthday party. Anyway back to this film it’s dark and as kickass fight but what’s point Phillip really! A kid that’s 10 years old can do what he did with help he got but with that I got to say it’s great film and has to be on the list.(also birthday cake scene is a win)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aY7FXpoJCE

19) Bambi

Release date(s): August 13, 1942

Bambi is classical film and in my opinion is about nature/animals on how they run their lives even if stuff doesn’t go as planned. This film as many great moments and as one of my favorite Disney songs in it. It also surprised and depressed a lot people with Bambi’s mother. The characters are likely and have charm. Its film that changes animated films and it holds well over time. It’s too bad it wasn’t successful film when it came out but now it’s known as classical and for good reason.(Too bad last 20 min wasn't as good at the rest)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=168kHWL-GXw

18) The Jungle Book

Release date(s): October 18, 1967

The first film released after Walt Disney’s death had to be good one and guess what it was. The songs didn’t miss a beat and characters are fun, great and there were a lot for them. The Jungle Book is one of more interesting Disney film because main character isn’t as likable as others but that’s just me.That being said this film is great and if haven’t seen go do it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QKUDa881zI

17) Peter Pan

Release date(s): February 5, 1953

Did you know Michael Jackson favorite Disney film was peter pan. Did that affect choice hell no I could care less about what movies he likes why I brought this up I don’t really know. Peter Pan as tons of great scenes especially when Captain Hook does/try’s to do really evil things. Peter Pan is evil kid by the way he cut off hooks hand and gives it to crocodile that’s sick but any way films great and at has some of best scenes in any Disney movie period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNd6GCNBtc0

16) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Release date(s): December 21, 1937

The first Disney film ever made was one of their best even if you don’t like this film without this there never be kh or any other film on this list. All characters interesting and you want to know more about them. It has so many iconic scenes that i love even deleted scenes are great. That’s why it’s in top 20 and it maybe should have been in top 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT68BE6Rr_Y&feature=fvst

15) Pinocchio

Release date(s): February 7, 1940

A lot of critics say this was perfection by Disney and it’s hard to argue with them. It tells one of the best done stories in Disney’s line- up and animation is one of best out there. This film packs everything you would need in film and it does it all end which is why I am proud to put it on this list and that’s all got to say about it.

14) The Rescuers

Release date(s): June 22, 1977

This was pretty forgotten movie but it deserves to be remembering as one of greatest and darkest Disney’s films ever made. The Rescuers songs are masterly written and always feeling different from the rest. It was breath of fresh air when people were staring to forget about Disney. Again I say it; it has humor, drama, action, romance and everything else you need to make great film. It has moonshine and crazy woman who wants to find diamonds so you know it’s good. It also had naked woman in the film that got people mad but who cares your kids are going to see them someday might as well put it in one of best Disney films ever made.(Sequel is one of few great Disney sequels see it, John Candy in it.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-DU-64LI8w&feature=related

13) Toy Story 3

Release date(s): June 12, 2010

You’re either thinking I but this film too high or too low. I know some people didn’t like this film and those people need to watch it again its great film. What makes this film so great can be told to you in final scene where Andy gives his away it almost made me cry and I’m a man (punch).It was one of best scenes in any Disney film and the perfect way to end off Toy story trilogy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grSg8cd8v-Q

12) Dumbo

Release date(s): October 23, 1941

In my opinion Dumbo is sadder film than Bambi because scenes with Dumbo and his mother are so touching and you feel for those characters way more than you do for Bambi and his mom .Dumbo mixes in little of everything that a movie needs pulls it off so well. Songs are great and memorable, it also closes film has gotten to make me cry. The characters are great and do good job investing you in the characters you really feel sad for Dumbo and what’s he is going though. This is why Dumbo made it on top 25 Disney film list.

11) Wall-e

Release date(s): June 23, 2008

This film did what few animated film have done it had main character saying anymore about same of Pokémon would say and do it well. Wall-e is truly masterpiece and very powerful movie. It shows what can happen if humans continue to be lazy and get fat. The robots were likeable, the villain reminded me Hal. It was also very beautiful film and it felt like classical the day it came out. This film is more of adult film then mere children’s movie and it’s great for animated movies to do that. I could talk about what Wall-e did right but going to end it here by saying Wall-e is one of easiest picks for this list.

2nd last part

10) Alice in Wonderland

Release date(s): July 26, 1951

What can I say about this movie it’s great? It’s crazy and fun movie where it seems like anything can happen and enjoy almost every moment of it. The movie at time got bashed by critics but I don’t care they can get hit by truck if there still alive (Joking).This is one of first fantasy films I’ve watched and it’s still one of my favorites. There’s a lot more I can say but I will conclude by saying it’s just very fun, random and wonderful movie where you don’t know what’s going to happen if you’re kid which is why I had to put it on the list. This film also had tons of great quotes.

9) Lady and the Tramp

Release date(s): June 22, 1955

One of best love stories ever made would be about Dogs quite odd but this film does everything right and I don’t care what those fatcat critics in 50’s said about the movie. It’s charming, funny and romantically which is what film was going for. It also has one of most famous scenes in any Disney movie which is why I was given for my list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrl844rONx0

8 The hunchback of Notre Dame

Release date(s): June 21, 1996

You might be thinking self again you placed this film quite high of your list why? Well your thinking too hard just relaxed and let me explain. This is the darkest Disney movies ever made and one of the most evil Disney villains in frollo who calls the hero of film a freak and he burns down almost all of Paris over a woman and sings hellfire which is just chilling. I love the songs in this movie they all have different feeling and are just so great to listen too. This film is one of most underrated movies when it shouldn’t be and I hope you guys and gals give the film a chance and watch it and then you will have to agree that it’s great film and should be on this list. Even if film sucks just for hellfire it deserves its spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyS3weMlxLA

7)Toy Story 2

Release date(s): November 24, 1999

How do you make sequel to a masterpiece and make it as good I don’t know talk to Pixar they did it. Everything in Toy Story 2 is better than or just as good as its original in acting, animation, plot and characters. The new characters are likeable and feel like the always belonged in toy story universe. The film keeps everything that made Toy story great and build on it. What more can you ask from sequel that what you got in Toy Story 2 and keeping its own identity.

6) The Incredibles

Release date(s): October 27, 2004

If you want to see Fantastic Four done right in movie watch this. I don’t hide my love for comic books so you would think Pixar +comic book heroes = great movie. Well it does taking a lot of cues from comics the Incredibles creates one of best Superhero families ever created. The film has very entraining story with a lot of comic references. Syndrome is greatest villain Pixar as ever created and is one most interesting animated villains. The incredible isn’t just great animated film is also one of best superhero movies ever made too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBIMQxsJb_s

5)The Nightmare before Christmas

Release date(s): October 15, 1993

The first time I watched this film I didn’t like it but I gave another chance and I love the film. The art style is beautiful the songs add to story instead of being just catchy. The characters are great and some of best in any Disney movie. The film has its own charm and does tons of great things that seem unnoticeable. This film seems to be like love it or hate it movie and I simply love it. It also has only of best opening to any Disney movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpvdAJYvofI

4) The Lion King

Release date(s): June 15, 1994

The lion king is one of greatest animated films ever made. The animation is rock solid, the acting is perfect, and the characters feel real and well done, the songs are crisp and catchy. Scar is one of best Disney villains and actually succeeds at his plan which was nice to see happen in a movie. The plot is easily in top 5 best plots in Disney movie. All these reasons and more is why the lion king is on the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0AiN8vrn9Y

3) Who framed Roger Rabbit?

Release date(s): June 22, 1988

But Ocelot it’s not an animated movie to that I say I don’t care but I will explain I choice. It does have animation in it; it’s the only time to will see WB and Disney agree to do something like this and it’s about how animation started and if toons and humans lived together. It’s one of my favorite films for this reason and it is best movie that mixes animation with live action. So if you haven’t watched this movie, I would go out and watch it after to finish reading this list.This film was made for fans of animation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H9f8qUrF6w

2) Toy Story

Release date(s): November 22, 1995

Toy story is….Masterpiece, Work of genius, captures what it’s like to be kid again. I love Toy Story is truly is perfect film ranging from having great characters, story and animation showing off what Pixar can do. Toy story does everything it sets itself to do and then some. The film (am sorry I have to say this again) mixes everything it wants in its films and pulls it off so well. Toy Story is just plain and simple a great classical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB2gPZRsz0Q

1) Beauty and the Beast

Release date(s): November 13, 1991

There’s reason why people like this movie so much it’s because it’s amazing as simple as that. The animation is one of Disney’s best, the voice acting is incredible, and the characters are equally as incredible. The soundtrack is best that ever appeared in Disney film. The story is one of best ever told in animated movie. There’s so much that is great about Beauty and the Beast and it’s hard to say anything bad about film and truly a classical. I also decided to play most underrated song in the movie. (Sorry Gaston)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkzjFbKlISo

You finally finished it :D I really like your ranking. Your very fair on your order. Some of these movies I haven't seen in so long. The Hunchback of Notre Dome I only saw once when I was a kid and I really should watch it again. Oh Disney, why do you have to make it so hard to get your older movies?

Beauty and the Beast.....................

what's wrong with Beauty and the Beast?

You finally finished it :D I really like your ranking. Your very fair on your order. Some of these movies I haven't seen in so long. The Hunchback of Notre Dome I only saw once when I was a kid and I really should watch it again. Oh Disney, why do you have to make it so hard to get your older movies?

Thank you Oishii,I agree there whole disney vault thing can be quite annoying to watch there movies again.All films in top 5 were at sometime number 1.The Hunchback of Notre Dame i think is better when you are teens in yours or can uderstand everything in the movie and thing you should watch it.

Personally, I disagree with your choice of a number 1 Disney movie. To be certain, Beauty and the Beast is a good movie, but in my opinion, Pocahontas deserves that spot. The essential message that I think a lot of Disney movies hold is that no matter what you look like, we are all the same inside, we all seek the same thing. Plus, the music is totally kickass

I'm not going to be one of those people that says, "You should have put this on the list", or "Why is that on the list?. I still think it's a good list even though I haven't seen some of them, and it's your opinion. Lion King and Meet the Robinsons are my favorites Enchanted Dominion is my favorite world, so I'm glad Sleeping Beauty is on there.

I'm not going to be one of those people that says, "You should have put this on the list", or "Why is that on the list?. I still think it's a good list even though I haven't seen some of them, and it's your opinion. Lion King and Meet the Robinsons are my favorites Enchanted Dominion is my favorite world, so I'm glad Sleeping Beauty is on there.

Thank you,meet the robinsons was pretty good movie and liked how it ended with Walt Disney quote.

Update on This top 25 disney films list sometime inEarly to Mid 2012 i will make a updated version of this list with updated changes in my picks and films i forgot to put list like maybe Make Mine Music,The Muppets,Tarzen,Little Match Girl and Others could be on updated list.If you want to help me make an updated list just PM saying to want to help with new list.

Thank you,meet the robinsons was pretty good movie and liked how it ended with Walt Disney quote.

I just saw Toy Story 3 and it was great. I am a 20 year old dude, and I almost cried. I think Toy Story may be the best trilogy ever. Seriously, how did they pull this off?

Personally, I believe some of those should've been higher... *coughAladincough* But I would never actually be able to make a list like this (I would want Lion King, Tarzan, Beuaty and the Beast, Aladin, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Toy Story, The Little Mermaid, Hercules, and more all in the first 3 slots >_<). I'm actually kinda of surprised how many of those I haven't seen (well, don't remember seeing)... I now feel like a failure of a Disney fan *goes and sulks in the corner*

I just saw Toy Story 3 and it was great. I am a 20 year old dude, and I almost cried. I think Toy Story may be the best trilogy ever. Seriously, how did they pull this off?

Idk

Personally, I believe some of those should've been higher... *coughAladincough* But I would never actually be able to make a list like this (I would want Lion King, Tarzan, Beuaty and the Beast, Aladin, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Toy Story, The Little Mermaid, Hercules, and more all in the first 3 slots >_<). I'm actually kinda of surprised how many of those I haven't seen (well, don't remember seeing)... I now feel like a failure of a Disney fan *goes and sulks in the corner*

Thank You and yes i had tough time making this list

Nice making the list. You give really good points on why each movie deserves the spot the movie was placed in your list. I seen all these and I agree a lot with you. Though if I were in your shoes I would put Toy Story as number one, and Beauty and the Beast second. But still this is your list not mines, and I say it's a pretty damn good list. One again nice work.

Nice making the list. You give really good points on why each movie deserves the spot the movie was placed in your list. I seen all these and I agree a lot with you. Though if I were in your shoes I would put Toy Story as number one, and Beauty and the Beast second. But still this is your list not mines, and I say it's a pretty damn good list. One again nice work.

Thank You for kind words!

I when back and fourth on it and i when with BATB because it's a pure Disney film if that makes any sense it was close though.

Update

Top 25 Animated Disney Movies (including Pixar) (but not Studio Ghibli)

Runners-Up

Robin HoodFinding NemoPeter PanPinocchioThe Rescuers 1 and 2

25) Fantasia24) Bambi23) Snow White and Seven dwarfs22) The Little Mermaid

21)Wreck-It Ralph

20)  Lady and the Tramp

19) Alice in Wonderland

18) Aladdin

17) The Lion King

16) The Hunchback of Notre Dame

15) Fox and the hound

14) Monsters, Inc.

13) Frozen