Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
waytothexdawnx

You can now change your eye color with laser surgery… o.o

As cool as that sounds, I wouldn't do it. I think there's a reason I look the way I do, and I don't want to change that. I just prefer not to change my natural features, especially because it would make me feel like a fake. I don't like dyeing my hair, and I don't plan to ever get plastic surgery, and I especially don't want to change the color of my eyes. I even think tanning is overrated, but that's a different story. :P Wearing wigs and color contacts once in a while is enough for me.

But hey, more power to those who hate their natural eye color and can afford the procedure! ;)

The only thing they could do now is remove pigments. That has its merits but couldn't generate any new colours like orange, which is the only reason I would conceivably use it. We also don't know the side effects, and eyes aren't really something most people would want to gamble with.

So it gets rid of brown pigment? I wonder how that would work with me. I have green-brown eyes, so if they did that would they just be green? Maybe I would have it done at the same time as getting laser treatment for my vision. It depends on the risks. It doesn't sound so safe right now. But since you have to be older to get your vision corrected that would give many years for me to consider it.

I heard about that. From what I heard, I don't think it was tested enough. Right after having it done, the people who were tested on could be fine. However, who knows how their eyesight will be 20 years from now? I don't think it's a safe idea to have that procedure done, and I wouldn't do it anyways. I don't want blue eyes, and I wouldn't pay $5,000 for any cosmetic reason.

As much as my brown eyes are normal and usual and plain. I wouldn't do it. You don't know if you're gonna have a side effect that other people might have or might not have as well. I like m Chocolate-brown eyes the way they are.

Also refference to the article:

so what if brown eyes are opaque?! They're still nice and beautiful in the sunlight sometimes. D:< /rantover

So it gets rid of brown pigment? I wonder how that would work with me. I have green-brown eyes, so if they did that would they just be green? Maybe I would have it done at the same time as getting laser treatment for my vision. It depends on the risks. It doesn't sound so safe right now. But since you have to be older to get your vision corrected that would give many years for me to consider it.

Maybe they would be blue-green! That could be really cool! ^.^ But hey, hazel eyes are awesome! I don't see (no pun intended) why you'd want to change that. :P