Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

KH3D Kingdom Hearts 3D shown in Famitsu Weekly

Update 3: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance was featured in the latest issue of Famitsu Weekly, with a 6-page article. We now have perfect, high-resolution scans of this article, scanned and uploaded by KH13.com. If you use these images anywhere, please link back to KH13. Thankyou, and enjoy:

december-8-2011&i=Page+1.jpg&w=150&q=75& december-8-2011&i=Page+2.jpg&w=150&q=75& december-8-2011&i=Page+3.jpg&w=150&q=75& december-8-2011&i=Page+4.jpg&w=150&q=75& december-8-2011&i=Page+5.jpg&w=150&q=75& december-8-2011&i=Page+6.jpg&w=150&q=75&

A recap of what we've learnt

- There are two known Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3D, "La Cité des Cloches" from The Hunchback of Notre-Dame and "Pranksters' Paradise" from Pinocchio.

- In La Cité des Cloches, the characters confirmed to appear are: Quasimodo, Esmeralda, Phoebus, Claude Frollo and the gargoyles.

- In Pranksters' Paradise, the characters confirmed to appear are: Pinocchio, Blue Fairy, Geppetto and Jiminy Cricket. Of course, Sora and Riku appear in both.

- New Dream Eaters were announced! Nightmares: Zou Elephant, Dokudoku Lizard, Ice Penguin, Dragon Horse and Neko Cat. Spirits: Yagi Horn and Hari Lion.

Make sure you look at the scans though, they are very beautiful! Also, feel free to discuss this news at our forum.

---

Update 2: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance was featured in the latest issue of Famitsu Weekly. This article announced a Pinocchio world, called Prankster's Paradise, and various Dream Eaters, and Disney characters which will appear in the game. We now have 18 new scans of this article for you, all in high quality. These were found by KH13.com on 2ch.net. Enjoy!

As you can see from the various screenshots, Kingdom Hearts 3D looks to be amazing! Make sure you discuss this news on our forums.

Update: We now have some translations of the scans! These are thanks to SQEX☆GAL, and Oishii from KH13.

The Hunchback of Notredame world: “Le Cité des Cloches”

Appearing Characters

Quasimodo – The young man confined within Notredame Cathedral. He favors Esmeralda who helped him despite his appearance.

Esmeralda – A beautiful gypsy girl who loves her freedom. She has a strong sense of justice and has caught the eye of Frollo.

Phoebus – The skilled captain of the guard who was summoned by Frollo. Frollo orders him to eradicate the gypsies from the city, but he gradually begins to disobey.

Claude Frollo – He is a judge with substantial control of the city. Because of his hatred of gypsies, his methods of removing them become violent.

There are great number of scenes including Sora telling Quasimodo to run, Riku meeting Esmeralda, and others involving Sora and Riku.

Pinocchio world: “Prankster’s Paradise”

Appearing Characters

Blue Fairy – The fairy who breathes life into Pinocchio even though he is a doll.

Pinocchio – Having forgotten the promise he made to Geppetto and Jiminy, he accidently becomes dazed by fun things.

Geppetto – He is a craftsman that makes wooden toys. He creates Pinocchio and comes to love him like his own son.

Jiminy Cricket – A cricket residing in Geppetto’s home. He was ordered by the Blue Fairy to educate Pinocchio. This Jiminy Cricket does not have the memories of the Jiminy Cricket that traveled alongside Sora and company in the previous adventures.

There are scenes around the circus entrance and within the circus tent, as well as Sora and Riku talking with the Blue Fairy, Pinocchio, and Jiminy Cricket.

System Reality Shift

In battle, attack the same enemy consecutively. When you lock on to specific objects, a special lock on marker appears. When that happens, you can use the special command “Reality Shift” by pressing the X and A buttons. During that, Sora/Riku disappear from the battle and special actions take place on the lower screen. The Reality Shift command introduced is called “Holy Rope”. Using it, you tie up targets in a line on the bottom screen, then on the top screen a chain appears to attack the enemies one after another in the way you drew it.

Dream Eaters

There are ally and enemy Dream Eaters introduced in battle. Nightmares are enemies, Spirits are allies.

Nightmares

Zou Elephant – An elephant with jutting, purple tusks. It attacks with its large body and long nose. Its long range attacks like firing rocks are its strong points. If you meet the requirements by partnering with a large Dream Eater, you can invoke the “Blow Off” technique to combat it. After twirling your Dream Eater ally around, you can fling it at the enemy.

Dokudoku Lizard (Poisonous Lizard) – A Dream Eater that resembles a fancy purple salamander. From above, it sprinkles poison in a wide range, and can also attack by stretching its long, poisonous tongue.

Ice Penguin – It is dark gray, yellow, and green around its back and belly, with a purple riveted ring around its neck. Sliding across the ground, it attacks within the area it surrounds. It will also abruptly make blocks of ice surround its body.

Dragon Horse – A nightmare resembling a seahorse. It attacks by shooting water like balls from its mouth.

Neko Cat – The nightmare version is violet. It moves around sneakily; if you come in contact with the lightning balls it drops you receive damage.

Spirits

Goat Horn – A dream eater’s whose horns resemble a wind instrument. It’s cooperating technique envelopes the Keyblade in flames which make it more powerful.

Thorn Lion – A lion Dream Eater with a prickly mane and flat feet. A technique where the lion’s thorn tail can be brandished by Sora is introduced.

Techniques: By filling up the pink gauge you can execute co-op techniques with your ally Dream Eaters. For instance, Sora can ride atop a Dream Eater, and Riku can absorb the Dream Eaters to power himself up.

Quotes from screenshots

Pinocchio to Riku: "From Jiminy I’ve learned many important things."

Sora to Fairy Godmother: "Ah, yeah.... Are you a goddess?"

Jiminy to Sora: "Hm? Who are you? There aren’t supposed to be children here."

Gargoyle to Sora: "Am I not supposed to talk?!"

Captain Phoebus to Riku: "How shameful to rely on a kid."

???: "Judge Frollo, this is serious!"

Previously, we announced that Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance would be shown in Famitsu Weekly magazine, with the announcement of a new world. This announcement came earlier in Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine, however, scans of the Famitsu Weekly have finally surfaced!

The article again announces the Pinocchio world for Kingdom Hearts 3D, called Prankster's Paradise. It also goes into detail on various Dream Eaters, and has many screenshots. Rather than explaining, we'll let the scans speak for themselves.

We also have a list of Dream Eaters featured in the issue, thanks to 速報@保管庫(Alt).

- Zou Elephant (Nightmare)

- Dokudoku Trombone (Nightmare)

- Ice Penguin (Nightmare)

- Tatsu Horse (Nightmare)

- Neko Cat (Nightmare)

- Yagi Horn (Spirit)

- Hari Lion (Spirit)

So many pokemon to fight.

YES!!! :D FINALLY!!!! :lol:

I see a circus.

Dumbo maybe? ;) Or just Pinocchio's world?

Well, there was a circus in Pinocchio's movie.

I can't wait to see higher quality scans. <3

However... did we see this many Unversed before Birth by Sleep was out? I just find it odd we're getting so much info on the critters and not on new worlds. I mean... has the official site even updated? =/

This game is going to have massive kick assatuded i cant wait the new shots with sora and quasie about the fight it looks like and sora talking to the three gargoayles thats going to be great i just cant wait for this game and for next month!!!

Awesome! Although, I always thought the 3 gargoyles were just part of Quasimodo's imagination. I really need to watch the movie again. But still, great to see the scans!

So many screenshots... I can't wait until we get some high resolution scans x3

I'm guessing the seahorse dream eater is Tatsu Horse, which I really want! He's so cute ^^

Awesome! Although, I always thought the 3 gargoyles were just part of Quasimodo's imagination. I really need to watch the movie again. But still, great to see the scans!

They are to the best of my knowledge. I think it's obvious by at the end, when Quasi's given up and doesn't want to see them, they turn back to stone. I think they were just a way he kept from being too lonely or from going insane. But KH will probably make them "real". I don't mind, but I liked the original reason for them. It was so different than any other Disney sidekicks.

They are to the best of my knowledge. I think it's obvious by at the end, when Quasi's given up and doesn't want to see them, they turn back to stone. I think they were just a way he kept from being too lonely or from going insane. But KH will probably make them "real". I don't mind, but I liked the original reason for them. It was so different than any other Disney sidekicks.

Well, it's possible that the original reason for them won't be lost. If they are from his imagination, they can be considered "day-dreams" of his. So maybe in the world of sleep they become real.

Well, it's possible that the original reason for them won't be lost. If they are from his imagination, they can be considered "day-dreams" of his. So maybe in the world of sleep they become real.

I love that idea! It would be true to the original, and make since with 3D. I hope they do that! Either that, or maybe they can explain how people's strong emotions can will things into being. You know, like Scar's Ghost.

the gargoyles are not part of quasimodos imagination they are real. if you saw the first movie you would see that hugo i believe thats is name the fat one grabs esmareldas pet goats tail and the goat turns and sees him as a statue again and in the second movie the girl that quasi loves sees them when they are alive so they are not imaginary they are real

I finally finished my homework today so I translated some of the screenshots and blurbs.

Pinocchio to Riku

"From Jiminy I’ve learned many important things."

Sora to Fairy Godmother

Ah, yeah.... Are you a goddess?

Jiminy to Sora

Hm? Who are you? There aren’t supposed to be children here.

Star above Sora

Together with Sora during his adventure comes Jiminy. However, in this world, he doesn’t have his memories.

Star below Riku

Riku, like Jiminy with Pinocchio, thinks about the importance about his own existence. (couldn't think of a good way to phrase the Jiminy/Pinocchio part of the sentence x.x)

The other pages are too blurry to make out, but when we get some better quality ones I'll probably translate the rest.

Update: We now have some translations of the scans! These are thanks to SQEX☆GAL, and Oishii from KH13.

The Hunchback of Notredame world: “Le Cité des Cloches”

Appearing Characters

Quasimodo – The young man confined within Notredame Cathedral. He favors Esmeralda who helped him despite his appearance.

Esmeralda – A beautiful gypsy girl who loves her freedom. She has a strong sense of justice and has caught the eye of Frollo.

Phoebus – The skilled captain of the guard who was summoned by Frollo. Frollo orders him to eradicate the gypsies from the city, but he gradually begins to disobey.

Claude Frollo – He is a judge with substantial control of the city. Because of his hatred of gypsies, his methods of removing them become violent.

There are great number of scenes including Sora telling Quasimodo to run, Riku meeting Esmeralda, and others involving Sora and Riku.

Pinocchio world: “Prankster’s Paradise”

Appearing Characters

Blue Fairy – The fairy who breathes life into Pinocchio even though he is a doll.

Pinocchio – Having forgotten the promise he made to Geppetto and Jiminy, he accidently becomes dazed by fun things.

Geppetto – He is a craftsman that makes wooden toys. He creates Pinocchio and comes to love him like his own son.

Jiminy Cricket – A cricket residing in Geppetto’s home. He was ordered by the Blue Fairy to educate Pinocchio. This Jiminy Cricket does not have the memories of the Jiminy Cricket that traveled alongside Sora and company in the previous adventures.

There are scenes around the circus entrance and within the circus tent, as well as Sora and Riku talking with the Blue Fairy, Pinocchio, and Jiminy Cricket.

System Reality Shift

In battle, attack the same enemy consecutively. When you lock on to specific objects, a special lock on marker appears. When that happens, you can use the special command “Reality Shift” by pressing the X and A buttons. During that, Sora/Riku disappear from the battle and special actions take place on the lower screen. The Reality Shift command introduced is called “Holy Rope”. Using it, you tie up targets in a line on the bottom screen, then on the top screen a chain appears to attack the enemies one after another in the way you drew it.

Dream Eaters

There are ally and enemy Dream Eaters introduced in battle. Nightmares are enemies, Spirits are allies.

Nightmares

Zou Elephant – An elephant with jutting, purple tusks. It attacks with its large body and long nose. Its long range attacks like firing rocks are its strong points. If you meet the requirements by partnering with a large Dream Eater, you can invoke the “Blow Off” technique to combat it. After twirling your Dream Eater ally around, you can fling it at the enemy.

Dokudoku Lizard (Poisonous Lizard) – A Dream Eater that resembles a fancy purple salamander. From above, it sprinkles poison in a wide range, and can also attack by stretching its long, poisonous tongue.

Quotes from screenshots

Pinocchio to Riku: "From Jiminy I’ve learned many important things."

Sora to Fairy Godmother: "Ah, yeah.... Are you a goddess?"

Jiminy to Sora: "Hm? Who are you? There aren’t supposed to be children here."

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance was featured in the latest issue of Famitsu Weekly. This article announced a Pinocchio world, called Prankster's Paradise, and various Dream Eaters, and Disney characters which will appear in the game. We now have 18 new scans of this article for you, all in high quality. These were found by KH13.com on 2ch.net. Enjoy!

img-118_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-119_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-120_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-121_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-122_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-123_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-124_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-125_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-126_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-127_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-128_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-129_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-130_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-131_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-132_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-133_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-134_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg img-135_85_cw85_ch85_thumb.jpg

As you can see from the various screenshots, Kingdom Hearts 3D looks to be amazing! Make sure you discuss this news on our forums.