Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

KH3D Kingdom Hearts 10th Anniversary Box details revealed

Wow. I'm sorry but i think this is a mistake i mean come on? your gonna put the 2 worst games (profit wise) in the box so you can sell it more for the franchise. I think they shouldve done ALOT more i mean come on it's been freaking 10 years! I wouldve remade KH1 and possibly KH2. Dream Drop DIstance is going to save their butts though.

profit wise, Days actually sold around the same amount as BBS and CoM (GBA version)

source: http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=kingdom+hearts&publisher=&console=&genre=&minSales=0.01&results=50

I have to say, while I understand the points of the people who don't mind what's coming in the bundle, I am firmly a member of the "This is a severe disappointment" camp.

It's true they didn't have to do anything for Kingdom Hearts' 10th anniversary, but the point is that they did decide to do something, and when you decide to commemorate the 10th anniversary of a series so amazing, you want to do something equally amazing. Days and re: coded were my fourth and fifth favorite games in the series, respectively (although I personally thought coded's story was so brain-breakingly stupid and unnecessary that the only reason it isn't dead last is because it has an infinitely better gameplay style than Chain of Memories), but they're not what you want to use to represent the series, because they were two of the weaker games, and games that contributed very little to the plot.

I also understand that Nomura only ever hinted at the idea of HD remakes, much less Final Mix ones, but if that's not what he had in mind then he shouldn't have hinted at it. Remakes of Birth by Sleep, KHI, and/or KHII (the main games in the series) would have been much more fulfilling, and they also might have given us non-Japanese fans a chance to experience the Final Mixes (hopefully the games being in HD would have fulfilled the "new content" quota Sony's licensing policy requires for overseas releases of remakes). Nomura also said he wanted to do something that would make it easier for new fans to get into the series... how do Days and re: coded make the series more accessible? You have to have already played every other game in the series to really understand what's going on in those two games (and if you live outside of Japan, you still don't have the full picture). I get that Nomura's a troll, but this goes way beyond his usual dick moves... this is getting people all excited over a bundle that is ultimately subpar to what was hinted at.

Even if this does come out in America, I will most definitely not be buying it, and I really wish I could speak/write Japanese so I could send an email to Square Enix and express my deep disappointment. Maybe I'll try sending one to the American branch anyways just to vent...

I was reading about Final Fantasy's 25th anniversary, (http://andriasang.com/comztb/ff25_goods/), and it looks like they'll be giving out cards and tumblers for the occasion. This was the kind of thing I was expecting for the KH 10th anniversary box before the big reveal. I'm interested to know which do you think is more disappointing, KH's 10th anniversary items, or FF's 25th anniversary items?

I was reading about Final Fantasy's 25th anniversary, (http://andriasang.com/comztb/ff25_goods/), and it looks like they'll be giving out cards and tumblers for the occasion. This was the kind of thing I was expecting for the KH 10th anniversary box before the big reveal. I'm interested to know which do you think is more disappointing, KH's 10th anniversary items, or FF's 25th anniversary items?

I saw those cards, I really want them!!!

dose any one know if there going to release that KH box set in the US, cuz if they r I'll buy it since I didn't play days or re coded

Can people stop asking this? We honestly have no clue yet.

How the hell would I know. I haven't bought one already.

Well bc you're using the internet people assume that you have the ability to look something up.

But yes, the 3DS is backwards compatible with DS games.

On 1/27/2012 at 4:12 PM, KeybladeWeilder4 said:

WHAT!?!?! This is stupid! Its pointless! Square Enix Ports everything but they wont port Kingdom Hearts!?!? We want HD remakes! BBS in HD was like the #1 thing people wanted in Famutsa magazine!!! I was really hoping for BBS,KH1,Re;CoM, and KH2 on PS3:(

Wow I really got exactly what I wanted huh lol