Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
lighto13

KHRecoded Havent played this game yet--am I missing out?

am i missing out  

35 members have voted

1. 1. am i missing out

Personally, I enjoyed it, as the gameplay was decent for a DS action/adventure/RPG, and the story wasn't as bad as some made it out to be. As SHADOWPAIN stated though, the secret ending is ultimately all that matters. I'd give it a go if you haven't played KH1 in a while.

Re:coded's story bores me to death overall, as does Re:chain of Memories (which has a better story in my opinion)... but, I'd have to say that I would still recommend playing it. The different types of game play are interesting, and the leveling up/stat matrix system, the weapon system, and the command deck all add their own uniqueness to the game, requiring a fair bit of strategy.

Of course you are missing out on something, that's not the question you should ask yourself. It's from a series you seem to enjoy, so every word of every game's script that you didn't read would be missing out, right? You probably want to know if it's well-spent money. But to answer this question, you should really either just look up what kind of content this game offers or tell us what your minimum expectations are.

You can get anywhere between 10 and 200 hours out of this game's contents, really. And it's not as much of a collect-a-thon like KH2 and especially BBS were, there are actual things to do. Smooth and varied gameplay, nice dialogue and a story that's easy to follow. It's not too engaging, but it is also easy to play for a few minutes and then put it away. It's customizable in terms of difficulty at all times and a true portable game. A quality one at that, even if you'd completely remove "Kingdom Hearts" from it.

(Not considering the Japanese import I played beforehand I paid around 20€ and got more out of this game than I expected. Of course, if you were to spend 20€ in digital PC game purchases your playtime would far exceed Re:Coded's, but let's assume you're in it for KH, not money:playtime.

I'd say "have a go". No need to hurry, though. If you look around enough you'll definitely find a good deal and make it even more worth it. Even if it turns out to be not your kind of game you at least have another part for your collection.

You need to play all the games if you want to know what your missing, otherwise if you skip everything and go to the end you wouldn't understand it.

This doesn't really apply to Coded...

... I bought the game on day one and beat it the next day. Great game, I love it, would recommend it to anyone.

But there is no information in that game that can't be found in another.

I edit it. ^^' (Sorry)

i really enjoyed it, and if you liked the BBS command system (which this loosely follows) and the kh1 gameplay, then this game is worth picking up. spent about 40 hours getting the secret ending, even though i watched it on Youtube before xD it was still an awesome experience, im actually replaying it now to pass the time for 3D. along with BBSFM.

its not the most informative of the games but there are some things you do need to see. I say it is worth playing. better do it now while you have the time.

the story isnt that good there are no new worlds and the only new thing for the real kh story is the secret ending. the cool parts about it is that the gameplay is good and the story at some of the worlds are ok i would say get it or just watch the secret ending. i would give the game a 7 not great but not bad. still the worst kh game though

I kinda felt the same way when re:coded was first announced, so I ended up watching the secret ending on youtube.

But I'm definitely going to get it, just waiting for the right oppurtunity (Days, recoded, 3d english bundle?)

Really can't call myself a fan without having played every game, but hey whatever's best for you.

Your missing out on very little in my opinion. It just really connects KHII to 3D in a subtle way. There is a little tidbit you might want to see that may clear up some things, but it is not a MUST MUST have. If only for the secret ending.

Your missing out on very little in my opinion. It just really connects KHII to 3D in a subtle way. There is a little tidbit you might want to see that may clear up some things, but it is not a MUST MUST have. If only for the secret ending.

There are many reasons why you should/should not play this game. If youre a KH-alohic like me, youll die to play every game in the series; If youre not THAT interested you might check it out for the story and gameplay and everything....and if youre like most people who dont really care cuz barely anthing in the game movs the story along, youll watch the secret ending...Like I have. (I KNOW i sound like a hypocrite now but gee whiz, I cant afford a DS! :angry: ) Its your choice, really.

If you are looking for good gameplay give it ago, the story isn't the strongest so if you are looking for a strong story I wouldn't worry about it and the secret ending is available on youtube. But I think it's worth looking into it just for the gameplay it's really fun in my opinion xD