Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Queen Tery

Text Travis Mason

CHAPTER 11:

EXT. DEMON BRIDGE

(Travis has pulled over just on the other side of the bridge, to refill his gas tank with the reserves they stocked up in the trunk. Nat is leaning against the trunk of the car, relaxing. Anna is leaning against the other side of the car, smoking a cigarette.)

Nate: Your car gets damn good gas mileage.

Travis: Yeah, I was a mechanic back in L.A. for a while. I learned a pretty good deal about vehicles and I’ve done just about everything I could to make this vehicle the best it could be. Modified gas mileage, sturdy tires, the works.

Nate: If you were in L.A. why didn’t you just take a boat over to Tokyo? It would’ve been quicker.

Travis: Because I get seasick.

Nate: Hahaha! Wha…

(Travis quickly stands up and points at Nate.)

Travis: Shut the f*** up.

Nate: It’s cool, man!

(Travis slowly returns to filling the tank up.)

Nate: Mr. Badass over here can’t handle a little current.

Travis: Nate, I will kick your ass.

Nate: Calm yo tits, bro. I’m just joking!

(Travis shakes his head and continues to fill up his tank.)

INT. CHINA-AFTERNOON

(Travis, Nate, and Anna are driving through China. They are more than halfway through the continent, racing toward Japan. Travis is enjoying a cold beer as he blazes down the road. Anna is texting and rubbing Travis’ knee. Nate is staring out the window. Travis eventually pulls into a town that has clearly been ravaged by demons. He drives through the street, eventually happening upon a small motel that seems to have remained intact. They pull into the parking lot and the three get out of the car, stretching.)

Nate: I’ll see if they’re still open for biz.

(Travis hands him his wallet and Nate hurries off to the front door to the motel lobby.)

Anna: It’s horrible what those things are doing to the world.

(Travis nods and then turns away.)

Anna: Travis?

(Travis turns around and faces Anna.)

Anna: I don’t think you should do this…

Travis: Anna…

Anna: No! These things are tearing towns a part! You can’t keep fighting and just expect to come out alive every time!

Travis: I don’t give a shit. That bastard has ruined my life and he’s going to get what he deserves.

Anna: How did he ruin your life?! If he hadn’t had done what he did… you wouldn’t have met me. You know that right?

Travis: …If it meant I could have my childhood back, then I’m sorry but I’d rather not have met you.

(Travis walks away, leaving Anna baffled.)

INT. NATE’S ROOM-EVENING

(Nate steps out of the bathroom and rubs his stomach, when suddenly he hears a knock at the door. He strolls over to the door, belches, and then opens the door. Travis steps inside and sighs.)

Nate: What’s up?

Travis: Take this and go grab yourself some dinner.

(Travis hands Nate his wallet.)

Travis: I already grabbed some cash, Anna and I are gonna go hang out. She’s in a bad mood.

Nate: What did you do?

Travis: Why does it have to be what “I” did? Why couldn’t she have done something wrong?

Nate: Because you’re an asshole.

Travis: …I think I’m just honest. I don’t sugar coat things.

Nate: Nah, you just coat things in cyanide instead.

(Nate slaps Travis’ chest.)

Nate: You’ve got to be sensitive, man.

Travis: …You want me to be a pussy?

Nate: See you can’t say things like that. You’ve got to be smooth and kind.

Travis: A pussy?

Nate: You’re hopeless. Just get out.

(Nate shoves Travis out and then shuts the door behind him. The two go their separate ways, ready to get some food.)

EXT. MOTEL

(Travis and Anna are sitting on a blanket underneath a tree, sitting just behind the motel they’re staying at. They have a basket filled with food and glasses of champagne. Anna seems a bit frustrated, while Travis seems annoyed.)

Travis: You know, in a run-down shithole like this, getting this shit together was not easy. You should be grateful.

Anna: Did you really just TELL me when I should be grateful?

Travis: Well… you should. But… I… guess… you… aren’t…

(Travis casually takes a drink of his champagne and looks away.)

Anna: I know you were an ass in high school, but how the hell did you get worse?

Travis: Excuse me for coming to terms with my life.

Anna: You’re not accepting your life, you’re running from it! You’re chasing the goddamn past and it’s ruining any chance you have at being happy, you idiot!

Travis: Hey! I’m happy, alright?

(Travis chugs down his champagne and pours himself another glass.)

Anna: Yeah, just chase away your problems with more alcohol; real mature.

Travis: It is mature, kids can’t drink this stuff. What’s the big deal, anyway? I can’t get drunk.

Anna: Then why drink?! That completely takes the point away, dumbass!

Travis: …Alright, maybe I do get a little drunk. After like 70 shots of tequila, I feel something. Like a buzz…

Anna: Stop bullshitting me, Travis.

Travis: Alright, it doesn’t get me drunk, per say. But it numbs the pain, even just a little bit.

Anna: The pain?

Travis: Yeah, the pain, my f****** parents were killed right in front of me. It’s like you keep forgetting that semi-important piece of information.

Anna: Yeah, well so were mine, but you don’t see me shutting out the few people I have left that care about me!

Travis: …Well you have a valid argument, I suppose.

(Anna shakes her head and looks away.)

Travis: Look… I’m sorry. I do care about you, Anna. But I’m not just stopping now. I’m not letting that bastard go another day filled with that kind of satisfaction.

Anna: So you care more about taking that guy’s satisfaction away then giving me satisfaction?

Travis: …Yeah. I do. I’m sorry, but it’s just the way things are.

Anna: You are so stubborn.

Travis: I could say the same thing about you.

(Travis and Anna stare into each other’s eyes and then slowly lean toward each other.)

EXT. LOCAL BAR

(Nate staggers out the front door, stumbling forward and licking his lips.)

Nate: MMMMMM, JIU IS SOME GOOD SHIT! GOOD SHIT RIGHT HERE!

(Nate staggers toward the hotel, dancing and singing the lyrics to “I’m Sexy and I Know It.” He staggers up the stairs, heading to his room.)

Nate: I’m sexy and I know it! Hrm, brm, brm, brm, brm, brm! Hum, dum, TANNING MY CHEEKS!

(Nate slips his hand into his pocket and pulls out his room key. He puts the key into the knob and opens the door, stumbling forward. He turns around and pushes the door shut. After standing there for a moment, Nate turns around and attempts to head for the bed. He pulls Travis’ wallet out of his pocket and tosses it across the room to the dresser. But after taking two steps, he falls forward and passes out on the floor. Outside, Anna and Travis are racing toward their room. Anna slams Travis up against the door and begins to kiss his neck, repeatedly.)

Travis: You’re pretty damn aggressive.

Anna: I have to be to handle you.

(Travis fumbles around trying to get the key out, while laughing like an idiot. He puts the key in the knob(get your mind out of the gutter) and opens the door. The two leap onto the bed and don’t waste any time getting busy.)

INT. TRAVIS’ ROOM

(Travis and Anna are lying in bed, asleep after their busy night. Anna adjusts her sleeping position, while Travis remains still.)

INT. NATE’S ROOM

(Nate is still lying on the floor asleep. Suddenly, the knob on his door begins to turn. The lock on the door unlocks and a dark figure steps into the room. The figure appears to be thin and it bears long, flowing hair. It seems to be the figure of a human, but there isn’t enough light to tell. The figure steps over Nate and makes its way to the dresser. The figure picks Travis’ wallet and holds it in its hand. A red light appears in the figure’s hand and the wallet bursts into flames. The flames die out and only ashes remain. The figure clasps its hand shut and strolls out of the room, shutting the door as it leaves.)

EDIT: For those of you who have read this story before, I've changed what happened in Chapters 2 and 3. The story still goes about the same as it's been going, but the details surrounding Nate and Travis meeting are different.

CHAPTER 12:

INT. NATE’S ROOM-MORNING

(Nate is lying fast asleep on the floor, when he hears a knock at the door.)

Travis: Wake up, dipshit. We got to hit the road.

(Nate’s eyes fly open and he lifts his head off of the ground, grunting in discomfort. He places his elbows on the ground, supporting himself. He wipes the drool off of his lip with his arm and rubs his eyes with the back of his hand. He slowly gets up and blinks a few times, before stumbling backwards and grasping at his forehead. Nate walks over to the door and opens it.)

Nate: My head hurts, bro, can’t we just relax for a bit.

Travis: Blow it out your ass. You should’ve thought of that, before you decided to get wasted.

Nate: I-I was thirsty…

Travis: Alright, give me my wallet.

(Nate whines, as he reaches in his pocket. He feels around, but quickly realizes the wallet isn’t in his pocket. He looks up and squints as if trying to remember where he put it. Travis quickly becomes nervous. Nate looks over at the dresser and then rushes over to it, frantically looking around.)

Travis: Nate… where…

Nate: It was right here, man! I swear!

Travis: …Where the f*** is my wallet?!

Nate: I-I walked into the room last night and I tossed it on the dresser!

Travis: Then why did you search your pockets first?!

Nate: I forgot I had tossed it to the dresser! …I was drunk!

Travis: You f***** liar, you lost my goddamn wallet!

Nate: No, I remember…

Travis: I trusted you to hold on to that. Now we’re f****.

(Travis shakes his head and storms out of the room.)

EXT. THE MOTEL

(Travis, Nate, and Anna are standing next to Travis’ car. Travis is pacing back and forth.)

Travis: We have no money for gas, food, anything. So, I’m gonna get in that car and I’m gonna drive until my tank is empty. Then I’m gonna walk as far as I have to.

Nate: Travis…

Travis: No… you don’t have the right to tell me what to do! Not after this.

(Travis opens his door and gets in the car. Nate sighs and then he and Anna get in the car.)

EXT. JAPAN

(Travis is a few miles from the Japan/China border. Anna is texting, rapidly. She suddenly stops texting and begins to rub Travis’ leg. Nate glances at Travis, while staring out the window. He shakes his head and rubs his head. Travis appears to be quite alert, when all of the sudden he begins to blink more often than usual. Travis and Nate yawn, before adjusting their posture to a much more laid-back position. Suddenly, Travis blacks out.)

INT. JAPAN

(Travis slowly begins to wake up. He looks up to see a demon dragging him along the ground. He attempts to move his arms, but quickly realizes that he is wrapped in some odd set of black chains. Travis struggles to break free, alerting the massive demon who is holding onto his leg. The demon turns around and smiles.)

Demon: He’s awake!

(The demon then turns and slams Travis into the ground. Travis coughs, spitting out the stray dust from the barren ground that he was flung against. He opens his eyes and looks ahead to see Anna standing over him.)

Anna: I told you… you’re just too stubborn.

CHAPTER 13:

Travis: Anna?!

Nate: Travis?! What the f*** is going on?!

(Travis looks to his right and sees Nate, struggling to break out of his set of chains.)

Travis: Anna, what’s going on?!

Anna: Come one, Travis. I thought you were smarter than this. You should know by now that I’m not Anna. I’m a succubus in the service of Lucifer.

(Travis’ anger appears to be increasing at a rapid rate. Anna transforms into a seductive demon, which doesn’t look too much different from her human form. The major differences are the dark bags under her eyes, her pale skin, and frizzy hair.)

Succubus: You were so easy to fool.

Nate: So then what about the real Anna?! Or was there a real Anna…

Succubus: She’s still out there somewhere. But that’s not important. All that mattered was that we had a way to get inside Travis’ head. I was so close to getting you to slow down, but you were being quite stubborn.

Travis: You were just toying with me… You f***** bitch…

(Travis begins to glow with a red aura. The chains quickly snap a part. Travis leaps to his feet and releases a bolt of the red light from the palm of his hand at the massive demon that was dragging him along.)

Succubus: You broke the chains! Excellent! My lord will be pleased with how your power has progressed!

(Travis turns and releases a bolt of the red light at the chains wrapped around Nate. The chains dissolve and Nate rolls around, trying to put out the fire it started on his sleeves. Travis picks up his sword, which the fallen demon has dropped. The demon carrying Nate rushes at Travis, only to be cleaved in two. Travis pulls his gun out of his coat pocket and turns to face the succubus, who has transformed back into her “Anna” form. He holds the gun pointed directly in her face, as she smiles, menacingly.)

Anna: Go ahead. Can you put a bullet in the face of the one person you’ve ever truly loved?

(Travis immediately pulls the trigger, sending the bullet through the bridge of her nose. Nate stumbles back, terrified by Anna’s death.)

Nate: Holy shit! I mean… I know she wasn’t really Anna, but that… still just feels weird. Seeing her go down like that…

(Travis turns and looks at Nate and then looks past him. Nate turns and sees their car parked in the distance. Travis walks past Nate, without saying a word. Nate shakes his head and follows him to the car.)

INT. JAPAN

(Travis and Nate are driving down the road, in silence. Nate glances back and forth between the road and Travis.)

Nate: I know it wasn’t really Anna, but…

Travis: I don’t want to hear it.

Nate: Travis, you need to hear it. I’m your friend.

Travis: My friend? My friend wouldn’t have lost my f****** wallet. No, you’re an idiot.

Nate: Then why am I still here?

Travis: I don’t know. You tell me.

(Nate remains silent.)

Travis: Just sit there and shut the f…

(Suddenly, the vehicle begins to slow down. Travis checks his gas and realizes that he is on empty. Travis bites his tongue and slams his hands against the wheel, before angrily getting out of his car.)

Travis: FFFFFFFFF******************!!!!!

(Nate slowly gets out of the vehicle, as Travis gathers up his sword. Nate follows Travis down the road, both of them remain silent.)

EXT. CAR DEALERSHIP

(Travis and Nate wander for many miles until they finally reach a car dealership in the middle of nowhere. It seems to be in fair shape, considering what the rest of Japan looks like.)

INT. CAR DEALERSHIP

(Nate has remained outside, looking over the many vehicles. Travis is sitting in one of the dealer’s offices, discussing how to get a hold of a vehicle.)

Dealer: Alright, so you want the ’08 Tacoma.

(The dealer pulls the keys out of his desk and sets them on the desk as he begins to fill out the paper-work.)

Dealer: So how will you be paying?

Travis: …That’s the thing. My “friend” out there, lost all of our money. But we need this vehicle because we’re going to Tokyo to put a stop to…

Dealer: So what you’re telling me is that you can’t pay for the car?

Travis: Not yet. But once I finish up in Tokyo, I can talk to my bank…

Dealer: Hahaha! You’re going to Tokyo and you expect me to just give you one of my vehicles? You’re a f****** idiot! What so you can just die out there and not pay me back? If you’re gonna lie to a liar, come up with a better lie. Hehehehe!

(Travis clenches his fists and then slowly stands up, as the dealer begins to gather up the paper-work. He quickly pulls out his gun and puts three bullets in the dealer’s chests. He quickly reaches down and grabs the keys, rushing out of the office. As Travis bursts through the door, he sees that everyone in the dealership, including Nate heard the gun shots. He sees another dealer reach for his phone. Travis holds out his gun and puts a bullet in his chest, causing him to drop the phone.)

Nate: TRAVIS! What the f*** are you doing?!?!

(Travis rushes out the door and makes his way to the ’08 Tacoma. Nate hurries out and follows him, leaping into the passenger seat. Travis pulls out of the lot and takes off down the road.)

Nate: What the f*** was that all about?!?!

Travis: We didn’t have any money; there was no way we were getting a car!

Nate: So you f****** shot him?!?! The cops will be here any second!

Travis: No they won’t! Japan’s in so much shit right now, the cops won’t be able to organize quickly enough for a car theft. I did what I had to do! Just shut the f*** up and sit there!

(Nate looks away from Travis, trying to slow down his breathing and stop shaking. Suddenly, Nate’s fists begin to clench.)

Nate: No… no… no… I’m tired of you thinking you can just walk all over people! You’re just a whiny little bitch who thinks he can take out his anger on everyone else! F*** YOU! PULL OVER THE F****** CAR AND GET A F****** GRIP ON YOUR LIFE!!!

(Travis grows increasingly angrier. Nate reaches out and punches Travis in the face. Travis slams on the breaks and puts the truck in park. He gets out of the truck and walks around to the other side. Nate slowly opens his door, trying to gather his courage. Travis reaches out and pulls Nate out of the vehicle. He proceeds to slam Nate’s face in between the door and the vehicle, busting open the side of his face. Travis rips the door off its hinges and tosses it aside. He then grabs Nate and shoves him into the nearby chain-link fence. Nate stumbles toward Travis and puts his hands on his collar. Travis punches him in the face, causing him to do a 180 and fall into the fence.)

Travis: YOU WANT TO F****** MESS WITH ME!!!

(Travis stomps on Nate’s back, sending his chin into the top of the fence.)

Travis: You’re just some worthless piece of shit, YOUR OWN PARENTS DIDN’T EVEN WANT YOU!

(Nate falls to the ground and struggles to keep his balance, as his tears and blood fall to the ground.)

Travis: You’re no longer welcome on this trip.

(Travis leans in.)

Travis: Go home.

(Nate’s breathing becomes increasingly more rapid, as Travis turns away. Nate gets up and tries to tackle Travis. But Travis quickly turns around and kicks Nate square in the face. Nate hits the fence and struggles to get up. Travis kicks him in the gut, causing him to fall flat on his face and black out. Travis turns and gets in the truck and takes off down the road.)

Edited by Ertyx