Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Queen Tery

Text Travis Mason

***WARNING***: THIS STORY WILL CONTAIN VIOLENCE, SEXUAL CONTENT, AND INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE. IT IS A MATURE STORY.: ***WARNING***

PROLOGUE:

Travis Mason

EXT. TRAVIS’ HOME

(A young boy, about 10 years old, is riding his bike up the sidewalk. He eventually stops outside of his home and gets off of his bike. He hurries up to the door, when suddenly an odd man walks up to the driveway.)

Man: Um, excuse me young man, but are your parent’s home?

(Travis turns around and looks at the man. He has long, thin, greasy hair. His hair is combed off of his face and he is very pale. He speaks with a soft and awkward tone. The boy’s mom opens the door.)

Mom: Travis, who are you talking to?

(The man’s lips curl up to form a creepy smile.)

Man: Mariah, it’s so good to see you!

Mariah: Um, do I know you?

Man: Really? You don’t remember me? It has been a long time, I suppose! Do you mind if I come in?

Mariah: Uh, sure.

(The man makes his way toward the house, following Travis inside.)

Mariah: Do you mind telling me how you know me?

INT. TRAVIS’ HOME

(Travis, his father, and mother are tied to three individual chairs. The creepy man is punching Travis’ father in the face, brutally injuring him. Blood is flying off of his father’s cracked face. Travis and Mariah are crying, hysterically.)

Mariah: Please, stop!

(The man stops and turns to face Mariah. Travis’ father coughs blood onto the floor, barely able to breathe.)

Man: Have it your way.

(Travis watches in horror, as the man unbuttons his pants and rapes Mariah. His father is on the verge of death and has spiraled into delusion. Therefore, he doesn’t seem to notice what is going on.)

Travis: No…no, mommy! No!

(Travis whispers to himself, unable to stop the tears from pouring down his face.)

INT. TRAVIS’ HOME

(Travis watches, while the man snaps his father’s neck. Travis cries out and struggles to break free from his chair. Mariah cries out, barely able to make a sound. She too has been badly beaten by the man.)

Man: You only have yourself to blame. I only wish that you recognized me.

Mariah: I… I know exactly who you are.

(The man smiles, as if victorious. A red light seems to flicker around Travis, as he appears to be growing angrier and angrier.)

Man: Good, I had hoped you would.

(The man pulls out a knife from his pocket and slits her throat. Travis cries out, as the red light glows brighter. The man looks at the child, confused.)

Man: …Shit!

(The red light around Travis explodes outward, knocking the man through the wall and blowing up the entire house. Travis’ chair burns away in the fire, but he only falls to the ground. With his mental stability teetering on the brink, he falls unconscious.)

EXT. TRAVIS’ HOUSE REMAINS

(The firemen make it to the remains and put out the flames. They find Travis’ body, unharmed.)

Fireman #1: How the hell is he not burned?!

Chief: Hopefully, we’ll find that out later. For now, just get the kid out of here!

(The fireman hurries off, holding onto Travis.)

CHAPTER 1:

INT. LOS ANGELES-20 years later

(A group of men are playing basketball in a rundown court. They all appear to be laughing and having a good time, but the one handling the ball bounces it off of the other player’s face. The man falls to the ground and clutches his face, while the other guys laugh. The dribbler runs up to the hoop and dunks it, while one of the other players walks over and kicks the man on the ground in the stomach. The other players laugh and high five each other, while the beaten man gets up from the ground, laughing and coughing. He is a black man, wearing torn-up raggedy clothes and a beanie. He has a thin beard and fingerless gloves. He is laughing along with the other guys, despite being the butt of the joke.)

Man: Good one, Darrell!

Darrell: Shut the f*** up, Nate! Just get out of here; you suck at basketball, anyway.

Nate: …Okay, man. I’ll see ya later!

Darrell: Man, I hope not!

(He turns around and they continue the game, without Nate. Nate slowly turns away and starts walking. The problem is that he doesn’t know where to go. He wanders around for a while, just looking around the city, trying to find something to do. He walks by a store, with multiple TVs sitting just inside the windows. The news is playing on all of the TVs.)

Reporter: The ominous creatures that appeared in Eastern Asia, have made their way into North America and are slowly making their way toward California. Government authorities have set up blockades, in an attempt to slow their rampage and hopefully stop these violent creatures.

(Nate pays no attention to the report and continues to walk down the street. The wind picks up and he wraps his arms around himself, attempting to warm himself up.)

INT. RUN-DOWN BAR

(He walks into a nearby bar and looks around, nervously. The man behind the counter glares at him.)

Barkeep: Nate, get out of here. I know you ain’t got any money.

Nate: I’ve got money!

(Nate reaches into his pocket and pulls out $5.)

Barkeep: $5? Are you shitting me, man?! You better have more than this!

Nate: Come on, man! Its cold out there, can’t I just stay here for a little while!

Barkeep: I ain’t running a charity here, buddy!

Nate: Come on, I don’t even want nothing to drink! You can keep the $5 and I’ll just sit here for a little while! Just till I’m warm and I’ll be on my way!

Barkeep: …Get out. Now!

(Nate turns away and walks out the door.)

EXT. RUN-DOWN BAR

(The wind has gotten even worse. Nate walks through the cold, shivering and shaking. He eventually walks up to a manhole and pries the top off. He climbs down into the sewers and lies down next to a group of rats.)

Nate: You won’t kick me out, will you?

(The rats run off, scared. Nate closes his eyes and falls asleep.)

First, this is great. Second, Travis is totally going to become batman. His parents were brutally murdered, and he has some kind of special power. All he needs is a butler and some kung-fu skills.

lmao thank you

***WARNING***: THIS STORY WILL CONTAIN VIOLENCE, SEXUAL CONTENT, AND INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE. IT IS A MATURE STORY.: ***WARNING***

PROLOGUE:

Travis Mason

EXT. TRAVIS’ HOME

(A young boy, about 10 years old, is riding his bike up the sidewalk. He eventually stops outside of his home and gets off of his bike. He hurries up to the door, when suddenly an odd man walks up to the driveway.)

Man: Um, excuse me young man, but are your parent’s home?

(Travis turns around and looks at the man. He has long, thin, greasy hair. His hair is combed off of his face and he is very pale. He speaks with a soft and awkward tone. The boy’s mom opens the door.)

Mom: Travis, who are you talking to?

(The man’s lips curl up to form a creepy smile.)

Man: Mariah, it’s so good to see you!

Mariah: Um, do I know you?

Man: Really? You don’t remember me? It has been a long time, I suppose! Do you mind if I come in?

Mariah: Uh, sure.

(The man makes his way toward the house, following Travis inside.)

Mariah: Do you mind telling me how you know me?

INT. TRAVIS’ HOME

(Travis, his father, and mother are tied to three individual chairs. The creepy man is punching Travis’ father in the face, brutally injuring him. Blood is flying off of his father’s cracked face. Travis and Mariah are crying, hysterically.)

Mariah: Please, stop!

(The man stops and turns to face Mariah. Travis’ father coughs blood onto the floor, barely able to breathe.)

Man: Have it your way.

(Travis watches in horror, as the man unbuttons his pants and rapes Mariah. His father is on the verge of death and has spiraled into delusion. Therefore, he doesn’t seem to notice what is going on.)

Travis: No…no, mommy! No!

(Travis whispers to himself, unable to stop the tears from pouring down his face.)

INT. TRAVIS’ HOME

(Travis watches, while the man snaps his father’s neck. Travis cries out and struggles to break free from his chair. Mariah cries out, barely able to make a sound. She too has been badly beaten by the man.)

Man: You only have yourself to blame. I only wish that you recognized me.

Mariah: I… I know exactly who you are.

(The man smiles, as if victorious. A red light seems to flicker around Travis, as he appears to be growing angrier and angrier.)

Man: Good, I had hoped you would.

(The man pulls out a knife from his pocket and slits her throat. Travis cries out, as the red light glows brighter. The man looks at the child, confused.)

Man: …Shit!

(The red light around Travis explodes outward, knocking the man through the wall and blowing up the entire house. Travis’ chair burns away in the fire, but he only falls to the ground. With his mental stability teetering on the brink, he falls unconscious.)

EXT. TRAVIS’ HOUSE REMAINS

(The firemen make it to the remains and put out the flames. They find Travis’ body, unharmed.)

Fireman #1: How the hell is he not burned?!

Chief: Hopefully, we’ll find that out later. For now, just get the kid out of here!

(The fireman hurries off, holding onto Travis.)

The creppy man just punch the father!!!! http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.png

CHAPTER 2:

INT. LOS ANGELES SEWERS

(Nate wakes up, to a group of rats sleeping on his stomach. He carefully picks them up and sets them down on the ground. He gets up, stretches, yawns, and then rubs his eyes. He climbs out of the sewers and into the street. He stands up and squints, adjusting to the sunlight. He sees the group, which he was playing basketball with, walking down the street. He quickly looks away and starts walking down the street, attempting to avoid them. However, they happen to see him, anyway.)

Man #1: Hey, Nate! How’s it going, buddy?

(Nate, regrettably, turns around and smiles at the group.)

Nate: Hey, Darrell! I’m alright, you?

Darrell: Yeah, yeah, yeah, shut the f*** up. I wanted to ask you, if you could do me and my boys a little favor.

Nate: What kind of favor?

Darrell: First, you got to let me know you’ll do it.

Nate: But, if I don’t know what the favor is…

(Darrell shoves Nate.)

Darrell: Just answer the question, motherf***er!

Nate: Alright, fine! I’ll do it.

Darrell: Good.

(Darrell takes a brown paper bag out of his coat pocket. He hands it to Nate.)

Darrell: Take this to south end of Sunset Boulevard in two hours. You should see a guy standing alone. He’ll be smoking a cigarette and carrying a duffle bag. He’ll walk up to you and ask you for the time. You tell him it’s time to get a f***ing watch. He’ll ask you how much a watch would cost. Then he’ll give you the duffle bag and you give him the paper sack.

Nate: …Well, what was all that about a watch?

Darrell: Man, just shut up and do what the f*** I tell you to do! Bring the duffle bag to the bar, tonight.

Nate: Yeah, of course! But, what’s in the bag?

Darrell: That’s none of your f***ing business! I told you everything you need to know, alright.

(Nate looks down at the ground, wondering what to do.)

Darrell: Well, you said you’d do it, asshole. Am I right?

(Nate looks up at Darrell, closes his eyes and then nods, nervously.)

Nate: Yeah, I’ll do it, man.

Darrell: Alright, that’s what I like to hear!

(Darrell and Nate high-five and bring it in.)

INT. SUNSET BOULEVARD-EVENING

(Nate is walking down the street, tightly gripping the paper sack. He looks around the street, breathing heavily. He whips around, paranoid. He continues down the street and eventually stops next to a lone building. He lays his back against the wall and leans his head back, resting. As he tries to calm down, he slowly opens the bag, looking inside. He sees an abundance of money within the bag. He quickly closes the bag and his breathing becomes more rapid. He sees a man step out of a nearby alleyway. The man is carrying a duffle bag and smoking a cigarette. The guy sees him and simply walks over.)

Man: Buddy, you know what time it is?

Nate: Um, uh,…

(Nate attempts to swallow his spit, but his mouth is dry.)

Nate: I’m not really sure, dude.

(Nate smiles, nervously. The man squints and stares at Nate for a moment.)

Man: Alright, thanks anyway.

(The man walks away. Nate turns and walks down the other end of the street.)

Edited by Ertyx

CHAPTER 3:

EXT. RUN-DOWN BAR

(Nate walks up to the bar and stands outside the door, for a moment. He gathers up his courage and opens the door. He walks by the bar, while the bartender is turned away. He walks over to Darrell and his group, who are sitting at the far end of the bar.)

Darrell: There he is!

(The gang smiles and cheers for Nate’s returns. They are obviously drunk.)

Darrell: Hey, man, where the f***’s my meth?

(Nate’s eyes widen.)

Nate: Meth? You sent me to get you your f***ing drugs?!

Darrell: Man, shut the f*** up and just give me the duffle bag.

Nate: I, um, don’t have it.

Darrell: What?

(Darrell slowly stands up followed by his friends.)

Nate: Um, I-I…well…

Darrell: I asked you a question, you little shit. Where the f*** are my drugs?!

(Nate quickly turns around and rushes out of the bar. Darrell and his gang hurry after him. Nate opens the door and bursts out of the bar, nearly bumping into a white man wearing a long trench-coat. The man has semi-long hair and has a 5 o’clock shadow. He watches as Nate runs past him, shaking his head. Darrell thrusts open the door and shoves the man out of his way. The man quickly reacts, turning around and grabbing Darrell by the collar of his shirt. Darrell turns around, only to be punched in the face. One of Darrell’s friends puts his hand on the man’s shoulder, but the man elbows him in the face, knocking him to the ground. Nate looks back and sees the man beating up Darrell’s friends. He stops running and smiles. He makes his way back toward the bar. The man kicks one of the thugs in the stomach slamming him into the wall of the bar. Another thug rushes at him, but he punches him in the face. The remaining thugs get scared and stumble down the street. The man makes his way into the bar, followed by Nate. He sits down at the counter. Nate sits down next to him. The man pulls out two twenties and sets them down on the counter.)

Young Man: Four scotches. Make it quick.

(The bartender picks up the money, grabs four scotches and sets them on the counter. The man immediately chugs the first one down.)

Barkeep: Nate, get the hell out of my bar!

(Nate pulls out the paper sack and pulls out a $20. He hands it to the bartender. The bartender eyes him, for a moment. He steps away from the bar and brings back two beers.)

Nate: Thanks.

(The bartender ignores him and steps away to wait on other customers.)

Nate: Hey, I wanted to thank you for what you did, out there.

(The man looks at him, confused. Then he goes back to drinking.)

Nate: You really saved my life, back there, man.

Young Man: Look, I don’t even know you. I didn’t save your life; I was looking out for myself. That asshole shoved me, so I kicked his ass.

Nate: Well, either way, because of you I’m not dead in some alley!

(The man ignores him and continues drinking.)

Nate: My name’s Nate Rivers, you?

(Nate puts out his hand to shake hands, but the man just slams his drink down on the counter and glares at Nate.)

Young man: What do you want my f***ing autograph?

Nate: …Uh, no. I just wanted to… I don’t know, I guess hang out. You really helped me out.

Young man: Hang out? You don’t even know me, what the hell do you want from me?

Nate: I don’t have to know you, that’s why we should hang out. Actually, get to know each other.

Young man: I’m not gay, dude.

Nate: No! Not like that, man. Just like friends, man. You seem pretty cool.

Young Man: I don’t have time to “hang out.” I’m going out of town.

Nate: Where too?

Young man: None of your f****** business.

Nate: Do you mind giving me a ride?

Young man: You don’t even know where I’m headed.

Nate: I’m homeless. It doesn’t really matter where you’re headed. As you see, I’m not very popular around here. It’s best I get out of here as soon as I can.

Young man: What’s in it for me?

Nate: Well, I could pay you.

(The young man laughs.)

Young man: If you’re homeless, how much could you possibly have?

Nate: I’ve got some money.

Young man: …How much?

Nate: $2480.

Young man: Fine, pay me up front and I’ll give you a ride.

(Nate pulls out the paper sack and stares at it for a moment.)

Nate: How do I know you won’t leave me here, after I give you the money?

(The young man sighs.)

Young man: We’re in a crowded f***ing bar, I’m not going to just steal your money.

Nate: How do I know that? You sure had no problem beating the shit out of those guys.

Young man: Fine, then show me the money and give me $1000 up front.

(Nate thinks for a moment.)

Nate: Deal.

(He ruffles through the money and hands the young man $1000. The young man counts it out and then puts it in his pocket.)

(The young man finishes his last drink and then gets up. Nate follows him out the door. The young man opens his car door and takes off his coat. He reveals that he has a sword strapped to his back.)

Nate: You’re drunk. Are you sure you want to drive?

Young man: I don’t get drunk.

Nate: What do you mean you don’t get drunk?

Young man: I drink all the time, I don’t get drunk.

Nate: Bullshit!

Young man: I don’t give a shit if you believe me or not. Either get in the car or don’t, I made $1000 bucks, either way.

(Nate gets in the passenger seat and sits down. He buckles his seatbelt, but Travis just stands outside the car, staring at him.

Young man: You’re not sitting up here. Get in the back.

Nate: Why?

Young man: Give me another $1000 on top of what you owe me and I’ll let you sit up here.

(Nate unbuckles his seatbelt and gets out of the car.)

Young man: That’s what I thought.

(He puts his sword in the passenger seat and then puts his coat over top of it. The young man gets in the car. Nate gets in the back, buckles his seatbelt, and leans forward.)

Nate: Since we’re travelling together I think it’s only fair that I know your name.

Young man: Travis Mason.

(Travis turns on the ignition.)

Nate: So, where are you from?

Travis: Talking was not part of the deal, so just sit there and shut up.

(Nate leans back, while Travis begins driving down the road.)

Edited by Ertyx

CHAPTER 4:

INT. SELIGMAN, ARIZONA

(Travis pulls into a small town, after driving through the night. He parks outside of the local bar. Nate leans forward and squints his eyes, confused.)

Nate: We’re stopping at a bar this early in the morning? We just drank last night.

Travis: So?

Nate: Why do you plan on getting drunk when we’re driving all the way to North Carolina?

Travis: I’m an alcoholic.

(Travis gets out of the car and Nate does, as well.)

Nate: Well, if you can admit you have a problem, then why don’t you fix it?

Travis: Just because I know I have a problem doesn’t mean I’m going to try and fix it.

(Travis walks around to the other side and holsters his sword on his back. Then he puts his coat on.)

Nate: What’s the deal with the sword?

Travis: Don’t push it. You’re lucky I answered your other questions.

(Travis shuts the door and makes his way toward the bar. Suddenly, they hear a hideous screeching noise. The both of them stop and turn around. They see a demonic creature flying above the town.)

Nate: What the hell is that?

Travis: Not my problem.

(Travis turns and keeps walking toward the bar. The beast flies overhead and drops a dead human from its clutches. The body smashes into the hood of Travis’ car.)

Nate: Holy shit!

(Nate starts coughing, disgusted by the dead body. Travis stops dead in his tracks. He turns around and looks at his car.)

Travis: Great, now it’s my problem.

(Travis pulls out his gun and leaps up onto the roof of the bar.)

Nate: How the f*** did you jump that high?!

(Horrific creatures begin to flood the city, attacking innocent bystanders. Travis aims for the one that dropped the dead body on his car. He guns it down with a flurry of bullets. The creature slowly descends and furiously glides toward Travis, only somewhat harmed by the bullets. Travis lowers his gun and unsheathes his blade. He swiftly cuts it in half just before it reaches him. The creature’s remains launch past Travis and hit the ground, near Nate. Nate stumbles back, petrified. Travis puts away his gun and sword and leaps back down to the ground.)

Nate: Man, you are crazy! You took whatever the hell that thing was down like it was nothing!

Travis: Yeah, you might want to follow me inside, before the rest of them decide to kill you.

Nate: What do you mean? You’re not going to help these people?

Travis: No, why should I?

Nate: Travis, these people will die!

Travis: That’s not my problem.

Nate: Travis, you won’t be able to just sit down in that bar and have a drink! Those things will tear that bar apart!

Travis: They won’t stay here long. They’ll destroy a few things, kill a few people and then be on their way.

Nate: You’re okay with that? You’re willing to just stand by and do nothing?

Travis: Like I said, not my problem.

(Travis turns and makes his way toward the bar. An older man gets in between Travis and the bar.)

Stranger: Sir, please help us! I saw the way you took down one of those monsters! You should have no problem running these things out of town!

Travis: Look, buddy. What happens to this town isn’t my problem. All I want is some beer.

Stranger: Please! I’m begging you!

(Travis walks past the stranger, ignoring him.)

Nate: Travis!

(Travis ignores Nate and continues walking toward the bar. The stranger turns around.)

Stranger: Please, I’ll do anything! I can pay you!

(Travis stops and turns around.)

Travis: How much?

Stranger: I’m the mayor, as much as you want!

Travis: …$4000.

Mayor: What?!

Travis: $4000 or no deal.

(The mayor looks around at the frantic people running through the streets.)

Mayor: Fine!

Travis: You guys got an auto shop here?

Mayor: Of course!

Travis: Then I want my car fixed up, no charge.

Mayor: …Fine!

Travis: … And I want free drinks from the bar.

Mayor: Anything else?!

Travis: Yeah, I want a free night at one of the motels here.

Mayor: …Fine! Is that all?!

Travis: Yeah, that’ll do it.

(Travis pulls his gun out and makes his way out of the parking lot.)

Nate: Heheh! Sorry about that! He’s a bit cranky this early in the morning!

(Travis guns down many of the creatures attacking the citizens. He reloads and continues his assault. Many of the people thank him, but he ignores them and moves on to the next monster. He runs out of ammo and puts his gun away. He unsheathes his sword and begins viciously hacking through the hordes of demons.)

Demon #1: Move out!

(The remaining demons hurry out of the city, heading in the direction Travis and Nate drove in from.)

Edited by Ertyx

CHAPTER 5:

Mayor: Thank god!

(Travis sheathes his sword and makes his way to the bar parking lot.)

Travis: God had nothing to do with it. I want my money by tomorrow morning. Until then I want my car fixed, my free beers and my free motel room.

Mayor: Yes, of course.

(The mayor enters the bar. Travis and Nate enter the bar.)

Nate: Man, where’d you learn to fight like that?! That was incredible!

Travis: Why does it matter where I learned to fight?

Nate: I don’t know, I just figured if we’re travelling together we might as well learn a little about each other.

Travis: Fine, you want to learn something about me. I don’t like talking about my past. It’s the past for a reason.

Mayor: These two men get whatever they want for free.

Barkeep: Free?!

Mayor: Don’t worry; I’ll pay you back for whatever they buy.

(The bartender mutters under his breath, as he nods to the mayor.)

Nate: Thank you, sir.

(Nate shakes the mayor’s hand. The mayor smiles and then walks away. Travis and Nate sit down at the bar.)

Barkeep: What’ll it be fellas?

Travis: Two beers. Keep the coming. I’ll let you know when I’m done.

Nate: I’ll take a beer and some nachos.

Barkeep: That it?

Nate: Yeah, thank you.

Barkeep: No problem.

(The bartender grabs two beers and hands them to Travis. Travis opens one up and begins drinking. The bartender grabs another beer and hands it to Nate. Nate opens his and takes a drink.)

Nate: You did a good thing out there, man. You saved a lot of people.

Travis: Can I just drink in peace?

Nate: I just want to know; didn’t it make you feel good when you saw their faces? The way their faces lit up when they saw you.

Travis: Not really. I could care less, honestly. All that matters is that I got some more money for the trip.

Nate: Really? Is money that important to you? It’s so important that you’d put it over people’s lives?

Travis: I’m not the only one out there that cares about money more than people.

Nate: It doesn’t make it right.

Travis: Well, I’m not trying to be right. I’m only trying to survive.

(Travis continues drinking, while the bartender brings Nate his nachos.)

Nate: Thanks.

(Nate shakes his head at Travis and begins eating his nachos.)

Nate: Hey, bartender? Do you know what those weird monsters out there were?

Barkeep: Can’t say that I do. The news says that those things spawned on the other side of Asia, in Tokyo. Apparently, they’ve destroyed most of Japan and are making their way across the rest of the world.

INT. NORTH PACIFIC-NEXT MORNING

(The group of demons that attacked Seligman are swimming swiftly swimming across the surface of the ocean. The few that can fly are soaring above them. The group quickly finds shore and leaps out of the ocean. They hurry across the land, without slowing down.)

INT. TOKYO

(The demons soon come up to a massive eerie castle. The castle is sitting within a large wasteland where Tokyo once existed. A massive vortex floats in the sky, outside of the castle.)

INT. CASTLE

(A tall buff man wearing a gray coat and blue beanie is sitting on a throne on the top floor of the castle. A man walks into the room, followed by one of the demons from the group. The man is wearing black armor and has long pitch black hair. He has a goatee and small horns on his forehead.)

King: I see that the first wave has returned.

(The man and demon bow to their ruler.)

King: Rise.

(They both stand up.)

King: Tell me did you find Travis?

Demon #1: I think so. He killed many of my group. We fled and continued our rampage across North America.

King: Where was he?

Demon #1: He was in Arizona.

King: Good, he still has a long way to go. Whenever you are ready, I want you to take the remainder of your group and make another trip across the world. Destroy more towns, kill more people. Make the journey short, though. Just the same as you did previously. When you get back, I want to know how far Travis has come.

Demon #1: Yes, my lord!

King: You are dismissed.

(The demon leaves the room, but the man stays.)

King: Thank you, Azrael. Please return to me when you have news on the second group’s arrival.

Azrael: My lord, if I may ask, why do you want to know where Travis is?

King: He is very important to my plan. You remember Mariah, correct?

Azrael: Yes, of course.

King: She was the daughter of the archangel, Gabriel, who defeated me so long ago. I took her from Heaven and made her one of us. She grew up none the wiser. But, then she fell in love with a human. She forfeited her powers and abandoned us in order to live with that human. They had a child named Travis. Travis has Gabriel’s blood coursing through his veins. Once I regain my body, I will regain all of my power as well. I will use that power to take Gabriel’s power from Travis and add it to my own. Then I will return to Heaven and take my revenge.

Azrael: Then I assume that you want Travis to make it here alive?

King: Yes. He is of no use to me dead. However, I don’t want him to arrive before my body has been unsealed. Once I’ve returned to my flesh then I will deal with Travis. Until then I want you all to speed up the process. The faster this planet and its inhabitants decay, the faster my body will return. Edited by Ertyx

CHAPTER 6:

EXT. TALOGA, OKLAHOMA-AFTERNOON

(Nate and Travis are driving down the road, sitting in silence.)

Nate: Do you think we’ll run into any more of those things?

Travis: No doubt.

Nate: Do you know anything about those things?

Travis: Nope.

Nate: Are you telling me the truth or do you just want me to shut up?

(Travis ignores Nate and turns on the radio. Nate sits back and crosses his arms.)

INT. TALOGA, OKLAHOMA

(Travis sees a bar on the side of the road. He pulls in and parks outside the bar.)

Nate: Another bar? Man, I don’t want anything else to drink.

Travis: Then don’t drink. It’s not like you have any money, anyway.

Nate: True.

(They get out of the car. Travis grabs his sword, holsters it to his back and puts his coat on over it. Nate sees $10 lying on the ground.)

Nate: Sweet, dude I found $10!

Travis: Good for you.

(Nate stuffs the bill in his pocket and follows Travis into the bar. They walk up to the counter and sit down. A gorgeous Mexican woman walks up from behind the counter.)

Waitress: What can I get for you?

(Travis eyes the waitress, as if confused. The waitress looks at him the same way.)

Travis: Uhhhhh, yeah, can I get two beers?

Waitress: …Coming right up. Anything for you?

Nate: Nah, I’m good. Thanks anyway.

(The waitress turns and walks to the other end of the counter to get the two beers.)

Nate: Man, she is fine!

Travis: I think I know her?

Nate: Really? How can you not remember an ass…I mean face like that!?

(The waitress comes back and hands Travis his beers. They stare at each other for a moment.)

Waitress: What’s your name?

Travis: Travis. You?

Waitress: Travis? Travis Mason?! It’s me, Anna Herrera! We went to OCLC, together!

Travis: Holy shit, what the hell are you doing way out here!?

Anna: I moved out here about 2 years after high school! I was engaged, but that didn’t turn out so well.

Travis: I’m sorry to hear that. Wow, it’s been so long! You… look great!

Anna: Thank you! You too! So, what are you doing way out here?

Travis: I’m actually heading back home to North Carolina.

Anna: Really? I’m heading back in a few days, as well. With those weird creatures showing up, I’m going to get my parents and bring them back here, hopefully until it’s safer. How long are you and your friend in town for?

(Travis glances back at Nate and then back to Anna.)

Travis: Not too long. We’ll probably get a motel for the night and then hit the road in the morning.

Anna: I get off in about 40 minutes, if you wouldn’t mind catching up?

Travis: Uh, sure, I’d love to!

(Anna smiles.)

Anna: Great! I’ll meet you by the door when my shifts over!

(Anna walks off to go attend to the other customers.)

Nate: That was very smooth, my friend.

Travis: Yeah, whatever. Here…

(Travis pulls out his wallet and hands Travis $300.)

Travis: That should be more than enough to get a room. Go find the nearest motel and get us a single room, single bed.

Nate: Single bed? Man, I ain’t sleeping with you.

Travis: No, you’re not. You’re sleeping on the couch or the floor. You’re pick. But, I’m paying for the room and I’m a cheap-ass. So, single room, single bed. I want my change when I get there.

(Nate gets up and leaves the bar. Anna looks up from the customers she’s waiting on and smiles at Travis. He smiles back and takes a drink of his beer.)

Edited by Ertyx