Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
chrissk08

KH3D Sora Voice Controversy.

Omg no, leave poor Haley's preformance alone~~~~~~ he did just fine! Q.Q

Everyone will get used to it once they play the game anyway. xP

Trailers arent an indication of the finished product .Plus i think there will be more people pissed if they replaced Haley.

*raises hand* I'd be livid if they replaced Haley. xD

Sora still has the same voice actor he as had since KH1 and nothing changed if you listen to him talking in KH2 and in Re:coded and compare them to how he sounds in the trailer, they will sound exactly the same i honestly don't see a difference in the voice, I don't think hes trying to sound like he did in KH1 (because that would be stupid if he did) its still Sora his voice is still the same as it has been in KH2, and Re:coded

yeah he sounded a bit different to me too when i watched the trailer but getting a different voice actor wont be good. i already got used to haley's voice so i rather they not replace him

Um...he doesn't sound weird at all. There are huge differences between the Jap and Eng voice actors. I listen to both but neither one of them puts me off the other. If anything it makes me understand the different concepts of voices that English speaking countries and Japan have.

Also, I don't see why you're bringing this up now? Hayley's Sora voice sounded great. If anything, I think he was trying to bring another level of deepness to it, to show off Sora's growing up, which is a rare skill for voice actors to have.

And seriously, you're bringing age into this?! I dare you to check any of your favourite voice actor's ages and compare the characters they play ages. You will be surprised I assure you. Really Haley is still quite young in voice actor terms.

umm isnt haley 22 or something by now? thats not so old yet. I would never wanna him leave his role as Sora. To think that he may be voicing Sora in next saga as well

Edited by replika13

sora sounds like sora the yelling could use a little work but he is still sora the keyblade welider

with clown shoes. sora fan right here.

"my friends are my power"

kh1

While it is cute and nostalgic to play KH1 and hear Sora's high pitched voice, i honestly prefer his voice now. I haven't seen the trailer yet, so I can't really judge if his voice is any different. I think his voice sounded a little forced in re:coded--it did seem a bit like he was trying to sound just a tad higher pitched, but it wasn't bad. If Sora were to be recast at this point in time...GRRR!!! It already bothers me that DiZ's voice changed (although it's not that different) and Ansem SoD's voice. The difference between Namine in KH2 and Re:CoM sends me on edge to, just because I'm anal retentative like that.

Plus, Haley Joel Osment is the "I see dead people" kid. He also did that movie "A.I.", which was like a pinnochio story. So he's awesome. THERE.

You guys do realize that Sora in the dream worlds is supposed to be younger than his real world self right? His voice sounds different because Haley is trying to sound younger on purpose. If you listen to Vanitas he sounds just like modern day Sora.

While it is cute and nostalgic to play KH1 and hear Sora's high pitched voice, i honestly prefer his voice now. I haven't seen the trailer yet, so I can't really judge if his voice is any different. I think his voice sounded a little forced in re:coded--it did seem a bit like he was trying to sound just a tad higher pitched, but it wasn't bad. If Sora were to be recast at this point in time...GRRR!!! It already bothers me that DiZ's voice changed (although it's not that different) and Ansem SoD's voice. The difference between Namine in KH2 and Re:CoM sends me on edge to, just because I'm anal retentative like that.

Plus, Haley Joel Osment is the "I see dead people" kid. He also did that movie "A.I.", which was like a pinnochio story. So he's awesome. THERE.

Dear god why are you complaining about Sora's voice, did you not hear the voice of Young Xehanort!? It's not exactly that it's bad, it's just that...I really don't think it's fitting. Like, at all. (is it the same as Riku's!? 'Cause that's just lazy!)

I actually think Haley's doing a fine job with his voice, it sounds pretty good. It's higher pitched to make him sound younger, but it doesn't sound too forced or anything.

It seems different to me because I've watched the Jap trailers about a thousand times. The only person who sounds weird to me is Roxas. He sounded like was choking on something.

Edited by keyblademaster29

tutti frutti. I hope that it was among their first attempts at voicing the scripts. Riku sounded fine, as well as YMX, though to me it's hard to picture a younger Sora with an older voice. But I'm sure that for the final product that the voice actors did a better job in playing the part with a better idea on what was going on in the game.

First I didn't like it. But then I played Re:Coded and he has the same voice. I just need to get used to it.

My boyfriend hates Haley-Sora's voice :P

I love Haley's voice, no one but him can be Sora. He made that role his, and if Haley were to ever be replaced I'd be extremely infuriated! Hell knows no wrath like that of an angry fan.

Haley's going thru puberty most likely...like what happened inbetween KH and KH2 (not sure about COM for GBA)....Or maybe he's trying to sound similiar to KH Sora. I wasn't really paying attention during the trailer...And Roxas and Riku sounded the same. Especially those 2.

I thought Sora's voice sounded fine. I wouldn't be the same if Haley Joel Osment didn't voice Sora. David Gallagher also did a great job voicing Riku. I hope they continue thier roles in the future. ;)

Sora and Riku sound fine, I'm more worried about Joshua's voice.

Yeah they sound good! And I don't think you should worry about Joshua. He sounded pretty fine to me, and I've just been depleting TWEWY. The fact that it's going to be prolonged speech instead of short battle cries and that laugh of his is what's going to be weird to most people. Either way, what's done is done, the game is almost here so we shall just have to wait and see. If it's not to our liking, I'm sure there will be threads about it :P