Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Xenidal

KHDays Was Xion an afterthought...?

TECHNICALLY, XIon is just a Manic Pixie Dream Girl. Her only real role is to get Roxas to come out of his shell and give him a love interest. Thank you for being useless and useful at the same time, Xion!!!!! Queue the Xion fans start verbally assaulting me! xD

But you gotta admit just having Roxas and Axel would have made the Yaoi much better.

No offense to anyone, but Akuroku creeps me out a little. I like Roxas and Namine/Xion pairings better.

No offense to anyone, but Akuroku creeps me out a little. I like Roxas and Namine/Xion pairings better.

...And?

I mean, I ship Rokushi, too. But I like Akuroku.

I dunno, maybe that's because I'm gay.

Maybe that's the reason Xion WAS created.

Nomura: I'm tired of all the Axel and Roxas yaoi! Put in another Kairi!

But...we have Roxas and Namine together...

JUST DO IT!!!

But there's that shell in the opening of KH2 that represents her. I'm pretty sure the concept for her was being thought of near the end of KH2's production.

And Xion was the explanation for Sora's memories taking so long to fix, so she does have big plot relevance.

The seashell thing comes all the way back from kh1 and the making of the good luck charm. I'm pretty sure the shell came before Xion lol. As for the length it took Namine to fix Sora's memories...I feel like that's still an afterthought, sort of an extra reason to throw in there to explain Xion. It was already implied at the end of CoM that it would take a while, and they made it obvious that Roxas was interfereing. I still love XIon and all and think she's important, I'm just saying...

Kind of late response, but I believe that during development for KH2 , the staff said that a female character was relevant in Roxas' back story and that she was the driving force for Roxas leaving the Organization. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is another problem I have with Days. Stories can go 1 of 2 ways: character-based or plot-based. Movie examples I have is The Breakfast Club is character-based while Inception is plot-based. Kingdom Hearts has a plot-based story, and all of the side games while they have their own stories, and BBS added new characters, add to the plot of the series, except Days. Days tried to be like the Breakfast Club of KH, which is not a bad idea, but it didn't work because it added a new character that didn't need to be added, killed her off, then made it so that the other characters didn't remember her to explain why she wasn't mentioned in the other games. I could ramble on and on about why Days suck.

Well for your information :

1.In re:coded namine revealed that xion is one of the people that while their gone their hurting need to be mended(by sora)

2.Xion was the explanation for Sora's memories taking so long to fix

3.She appear in DDD(in the game himself not opening or something)

4.She had a good story bad sad.

5.She had an influence of roxas and she is the main reason why he had left the organization

Well for your information :

1.In re:coded namine revealed that xion is one of the people that while their gone their hurting need to be mended(by sora)

2.Xion was the explanation for Sora's memories taking so long to fix

3.She appear in DDD(in the game himself not opening or something)

4.She had a good story bad sad.

5.She had an influence of roxas and she is the main reason why he had left the organization

1) Yes, and if she hasn't been introduced, this plot point could have been removed without any trouble.

2) It didn't really need an explanation. Namine said to Sora that it would take a while

3) And could easily have been removed if Days hadn't existed

4) I'm not sure exactly what this sentence is meant to mean, but Xion's story is not good, it's cheap and nonsensical.

5) Which is weird for two reasons, one, he already had perfectly good reasons to leave explained in KH2, and if Roxas forgot about her, why would that still be a reason why he left the Organization?

1) Yes, and if she hasn't been introduced, this plot point could have been removed without any trouble.

2) It didn't really need an explanation. Namine said to Sora that it would take a while

3) And could easily have been removed if Days hadn't existed

4) I'm not sure exactly what this sentence is meant to mean, but Xion's story is not good, it's cheap and nonsensical.

5) Which is weird for two reasons, one, he already had perfectly good reasons to leave explained in KH2, and if Roxas forgot about her, why would that still be a reason why he left the Organization?

LOL !!! I meant good but sad , i wrote bad for a mistake.

Namine said what should had been taken weeks now can take years(becasue of xion)

Which reason he had to leave the organizaiton in KH II ?(I dont remember it very well)

No but because of her he want to know about himself , what he is .. there was still a bit of her inside of him , so he could remeber a little bit (though he he had trouble remember her name)

LOL !!! I meant good but sad , i wrote bad for a mistake.

Namine said what should had been taken weeks now can take years(becasue of xion)

Which reason he had to leave the organizaiton in KH II ?(I dont remember it very well)

No but because of her he want to know about himself , what he is .. there was still a bit of her inside of him , so he could remeber a little bit (though he he had trouble remember her name)

Namine just said it would take a long time. No specific quality. Also 'years'? It took A year.

Roxas was dissatisfied with the Organization, wanted to know who Sora was, and wanted to know why he had the keyblade.

Roxas can't remember her at all. Nobody can. That was the point of the ending.

Namine just said it would take a long time. No specific quality. Also 'years'? It took A year.

Roxas was dissatisfied with the Organization, wanted to know who Sora was, and wanted to know why he had the keyblade.

Roxas can't remember her at all. Nobody can. That was the point of the ending.

NO She said that what was supposed to take weeks now can lasts years(because of xion)

it only last a year though , but it still more then weeks.

Even if she was an afterthought, I think that she highly contributed to the series! From her we got a more emotional story from Roxas and Axel, she adds more complication to Sora's iinternal struggle, she is what gave us dual wielding...and most importantly, she gave us fans a moment where we finally felt something! i know that there are sad moments in the series, but this was the first one that every fan had their heart torn apart! Xion is what really opened the door into this emotional place that BBS and DDD use. I personally feel that Xion is the most well thought out and greatest afterthought that a videogame has ever had!

I ship NO ONE but SoKai. There's just not enough evidence with any one else even for a non cannon. There are plenty of games/manga/anime where a romantic connection can be inferred from the interaction between characters even if the end makes it clear it's not going to happen KH is just not one of them for me. Also the existence of Xion and Vanitas further just how much of a sick, twisted firetruck Xehanort is. He created both of them just so that they could later be destroyed in order to further his goals. So even as an afterthought I think she adds to the story.

And poor Xion needs a title. I suggest "The Forgotten Light". Anyone else?

Edited by Sora_Kuno

NO She said that what was supposed to take weeks now can lasts years(because of xion)

it only last a year though , but it still more then weeks.

A year is comprised of weeks. :/

Anyways:

[media=]http-~~-//youtu.be/Fgu24OzezgA?t=2m49s[/media]

"It might take some time"

No mention of weeks (Skip to 2:49)

Edited by hatok

A year is comprised of weeks. :/

Anyways:

[media=]http-~~-//youtu.be/Fgu24OzezgA?t=2m49s[/media]

"It might take some time"

No mention of weeks (Skip to 2:49)

Also month comprised weeks -.-

i meant that was supposed to take weeks and it took years(and if Xion wasn't merging with sora even yearS)

Well I actually meant to a scene from 358/2 days

where namine talking to riku (or maybe she was talking to DiZ? i cant remember it)

I told you she was saying that because of xion.what was supposed to take weeks maybe take years.

Also month comprised weeks -.-

i meant that was supposed to take weeks and it took years(and if Xion wasn't merging with sora even yearS)

Well I actually meant to a scene from 358/2 days

where namine talking to riku (or maybe she was talking to DiZ? i cant remember it)

I told you she was saying that because of xion.what was supposed to take weeks maybe take years.

But that's a plot point confined to Days. Without it, there would be no problem.

Nomura: When Kingdom Hearts was in production, I was considering ideas for Kingdom Hearts II and Chain of Memories. And when those two were in production, I was thinking of ideas for the next three, 358/2 Days, Coded, and Birth by Sleep.

/thread

I never thought I'd say this but maybe that would have been a good thing.

I mean I love Xion and all

She's my favorite character.

But you gotta admit just having Roxas and Axel would have made the Yaoi much better.

Oh god why my friends tell me you cant look up a single kh hentai without yaoi and that just... sucks xD