Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Forever Love

Rude Awakening (1x1 with Peanut)

Riku's eyes found the pink hair again, and he almost laughed at how they kept running into each other. He doubted it was coincidence. He pushed himself away from the wall and started toward her table, aware that she was sitting alone. He took a seat across from her in silence, his eyes finding her instantly. She looked...upset, but she had a hard shell. Whatever mask she wore, she wasn't wearing it now.

Lightning sensed somebody sit across from her, and they did it with confidence. It must not have been any of the students in her class, because they seemed fairly intimidated by her. Hardening her eyes, she lifted her head and looked across her to see that it was Riku again. "Let me guess," she said as she left her former thoughts behind. "You're here to try and recruit me."

Riku clasped his hands together on the table. "I'll admit, you were on the list," he said with a slight smirk. But it quickly disappeared. "But I'm actually curious about you." There was something about her that was different. He wasn't sure what it was, either.

Lightning shrugged, reaching for her water. "Nothing to be curious about," she said. "I'm just a girl who wants to graduate and get out of school. Simple enough." She lifted the bottle and took a drink, using it as an excuse to look away from Riku. What, did he think that he was a shrink now? She didn't need anybody analyzing her, especially not him.

"It's more than that," Riku said, ego and attitude aside. He blamed Sora for his compassion, since it was starting to rub off on him now, but things had changed over the last few years. Confidence wasn't everything, something he learned and Lightning didn't know. True, he barely knew her, but there was something in his heart telling him that he needed to help her.

Lightning lowered the water, looking back at Riku with eyes that were still hard. "Fine. I also hate the school uniforms." There was another detail, but obviously not the one Riku thought he was seeing with her. He thought she was troubled. So what if she was? She was who she was, and nothing could change that. She didn't want anything to change that, because she felt certain that as long as she was strong, Serah would turn out alright. That was her only concern.

Riku's eyebrows furrowed, his eyes firm as he studied the girl in front of him. She wasn't really a girl, though; her age nearly made her a young woman, but her attitude made her too mature for her age. Whatever happened to her, it clearly wasn't good. She was bitter, and he understood how that felt. It was awful, and he could only pray that the Darkness, when it did come around, didn't feed off of her.

Lightning shifted her gaze back to her lunch as she picked up a piece of orange. "You can stop analyzing me," she said. "Some things really are that cut and dry." Not this, but some things are simple. She picked up the orange slice and ate it, eating healthy as always. She was in really good shape, since she had taken to martial arts a few years ago. Of course, nobody could really tell. She almost liked it better that way. Edited by Peanut

"Things are," Riku agreed, voice low. His eyes stayed on Lightning, his eyebrows still pulled together as he gazed at her. "But people aren't." She wore a mask, but soon it would fall off. Whatever she was hiding was the key to get into her heart. He feared the Darkness would get to her in that way and use her vulnerability against her, much like it did him. But...why did he care so much for some girl? It didn't make any sense...

"Point being?" Lightning asked as she lifted another orange slice and ate it. If Riku was trying to get her to open up, he was failing miserably. As if she would open up to some random guy who was observing classes and looking for troubled people. It was humiliating that he was even sitting with her. Good thing she didn't care what the other students thought about her, or she would have been thoroughly embarrassed by being targeted by Riku.

"Point being that your heart is a victim to the Darkness if you don't stop hiding behind your shell," Riku said, putting it bluntly. "Been there, and it nearly killed me. I doubt that's a fate you really want for yourself." He only wanted people that deserved that fate to end up with it, like Ansem or Xemnas. Not Lightning, not Sora or Kairi, not anybody innocent. Edited by Forever Love

Lightning rolled her eyes immediately. "Paranoid, I see," she said. He sounded like a doomsday prophet. Doom was coming, and if she didn't expose her heart to the world, then she was going to perish to the Darkness. Except for the fact that Darkness wasn't threatening the worlds anymore. Yeah, maybe some Darkness did linger in people's hearts. But it wasn't a serious threat.

Riku's eyes were no longer calm; they turned icy at the assumption. So what if I am? he wondered. I've got a reason to be. He glared at Lightning before he pushed himself up from his seat, walking toward the exit. He wanted to save this world and its inhabitants, whether that was from the Darkness or themselves. There wasn't anything wrong with that.

"Hmph," Lightning hummed with a small smirk of amusement. She got to him, apparently. Why wasn't she surprised that he walked away from her? First off, she knew she wasn't the easiest person to get along with, but she knew there was also a problem from his side. She already realized he had quite an ego, and if she insulted him and called him paranoid, it was going to annoy him. Oh well; she didn't regret it. Now she could eat her lunch in peace.

Tuesday

Namine carefully swept her pencil back and forth over her page, most of the blank space full since she had been here for quite some time. There was a comfortable, padded bench in the Music section of the school. She actually got lost in such a large place, which was why she was even over on that side. She belonged on the opposite, in the Art Wing. Of course, it didn't really make a difference, since she was getting her first assignment done. It helped that the music coming from a nearby room was soft and gentle, and very inspirational.

Roxas strummed his guitar gently, humming along with the tune softly. He had just been sitting in the music room for a long time, playing whatever came to his head and imagining what lyrics he could possibly put along with it. He had to admit that he liked the college for the sole reason that when he was in that music building in a practice room, nobody would interrupt him. College wouldn't be so bad as long as he could always retreat to one of these rooms and play to his heart's contentment. But now, it was time for him to start wrapping up. He had to get home and eat something because he was, as always, hungry. He finished up with that part, satisfied with the work that he did that day. Then he began to put his guitar in the case. Time to go.

Namine heard the music suddenly stop, which caused her to glance up and over at the closed door. She wondered why the musician stopped playing, but it was none of her concern, so she resumed her sketching. She was working on a Lily she found just outside the schoolyard, and it was too pretty to keep in her head; she had to draw it. The music was incredibly inspirational and helped her to nearly complete her work. There was only a little bit left, which she figured she could finish on her own.

Roxas put his guitar over his shoulder, one of the case's straps over his shoulder so that guitar was secure. He held onto that strap as he headed to the door, opening it to see an empty hallway. Well, a nearly empty one. His eyes immediately darted over to the one person nearby--the person that he recognized after only a split second. It was hard to misplace that blonde head. "Namine?"

Namine lifted her head quickly at the call, her sketch halting. She lifted a hand to push her bangs out of her eyes. "Oh, Roxas," she greeted with a small smile. She then saw the guitar case over his shoulder, and the room he just left. "Was that...you playing the music?" Was he the one playing the music that she found so inspirational?

Roxas blinked, surprised. Namine had to have been referring to him, because all the other practice rooms were empty. "Uh, yeah," he said with a small nod. He glanced back at the room, tempted to lift a hand to ruffle his hair. That room was supposed to be soundproof... He wasn't sure how he felt about Namine hearing his music. Not because he had anything against Namine, but because his music was a really private thing.

"Oh..." Namine saw the look on Roxas's face, and she suddenly felt like she was invading his privacy. She glanced away, back at her sketchbook. "Well, it was...it was inspirational." It helped her finish her drawing, or her first assignment. It was only their second day, after all. By the sounds of things, Roxas was doing well.

Roxas looked back to Namine again, surprised once more. Inspirational? He had just been messing around. Yet it was the first time somebody had really heard him playing in a relaxed way; he was nervous when he played for Sora before. "Really?" he dared to ask. Did she really think that his music was inspirational? Because that was a huge compliment.

"Mm," Namine hummed, nodding. "You helped me finish my first assignment, actually." She smiled a little at that, finding it hard to believe. She and Roxas had hardly spoken to each other like this since their Twilight Town days. It was quite odd that he helped her so suddenly, and in the most unique way.

"Do you mind if I take a look?" Roxas asked, taking a step closer. He was curious to see what his music inspired her to draw. But of course, maybe her art was a private thing like his music was to him. If she didn't want to share it, he guessed that was okay. He'd be disappointed, but he would deal.

Namine lifted her eyes to Roxas at that, surprised. He actually wanted to see her work? He had never asked before, not ever. "Um...sure," she said with the smallest of nods. She still kept a tight grip on her sketchpad, not sure what Roxas would think. Kairi liked her drawings, as did Sora. But...Sora and Roxas were two completely different people, even if they were technically the same person.