Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Forever Love

Rude Awakening (1x1 with Peanut)

As some of you may know, Peanut and I are crazy about Roleplaying, and it's clear, since this is the second one on this site that belongs to us. And we aren't even done with the first one! Regardless, that won't stop us from starting this new roleplay, Rude Awakening!

Kinda dark and mysterious title, eh?

As stated in the title, this RP is one on one, no exceptions. Please refrain from posting in the RP. Instead, follow us on this new journey!

Peanut, my amazing friend, let's begin!

Indeed, we're quite crazy. xP Don't mind us crazy people, other people crazy enough to look in this RP. We're just gonna RP here and be happy with the KH/FF awesomeness.

Sora, relaxed and happy as ever, sat on the beach with some of his best friends in the world. Riku, Roxas, and Namine. And of course, his wife Kairi. He had just recently put that wedding ring on her finger; it was less than a month ago that the two of them came back from their honeymoon. The wedding day and the honeymoon had definitely been the best days of his life, but he believed that the best days were yet to come. Not only for him, but for all of his friends. "So, what have we missed lately, guys?" he asked all his friends casually. It had been a while since they all just hung out, sadly. He missed the good old days when they all chilled together, even if not everyone in the group was close knit like they should have been after all the years of hanging out.

From his spot sitting in the sand, Roxas only shrugged. Sora really hadn't missed much; things were always calmer when he wasn't around. He did have a knack for causing trouble, even if he didn't mean to. Sora was a good guy though, and a good friend. His joy just didn't pass onto Roxas, who was a bit more brooding and serious than his Somebody. Oh well, at least I know for sure that I'm my own person, he thought a little bitterly. It was just a shame that he wasn't somebody more likable, like Sora was.

Riku rested an elbow on his knee, seeing Roxas's response. His eyebrows furrowed slightly as he turned his attention to his best friend, ignoring the Nobody's silent reply, and somewhat of a bitter one. "I managed to get the local high school to grant me permission to speak to their students," he admitted. "The Guardian Corps is still a little small." The Corps was a group he had thought of just recently, as a way to protect the Islands against any Heartless or threats from the darkness in the future.

Namine nodded slightly in recognition, her sketchpad resting against her drawn-up knees. "We can never be too careful," she acknowledged. She was scared of the future, since Riku was right about the Darkness. It had been cruel to everyone in their pasts, and some people were still pretty bitter about it. But Namine was just trying to focus on her schoolwork, now that she was her own person. Kairi was an amazing person, and somehow, Namine managed to remain a permanent part of her but also be able to live her own life. It was a blessing, really, and she was grateful for it. She was going to take advantage of this freedom, something she didn't have in the past.

Kairi had her legs out to her side, sitting next to her husband as she looked out at the water. "Good for you, Riku," she said softly, smiling to her friend. "We all know how much the Corps means to you." Riku stated before that he wanted to protect the things that mattered, and he was taking the steps to reach that goal. Unfortunately she missed out on a lot because of the wedding and the honeymoon, but she wouldn't trade any of it for the world. She was incredibly happy alongside Sora. Marriage was fantastic so far.

Edited by Forever Love

"How about you, Roxas?" Sora asked as he shifted his gaze to one of his other best friends. "School is starting up in a week. You pick one yet?" He had been looking at quite a few, since there were surprisingly quite a few colleges on the Island that held the major that Roxas wanted. He was pleased to see his friend nod to say that he had chosen a school, finally.

"Yeah," Roxas answered along with that nod. "I chose that music school that I visited last spring. They had a good vocals program." One thing that Roxas really found joy in was his music. It was a part of him that he actually did like. It was something that he could actually do right in his life. Music was a part of his soul, and he hoped that it always would be. But he wanted to go to college and learn more about other instruments, even if he was really good at guitar already. He was hesitant to share the music that he wrote with anyone, but he'd worry about that when the time arose.

Edited by Peanut

Kairi turned her head to look at Roxas, her smile still present. "You'll have to sing for us sometime, Roxas," she said softly. "Sora told me you're pretty good." Of course, Roxas didn't really sing in front of people; she was told he did it mostly in his room back home, alone. She would like to hear his voice sometime, and she was sure Namine would agree. They had talked about it a few times in the past.

Roxas lifted a hand, scratching the back of his spiky blond head as he looked down at his lap. "Yeah, someday," he agreed. Liar. You'll never sing for these people...His music was too intimate for that. He wasn't going to share some of his dreams with them, even if they were his friends. He kept his heart to himself, so that it would never be snatched away from him like it almost had been when he joined with Sora. He knew he was his own person now, with his own life, but still, the idea of not existing as himself was a scary one.

"You choose a school yet, Namine?" Sora asked the other blonde of the group. He had a feeling that she did, and maybe she even did it a while ago, but he wanted to make sure she was set for the fall.

"Mm," Namine hummed with a small nod. "I chose the school I visited just recently, the one with the art program. It should be really interesting." She would be able to use easels, pottery, photography, everything. It was going to be a wonderful experience, and the good thing was that she would be close to her friends. The school wasn't too far from her apartment.

Roxas leaned forward, looking past Sora and Kairi to see Namine sitting next to the latter and Riku. "Which school is it?" he asked out of curiosity. His school wasn't just a school for music students; it excelled in all kinds of art. He figured Namine would go for art or something like that, since she always had that sketchpad with her. It would be so weird if they went to the same school, though, since he and Namine were both the Nobodies of people that just got married. It was so weird to think about...

"Destiny Islands' Academy of Arts," Namine answered softly, glancing over in Roxas's direction. They never really talked much, except for when they needed to in the past, that way she could help save him. He never did thank her for that...not entirely, but she let it go. He was safe now, and that was all that mattered. But...the fact the he was looking at her made her feel strange. Was he scrutinizing her, or just interested?

"Oh, that's my school," Roxas said with a casual shrug before he looked out at the ocean in front of them again. So weird. But it wasn't like they'd see each other; they were going to be in two completely different programs. It was better off that way. Yeah, she helped him out in the past, but he tried to steer clear of her. He felt like as Sora's Nobody, he was meant to fall for Kairi's Nobody. But he wanted to live his own life, not just reflect that of his Somebody.

"Oh, cool!" Kairi said, grinning as she looked from Roxas to Namine. "You guys might see each other around! See? We'll still be together, even through college." And that was great. She didn't want to get separated from her friends. The past few years had been great, and now they were young adults, moving toward new futures. Fortunately, they were familiar as well, since they would still be connected. Edited by Forever Love

"At least you guys are going to college," Sora complained, though the complaint was said lightheartedly "I'm going straight into the work field." Since he and Kairi just got married, he felt like one of them should be out there making money a while to support their small little family. If they were both in school, they'd be up to their eyeballs in debt. So even if he had to stick out this job for a while for the sake of her and their future, he'd gladly do it. He just hoped it wasn't too bad of a job.

Kairi's smile disappeared at the reminder, her eyes finding her husband. "...I'm sorry," she apologized. She knew Sora wanted to go to school, but...he insisted she go after her dream of becoming a fashion designer. She loved the idea, but she hated the fact that he was sacrificing his future for her. It wasn't fair.

Sora looked over at Kairi, flashing his trademark smile at her as he set a hand on the back of her red hair. "Relax, Kai," he said lovingly. "I think I might actually have fun at this job. And besides...I dunno what I'd go to school for anyway." His smile turned a bit sheepish at that, his eyes reflecting that feeling. He didn't really know what he wanted to do with his life; he just wanted to make lots of friends and help people. There wasn't really a job for those specific things as far as he knew.

Riku smiled slightly when Kairi gave in and kissed Sora briefly on the cheek. Lovebirds, he thought in good nature, turning his attention to the ocean. He wasn't going to school, not that he really needed it. He had a lot of savings thanks to his travels in the past, so he was okay for now. He was hoping the Guardian Corps would become official sometime in the future, and being the founder, he would be fine anyway. That was if it happened. He wasn't sure just yet, but he was trying. Edited by Forever Love

Roxas fought the urge to roll his eyes at the romance, one he was a little jealous over. He secretly wished he had a girl like that. But oh well. He stood up from his spot, stretching as he looked down at his friends. "I gotta get going," he said. "Need to get stuff for school." It was just a few days away and he needed to get a few more textbooks. He really was late signing up for school, but oh well. At least he was going.

Namine looked up along with everyone else, nodding to their mutual friend. "See you later," she called softly, while Kairi agreed. And her farewell wasn't a lie; she would see him later, now that they were going to the same school. What a coincidence...

As Roxas walked away, Sora took his hand off the back of Kairi's head and rose to his feet as well. "Kai, we should probably go too," he said. "We have a lot to do in our new apartment before we get busy. B-busy with jobs and school, of course!" He smiled nervously, glancing over at Riku and Namine. He hadn't meant it to come out inappropriately; he only meant that he and Kairi had a lot of unpacking and setting up to do before their lives were really hectic. That was it, unless Kairi liked the other meaning that had been implied...

Riku lifted an eyebrow. "Gonna get to more honeymoon action, huh?" he taunted lightly, though his smirk gave him away. Namine blushed, which he found humorous, but it was obvious that the step had already been taken with Sora and Kairi. It was common on the honeymoon, after all.

"Heh," Kairi laughed nervously, embarrassed as her cheeks turned pink. She rose to her feet and dusted herself off, glancing at Riku but instantly regretting it. "Um...right. Oh, to what Sora said!" Her eyes grew wide when she saw Riku's lips turn up a little more, and she knew she hinted at something inappropriate as well. "Oh no..." she murmured, bringing a hand to her forehead. Damn you, Riku!

Sora too brought his hand to his forehead, shaking his head faintly as he chuckled awkwardly. "Well now that they know our plans," Sora said, rolling with it. He lowered his hand from his head and offered it to Kairi, saying that they could get going to the apartment to clean and...Do whatever else. "I guess we'll see you guys later."

Riku nodded to his friends, but not without one last taunt. "Have fun, you two," he said, the same smirk still resting on his lips. Kairi still looked speechless and a little embarrassed, but he only laughed. She knew he didn't care, but he was protective of her. He just didn't want Sora and Kairi to not be safe, or for Kairi to get hurt. Riku would kill Sora if that happened, under any circumstance.

"R-right," Sora stuttered, though he instantly regretted speaking again. Don't encourage him! It wasn't smart to give Riku any ideas. For that reason, Sora stepped behind Kairi and put his hands on her shoulders as he started leading her away. The two of them embarrassed themselves enough for one day; it was time to get to what they needed to do as responsible adults. Adulthood is lame.

Kairi walked with Sora, his hands on her shoulders as she tried to will her blush away. He just loves to embarrass us with that, she thought. But it was done with good nature, and she knew that. Riku respected them both, which she appreciated. Of course, that didn't mean he couldn't be the same old Riku and taunt them like crazy. That would never change.

One Week Later

Lightning sat in the back corner of the history classroom, an empty sheet before her as she blankly stared up at the teacher. This is a waste of time, she thought pensively. She didn't care about the history of the Islands. She just wanted to get out of school and be able to devote herself fully to work. Sitting in a classroom really wasn't her thing, as was shown with her empty note page. It was the second day of school and the teacher was already drowning them in knowledge, but it was so simple to the incredibly intelligent young woman that she hardly needed to pay attention to grasp it, while all the other students were struggling to keep up.

Riku sat in one corner of the classroom, observing the students around him quietly. He'd experienced this speech already, so it was background noise as he looked around the room. He located two students that he knew were troublemakers from his previous years, the lower classmen he sat with now. Today, he was going to talk to the students about fighting to protect the Islands against the Darkness, or any other threats out there. What happened to the Islands was no mystery to the residents. They figured out something fishy happened eventually, especially when they saw his and Sora's Keyblades. Now, it was time to round up recruits to protect the Islands, since the government wouldn't do it themselves. Edited by Forever Love