Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

KH3D Kingdom Hearts 3D confirmed for digital release on eShop (Update: not happening)

Nintendo have confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] will receive a digital release on Nintendo 3DS' eShop. This confirmation comes from Joystiq, who heard the news from Nintendo in a E3 investor presentation. A list of titles confirmed for a digital release can be seen below.

Posted Image

Update: Joystiq have added that Nintendo have included an update to the announcement. Apparently, the digital release announcement "refers to first-party titles only". As Kingdom Hearts 3D is not a first-party title, it seems they were mistaken in announcing that Kingdom Hearts 3D receive a digital release.

Nintendo have confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] will receive a digital release on Nintendo 3DS' eShop. This confirmation comes from Joystiq, who heard the news from Nintendo in a E3 investor presentation. A list of titles confirmed for a digital release can be seen below.

Posted Image

Now I really don't get why BBS isn't on the PSN! SE why you no digital release it?

At least I can get Epic Mickey, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Paper Mario Sticker Star, and New Super Mario Bros 2 on the eshop. I am going to try and get the MoM verison of Kingdom Hearts 3D so I wouldnt be able to get it on eshop, but this is good for the other games. :D

I don't buy downlodable copies of games...I prefer physical copies, mostly because I know I'll always have it. You never know when something could happen to your 3DS and you'd lose that data.

Plus, I like collecting the boxes^^

Edited by Riku'sAngel

I guess it'd be nice in some ways, but I like physical copies better. x3 Btw, Riku'sAngel, I think if you lost your 3DS, you could just re-download the game.

Read this online a few hours ago and would've posted it as soon as I got to a computer, but the KH13 staff is to fast for me, it seems.

So - MoM edition, or simple digital version of the game with no case, insert, etc.? Easy answer. :P But I suppose it being on the eShop is good for those who don't care for the physical things.

This is probably only on there because Nintendo is really pushing developers to put their titles on the eShop - especially big profile ones like KH3D. Sony on the other hand could care less for BBS, and Disney and Square wouldn't want to go through the trouble to put it on PSN, hence why it's not there. It's probably too late to put it on there anyway.

I don't buy downlodable copies of games...I prefer physical copies, mostly because I know I'll always have it. You never know when something could happen to your 3DS and you'd lose that data.

Depends. I do not know how download works on eShop, but if it's anything like Steam, it is always tied to your account and you can download it again in case you lose your 3DS. That's the benefit of a downloadable copy compared to a physical copy. You lose the physical copy and you have to buy another one. You lose your 3DS, but you never lose the digital copy...

...in theory. As I said, I don't know how downloadable games work. Isn't it tied to the Nintendo Account or something?

I also prefer physical copies.

Reason 1: Takes up A LOT of space.

Reason 2: No AR cards or pre-order bonus

Reason 3: Would probably have less features

Reason 4: I just got a game card case, and I intend to fill it xD

Well, Nomura did say last year(This is regarding BBS being downloadable on the NGP(now known as the Vita):

"Regarding a possible Kingom Hearts Birth by Sleep download release, Nomura says that this is difficult for a reason he can't say. The problem is separate from Square Enix, Disney or Utada Hikaru (who sings the theme songs). "I want to do something, but it will take time."

I just felt like bringing that up. Maybe KH3D on Eshop is the something he wanted to do if he couldn't do BBS?

im tempted to get the digital copy to avoid tax, but i also really want it in physical copy since i currently dont have any 3DS games.

anyone know how much space 3D will take up? would be interesting to see how much space a 3DS cartridge has