Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

SE director of technology: Kingdom Hearts III utilizes Crystal Tools

Wow this is great news! just one thing... what are crystal tools? anyone?

It's SE's In-House Game Engine for 6th (This) generation game consoles. (except the Wii) It's what they used to make Final Fantasy XIII and its sequel, and what they're using for FF Versus XIII

It's SE's In-House Game Engine for 6th (This) generation game consoles. (except the Wii) It's what they used to make Final Fantasy XIII and its sequel, and what they're using for FF Versus XIII

oh i see. so it displays like better graphics and higher resolution right?

To me it looks like they would have to make a lot of adjustments to use this engine and haven't really started that process since it's a FF exclusive currently. Still, it's cool to see SE improving their technology.

Why do I get the feeling that this is just speculation on the dudes part? I mean a new console Kingdom Hearts hasnt even been announced yet, and hes just casually announcing that Kingdom Hearts uses Crystal Tools? I just dont think that this is just something that Square would announce like that, especially in an interview to a relatively small fan site:(

But the original interview was on video! I watched (I speak french) and I actually saw Julien Merceron so don't worry...the interview isn't fake.

But the original interview was on video! I watched (I speak french) and I actually saw Julien Merceron so don't worry...the interview isn't fake.

oh i see. so it displays like better graphics and higher resolution right?

Yes. Whether or not they're actually overhauling the graphics or simply using it so they don't have to port the engine from the first 2 games over is another matter.