Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Uncle Dolan

RUMOR - Final Fantasy Versus XIII is Dead

I'm not sure they even knew what they were going to do with the game anyway. Maybe they're just holding it off till they get some solid ideas flowing, either way it beats the hell out of holding up their other game productions.

It means that Kotaku's journalism sucks. What Kotaku does is that any information they find, even if it's a little and it's dubious with no concrete evidence, on the website it goes. They claim Versus XIII is cancelled, but as far as things are concerned, it's dubious because we do not know how much information Kotaku actually have in regard to Versus XIII that support the claim of 'cancellation'.

Just research Kotaku and you'll find that their Journalism is sub-par at best and a pile of shit at worse.

I didn't know that http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smiley-confuse.png...well I just read and I thought to share it :/

Its not yet a fact, its a sourceless rumor that Kotaku probably made up (since there has been no news on the game in 18 months) to get hits.

kotaku dumb :P

Oh geez this is the 3rd topic made on this in the last hour! I wish a mod would merge these. Anyway its a rumor, nothing concrete.

sorry I didn't notice http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smiley-confuse.png...maybe an admin might close this :)

Oh and to those cheering saying that vs. cancellation means we may get KH3 faster, you do realize that versus was to be used as the template for KH3, and that if they couldn't get Vs. to work right on consoles, the likelihood of KH3 making it to consoles will be severely dashed.

I mean, if they failed once with Vs. XIII, whose to say that Square will give Nomura the money/ time to try again with KH3 when the first attempt failed.

Oh and to those cheering saying that vs. cancellation means we may get KH3 faster, you do realize that versus was to be used as the template for KH3, and that if they couldn't get Vs. to work right on consoles, the likelihood of KH3 making it to consoles will be severely dashed.

I mean, if they failed once with Vs. XIII, whose to say that Square will give Nomura the money/ time to try again with KH3 when the first attempt failed.

Well a director said that a kingdom hearts project would utilize Crystal Tools but it could be an opinion though and true about the console thing but still the money thing for KH3 in my view is still kinda fast and Nomura promised to give us KH3. I mean they likely already have the engine already.

Edited by Tom13

Well a director said that a kingdom hearts project would utilize Crystal Tools but it could be an opinion though and true about the console thing but still the money thing for KH3 in my view is still kinda fast and Nomura promised to give us KH3.

He wasn't a director (like Nomura, Toriyama, or Tabata), he was basically a the head of Eidos' technology team i.e. he's pretty much guaranteed to know nothing about Kingdom Hearts' development.

Edit: Oh and Nomura has no where near as much pull as people seem to think. In the end he's just a director/character designer, and his "promises" can easily be broken by Square's higher staff/board. I mean he also promised us a Final Fantasy like no other with Versus XIII, and if it truly is cancelled, look where that promise got us... nowhere.

Edited by anime10121

He wasn't a director (like Nomura, Toriyama, or Tabata), he was basically a the head of Eidos' technology team i.e. he's pretty much guaranteed to know nothing about Kingdom Hearts' development.

Well, yeah but still like I said they may likely have the engine already if they have it then KH3 may still have hope.

It's not that they have too many projects because Nomura had a team working on this. They have different teams working on different games

Well yeah true, to be honest i have no idea what its going to happen, if they drop it its bad for KH because they were going to use that as a "prototype" for KH3 but If it is still going, that's great but when are we going to get it?could be as soon as NextGen is here

Well yeah true, to be honest i have no idea what its going to happen, if they drop it its bad for KH because they were going to use that as a "prototype" for KH3 but If it is still going, that's great but when are we going to get it?could be as soon as NextGen is here

They could use a different engine for KH3 though if that were to happen.

If this is true then kh3 might come out sooner. *looks up* thanks, big guy. ^^

...You haven't read the topic or the source?

Also, for that, I hope Nomura decides to develop another FF spin-off called "Final Fantasy Galactic Mars Warfare" for double the amount of development hell years as Final Fantasy Versus XIII, so that he can say "Well, we would like to develop KH3, but we're too busy with Final Fantasy Galactic Mars Warfare".

Well, yeah but still like I said they may likely have the engine already if they have it then KH3 may still have hope.

But that is exactly the problem, Versus XIII is said to use the same engine as the mythical KH3. So if they couldnt get that game to run properly on it, KH3 would basically have to start over from scratch with a brand new engine, which would cost MORE money that I doubt Square would be willing to give Nomura if his team already failed once.

But that is exactly the problem, Versus XIII is said to use the same engine as the mythical KH3. So if they couldnt get that game to run properly on it, KH3 would basically have to start over from scratch with a brand new engine, which would cost MORE money that I doubt Square would be willing to give Nomura if his team already failed once.

Or they could port the engine they used for Birth By Sleep or KH2. Or They could use the Luminous Engine.

Edited by Tom13

Square has got the Luminous Engine, which they have just showcased and they stated it's scalable on current gen consoles, and the Unreal Engine 3 which they have just licensed. They have got two engines. They do not need a custom-made engine for a game in a series that is known for being bland in terms of technical features.

Or they could port the engine they used for Birth By Sleep or KH2. Or They could use the Luminous Engine.

You cant port an engine from a PSP game or a PS2 game to ps3 (that I'm aware of) The architecture isnt fit to work with the HD consoles.

And the thing with Luminous Engine, is that they have yet to properly even finish that engine yet. If I recall reading somewhere (sorry cant remember the source), Square said Luminous wouldnt probably be finished until later this year, and that the first game to actually USE it would be a few years off.

Square has got the Luminous Engine, which they have just showcased and they stated it's scalable on current gen consoles, and the Unreal Engine 3 which they have just licensed. They have got two engines. They do not need a custom-made engine for a game in a series that is known for being bland in terms of technical features.

Luminous has been showcased, but they still havent actually finished it yet, they said it wouldnt be finished until later on this year. It may be scalable but until its actually ready to develop a game on, thats still a moot point. They'd still have to get used to using that engine which would take a crap load of time.

And while Unreal Engine 3 is a simple engine to work with, I can GUARANTEE you, it is NOT the engine you want for KH3. First, it doesnt have the color pallette for a KH game (before you suggest Mirrors Edge, I'd suggest you to compare the way it uses color to the way KH does it), second, it is not "fluid" in the way that KH has become (barring the first game) and third, they already tried UE3 with The Last Remnant, and that game (while the concept was pretty good) was a technical mess.

KH may not be know for having much in the way of "technical features" (and by that you're probably referring to gameplay mechanics) but it is a fluid, glitch free, fast action RPG with lots of effects and "sparkle" pervading every action. I think that may be a bit much for Unreal to handle while not looking like a flip book. Unreal does have great games, but they are usually more slow moving, or tight fighting affairs. I have yet to see an Unreal game that does action well (DmC may change that, but again from whats been shown, it isnt as fast paced as the previous entries).

Edited by anime10121

You cant port an engine from a PSP game or a PS2 game to ps3 (that I'm aware of) The architecture isnt fit to work with the HD consoles.

And the thing with Luminous Engine, is that they have yet to properly even finish that engine yet. If I recall reading somewhere (sorry cant remember the source), Square said Luminous wouldnt probably be finished until later this year, and that the first game to actually USE it would be a few years off.

Luminous has been showcased, but they still havent actually finished it yet, they said it wouldnt be finished until later on this year. It may be scalable but until its actually ready to develop a game on, thats still a moot point. They'd still have to get used to using that engine which would take a crap load of time.

And while Unreal Engine 3 is a simple engine to work with, I can GUARANTEE you, it is NOT the engine you want for KH3. First, it doesnt have the color pallette for a KH game (before you suggest Mirrors Edge, I'd suggest you to compare the way it uses color to the way KH does it), second, it is not "fluid" in the way that KH has become (barring the first game) and third, they already tried UE3 with The Last Remnant, and that game (while the concept was pretty good) was a technical mess.

KH may not be know for having much in the way of "technical features" (and by that you're probably referring to gameplay mechanics) but it is a fluid, glitch free, fast action RPG with lots of effects and "sparkle" pervading every action. I think that may be a bit much for Unreal to handle while not looking like a flip book. Unreal does have great games, but they are usually more slow moving, or tight fighting affairs. I have yet to see an Unreal game that does action well (DmC may change that, but again from whats been shown, it isnt as fast paced as the previous entries).

A person can dream and KH3 would look awsome with the Luminous Engine though. But if IT is finished do you think they would use the finished Luminous Engine for KH3? If so would you like it? Not to mention Nomura said that there have been swift movements for the develupment for the next KH title or something correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Tom13

A person can dream and KH3 would look awsome with the Luminous Engine though. But if IT is finished do you think they would use the finished Luminous Engine for KH3? If so would you like it? Not to mention Nomura said that there have been swift movements for the develupment for the next KH title or something correct me if I'm wrong.

Honestly I just want the game, and I would LOVE for it to be on Luminous, but that would put the game far out of reach (at least 3-6 more years). If they actually finished Vs. they would have the technical know-how from already working with the engine and would be able to release it much faster. Plus it wouldnt be there first game on a new engine, so they would have the experience necessary to make the game the best it could be! Edited by anime10121

Honestly I just want the game, and I would LOVE for it to be on Luminous, but that would put the game far out of reach (at least 3-6 more years). If they actually finished Vs. they would have the technical know-how from already working with the engine and would be able to release it much faster. Plus it wouldnt be there first game on a new engine, so they would have the experience necessary to make the game the best it could be!

True but I can wait 3 years for a game, SSB4 isn't coming for a while after all and once KH3 comes out I will be exploding in excitement.

Edited by Tom13

True but I can wait 3 years for a game, SSB4 isn't coming for a while after all and once KH3 comes out I will be exploding in excitement.

Yeah but there in lies another problem of course we, the "main" fans can wait but think about it, its already been 6 years since KH2 and will probably be 10 by the time KH3 ever comes out (if it indeed comes out for console like every one hopes it will). People get older and as they get older, other responsibilities start taking up their time, so Square is already losing some of its audience as the years go on. And as game budgets grow with new technological advancements i.e. new consoles, it will be harder to justify making it with a brand new engine on a console, especially considering sales of the series have been on the decline lately (KH3D selling half of what BBS did in its opening week and quickly disappearing off software charts in Japan).

I hope this is true, although I would have liked to play it I hope this had been canceled that way KH3 can get into development and lets be honest other than people wanting to play the game we really wanted this only to get KH3 faster. This would also make sense because look at all the hint Nomura has given us about KH3 like at the end of the credits in 3d (I'm not saying what it is because I don't want to spoil people) and basically 3D itself.

Here's what I want to know, if Versus did get caned what the hell have they been doing the past 6 years? Twiddling their thumbs?

Alright, I honestly have a hard time believing that this is true. I just don't think Square would be willing to pull the plug on a game that not only has so much going for it, but so much RIDING on it as well (a lot of people see this as Square's last chance). In terms of FF games, this is probably the most hyped game since FFXIII was released. Not even FFXIV had this much buzz around it. Plus, over 6 years of constant development to suddenly be cancelled, and the fact that Nomura said he was ready to show off the game more, and I have a hard time believing this.

If it IS true, though...

It looked amazing.

If it is true, then maybe it was because of budget things.

I would like to have KH3 in the next 2-4 years.

I am sixteen now and I don't want to wait until I am 25 to play KH3.

In a sense could it have been a decision between two games instead of 3.

Like KH3 that new Spin off FF and FFVersus.