Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
kristi-swat

KH3D Riku's father (spoiler)

I was kinda wondering...can Xehanort be Riku's father?? ://...I mean they sometimes look alike...they both desire power,want to see the outside world,they both have darkness in their heart and even Ansem SoD was interested in Riku...we never heard of Riku having any parents throughout the game...this is just my theory,not that I can prove or anything else :)

pleased to leave your opinion :)

No bc Nomura already confirmed that no one is family related except Kairi and her grandma :P

I haven't heard that :/..I'm reading Nomura's interviews here on the archive but I'm still at 2008 :PP

Riku did mention his parents in KH1, one day before Destiny Islands is taken by the darkness. He says something along the lines "We may never see our parents again" or something like that. Besides, I doubt it because Xehanort was an old man when Riku was only 5 years old, so it doesn't make that much sense.

well that makes sense but still like I said it was just like a match that they both are 99.9% the same in every way :)

It makes more sense that Xehanort and Riku are apart of the same...nationality if you will. They share similar features because they were born in the same area and if you were to trace their family trees, you would probably find that yes, they are related but considering the differences between them; skin tone being the most obvious one. It's safe to say that they are not related very closely and only share similarities because of other circumstances.

I haven't heard that :/..I'm reading Nomura's interviews here on the archive but I'm still at 2008 :PP

well that makes sense but still like I said it was just like a match that they both are 99.9% the same in every way :)

Its true :P He said no main characters were related .Also , the series theme seems to emphasize friendship and not so much family .Sora never answered his mom and ate his dinner :(

I highly doubt that. Xehanort left Destiny Islands decades before Riku was born.

No bc Nomura already confirmed that no one is family related except Kairi and her grandma :P

Nomura said family isn't important in KH but it still exists. He just won't use people being in family as a plot-device.

I highly doubt that. Xehanort left Destiny Islands decades before Riku was born.

Nomura said family isn't important in KH but it still exists. He just won't use people being in family as a plot-device.

Thats what i said ? Obviously it exists hence Kairi's grandma and Sora' mom calling him for dinner, etc etc .But those are minor details not plot devices.

Edited by Flaming Lea

Its true :P He said no main characters were related .Also , the series theme seems to emphasize friendship and not so much family .Sora never answered his mom and ate his dinner :(

Good thing too! Otherwise it could be like Star Wars all over again!

Sora: Kairi! Kairi's my sister!

Master Yen Sid: Your insight serves you well. Bury your feelings deep down Sora. They do you credit, but they could be made to serve Master Xehenort!

If I have to put up with another one of Sora's friendship and "power of the heart speeches..."

It makes more sense that Xehanort and Riku are apart of the same...nationality if you will. They share similar features because they were born in the same area and if you were to trace their family trees, you would probably find that yes, they are related but considering the differences between them; skin tone being the most obvious one. It's safe to say that they are not related very closely and only share similarities because of other circumstances.

that means...XEHANORT IS RIKU'S GRANDFATHER?!?!?! lol XDD but if I think about Riku and his parents I think his the slighly rebellious type so that'll explain why his not too close to his parents.....and just us how everyone said above, KH's theme is more about friendship not family so Nomura doesn't give much importance to the characters parents Edited by Xiala920

Xehanort is the great-great-great grandfather :PPPPP...but hey one other thing...why does riku appear as Ansem SoD when he changes into his dark side? http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.png

still haven't figured this out...Ok that Ansem SoD entered Riku's body,but when he was destroyed he should have left right?

Xehanort is the great-great-great grandfather :PPPPP...but hey one other thing...why does riku appear as Ansem SoD when he changes into his dark side? http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.png

still haven't figured this out...Ok that Ansem SoD entered Riku's body,but when he was destroyed he should have left right?

Bc a piece of Ansem still lingered at bay in his heart . It wasnt till Ansem the Wise's machine blew it out of him he was truly free of it ( supposedly)

Bc a piece of Ansem still lingered at bay in his heart . It wasnt till Ansem the Wise's machine blew it out of him he was truly free of it ( supposedly)

ahaaa :P...the story has gotten so confusing at times :P...need to keep track :P