Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Karysonson

KH3D Problems and Criticism With KH3D

Lets face it KH3D is not a perfect Game and has problems.

Honestly KH3d feels a bit different than past titles.

My first problem is with the overall tone,It feels really kid friendly to the point where it feels like the NEW disney(Not the old one that made all of those classic films) just took over the project,I know Tetsuya Nomura's original ending was concluded to be to dark for the game, I think he might have redid the sorry to be more kid friendly. Tetsuya Nomura also stated in an interview (I believe in KH3D Ultimania) that the game was rushed out and I personally believe The over all experience suffered. I think that He was rushing because of two reasons...

1.In another interview he stated he wanted a kh game to come out every year...

-KH358/2 days 2009

-KHBBS

-KHRE:coded (Same year as bbs in japan 2010 and 2011 for us and Europe)

-KHBBSFM (2011 in japan only)

-KH3D

Obviously hes been keeping his word

2.It KH 10th anniversary

So that's all my problems in terms of story now on to gameplay

The camera is awkward in some of the more bigger battles

The difficultly peeks up and become unfair at times

I found that critical mode didn't need to be unlocked and needed to be unlocked at the start and when you do play it I found that the game Started lagging.

This is a good game but I didnt enjoy it as much as I did with other games in the series (yes even days)

On my list in terms of my favorite games in this series It would be in front of KHDAYS and behind KHBBS.

Thank you for reading and tell me what you think.

Edited by Karysonson

I loved this game but I did feel it felt "short." It didnt take long to beat and I wished the plot was more filled out throughout the game instead of the huge info dump in the last world. Every KH game has one or two annoying bosses .This is no different .But overall i enjoyed this game .

I loved this game but I did feel it felt "short." It didnt take long to beat and I wished the plot was more filled out throughout the game instead of the huge info dump in the last world.

I definitely agree about the plot, but I think that everyone is making the game out to be shorter than it really is. It's a solid 25 hour game, which is a decent length. I think the people on this site are just such huge KH fans that we started playing the game as much as possible when it came out, so we beat it in a few days and it seems short. But if you only play around 2 hours a day, the game would take about 2 weeks to finish.

I wish Lea and Roxas had a lot more screen time than they did and like Flaming Lea said that the whole game was filled with more plot (I did, however, love the info dump at the end so we'd have to keep that), but other than that I thought the game was amazing! The only time I had camera problems when I was facing Julius.

I definitely agree about the plot, but I think that everyone is making the game out to be shorter than it really is. It's a solid 25 hour game, which is a decent length. I think the people on this site are just such huge KH fans that we started playing the game as much as possible when it came out, so we beat it in a few days and it seems short. But if you only play around 2 hours a day, the game would take about 2 weeks to finish.

I beat the game around 20 hours but I wanted to overlevel my self to level 50 early in the game and my cousins were coming over so without the grinding 16 hrs its not that long

I can understand your point but it still ' felt ' short compared to other KH games. At least it did to me

I wish Lea and Roxas had a lot more screen time than they did and like Flaming Lea said that the whole game was filled with more plot (I did, however, love the info dump at the end so we'd have to keep that), but other than that I thought the game was amazing! The only time I had camera problems when I was facing Julius.

Yes we needed more Lea and Roxas !! . I loved the info dump , but was disappointed in the lack of info up until that point however . That was more my point :P

Yes we needed more Lea and Roxas !! . I loved the info dump , but was disappointed in the lack of info up until that point however . That was more my point :P

Best friends forever! When I first saw them together in the trailer I almost cried! Ohhh...haha then I agree with you completely :P

not not really

The game is 20 hours for main story.

OTHER KH games have 48 hours of main story.

This is the shortest game in the series, yes it's great and it's ranked either 2nd or tied with BBS for first for me but it had quite some problems.

- No life in worlds

---> Big world with no life? I mean really? It was the most lonely places. If people didn't watch the movie it seems the only Gypsy is Esmeralda. There were NO gypsies in that area where the gypsies haven is. Also no one was at the festival at fools while "people" were clapping. Who was clapping? Ghosts? Also in Prankster's Paradise for Sora, nooo life there at all it was so empty and it is supposed to be a place where kids hang out.

- The big info bomb dropped only at the last world

---> As much as it was amazing and all, I don't think I was able to process anything that was being said without being mindfiretrucked. THANK GOD FOR WIKI'S AND THIS FORUM but still.

- No hellfire and/or fighting Claude Frollo.

---> Yeah this is personal xD, but I love that song so much and wanted to atleast fight Claude Frollo but noooooo we have to fight a colorful gargoyle.

- Wanted the ending to be darker

---> Yeah it was until some-certain-events-happened which made me a bit disappointed. IT'S STILL GOOD, but still, I wanted a

Soranort

not not really

The game is 20 hours for main story.

OTHER KH games have 48 hours of main story.

This is the shortest game in the series, yes it's great and it's ranked either 2nd or tied with BBS for first for me but it had quite some problems

Huh? KH1 took me 25 for the main story. CoM took about 31. KHII 27. Days 26 and DDD about 26. Haven't played re:coded but wow, how can a KH game take almost 50 hours to complete? :blink:

Huh? KH1 took me 25 for the main story. CoM took about 31. KHII 27. Days 26 and DDD about 26. Haven't played re:coded but wow, how can a KH game take almost 50 hours to complete? :blink:

Yeah, and if you play KH2 without fighting any extra enemies you can get to TWTNW in 15 hours.

The symphony of sorcery world was my least favorite world in the series to date. The bird boss was the most annoying boss ever, it felt so tedious killing him.

The story makes no sense.

Edited by Eterna

for those who said KH3D is shorter than any KH game...I'm gonna say this

both Chain of memories and it's remake was 20 hours

Re:Coded was pretty much 12 hours

......and yoy people said it's the shortest and that doesn't make sense

25 hours is a pretty decent lengh for any Video Game

I got the game day before yesterday and Im up to the final boss xD-

also ....people here bitching about nothing and making the game as if it was the worst game on the series.........and for the guy who said the story doesn't make any sense........Did Final Fantasy games made any sense at all???? I don't think so......or maybe because it's not on a sony console is the reason the game is bad now???????

the longest time anyone may take to complete a KH game is 30 hours,,,that's storywise without the side quests and secret bosses and some exploration

also ....people here bitching about nothing and making the game as if it was the worst game on the series.........and for the guy who said the story doesn't make any sense........Did Final Fantasy games made any sense at all???? I don't think so......or maybe because it's not on a sony console is the reason the game is bad now???????

Who said we were bitching about nothing ? I loved this game but can still recognize there are flaws. And I'm far from the only one who feels this way. It's called an opinion . We all have a right to have one . Also , who here said that bc it wasnt a sony console it was a bad game ? Thats just ridiculous.Also , depending on how much a person 'works' on a game also can dictate how long it takes them. Some enjoy the extra stuff to do on the side and collecting stuff. That can differ from person to person. Don't tell us it doesnt make sense . That is just plain rude .Also this game has an abundance of glitches . It's a great game but FAR from perfect .

I know it has it's flaws....there is no perfect game...not even FFVII or Ocarina of Time.........I had my very own complaints about the game and I'm gonna mention it once I finish it but......some of the complaints(except the glitches which square have to patch) are irrevelant

I'm gonna say though that KH3D is as good as Birth by Sleep and it's better than chain of memories and Days.....but it's far from the quality of KH1 or KH2........not even close

Edited by Metal Snake

I've never played Final Fantasy and even if I did, one game having a disjointed and bad storyliine isn't a very good excuse for another game to be plagued with the same problems.

I know it has it's flaws....there is no perfect game...not even FFVII or Ocarina of Time.........I had my very own complaints about the game and I'm gonna mention it once I finish it but......some of the complaints(except the glitches which square have to patch) are irrevelant

To YOU maybe .. Not to the ones who felt that way . That's why its called an opinion.

To YOU maybe .. Not to the ones who felt that way . That's why its called an opinion.

I know...and I'm sorry about that......the only one that bothered me is the one that is the story doesn't make any sense..........okay..........before we got some explanations from birth by sleep and Days.........many things in the KH series didn't make any sense at it's time but after we heard some good explanations in Birth by Sleep and 3582 Days things started to come together...........so for problem of casting a body away may allowed Xehanort to time travel............this might be explainded later in KH3 or a spin off........I don't think that Xehanort did time travel at all.....since they're in the realm of dreams.(which yen sid said that has the past of said sleeping worlds) it would make sense that he bring a dream version of his younger self instead of a real one because bringing the real one may cause a Time Paradox( Serah and Noel to the rescue looool)

I know...and I'm sorry about that......the only one that bothered me is the one that is the story doesn't make any sense..........okay..........before we got some explanations from birth by sleep and Days.........many things in the KH series didn't make any sense at it's time but after we heard some good explanations in Birth by Sleep and 3582 Days things started to come together...........so for problem of casting a body away may allowed Xehanort to time travel............this might be explainded later in KH3 or a spin off........I don't think that Xehanort did time travel at all.....since they're in the realm of dreams.(which yen sid said that has the past of said sleeping worlds) it would make sense that he bring a dream version of his younger self instead of a real one because bringing the real one may cause a Time Paradox( Serah and Noel to the rescue looool)

I wounder why square is into time travel these days....

All past titles have explained things well enough. BBS and 358/2 days filled in plot holes, it didn't make the past games stories make much more sense. You could play KH2 and still understand everything, even without the spin offs.

KH DDD doesn't do that, it throws time travel down your throat and doesn't bother to explain anything, even the Disney Worlds are confusing and jumbled together due to the drop system and two versions of a world existing at once nonsense.

Honestly, the addition of time travel was completely unnecessary and I feel at this point that the series is trying to make itself seem more deep by being confusing.

Edited by Eterna

Lets face it KH3D is not a perfect Game and has problems.

Honestly KH3d feels a bit different than past titles.

My first problem is with the overall tone,It feels really kid friendly to the point where it feels like the NEW disney(Not the old one that made all of those classic films) just took over the project,I know Tetsuya Nomura's original ending was concluded to be to dark for the game, I think he might have redid the sorry to be more kid friendly. Tetsuya Nomura also stated in an interview (I believe in KH3D Ultimania) that the game was rushed out and I personally believe The over all experience suffered. I think that He was rushing because of two reasons...

1.In another interview he stated he wanted a kh game to come out every year...

-KH358/2 days 2009

-KHBBS

-KHRE:coded (Same year as bbs in japan 2010 and 2011 for us and Europe)

-KHBBSFM (2011 in japan only)

-KH3D

Obviously hes been keeping his word

2.It KH 10th anniversary

So that's all my problems in terms of story now on to gameplay

The camera is awkward in some of the more bigger battles

The difficultly peeks up and become unfair at times

I found that critical mode didn't need to be unlocked and needed to be unlocked at the start and when you do play it I found that the game Started lagging.

This is a good game but I didnt enjoy it as much as I did with other games in the series (yes even days)

On my list in terms of my favorite games in this series It would be in front of KHRE:coded but behind KH358/2 days.

Thank you for reading and tell me what you think.

To be fair I think KH3D is behind KHBBS and in front of 358/2 days Edited by Karysonson