Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
MyDixieRect

Do you guys prefer Xiaolin Showdown or Avatar?

Xiaolin Showdown or Avatar?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer? Xiaolin Showdown or Avatar: The Last Airbender?

• Xiaolin Showdown
    • I like them equally

As much as I love both shows, I'll have to go with Avatar. Xiolin Showdown was a big part of my childhood, but Avatar has stuck with me, and I personally think it's one of the best shows out there, and it lasted a lot longer than XS, so Avatar for me!

By the way, speaking of Avatar, the Legend of Korra is an amazing show, season 2 needs to hurry up hahaha

I only recently discovered Avatar. I only had the public broadcasting channels on tv when I was younger (and still now), so I'm still finding awesome cartoons randomly. At the public library. Heheh...

Needless to say, I watched all three seasons in five days (no, I didn't have a life this summer). I liked it a lot. >:}

As much as I love both shows, I'll have to go with Avatar. Xiolin Showdown was a big part of my childhood, but Avatar has stuck with me, and I personally think it's one of the best shows out there, and it lasted a lot longer than XS, so Avatar for me!

By the way, speaking of Avatar, the Legend of Korra is an amazing show, season 2 needs to hurry up hahaha

They both lasted 3 seasons.

I'm just about to finish Avatar and move on to the Legend of Korra. How does it compare to the original?

Both awesome shows, but overall Avatar stuck with me more. It might be because the storyline had a grander, more epic scale. Everything set out to wow you--the setting, the characters, and their development (Zuko's stands out). Xiaolin Showdown had that, too, but it was more about awesome fun and combat. Avatar really made you care about things in a way a lot of shows don't.

Both awesome shows, but overall Avatar stuck with me more. It might be because the storyline had a grander, more epic scale. Everything set out to wow you--the setting, the characters, and their development (Zuko's stands out). Xiaolin Showdown had that, too, but it was more about awesome fun and combat. Avatar really made you care about things in a way a lot of shows don't.

Like Azula for instance! It really made me care about her. I also like the way the benders use the elements in Avatar, they can be very creative at times and you don't see that kind of grand usage in Xiaolin Showdown. Still, I need to watch Xiaolin Showdown once more before I can decide. Although it didn't have a lackluster first season like Avatar so there's a good plus.

They both lasted 3 seasons.

I'm just about to finish Avatar and move on to the Legend of Korra. How does it compare to the original?

By lasted longer I meant it was/has been more popular than XS and remembered more, but I never realized XS lasted that long, that's cool, I should go rewatch that haha.

Oh man ummmmmm well first season of Korra was amazing, like so good I watched the first season again right after I finished it haha. I couldn't accurately say if it's better than the first season of Avatar though, cause I haven't watched that in soooooo long. But, from what I remember, I'd say the first season of Korra was better, or at least lives up to Avatar. It's really great, you'll have tons of fun watching it!

I prefer Avatar because most of what Xioalin Showdown had going for it were awesome weapons, while Avatar had a lot more depth of character and growth, as well as a major over-arching plot right from the get-go, rather than a series of fetch quests that often required you to forget previous episode events.

By lasted longer I meant it was/has been more popular than XS and remembered more, but I never realized XS lasted that long, that's cool, I should go rewatch that haha.

Oh man ummmmmm well first season of Korra was amazing, like so good I watched the first season again right after I finished it haha. I couldn't accurately say if it's better than the first season of Avatar though, cause I haven't watched that in soooooo long. But, from what I remember, I'd say the first season of Korra was better, or at least lives up to Avatar. It's really great, you'll have tons of fun watching it!

Oh, my mistake haha. Yeah, and they're bringing Xiaolin Showdown back next year with a new series called Xiaolin Chronicles, so I'm lookingg forward to that haha.

Oh wow Korra sounds totally amazing! I wasn't a big fan of the first season of Avatar so I think I'll enjoy Korra's more. But the second and third seasons of Avatar were sooo good that I hope Korra can keep up with them. I'm gonna miss Aang, Sokka, Katara and Toph so much...

Oh, my mistake haha. Yeah, and they're bringing Xiaolin Showdown back next year with a new series called Xiaolin Chronicles, so I'm lookingg forward to that haha.

Oh wow Korra sounds totally amazing! I wasn't a big fan of the first season of Avatar so I think I'll enjoy Korra's more. But the second and third seasons of Avatar were sooo good that I hope Korra can keep up with them. I'm gonna miss Aang, Sokka, Katara and Toph so much...

No it's all good, it was my mistake really, I worded it weird so my bad haha.

Wait, oh my god ARE THEY REALLY??? I must find out more about this, oh my god I'm so excited that's amazing hahaha.

And yeah I do remember the first season of Avatar being kinda slow, but don't worry you won't be upset with Korra, it's amazing! And actually I was thinking the same thing, the later seasons of Avatar were so good, hopefully Korra will be at least just as good. But with the way the first season was, I have high hopes for the future of Korra haha.

Not spoiling anything, but once you watch Korra you won't be missing them for long *wink wink* *nudge nudge* haha

No it's all good, it was my mistake really, I worded it weird so my bad haha.

Wait, oh my god ARE THEY REALLY??? I must find out more about this, oh my god I'm so excited that's amazing hahaha.

And yeah I do remember the first season of Avatar being kinda slow, but don't worry you won't be upset with Korra, it's amazing! And actually I was thinking the same thing, the later seasons of Avatar were so good, hopefully Korra will be at least just as good. But with the way the first season was, I have high hopes for the future of Korra haha.

Not spoiling anything, but once you watch Korra you won't be missing them for long *wink wink* *nudge nudge* haha

THEY ARE! I don't think there's much info out there yet but there's gonna be a new dragon!!!! Can't wait to see who they are!

OK, I will watch it very soon! Thanks for the advice!^^ But...I just finished Avatar today and I just can't believe it's over. It's still hanging over me like, I'm just not ready to say goodbye yet. Aaang, Katara, Sokka, Toph, Zuko, Suki and even Azula, I love them too much I just can't move on yet! ;_; I'll try and start Korra tomorrow but I'm still so sad that The Last Airbender is over! :( Oh yeah, do we ever find out what happened to Sokka and Suki's relationship? I really hope they stayed together.

So I'll see them again?! That's amazing!!!!

THEY ARE! I don't think there's much info out there yet but there's gonna be a new dragon!!!! Can't wait to see who they are!

OK, I will watch it very soon! Thanks for the advice!^^ But...I just finished Avatar today and I just can't believe it's over. It's still hanging over me like, I'm just not ready to say goodbye yet. Aaang, Katara, Sokka, Toph, Zuko, Suki and even Azula, I love them too much I just can't move on yet! ;_; I'll try and start Korra tomorrow but I'm still so sad that The Last Airbender is over! :( Oh yeah, do we ever find out what happened to Sokka and Suki's relationship? I really hope they stayed together.

So I'll see them again?! That's amazing!!!!

YEESSS I can't wait for that to come out, oh man.

I know right?? Avatar had that same effect on me too, the ending was so emotional and awesome!! Trust me though, once you start watching Korra, you won't be that sad that Avatar is over because you'll be too excited about Korra to worry about it haha. Or at least that's how I was.

You know, I actually can't remember if they stayed together or not. Pretty sure they did though. Or at least I hope they did, they were awesome together haha. And if I remember correctly, Suki isn't even mentioned in Korra, so far at least. But I may be wrong, watch it and let me know haha.

But YEAH you'll see the whole gang again!! I won't spoil it for you, but it's SO EPIC

I don't think I could really compare the shows really

While they're similar in some aspects they're stories and plot are completely different and each show offers something that the other one doesn't so ;o