Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Gambler'sApprentice

KH3D Training *spoilers*

So Lea pops up and says I want to larn how to use a Keyblade, and Mickey and Yen Sid decide it's a good idea, and in order to help him get better faster, they send him to Merlin and the three fairies (who apparently hang out now) to accelerate his training. My question is how did they teach him anything really useful when none of them can wield Keyblades? I'm sure they have a certain amount of knowledge they have read about, or talked with Yen Sid about, but that can't be enough to teach someone how to use a Keyblade completely from scratch?

They could still probably teach him different skills; at the very least, powerful magics. Seeing as Merlin can time travel (O_O OMG THE IMPLICATIONS OF THAT I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE OMFG), we can assume he's a pretty powerful wizard. Magical beings in general could be a good help. Also note that the three good fairies were able to unlock Sora's drive forms, giving him the ability to use an extra keyblade he didn't even know he had.

Mmm i´m kinda liked with the idea that more than a keyblade trainig was indeed a magic- Critic- Extensive- 5 minutes- training.... after all Lea used his chackrams when he saved sora from Xehanort.... but anyway... that or they used magical "copies" of wielders for making lea learn to combat----

Because Merlin is BOSS ...That is all .

Yeah.... after all he is XXXXXXX years more older than yensid.... Or not?

Maybe they gave him magic keyblade clothes?

A new sweet outfit for Lea like Sora in KH2? YES PLEASE

It'd be hard to beat his current Org. cloak though, cause that thing is already awesome enough

yen sid performed the ceremony on lea before he went, and merlin used his magic to perfom a 'hyperbolic time chamber' equivalent so he could do extended training in a short amount of time. Obviously lea wasn't 'skilled' or 'worthy' enough until saving Sora though.

(or perhaps xehanorts heart went in to lea when he blocked it, which is why he was able to summon it after that?)

yen sid performed the ceremony on lea before he went, and merlin used his magic to perfom a 'hyperbolic time chamber' equivalent so he could do extended training in a short amount of time. Obviously lea wasn't 'skilled' or 'worthy' enough until saving Sora though.

(or perhaps xehanorts heart went in to lea when he blocked it, which is why he was able to summon it after that?)

• Did he have any prior experience?
In order to wield a Keyblade, the most important requirement is to be “the owner of a strong heart.” Regardless if it’s a good heart or a bad heart, a strong heart is necessary. Right now there are a lot of things that Lea wants to regain. That desire is connected to the strength of his heart.

(emphasis mine)

Most likely Isanort's appearance was the trigger; it strengthened his desire to save his friends even more, and the Keyblade decided he was finally worthy.

Obviously lea wasn't 'skilled' or 'worthy' enough until saving Sora though.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but wouldn't they have known right away if Lea couldn't weild at the time. We've seen that if someone who wasn't chosen tries to hold a keyblade, it goes away.

Considering how many people were keyblade wielders in the war, I would say they all don't need to be "chosen" as someone already mentioned you just need a strong heart, which Lea obviously has or his nobody wouldn't have kept a humanoid appearance.

It probably does just take time to learn to summon a weapon you never used, especially if your previous weapons were so different.

And, to train him I don't think they'd need to be keyblade wielders. They can stand back, observe, use their expert knowledge to tell him what to do, summon magical beings for him to train on/fight, and teach him the skills he would need before he even goes into combat with his keyblade, unlike Sora/Riku/(and I suppose Kairi now?) who learnt along the way (well actually I guess Kairi's getting training now, she'll prob train in a similar way to Lea)

Didn't Lea meet Ven in BBS? Also, Yen Sid IS a Master, even if he is retired, so he could have gotten the ability from him also.

As for training, the keyblade is a highly magical weapon, so it makes some sense that Merlin would know a little about it. Or maybe he's just trying to learn magic other than his roid-rage fire spells. xP