Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
hatok

How will they handle the Deep Jungle copyrights issue?

I'm sure it will be alright. Square Enix acquired the rights for the world for Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts Final Mix over a decade ago. That agreement still stands today.

Square Enix, as far as I've hear, has rights to Disney's works. If Disney can't offer the rights, the agreement can't stand.

Square Enix, as far as I've hear, has rights to Disney's works. If Disney can't offer the rights, the agreement can't stand.

They still release brand new copies of Kingdom Hearts for the PS2. Which means that the agreement for KH still stands.

They still release brand new copies of Kingdom Hearts for the PS2. Which means that the agreement for KH still stands.

It may stand for that game, but that doesn't mean it carries over to new releases. KH1 isn't being MADE anymore.

Really, it comes down to the wording on the contract as it were, and none of us will probably ever know that

It may stand for that game, but that doesn't mean it carries over to new releases. KH1 isn't being MADE anymore.

Really, it comes down to the wording on the contract as it were, and none of us will probably ever know that

They released plenty of new copies last year.

They released plenty of new copies last year.

That means nothing though. Of course they still have the rights to a game that's already released

But I'm not sure that an HD remake is the same deal. It's a new game, for all intents and purposes.

A song can easily be re-bought or negotiated. Tarzan is an entire franchise

No, its not the same. The song was "given" away. I won't go into details, but Kojima willingly gave the rights to the song away. MGS4 and Brawl were supposed to have the song but it was cut. You can still find the MGS theme in the coding for Brawl. Every game after that happened has excluded the theme song with the only exception being the MGS2 and MGS3 HD ports.

Maybe they cut it out? Was there anything really important to the story in this world (I know about the castle slide but there are many people who never got it)?

Maybe they cut it out? Was there anything really important to the story in this world (I know about the castle slide but there are many people who never got it)?

I don't think they would.

You'd be taking out a big part of the game, where you unlock weapons, level up, get a trinity mark and a few cutscenes happen. You'd be taking out some essential parts of the game, and would have to make some big adjustments accordingly to make up for it.

If that were the case it would most likely just be left, and not bought over due to the rights issues.

^ It's not. And rights to a franchise (especially for one world in a game) can easily be temporarily bought for that specific release. Honestly, they know the western market eats up Kingdom Hearts, and they know cutting KH1 would jeopardise sells. We may not get KHFM (for voice reasons) , but something like this won't hold them back from rereleasing KH.