Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

How long have you owned your current computer?

How long have you owned your current computer?   

192 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you owned your current computer?

• Less than a year, it's still pretty new.
    • 1-2 years, it's fairly modern.
    • 3-4 years, it still works fine.
    • 5-7 years, it's starting to show its age.
    • 8-10 years, I can't believe it still works.
    • More than 10 years, it belongs in a museum.

Considering I pretty much have the curse of breaking a laptop every other year or so, this one is little over a year old.

Edited by Runay

My laptop, I've had for a little over 4 and a half years. Starting to show its age. My desktop, I've owned for about a year or so, but my brother owned it before me for about 6. So it's old, but gets upgraded fairly often. Planning on saving for a new one though.

... I was hoping that most would be 8-10, though that would be bad because it would mean most people wouldn't be able to play the newer games that came out. ANYWAYS, mine is an amazing 9 years old and STILL WORKS! I mostly watch youtube videos on it though occasionaly ill play a game from steam that can run on it. I just find it amazing that people are able to afford new computers. I that's because most of you have a job and I'm just a kid and a new computer or computer parts are/is WAAAAAAAAAAAY too expensive for either of my parents.

Less than a year but it's secondhand so pretty scratched up on the exterior of it. Not to mention it already died out on me once, lost everything on it, was a miracle we even got it to work again. And then there's the problem where I can't til the screen forward AT ALL now, 'cause the backlight cable needs replacing or something... So everytime I DO tilt it forward, the screen acts as if I've turned the brightness down to 0.

The laptop was a Christmas present, but then my stepdad (who bought it for me) goes and buys himself a brand new and better version. That pissed me off for quite a while.

Edited by Xalaru