Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

HD 1.5 ReMIX appears in Famitsu Weekly (w/ Nomura interview, hints at KH2 HD)

The latest issue of Famitsu Weekly, releasing on October 4, 2012, has contained an article on Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-, with mention of Kingdom Hearts for PC Browsers. Details of this article have appeared online on 2ch.net, gamenyarth and hokanko-alt, and translations have appeared thanks to sqexgal [original translation] and our translator goldpanner [original translation]. Read on to see a summary of what Nomura said, and check back later for scans and the full interview.

- HD 1.5 ReMIX will be co-directed by Tai Yasue, who previously co-directed Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]. The producer is Rie Nishi, and the director is, of course, Tetsuya Nomura.

- Famitsu asked “Is there gonna be a high-definition version of Kingdom Hearts II later?”, and Nomura replied “It’d be unusual if there wasn’t.”

- Various character models for Kingdom Hearts, including Sora, have been replaced with character models from Kingdom Hearts 3D.

- The two titles included as games will have trophy support. Various aspects of Kingdom Hearts have been changed to be more like Kingdom Hearts II. The screen ratio and gauge placement have also been revised. The controls are made to be a little closer to the Kingdom Hearts II controls.

- Nomura thought of doing a full remake for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, but since it was too late to start work on a new title, it was done in the form of Theater Mode. 70% of the main story has been put to video with freshly-recorded voicing, and they are currently working on around 100 scenes.

- The series so far has been scattered on various hardware, by the time new fans came to know Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II was already out. Before turning to the conclusion of the present series, the 'Seeker of Darkness Chronicles' (same as what has been called the Xehanort Chronicles up until now), Nomura wanted to bring the whole story together.

- Nomura: “I figured since there were people who had a hard time keeping up with the sequels, we had to start from the beginning with Kingdom Hearts HD. I also thought that familiar fans might make new discoveries seeing everything in chronological order with the sequels side by side.”

- Nomura said that because the series so far has been scattered over different consoles, there have been people who found it difficult to access sequels. Seeing as you will now be able to enjoy the story in HD quality right from the beginning, he would absolutely love for those who haven't played yet to do so. Even those who have already played it all may make new discoveries regarding foreshadowing and lines that reference previous lines and such. He would be happy if this title turns out to be a 'restart' for the series.

Nomura promised us a KH game every year so next year it'll be KH HD 1.5 ReMIX and then the year after that may be KH HD 2 ReMIX and the year after that can finally be KH3, it gives him plenty of time to develop KH3 and it still keeps the promise of a KH game every year :D

Regarding the Theater Mode, 70 percent are mainly old scenes made to be new cutscenes with voice.

At first I was like "oh, they're redubbing Sora's voice!?" Then I realized he meant 358/2 Days. I probably should've realized that we'd get a localization announcement before that sort of detail is confirmed.

Seventy percent is quite the portion of new scenes. I wonder if most of these are Roxas and co. eating ice cream...

"edit" Nomura is a gd troll. But we knew that already.

Edited by Columned-Munny

Does anyone mind showing me a Q & A where Nomura answers with a STRAIGHTFORWARD ANSWER? Thanks.

Well, the one where he explicitly said that young Xehanort was the Mysterious Figure before DDD was released was pretty out of character

Wait, so Re:CoM will only be in the form of cutscenes in the HD 1.5 ReMix? What the fudge!! :/

I would actually be less angry about Days being cutscenes if RE: CoM was also only custscenes.

The homescreen announcement says that the theater mode is for Re:CoM. Might want to fix that.

its some mistake somewhere along the line

i mean or its just that the Kingdom Hearts 358 2 Days HD Cut Scenes are the only Scenes that will be in the Theater mode, i mean honestly, if Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re. Chain of Memories aren't in the theater mode, who cares, not really a big deal, its not like people are only buying the game just for the Theater mode and and won't play Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re Chain of Memories. so i say its a mistake in the reporting, or translation or something, and even if it isn't its no big deal

Edited by KeyToDestiny26