Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Amon

Romney wins first presidential debate.

Well it's not like Obama is a good president.

it's not like romney is good person

anyways, i didnt hear much about the debate but i pretty much heard it went down like

'UR WRONG'

'NO UR WRONG'

'NO UR WRONG'

etc

and giving eachother ugly looks

anyways, i didnt hear much about the debate but i pretty much heard it went down like

'UR WRONG'

'NO UR WRONG'

'NO UR WRONG'

etc

That is the gist of any debate but the fact of the matter is Obama failed to effectively articulate any of his points in an organized way. In fact half of the time, he failed to answer the question at all or would skirt around the question because he had no answers. Whether you like Romney or not he clearly won this debate.

Also the debate is posted in this thread if you want see it.

'UR WRONG'

'NO UR WRONG'

'NO UR WRONG'

etc

I think that's how they normally go. :P

I don't come from America but... please don't let Obama loose guys...

That's so easy to say when he's not ruining your country.

How can you know Romney isn't a good person when you've never met him?

Speaking to a crowd that will probably applaud at everything you say is very different than speaking to a crowd that will criticize your every move AND to the person who's trying to take your job away.

I suppose so, good point.

Speaking to a crowd that will probably applaud at everything you say is very different than speaking to a crowd that will criticize your every move AND to the person who's trying to take your job away.

Of course Amon would know that. :P

Well...Romney did talk ALOT more than Obama....so I guess he wins? O_o

Actually--no he didn't. According to CNN speaking clock, Obama got a whole 3 minutes longer than Romney.

It just FELT like Romney spoke more, because he went from point 1, to point 2, to point 3, etc. while Obama just "ummed" a lot and spoke about fluff.

Maybe you should learn things about his past before you say things like that.... He does VOLUNTARILY spend 30% of his paycheck to various charities every year, got Mass. schools to be rated #1 in the nation, helped other struggling families (not even related to him) pay for their children's college tuition, helped give some struggling families a Christmas, and personally and anonymously paid for 7,000 gallons of milk a week for three+years to feed the Veterans at some Veteran Humanitarian Center place--and that is just to name a few. He did this all by himself, without needing to call the Government.

I don't really know what classifies as a "good person" in your book, but if someone does all of this, and is so humble enough to not even brag about it--to me that constitutes as a "good person."

I understand you might not agree with his politics, I accept that. But you shouldn't call someone a bad person because of that. People are judged off their character--not necessarily their politics.

Edited by wayfinder823

Actually--no he didn't. According to CNN speaking clock, Obama got a whole 3 minutes longer than Romney.

It just FELT like Romney spoke more, because he went from point 1, to point 2, to point 3, etc. while Obama just "ummed" a lot and spoke about fluff.

When I posted that I meant actual talking...not "ummming".

Let's get one thing straight, in all honesty: Romney did not win the debate, he commandeered the debate.

I agree, Obama appeared somewhat weak in the debate, but that's because he obeyed the moderator. If the moderator of a debate tells you it's time to stop talking, you stop talking, and throughout the debate Romney was screaming over the moderator.

at 1:18:00 or so, here's how it goes, and this isn't the only time he does this:

Mod: We're running out of time.

Romney: Jim, Jim, Ji-

Mod: Are you gon-

Romney: Mr President.

Mod: And on to that-

Romney: Mr President, Mr President, as president you're entitled to your own airplane and your own house but not your own facts.

He ignores and talks over the moderator as if he was some heckler telling him that 9/11 was an inside job or something.

I don't mind if you like Romney, all I'm saying is that I don't understand where all this "win" stuff is coming from, because people make it seem like he won in any sense other than numbers. You don't win an argument by being the loudest, contrary to popular belief xD

Although I shouldn't be surprised that American politics are childish like this; they always have been :/ come on over to the promised land, it's all picnics and rainbows here xD

As a side note, I also find the 47% undecided to be hilarious. Sometimes we have good candidates for an election, but often times the decision is basically "would you rather eat a shit sandwich, or a shit burrito?" Doesn't make that much difference xD

Someone who actually understands. Thank You so much.

I tell people this when they ask me who won.

People obviously don't understand Debating.

Just because you speak the most doesn't mean he/she won. That fact is Mitt told about 40 lies and Obama told way less than that.

Mitt facts were not straight and you all are buying into it like he wanted you too. Obama's mind was on his anniversary, and I don't blame him that is more important than a stupid debate.

Obama's mind was on his anniversary, and I don't blame him that is more important than a stupid debate.

This man has great priorities if thats how you put it. Whats an important debate that could help keep your job for another four years to getting laid afterwards?

Just because you speak the most doesn't mean he/she won. That fact is Mitt told about 40 lies and Obama told way less than that.

Mitt facts were not straight and you all are buying into it like he wanted you too. Obama's mind was on his anniversary, and I don't blame him that is more important than a stupid debate.

Have you actually watched the debate ? People arent saying he won bc he was louder. He won bc he actually debated facts and points while Obama fumbled from answer to answer . And If you think Obama doesn't lie you are completely in the dark ., Prove where Romney lied 40 xs and Obama didnt .So because we think Romney was better in this debate we don't know how to debate ? Nonsense .Also , you are a mind reader bc you think you know what was on Obamas mind too? Soo many baseless assumptions . Finally , Why shouldn't Obama take these debates seriously ? They will help determine his future job security . Can't get more important than that .....

Edited by Flaming Lea

Quite frankly nothing you stated in your post is true the debate was not about truth and lies, it was about answering the questions in the most effective manner. Romney didn't win because he spoke the most, he won because at the end of the day effectively answered the questions in an effective well organized way. Obama failed to to do this at all if you can deny this I suggest you actually watch the debate instead of band wagoning on other peoples opinions. Unless you educate yourself on what's going on, you're going to look like a fool when you post on these type of topics.

Also....

Posted Image

I think someone needs to check their priorities.

Have you actually watched the debate ? People arent saying he won bc he was louder. He won bc he actually debated facts and points while Obama fumbled from answer to answer . And If you think Obama doesn't lie you are completely in the dark ., Prove where Romney lied 40 xs and Obama didnt .So because we think Romney was better in this debate we don't know how to debate ? Nonsense .Also , you are a mind reader bc you think you know what was on Obamas mind too? Soo many baseless assumptions . Finally , Why shouldn't Obama take these debates seriously ? They will help determine his future job security . Can't get more important than that .....

This man has great priorities if thats how you put it. Whats an important debate that could help keep your job for another four years to getting laid afterwards?

100% correct. Edited by devereauxr

I never said Obama did not lie. I am not that big of an idiot.

Quite frankly nothing you stated in your post is true the debate was not about truth and lies, it was about answering the questions in the most effective manner. Romney didn't win because he spoke the most, he won because at the end of the day effectively answered the questions in an effective well organized way. Obama failed to to do this at all if you can deny this I suggest you actually watch the debate instead of band wagoning on other peoples opinions. Unless you educate yourself on what's going on, you're going to look like a fool when you post on these type of topics.

Also....

Posted Image

I think someone needs to check their priorities.

100% correct.

I watched the debate. Thank you very much. I am entitled to my opinion. I didn't say I thought Obama won. It was a complete tie to me.

Regarding his anniversary, I did not speak clearly enough. Obviously it was on his mind and he couldn't focus. Although, I am not using it as an excuse for his poor debating. I am saying my mind would be focused on that too. Mitt Romney was really disrespectful during his debate towards the moderator and that is what turned me off about him.

This is why I hate politics and discussing it. I always get bashed and have to fight turning ugly towards people. Not f*cking cool.

I can't wait until this is all over. Everyone tends to be down my throat. So I will step away before I lose it.

I'd rather be happy without a job than miserable with one. Just Sayin'

Not saying Obama would do the same thing.

I never said Obama did not lie. I am not that big of an idiot.

I watched the debate. Thank you very much. I am entitled to my opinion. I didn't say I thought Obama won. It was a complete tie to me.

Regarding his anniversary, I did not speak clearly enough. Obviously it was on his mind and he couldn't focus. Although, I am not using it as an excuse for his poor debating. I am saying my mind would be focused on that too. Mitt Romney was really disrespectful during his debate towards the moderator and that is what turned me off about him.

This is why I hate politics and discussing it. I always get bashed and have to fight turning ugly towards people. Not f*cking cool.

I can't wait until this is all over. Everyone tends to be down my throat. So I will step away before I lose it.

I'd rather be happy without a job than miserable with one. Just Sayin'

Not saying Obama would do the same thing.

If you watched the debate you would not be thinking it was a clear tie because quite simply Obama was not effective at all making his points, in fact half the time he skirted around the questions. Regardless whether it was his annivesary or not his primary concern should have been the debate and by extention his job.

Let's get one thing straight, in all honesty: Romney did not win the debate, he commandeered the debate.

I agree, Obama appeared somewhat weak in the debate, but that's because he obeyed the moderator. If the moderator of a debate tells you it's time to stop talking, you stop talking, and throughout the debate Romney was screaming over the moderator.

at 1:18:00 or so, here's how it goes, and this isn't the only time he does this:

Mod: We're running out of time.

Romney: Jim, Jim, Ji-

Mod: Are you gon-

Romney: Mr President.

Mod: And on to that-

Romney: Mr President, Mr President, as president you're entitled to your own airplane and your own house but not your own facts.

He ignores and talks over the moderator as if he was some heckler telling him that 9/11 was an inside job or something.

I don't mind if you like Romney, all I'm saying is that I don't understand where all this "win" stuff is coming from, because people make it seem like he won in any sense other than numbers. You don't win an argument by being the loudest, contrary to popular belief xD

Although I shouldn't be surprised that American politics are childish like this; they always have been :/ come on over to the promised land, it's all picnics and rainbows here xD

As a side note, I also find the 47% undecided to be hilarious. Sometimes we have good candidates for an election, but often times the decision is basically "would you rather eat a shit sandwich, or a shit burrito?" Doesn't make that much difference xD

You win a debate when you make your argument more convincing than the other person's. Romney did exactly that, therefore he won. As for talking over the moderator, he shouldn't have done that. It still doesn't change the fact that he did a better job in the debate than Obama did.

Like I said to Hikari, you win a debate by making a much better case than the other person, which Romney did, and 40 lies? Would you mind telling me half of those lies? I'd love to know. Also Obama isn't running for husband of the year, he's running for President. What if the country was attacked on his anniversary? What if the economy crashed on his anniversary? What if our diplomatic ties with a once friendly country were broken on his anniversary? Are we supposed to let shit hit the fan because the crisis inconveniently occurred the day the president wasn't focused?

Edited by Amon

You win a debate when you make your argument more convincing than the other person's. Romney did exactly that, therefore he won. As for talking over the moderator, he shouldn't have done that. It still doesn't change the fact that he did a better job in the debate than Obama did.

Like I said to Hikari, you win a debate by making a much better case than the other person, which Romney did, and 40 lies? Would you mind telling me half of those lies? I'd love to know. Also Obama isn't running for husband of the year, he's running for President. What if the country was attacked on his anniversary? What if the economy crashed on his anniversary? What if our diplomatic ties with a once friendly country were broken on his anniversary? Are we supposed to let shit hit the fan because the crisis inconveniently occurred the day the president wasn't focused?

Couldn't agree more my friend.

For the record, Romney wasn't the only one that was rude to the Moderator.

Jim Lehrer tried to cut President Obama after going well over his two minute allotted speech on Obamacare, and Obama retorted:

"No, I had five seconds before you interrupted me."

He went on to finish his thought, which, by the way, took much longer than five seconds.

Both candidates share the blame of being rude to the moderator.

I know everyone who runs for president says things they're "going to do" and never does them. Obama has done it, and he'll do it again if re-elected. But I think he's been humbled a bit by being the president and realizing how little power he actually has. Mitt Romney doesn't seem to know that (as well as anyone who hasnt been president) and so he seemed to just crank it up to eleven with the debate. If you'll allow me to exaggerate for a minute, it was basically like this:

Obama: I want to save all of the people in America and create jobs for everybody.

Romney: Oh yeah? Well I'll do that AND I'll save the world! No, the Universe!

Obama: You seem to think that saving the universe is something easy, that you'll be able to do on day one. I only want to save all of the people and create a trillion jobs.

Romney: Mr. President, if you'll allow me-- I did not say I wanted to save the universe. That is not my policy. My policy is that I wanted to save the solar system.

I deliberately exaggerated the hell out of it to avoid nitpicking details from the debate, but what I'm saying is that he often tweaks his stances to still appear appealing to his supporters while also narrowly dodging the opponent's accusation... through lying. Believe me, it's how I argue when I get angry, and it's a good way to get people to be quiet, but it's also really immature.

I know everyone who runs for president says things they're "going to do" and never does them. Obama has done it, and he'll do it again if re-elected. But I think he's been humbled a bit by being the president and realizing how little power he actually has. Mitt Romney doesn't seem to know that (as well as anyone who hasnt been president) and so he seemed to just crank it up to eleven with the debate. If you'll allow me to exaggerate for a minute, it was basically like this:

Obama: I want to save all of the people in America and create jobs for everybody.

Romney: Oh yeah? Well I'll do that AND I'll save the world! No, the Universe!

Obama: You seem to think that saving the universe is something easy, that you'll be able to do on day one. I only want to save all of the people and create a trillion jobs.

Romney: Mr. President, if you'll allow me-- I did not say I wanted to save the universe. That is not my policy. My policy is that I wanted to save the solar system.

I deliberately exaggerated the hell out of it to avoid nitpicking details from the debate, but what I'm saying is that he often tweaks his stances to still appear appealing to his supporters while also narrowly dodging the opponent's accusation... through lying. Believe me, it's how I argue when I get angry, and it's a good way to get people to be quiet, but it's also really immature.

First off, most of the country is ignorant to how much power the President has, rather a lack of power. Why not use that to your advantage? Also the President still controls the military and can issue executive orders which must be followed (unless they are deemed unconstitutional by the supreme court). Secondly, Obama isn't so innocent of that either. He built his entire 2008 election around dodging all logic and reason brought up against him and rallying people under his slogans and ideals. The reason Obama is hurting now is because he can't do that anymore. Sure, loyal democrats will still support him, however those that are easily influenced and still haven't decided may not flock to him. The tried and proven way to get support is to get people's spirits up while ignoring the facts. Every politician in history has succeeded this way. I'd like you to find one that was successful without doing this.

First off, most of the country is ignorant to how much power the President has, rather a lack of power. Why not use that to your advantage? Also the President still controls the military and can issue executive orders which must be followed (unless they are deemed unconstitutional by the supreme court). Secondly, Obama isn't so innocent of that either. He built his entire 2008 election around dodging all logic and reason brought up against him and rallying people under his slogans and ideals. The reason Obama is hurting now is because he can't do that anymore. Sure, loyal democrats will still support him, however those that are easily influenced and still haven't decided may not flock to him. The tried and proven way to get support is to get people's spirits up while ignoring the facts. Every politician in history has succeeded this way. I'd like you to find one that was successful without doing this.

I couldn't show you one, you're asking for the holy grail filled with unicorn blood xD I agree being a politician is reliant on being a scumbag and a liar. People just have different ideas of how much of a scumbag or a liar certain politicians are. I personally find Romney to be an absolutely vile human being, but you probably have an equal view of Obama. If it was an easy choice, we wouldn't bother to have an election.

In the spirit of democracy (whatever's left of it) may the best man win, hmm? xD

I couldn't show you one, you're asking for the holy grail filled with unicorn blood xD I agree being a politician is reliant on being a scumbag and a liar.

Took you guys long enough to get to the point. Thats why they judge debates based on style and delivery rather than content. All politicians lie. Take it from the god of lies. Edited by Loki

It would be ignorant to say he didn't win :0 but anyways even if he did do good, my views aren't changed, I'll be voting for Obama come November time.

My firaga shield is on :0

Obama I only wish I could vote for him, we don't need anyone else like Bush in the White House. I'm glad most of us are voting for Obama.