Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Nora Valkyrie

The Roleplayers

So uh Pretty sure at least a couple of you have more actual relationship experience than I doWhich is zeroAnd I'm kinda desperate for some kind of different perspectiveAnd idea on what in the world I should doFirst thought was hereSo here goes I've had a huge crush on this guy for the past year and a half or so, but we've never really hung out in any scenario aside from a large group of friends. A couple of lunches with just us at school, but that's it for alone time basically. In any case, a mutual friend learned of these feelings, and immediately pushed me to ask him out. I continually refused, because... I don't know. I feel like a relationship is a step I'm not ready to take. A few other friends have found out and done the same thing, tried to get me to ask him out. I just kinda smiled, shrugged it off. But earlier today, the first friend took me aside and directly told me that he likes me back, but he's too shy to do anything. Now I feel like I really want to do it, try it out... But I don't even know how to start, or how it works, or what to do... It's just ugh so much pressure. I want to so badly, but what if it screws up our friendship? What if he says no? Thoughts? Please?

In my experience, the best thing to do is just hike up your boots and do it. Hell, if and only if you do it, will you ever really know anything. If you don't nothing will ever change, if you do, the worst that can happen is he refuses. But that is sort of a phase of life. You have to go for it. Give it your all. If you don't, you may always regret it. If you do, you may regret it for a while, but after a while, regret fades in that sense.

In my experience, the best thing to do is just hike up your boots and do it. Hell, if and only if you do it, will you ever really know anything. If you don't nothing will ever change, if you do, the worst that can happen is he refuses. But that is sort of a phase of life. You have to go for it. Give it your all. If you don't, you may always regret it. If you do, you may regret it for a while, but after a while, regret fades in that sense.

^ This is pretty much everything my experience has taught me. Go with what NB said.

Definitely try talking to him, getting to know him more. Really hone in on what you both like, and try to connect on that, if possible. If you think you're not ready, then it might be best you take it slowly. Make it a good friendship, for sure, so you can be positive if your next step is a real relationship.

Don't 100% trust what your friends say, because even if u rally care for them and they care for you they could pressure things too far. Try getting closer to him (maybe even create scenarios), to try and see if what your friends said was true. If u feel it's true then go all for it! BUT BE HONEST. Tell him your not sure how it works, which is not only truthful but...kinda cute. It might even make you two laugh. But yeah go sail your ship! If he rejects, take it realizing it's time to prove yourself stronger. Good Luck!

Oh, yes. If he rejects you, just chill out. It's part of dating, rejection is. Remember were all here for you hon.

However if he hurts you tell me his name so I can end his linniage.

I'm sorry I couldn't really be of much help to you as the others have, but I say much of the same really: Don't get pressured, be honest, be ready for rejection and...well, good luck. :)

Oh, yes. If he rejects you, just chill out. It's part of dating, rejection is. Remember were all here for you hon.However if he hurts you tell me his name so I can end his linniage.

You have my sword.

How about we hold off on the knee capping until after he breaks my heart?

I promise nothing.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BEATING THE GUYS THAT BROKE MY HEART?;~;Not fair

You never told me whom to go for (aside someone obviously) so.

There will be no beatings here. Just jesting and the desire to ensure none of those we care about are hurt.

Who says I'm kidding?Send one of mine to the hospital and I'll send one of yours to the Mourge. That is the Chicago way.

You never told me whom to go for (aside someone obviously) so. Who says I'm kidding?Send one of mine to the hospital and I'll send one of yours to the Mourge. That is the Chicago way.

But you're from Vegas

But you're from Vegas

I have Chicago blood in my veinds. Three generations back we had Chicago born and raised family members, so when people tell me that, I give them a little lesson.

So uh

Pretty sure at least a couple of you have more actual relationship experience than I do

Which is zero

And I'm kinda desperate for some kind of different perspective

And idea on what in the world I should do

First thought was here

So here goes

I've had a huge crush on this guy for the past year and a half or so, but we've never really hung out in any scenario aside from a large group of friends. A couple of lunches with just us at school, but that's it for alone time basically. In any case, a mutual friend learned of these feelings, and immediately pushed me to ask him out. I continually refused, because... I don't know. I feel like a relationship is a step I'm not ready to take. A few other friends have found out and done the same thing, tried to get me to ask him out. I just kinda smiled, shrugged it off. But earlier today, the first friend took me aside and directly told me that he likes me back, but he's too shy to do anything. Now I feel like I really want to do it, try it out... But I don't even know how to start, or how it works, or what to do... It's just ugh so much pressure. I want to so badly, but what if it screws up our friendship? What if he says no?

Thoughts? Please?

Best thing to do would be to make sure they aren't exaggerating by saying he likes you back. Realizing that it was just an attempt by your friends to get you to make the initiative would just ruin your feelings.

You either marry someone or break up with them in a relationship so don't worry about screwing up anything. Just remember to be yourself and not put up any acts in an attempt to gain favor or relate more. If you get rejected while being yourself, you'd have no regrets, but if you got rejected while trying to please him by not being yourself, you'll always wonder how it could've went if you were just honest. 

Edited by Yukiteru Amano

*walks back into the chatroom*

Yo..... Its been a while. Hasn't it I suppose its only fitting that I grant you all a good evening (morning, afternoon). My lords and ladies, I hope you all are in good health. Now I would like to announce my return the this glorious website for I was shackled to the terrifying wastes of Fallout 4.

*Bows*

Edited by Unto The abyss

*walks back into the chatroom*Yo..... Its been a while. Hasn't it I suppose its only fitting that I grant you all a good evening (morning, afternoon). My lords and ladies, I hope you all are in good health. Now I would like to announce my return the this glorious website for I was shacked to the terrifying wastes of Fallout 4.*Bows*