Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
kalnet

Living Fossils

Sounds like these species survived the Flood. There was no way they could have all survived such "mass extinctions" unless something miraculous would have occured.

Therefore, there's really only been 1 "mass extinction" throughout history. Technically, no species would have gone extinct. All of them would've been on the Ark and safe.

Also, the Flood's Aftermath would have been enormous. Such a cataclysmic event would have turned the Earth completely unstable. This would have resulted in the Ice Age, Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Volcanoes, etc. Fossils are only a remnant of the Flood's Aftermath. It doesn't take a higher-level Scientist to figure that out.

Am I Correct?

I do hope that any budding evolutionist that sees this realizes that the only way for a fossil to be formed is through intense pressure applied very quickly and settled before the dead animal or plant has time to decompose. IN OTHER WORDS, fossils cannot just form by themselves, fossilization is a phenom that could only have happened in the case of a massive disaster such as the FLOOD. It really bugs me when people think that they are more advanced or smarter than other people simply because they buy into the theory of evolution. It doesn't take higher intelligence to believe what everyone else believes.

Also, the Flood's Aftermath would have been enormous. Such a cataclysmic event would have turned the Earth completely unstable. This would have resulted in the Ice Age, Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Volcanoes, etc. Fossils are only a remnant of the Flood's Aftermath. It doesn't take a higher-level Scientist to figure that out.

Am I Correct?

O.o???

Just a foreword, lets keep this polite and respectful, because everyone is entitled to believe what they will, and I respect that, but I wanted to add some ideas to this discussion.

Firstly, a species doesn't have to die off all at once for it to become extinct. If there is some change, be it quickly or slowly, that a species can't find a way to handle, it's going to eventually die off. Any member of that species at any time during its existence could fall into a tar pit or be covered by sediments during a storm or a volcano or a flood or whatnot, preserving the body's shape long enough for minerals to replace it and create a fossil, or in some cases, like being frozen, preserving the actual body for long periods of time.

I think that fossil layers are beautiful. You can look through thousands of years in centimeters, and try to see what things were like in ancient times. Have you ever been in a deep slot canyon? You can almost feel the vastness of time in each of the deepening layers of the walls.

I am a hardcore Christian, but I also know that species change over time. Bacteria are a prime example of this, becoming immune to medications and mutating to live in pretty much every environment every day.

Science is a way for us, teeny tiny humans that we are, to try to understand the world around us, and it is a beautiful thing. I really honestly think that science and religion don't have to be opposites, like they are often made out to be. In fact, in my own personal experience, I feel that they support each other in some pretty fantastic ways. Just thought I'd say that.

Just a foreword, lets keep this polite and respectful, because everyone is entitled to believe what they will, and I respect that, but I wanted to add some ideas to this discussion.

Science is a way for us, teeny tiny humans that we are, to try to understand the world around us, and it is a beautiful thing. I really honestly think that science and religion don't have to be opposites, like they are often made out to be. In fact, in my own personal experience, I feel that they support each other in some pretty fantastic ways. Just thought I'd say that.

True enough. The Bible does say that God wanted Man to study the Earth in detail. It mainly depends on what you start your observations to determine how the overall outcomes will be.

Do you agree?

Could you explain this sentence? I'm not sure what you mean by that exactly. Sorry! http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png

In other words, I'm saying that Evolution is primarily built on assumptions. Creation (God creating the world and everything within it) is built on everything God has told us through the Biblical text.

In other words, I'm saying that Evolution is primarily built on assumptions. Creation (God creating the world and everything within it) is built on everything God has told us through the Biblical text.

You are right, though observation would be a better word choice than assumption. Evolution, the idea that things change over time, is based solely on observation, which is kind of what science is all about. No one ever said that it was perfect. Our perspective is just too small on this little planet. There are some questions we can't answer right now, or maybe ever. It really is a lot about our limited perspective, in both directions. The bible says that the Lord created the world in six days, and on the seventh he rested. Who are we to say that a day for the Lord is the same as a day for us? And who are we to say how he even did any of it?

I think that you could say we're all little children, drawing a crayon picture of the universe. I do think we can all be mature about other peoples pictures, and when we eventually move on, we will get to show our pictures to our friends upstairs. They might smile, and point out the things we got right, and then maybe laugh a little and help us understand what parts we didn't draw quite right. But for now, It doesn't really make sense to ignore observations just because they don't work out with the crayon picture we think we want. You just have to take what you know, do your best, and have faith that everything will work out.

Sign in to follow this