Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

Tales of Xillia 2

Okay, I have to say, Tales of Xillia 2 is a BIG let down. I am watching a live stream of the game right now and saw some videos of it. It's basically Xillia 1 except with added characters (Ludgar, Gaius, Musee) which are the "improvements" from Xillia 1. The game uses the recycled music from Vesperia. really Namco? Recycle music from past Tales Of games? That's just lazy. Oh, and did I mention that you have to pay debt in that game? Like paying debt in real life was fun enough (sarcasm) why do it in the game? Oh, and bosses also retaliate after about 10 hits in the game and you can't make combos on them just like in the first game. Basically, they didn't do anything to improve the game in terms of gameplay. Which is dissapointing.Just look at this video. Anyone who ha played tales of Vesperia should know this theme.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igbGUajBQT4&feature=channel&list=UL

Edited by Tails

Video was removed.

Why do you hate Tales, though, Tails? I might like the second one if there's actually going to be an upskirt shot.

Edited by Snow

Video was removed.

Why do you hate Tales, though, Tails? I might like the second one if there's actually going to be an upskirt shot.

I never said I hated the Tales Of games. I love the series. i was just pointing out how Tales of Xillia 2 isn't much improved from the first game lol. Edited by Tails

I never said I hated the Tales Of games. I love the series. i was just pointing out how Tales of Xillia 2 isn't much improved from the first game lol.

It's what I interpreted from your post.a

This is what they said about Xillia 1 and it turned out to be my second favorite tales after Symphonia. And was Jude in Yuri's costume in that video? If so then of course they'd use Vesperia music, that's how cameos work in recent Tales.

Meh, those complaints don't really speak of the quality of the game itself at all...

I mean, Pikmin 2 is a game about paying debt, and it's a blast. Plenty of great games reuse music, like Mario Galaxy 2, Brawl, FF XIII-2, pretty much every KH game.

And not being able to combo bosses sounds more like a balancing thing than anything else.

Meh, those complaints don't really speak of the quality of the game itself at all...

I mean, Pikmin 2 is a game about paying debt, and it's a blast. Plenty of great games reuse music, like Mario Galaxy 2, Brawl, FF XIII-2, pretty much every KH game.

And not being able to combo bosses sounds more like a balancing thing than anything else.

Oh but guess what my dear Hatok. You have to pay debt in Xillia 2 JUST to advance in the game. Which I think is a bad idea from Namco.

Oh but guess what my dear Hatok. You have to pay debt in Xillia 2 JUST to advance in the game. Which I think is a bad idea from Namco.

But you have to do that in Pikmin 2 as well

And Super Paper Mario, now that I think about it...

i mean, the act of paying debt in itself isn't really a problem...

Why do you hate Tales, though, Tails?

Lol this made me laugh xD

Of course the world is going to be the same if it's a sequel. Look at Final Fantasy X-2 it's the same format but it's a different storyline and battle system.

I've tried the demo the 360 demo. :I

Dıd you just try that one demo or did you actually plat some other ones before saying you hate the whole series ._.

I could understand not liking the game (not so much the series) from that demo. The first ten hours of Vesperia are drop dead boring, and the dungeon that the demo takes place in is the very first one. Unfortunately, this is pretty true for the others I've played in the series (Abyss and Symphonia), but not to as great an extent. Luckily, the games on a whole are very worth the boring intros.

Anyways, what I'm getting from the first post is that they basically only added a few characters to the party, recycled music, have a debt to pay, and didn't improve upon the game-play. I would attribute the first and last to the game's nature as a sequel. Recycled music is pretty meh, but isn't a deal breaker. Paying debt, IMO, depends on how its handled more than anything. Though I haven't played Xillia, I wouldn't say Xillia 2 sounds like a BIG let down, maybe a tad disappointing, but nothing too bad.

Edited by DragonMaster

Dıd you just try that one demo or did you actually plat some other ones before saying you hate the whole series ._.

I've actually payed a little of Vespria. The gameplay was fun but the story made me lose interest ow that i think about it :/

Could you not beat the boss?

Lol that's not it...

Tales of Xillia 2 is headed to Europe, Namco Bandai announced at the Japan Expo in France this morning. Namco are targeting a 2014 release for the game.

Prior to that, Namco Bandai will release Tales of Xillia this August in North America and Europe.

Tales of Xillia 2 features a new protagonist named Ludger, and a girl named Elle. Characters from the first Tales of Xillia, including Jude and Milla, return as well.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/06/tales-of-xillia-2-is-coming-to-the-west-in-2014/

Tales of Xillia 2 is headed to Europe, Namco Bandai announced at the Japan Expo in France this morning. Namco are targeting a 2014 release for the game.

Prior to that, Namco Bandai will release Tales of Xillia this August in North America and Europe.

Tales of Xillia 2 features a new protagonist named Ludger, and a girl named Elle. Characters from the first Tales of Xillia, including Jude and Milla, return as well.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/06/tales-of-xillia-2-is-coming-to-the-west-in-2014/

YAY!! NOW I CAN GET BOTH GAMES.