Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

Your Favorite 2D & 3D Zelda Game

So what's your favorite 2D Zelda game and what's your favorite 3D Zelda game?

Favorite 2D Zelda game: The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

Favorite 3D Zelda game: Ocarina of Time/ Skyward Sword (It's a tie betwen those 2 games. As I love them both to bits

Edited by Tails

Hands down Okarina of time for both. Played it all throughout my childhood.

But Ocarina of Time is a 3D Zelda game. It's not a 2D one. Haven't you played any 2D Zelda games?

I'm not actually a fan of Zelda, but I've played a few.

2D- Minish Cap (Might actually finish this one.)

3D- Skyward Sword

Yeah I can tell you're not a Zelda fan just from looking at your Avatar. I take it you're more of a Tales Of fan and that you're favorite game is Tales of the Abyss.

And yeah, i still need to finish Minish Cap. it's a really good 2D Zelda gam that I've com to love as I play through it.

Edited by Tails

Yeah I can tell you're not a Zelda fan just from looking at your Avatar. I take it you're more of a Tales Of fan and that you're favorite game is Tales of the Abyss.

Both true, though I'm not sure what that has to do with being a Zelda fan or not. xD I definitely admire them, and can see why the series is so popular, just not really my cup of tea. Edited by DragonMaster

To be honest, I don't really like any of the 2D Zelda games, but by far my favorite 3D Zelda game, and among my favorite video games in general would have to be Majora's mask. The dark atmosphere of it all while still staying true to the Legend of Zelda antics and a side of the wonderful soundtrack in my opinion knocks the other games out of the water.

But Ocarina of Time is a 3D Zelda game. It's not a 2D one.

Ik Ocarina of Time is for 3DS and Nintendo 64. Isn't the 64 version counted as 2D?

But Ocarina of Time is a 3D Zelda game. It's not a 2D one. Haven't you played any 3D Zelda games?

[/size][/font][/color]

And yeah, i still need to finish Minish Cap. it's a really good 2D Zelda gam that I've com to love as I play through it.

By that logic, you're only a fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog series.

I've played Twilight Princess and it was really good.

Both true, though I'm not sure what that has to do with being a Zelda fan or not. xD I definitely admire them, and can see why the series is so popular, just not really my cup of tea.

I think Zelda is a beautiful and amazing game all around

but I hate them because I get lost

Now I have the dark over-world map theme stuck in my head. ^u^

http-~~-//youtu.be/b2MrK3rQYrA

Now THIS is what i call epic. You sir, deserve a like.

By that logic, you're only a fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog series.

I've played Twilight Princess and it was really good.

So just because I'm a Sonic character means I can't like other franchises? Weird logic you have there.

Ik Ocarina of Time is for 3DS and Nintendo 64. Isn't the 64 version counted as 2D?

no. OoT was the first 3d Zelda game, even on the 64.

I myself have to play more of the 2d ones, but my favorite 3d one is Wind Waker.

Also, where does spirit tracks fit in? it's in between.

Er, assuming by 2D you mean the GBA versions and earlier, then I never played those for more than a few minutes so I don't have a preference.

But I love Twilight Princess. OoT3D is pretty epic too. Skyward Sword would rank higher with me if my motion controls weren't so firetrucked up.

Edited by Xalaru

no. OoT was the first 3d Zelda game, even on the 64.

I myself have to play more of the 2d ones, but my favorite 3d one is Wind Waker.

Also, where does spirit tracks fit in? it's in between.

Ah that makes sense. I only played one 2D Zelda game but I can't remember which. I think it was Four Swords Adventures.

Alright, I'm going to call Spirit Tracks a 2d one because there is no option for first person view. so, it's my favorite 2d one.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_bFLwB0WY

I do like the music from Spirit Tracks, but I've never played it. Is the storyline any good? The thought of link going steampunk with a steam engine (the steam boat thing was already pushing it) kind of scared me away for a bit there. I'm almost over it now, though. Maybe one day. :]