Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

RWBY 3.4 Patch Notes:

• Coco´s minigun has been nerf in order to put it in line with the other weapons.
  • Emerald and Mercury will receive a buffs, cause we need the plot to advance.

They didn't need buffs

They haven't had a proper fight scene yet, I don't see how you can judge their capabilities so easily.

I think you're also misjudging the strength of that minigun in a doubles fight like this. Sure it can deal heavy damage in a huge radius, but the second someone gets around that, and maneuverability is definitely something that comes easy to most Huntsmen and Huntresses, they're left wide open. That's why Yatsuhachi is there, but I have no doubt that it wouldn't be difficult for Emerald or Mercury to either deal with him or even lead him away from Coco so the other can deal with her very easily. This is a bad match-up. If Em and Merc were slower fighters then Coco and Yatsuhachi would have a better chance, but as things are, even without plot armor it would be relatively simple to win.

I wonder why the team decided that Coco (Low mobility Glass Canon) and Yatsuhashi (Heavy damange Tank) was a good match up for the doubles ? Like Velvet/Bind(?) dude (both seens to fit in the middle damange close combat speedster) + Yatsuhashi would have been a better match up.

Speed over power. Although I feel like there's going to be another reason why they're going to win.

I was really hoping for the false loss to make it seem like Emerald and Merc aren't a threat when they really are. (But I suppose it would be the same goal either way.) There's also the issue on how team RWBY would win if not even higher up huntsmen can't keep up... Unless we get Qrow and the other involved, but they'll most likely be too busy with Grim, robots, and/or white fang

Also didn't expect to see Coco look cute, but then again she looks like Ruby lol.

Edited by OmegaForte

This teaser really sends a sense of fear to me mainly because at the end and in the thumbnail, we see Coco's face just filled with fear and Coco was shown to be an amazing huntress.

Also might I add, we hear Yatsuhashi grunt so we might be hearing his voice actor this episode and who knows, maybe even Fox in the stands near Velvet.

From Yatsuhashi's grunt/scream/yelling, to me, he sounds a lot like that White Fang member from the train, the one Weiss fought. I might be overthinking it or just having false hope here xD, mainly because I theorise that that White Fang member and Yatsuhashi are the same person.

FINALLY CATCHING UP-

episode 3 --

I LOVE WINTER'S OUTFIT.

Qrow is my soul thou. Like Winter is my body Qrow is my soul? Does that make sense?

Like I have instantly fallen in love with him. 

PEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYY

PENNNYYY

PEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYY

who is autumn

CINDER IS CONTROLLING DOUBLES. WTF.

Seeing the episode 4 preview-

Winter is going to end up making Weiss loose. I think.

Also maybe Emerald ends up injuring Coco real bad? Like, legit?

Well Episode 4 was great the fight between Emerald and Mercury and Coco and that other guy, I can't remember his name it starts with a Y but that's all I know although it was pretty well one sided which was probably the bad thing about it.  Qrow playing video games with Ruby and Yang was nice and got some nice incite on his team as well as Yang looking at the picture a bit much.  And we learned a bit more about Weiss and her semblance and such.  All in all I say it was a good episode with the fight probably being not the greatest but the other two sections of the episode were great

• [*]CY got rekt. Again speed>power, but the field settings and semblances added on about being one sided. (Unless the illusions weren't Emerald's semblance, and instead that was Neo...) [*]Qrow is pretty cool, demonstrating reality to Ruby and Yang. He says it how it is. [*]Love the interaction between Wiess and Winter. And I knew it; Winter can create whatever from defeated foes. I think of it as similar to Grey from Fairy Tail, how his ice creation magic. (Look it up.) [*]Overall the writing is getting better.

• The fight was pretty good. Not that long but still entertaining.
  • Yatsuhashi's voice actor sounds alright. Pretty good actually in my opinion.
  • DANG, Fox has got them scars!
  • The Yatsuhashi we see in the forest was probably Neo up to her dirty little tricks.
  • Qrow just awesome as always. I laughed so hard at the "length of her skirt" bit. xD
  • Winter has definitely become more likeable in this episode.
  • I LOVED the throwback to the White Trailer from both the sword of that giant knight summon and the slower version of Mirror.

All in all, this was a good episode. Not a lot of action, but the story really made up for it and definitely set a sadder theme.

Great episode! :D

First off: World of Remnant.

Information that wasn't in the show and could have actually been useful in the show, and still not even proper answers to questions raised since the beginning of the show.... pretty much a standard WoR in a nutshell. Great.

As for this week's episode:

- *Sigh* Okay, seriously, I cannot wipe the memory of Coco annihilating those supposedly high level Grim from the last Volume. Motherf*cker, do these people know how to balance? There's a reason I called her the God of Destruction. By the way she has been presented, poorly presented, she should be able to one-shot both Ember and Sasu-I mean, Mercury right now while Yatsuhammertime over there takes a nap. It's ridiculous.

- Really, you're making blood jokes? After you've clearly gone on record by saying this is basically a kids show? And after barely ANY blood has been spilt at all in the series so far? Stop trying, seriously.

- Oh boy, Coco even has a fanclub... we get it, she's cool, stop shoving it down our throats!

- So the audience has a forcefield to protect them from the attacks in the arena... that's kinda smart, actually, and I can think of more tournaments filled with superhuman fighters that might find that handy. lol

- Okay, fun fact, but I'm a sucker for combat choreography that involves capoeira (or at least I think it is) or breakdancing. Especially both at the same time.

- Wait, so, how do these health bar things work again... you know what, I'm gonna stop asking. There never gonna give me an answer.

- So, Ember and Sasu-I mean, Mercury won... guess that God of Destruction joke isn't going to work anymore. That doesn't stop the balancing from being out-of-whack, but whatever. The battle was still pretty good overall, though, despite some dumb things here and there, but it mostly has to do with the logic of the show and not the fight scene itself, so eh.

- Once again, Neo is longer in sight... or iiiis sheeee? ... E-er, you know what, no, I can't even bring myself to make that joke. This is a serious problem. And yes I'm aware of the Neo illusion shit, that doesn't make it any less stupid.

- Pfft, Weiss still thinks she's improving... this is easily the best running gag of the entire series.

- Also, dammit, that Episode 3 bit about Winter being disappointed in Weiss's skills isn't going anywhere is it? And here I thought we would get developments instead of just teaching her new shit.. or rather, just making up that she knows other shit on the spot. Ugh.

- On the same note: Winter is no longer Serious Military Broad and is now Cool Big Sis... doesn't make sense, but again, of course it doesn't.

- So, a Schnee Semblance is basically... Kekkai Genkai.

- Also, Semblances are supposed to be unique, so that doesn't make sense. But of course it doesn't.

- If the Kekkai Genkai is a muscle, that Weiss's should be flabby as all Hell. This is literally being exposited now when when it's already been two volumes with the majority of her fighting style, among others, still barely explored. Uggggggh.

- Soooooo, Hunstman can be hired for really amoral jobs even though their entire mantra (supposedly) is to fight for good and all that crap? Even after using WoR as a expositional tool for the lore you should be explaining in the show, you manage to screw up the lore when it's brought up again in the show... I've run out of "ughs".

- So, alcoholism, negligence, and perversion... it's the Holy Trinity of Lowlife Qualities.

- You know what, I'm with Yang on this one. You are the worst Qrow. My God, you're so bad you make me identify with Yang, that's how bad you are.

- And Ruby approves of the perversion, of course... our hero, ladies and gentlemen.

- But to be serious, Qrow doesn't annoy me as much as he does anymore, only because I realize that he's a necessary character in that A) he actually knows what the Hell in going on in the plot and B) he's an active Huntsmen and is finally giving the whole Huntsmen concept some needed credibility... however, she's still a piece of shit in my eyes just based on personality.

- Oh yeah, that reminds me, what the Hell happened to Yang's mom???

- Qrow doesn't like being called old, but he's apparently too old to hang out with kids... not even a personal trait is going to be shown consisten-oh, wait, that's been happening a lot, never mind.

- Seriously, Weiss? "I can't?" Just... why? I know you suck, but seriously, you're supposed to be motivated right now. This is shonen battle training 101, kid!

- Alright, to be fair, there is one personal trait that is shown consistently: Weiss's daddy issues... oh, and her stupidity.

My goodness, this was another slog. I don't understand how you people are enjoying this. I really don't. If anything, the fight sequence was at least enjoyable like last week, even if logic was thrown to the side a bit, also like last week... still, the amount of crap and the amount of good, much like RWBY's battle power balancing, is not balanced at all. This is a 5/10 for me.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Much more fluid and cool fighting in this episode rather than the last couple (minus Winter and Qrow's fight). I hated how short it was, but darn, Mercury means business. I like the hand-painted flashback of Qrow as well, just... not in the 3D scene, please. And Weiss' summoning ability.... waaaa? Doesn't that mean she has, like, one of the more broken Semblances in the show? Oh well, time will tell.

First off: World of Remnant.Information that wasn't in the show and could have actually been useful in the show, and still not even proper answers to questions raised since the beginning of the show.... pretty much a standard WoR in a nutshell. Great.As for this week's episode:

- *Sigh* Okay, seriously, I cannot wipe the memory of Coco annihilating those supposedly high level Grim from the last Volume. Motherf*cker, do these people know how to balance? There's a reason I called her the God of Destruction. By the way she has been presented, poorly presented, she should be able to one-shot both Ember and Sasu-I mean, Mercury right now while Yatsuhammertime over there takes a nap. It's ridiculous.- Really, you're making blood jokes? After you've clearly gone on record by saying this is basically a kids show? And after barely ANY blood has been spilt at all in the series so far? Stop trying, seriously.- Oh boy, Coco even has a fanclub... we get it, she's cool, stop shoving it down our throats!- So the audience has a forcefield to protect them from the attacks in the arena... that's kinda smart, actually, and I can think of more tournaments filled with superhuman fighters that might find that handy. lol- Okay, fun fact, but I'm a sucker for combat choreography that involves capoeira (or at least I think it is) or breakdancing. Especially both at the same time.- Wait, so, how do these health bar things work again... you know what, I'm gonna stop asking. There never gonna give me an answer.- So, Ember and Sasu-I mean, Mercury won... guess that God of Destruction joke isn't going to work anymore. That doesn't stop the balancing from being out-of-whack, but whatever. The battle was still pretty good overall, though, despite some dumb things here and there, but it mostly has to do with the logic of the show and not the fight scene itself, so eh.- Once again, Neo is longer in sight... or iiiis sheeee? ... E-er, you know what, no, I can't even bring myself to make that joke. This is a serious problem. And yes I'm aware of the Neo illusion shit, that doesn't make it any less stupid.- Pfft, Weiss still thinks she's improving... this is easily the best running gag of the entire series.- Also, dammit, that Episode 3 bit about Winter being disappointed in Weiss's skills isn't going anywhere is it? And here I thought we would get developments instead of just teaching her new shit.. or rather, just making up that she knows other shit on the spot. Ugh.- On the same note: Winter is no longer Serious Military Broad and is now Cool Big Sis... doesn't make sense, but again, of course it doesn't.- So, a Schnee Semblance is basically... Kekkai Genkai.- Also, Semblances are supposed to be unique, so that doesn't make sense. But of course it doesn't.- If the Kekkai Genkai is a muscle, that Weiss's should be flabby as all Hell. This is literally being exposited now when when it's already been two volumes with the majority of her fighting style, among others, still barely explored. Uggggggh.- Soooooo, Hunstman can be hired for really amoral jobs even though their entire mantra (supposedly) is to fight for good and all that crap? Even after using WoR as a expositional tool for the lore you should be explaining in the show, you manage to screw up the lore when it's brought up again in the show... I've run out of "ughs".- So, alcoholism, negligence, and perversion... it's the Holy Trinity of Lowlife Qualities.- You know what, I'm with Yang on this one. You are the worst Qrow. My God, you're so bad you make me identify with Yang, that's how bad you are.- And Ruby approves of the perversion, of course... our hero, ladies and gentlemen.- But to be serious, Qrow doesn't annoy me as much as he does anymore, only because I realize that he's a necessary character in that A) he actually knows what the Hell in going on in the plot and B) he's an active Huntsmen and is finally giving the whole Huntsmen concept some needed credibility... however, she's still a piece of shit in my eyes just based on personality.- Oh yeah, that reminds me, what the Hell happened to Yang's mom???- Qrow doesn't like being called old, but he's apparently too old to hang out with kids... not even a personal trait is going to be shown consisten-oh, wait, that's been happening a lot, never mind.- Seriously, Weiss? "I can't?" Just... why? I know you suck, but seriously, you're supposed to be motivated right now. This is shonen battle training 101, kid!- Alright, to be fair, there is one personal trait that is shown consistently: Weiss's daddy issues... oh, and her stupidity.My goodness, this was another slog. I don't understand how you people are enjoying this. I really don't. If anything, the fight sequence was at least enjoyable like last week, even if logic was thrown to the side a bit, also like last week... still, the amount of crap and the amount of good, much like RWBY's battle power balancing, is not balanced at all. This is a 5/10 for me.

You crack me up absolutely every week. Some things are just absurd. But opinions are opinions, and we've had this talk already.

GUYS!!! I noticed something in the intro of Chapter 4, SPECIFICALLY CHAPTER 4!!! During the cut between Ruby and Cinder attacking and the showing of Winter and Weiss, what I thought was a glitch with my screen is actually a few VERY INTERESTING screenshots, giving a Five Nights at Freddy's vibe. An example I got is:

post-45664-0-03413200-1448867819_thumb.png

Edited by Master Eraqus

Ok, sorry if Nora's being the dippy downer here but...

Posted ImagePosted Image

DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL LIKE QROW IS LIKE THE WOLVERINE?! 

The drinking, the hair, the voice, THE DRINKING? Nah? Oh ok. 

Nora thinks it's pretty cool tough B)

Ok, sorry if Nora's being the dippy downer here but...

Posted ImagePosted Image

DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL LIKE QROW IS LIKE THE WOLVERINE?! 

The drinking, the hair, the voice, THE DRINKING? Nah? Oh ok. 

Nora thinks it's pretty cool tough B)

I think hes like Gildarts. Old guy father figure of main character whos super strong and pervy.

So a thought just occurred to me that RWBY might be better or at least more well received if it followed a Netflix format, that is same day release of the full volume/season. Although that means more waiting per season, I feel like the story would be told better as a result. I do find myself enjoying it more when I marathon a volume rather than an episode a week.

Buuuuut I know they wouldn't do this because they would lose out on all the traffic they get on the RT site

So a thought just occurred to me that RWBY might be better or at least more well received if it followed a Netflix format, that is same day release of the full volume/season. Although that means more waiting per season, I feel like the story would be told better as a result. I do find myself enjoying it more when I marathon a volume rather than an episode a week.

Buuuuut I know they wouldn't do this because they would lose out on all the traffic they get on the RT site

Well that and it takes a long time to animate and to do the motion capture for an episode.  They don't do it all before they release the first episode, they do a decent amount, like four or five episodes, and then once they start releasing the episodes they start going back to animating episodes and doing motion capture for more future episodes.  I know they talked about this before during one of the first volumes of RWBY or during RvB about the process of animating episodes and doing motion capture for their shows.