Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Thoughts on Episode 1:

I'm not separating into good or bad this time around. I'll mostly be writing down my thoughts as I watch the episode and then giving a final conclusion afterwards.

- "[Taiyang]'s still teaching at Signal". Stop. Not even a minute in and we're already wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong, but other than Yang explaining Blake hers and Rubys backstory involving their birth and Taiyang, Taiyang hasn't even been mentioned, right? Even if he has, why would something like even be mentioned just now? ... Then again, to answer that question, we also have to ask "why the hell does this whole 'scattered family line' crap with Ruby and Yang matter in the first place... but you know if I really am wrong and this was mentioned before, go ahead and ignore this.

- Weiss being a good fighter... pfft... sorry, I just thought that was funny.

- Ozpin actually dispensing needed information... pfft... t-that was funny too, sorry again.

- Oobleck is back. This episode just got about 50x better.

- I actually find this tournament set up pretty interesting. The way its set up, its kinda smart considering that its basically like weeding out your strongest players until a little at a time before you get to the best of the best. It can really make you think about strategy between breaks too. I'm not sure what this whole Pokemon Stadium element changing arena is for other than looks though. Eh.

- Action is still pretty top notch, but then again, this is pretty much RWBY's gold standard aside from its soundtrack.

- Wait a minute, when did Neo suddenly join Beacon? Was she registered alongside Ember, Mercury, and Cinder but just hid in their dorm closet the whole time? Did she just decide not to be on campus and... do whatever she does when she's not being a troll on-screen? Or did they literally just pull her away when Beacon told them they were short a member? I... ugh. Either way, it's a joy to see Neo back, let me tell ya...

- Yang is a bimbo... yeah, still not shown to be like that very much, so that's description is inaccurate. I don't even know how to describe Yang anymore. The only thing that I can come up with is "Barbara".

- Blake ... I don't even. I mean yes, its just comedy bits but... just the way its handled... Oi vey.

- Yeah, still not liking this opening... considering how I usually start skipping openings after a while though, it won't matter too much. Who knows, I might grow to like it eventually.

Overall, the best thing I can say right now is that none of my RWBYngo slots are filled yet... but then again, this is Episode 1. It's not even that bad of an episode though. Most of my gripes do stem from on-going problems with the series. Just basing the episode by its own merits... eh, it was alright. I'd say about 7/10-ish.

Just finished watching the first episode of volume three. So far, my fave part was when Blake fighting Jesse. Loving it so far <3I would say Jesse is my fave new character. :)

Thoughts on Episode 1:

I'm not separating into good or bad this time around. I'll mostly be writing down my thoughts as I watch the episode and then giving a final conclusion afterwards.

- "[Taiyang]'s still teaching at Signal". Stop. Not even a minute in and we're already wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong, but other than Yang explaining Blake hers and Rubys backstory involving their birth and Taiyang, Taiyang hasn't even been mentioned, right? Even if he has, why would something like even be mentioned just now? ... Then again, to answer that question, we also have to ask "why the hell does this whole 'scattered family line' crap with Ruby and Yang matter in the first place... but you know if I really am wrong and this was mentioned before, go ahead and ignore this.

- Weiss being a good fighter... pfft... sorry, I just thought that was funny.

- Ozpin actually dispensing needed information... pfft... t-that was funny too, sorry again.

- Oobleck is back. This episode just got about 50x better.

- I actually find this tournament set up pretty interesting. The way its set up, its kinda smart considering that its basically like weeding out your strongest players until a little at a time before you get to the best of the best. It can really make you think about strategy between breaks too. I'm not sure what this whole Pokemon Stadium element changing arena is for other than looks though. Eh.

- Action is still pretty top notch, but then again, this is pretty much RWBY's gold standard aside from its soundtrack.

- Wait a minute, when did Neo suddenly join Beacon? Was she registered alongside Ember, Mercury, and Cinder but just hid in their dorm closet the whole time? Did she just decide not to be on campus and... do whatever she does when she's not being a troll on-screen? Or did they literally just pull her away when Beacon told them they were short a member? I... ugh. Either way, it's a joy to see Neo back, let me tell ya...

- Yang is a bimbo... yeah, still not shown to be like that very much, so that's description is inaccurate. I don't even know how to describe Yang anymore. The only thing that I can come up with is "Barbara".

- Blake ... I don't even. I mean yes, its just comedy bits but... just the way its handled... Oi vey.

- Yeah, still not liking this opening... considering how I usually start skipping openings after a while though, it won't matter too much. Who knows, I might grow to like it eventually.

Overall, the best thing I can say right now is that none of my RWBYngo slots are filled yet... but then again, this is Episode 1. It's not even that bad of an episode though. Most of my gripes do stem from on-going problems with the series. Just basing the episode by its own merits... eh, it was alright. I'd say about 7/10-ish.

Yang actually did mention that in one of the episodes in Volume 2 that their father was a teacher at Signal. The part with Neo joining Cinders team is a bit wrong remember this tournament is with all the other schools not just Beacon and I believe Cinder said that they are from Haven Academy when Ruby met them in Volume 2.  Everything else yeah I agree with

Was that yuri lowenthals voice i heard come out of mercs mouth? The part were he was smelling boots got a laugh out of me.

Yes yes that is Yuri

Just finished watching the first episode of volume three. So far, my fave part was when Blake fighting Jesse. Loving it so far <3I would say Jesse is my fave new character. :)

Do you mean Reese Chloris?

But I really enjoyed their fight. I still stand by the statement 'Everyone's weapon is also a gun!'  xD

Yang actually did mention that in one of the episodes in Volume 2 that their father was a teacher at Signal. The part with Neo joining Cinders team is a bit wrong remember this tournament is with all the other schools not just Beacon and I believe Cinder said that they are from Haven Academy when Ruby met them in Volume 2.  Everything else yeah I agree with

I should have mentioned that regardless of which school Cinder's faction is lying undercover with, it still doesn't explain Neo's presence.

I should have mentioned that regardless of which school Cinder's faction is lying undercover with, it still doesn't explain Neo's presence.

Well they need a team of 4, correct? I can't really think of anybody else they would have as a 4th member...  :/ 

Well they need a team of 4, correct? I can't really think of anybody else they would have as a 4th member...  :/ 

Why Neo is with Cinder and co. is understandable. They're allies after all. It's how she is with them when she never even appeared with Cinder's group beforehand. When you lay it out the way it is, it just seems like she was chosen to be with Cinder at the last minute, both in-universe and out.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Why Neo is with Cinder and co. is understandable. They're allies after all. It's how she is with them when she never even appeared with Cinder's group beforehand. When you lay it out the way it is, it just seems like she was chosen to be with Cinder at the last minute, both in-universe and out.

Yeah, I totally get what you mean. I didn't say I disagreed with you but it doesn't really bother me that much.  I've just kinda come to accept these kind of inconsistencies in the show... 

Edited by TheEightMelodies

I thought the episode was generally good. Probably the best opener yet and I'm liking the lengthy episodes.

But they need to work on the meshing of 2D and 3D art styles. It kind of takes you out of their world seeing 2D people and then 3D people, since that isn't their world. For example, Gumball established from the get go, they have 2D, 3D, and live action characters.You can't just toss in 2D people into a 3D world and pretend like nothing happened.

Although, I remember in Volume 1 they did that with people on the news, which is different from actual live people not in a screen this time around.

And I know the reason they did that is to cut back on time, but a little more thought and effort should have been put into it.

Regardless, I'm liking Volume 3 more than the other 2 so far. 

Also... Team CMEN...

Posted Image

Edited by Sky.

that talk to mum at the beginning omg so sad

Also damn you neo what is the extent of your power.

Also Monty's brother did really good

And sometimes I forget Emerald is evil

and team JNPR is probably gonna loose just sayin 

Edit:

blake is my spirit animal

Edited by Madam Ciel Nekohive

Hey everyone, I have a problem!  When I went to Rooster Teeth to watch the first Episode of Volume 3, I couldn't watch it because it said if I wanted to watch it, I had to go for a free 30-day membership trial sponsor thing.  Does this mean that I can never watch Rwby Episodes on the Rooster Teeth page again unless I make an account there? D:

Hey everyone, I have a problem!  When I went to Rooster Teeth to watch the first Episode of Volume 3, I couldn't watch it because it said if I wanted to watch it, I had to go for a free 30-day membership trial sponsor thing.  Does this mean that I can never watch Rwby Episodes on the Rooster Teeth page again unless I make an account there? D:

That's for Saturdays. You need to wait the next day (Sunday) to watch it. 

That tribute to Monty with the birds! T.T And I loved the first episode of Volume 3. I thought the fight scene wasn't the most amazing...I mean, we could see Monty had not choreographed it (that sentence doesn't make any sense). The facial animation improved IMMENSELY! And the animation is really fluid. I was a lil' worried but it's great. Loved the part with Ruby talking to her momma and I also love the new models. And that scene with Blake and the fish was perfection.

OH MY GOD, I SAW THE FIRST EPISODE OF VOLUME 3 TODAY, AND IT WAS FRACKIN EPIC!

Good lord, it had been a while since I last saw Rwby!  The last time I saw the show was back in Volume 2's finale!  Ever since then, I had been craving for more, and at long last, here we have Volume 3!

The animation was definitely superb in this Episode, and you can tell just how far Rwby has come in terms of presentation!  Everything seems that much more vivid now, and the coloring is just perfect!  Ruby and the gang are as awesome as ever, and I just loved that fight scene from the Vytal Festival Tournament!  OMG, REESE CHLORIS WAS AMAZING!  I just loved her fighting style!  And I loved the coordination and teamwork that team Rwby demonstrated during the fight!  And let's not forget Emerald Sustrai!

Good lord, Emerald.  She's just so amazing!  She's my waifu! <3

The only thing I have to complain about the Episode is that it just left such a cliffhanger!  I'm super happy the Episode lasted 17 minutes, but those 17 minutes felt shorter, ya know?  I guess I was caught in the moment of the Episode and literally did not notice the time fly by!  But yeah, this was a great start to Volume 3, and here's hoping Volume 3 in general turns out to be just as badass as Volumes 1 and 2!

Ah Monty.  If you could see this show now, you'd be proud! :')

Just saw a little teaser for the next episode tomorrow and it seems that we will see Team SSSN taking on an all female team called team Indigo (don't know how they are gonna have it spelled) as well as the fight with JNPR against Bronze

OOOH, THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD!  I'm gonna enjoy watching the Episode on Sunday! (Can't see it tomorrow cuz I have to be a sponsor, so I'll just wait till Sunday to watch it! :3)

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Just saw a little teaser for the next episode tomorrow and it seems that we will see Team SSSN taking on an all female team called team Indigo (don't know how they are gonna have it spelled) as well as the fight with JNPR against Bronze

:3 *Hype intensifies exponentially* Edited by Sun Wukong

Well this episode was good, I enjoyed the battles, got to see Nora's Semblence in work and well Nora really just carried their team in that fight and then we finally got to see Qrow he's definitely gonna have a bigger part in the next episode.  And then Team SSSN was exactly who I thought they were going to be (as in who voiced the other two members of the team) and their fight was alright as well with one of their members having a fear that's really ironic, and then the end of the episode all I have to say is: Winter has come

And just a reminder there will be no new episode of RWBY next week because that is when RoosterTeeth will be doing their live stream for Extra Life but you can always watch that on the RoosterTeeth website and watch them raise money for kids by playing video games and doing some other stuff and who knows they might show a clip from the next episode or something, either way it's going to be a fun time to watch it, I think it's going to start at 8 am and will last for 24 hours

Edited by TheKingdomkid