Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

The one on one fights start and I have to say it has a very strong start and I'm very excited to see how this fight plays out.  And we get into fairy tales yay

Oh bring it Yang. I may be Emiya now but i still wanna be Mercury or Ozpin again sometime.

Story is just thrown at everyone and boy howdy is it a doozy.  Fairy Tales are real and one of the guardians are in danger and there's not that much time left but all I can say is that is what the majority of this episode is.  But there is still some time to throw in a fight.  We finally start off the one on one fights and it's Yang vs. Mercury and even though Mercury had in my opinion the majority of the fight on his side Yangs semblance comes in to save the day and win the match for her but that's not all although Mercury comes in to attack her even the match is over and Yang breaks his leg it seems that everyone saw Yang attack Mercury first!! But my only problem is how do the people in the audience see it that way is my only problem with that scene, on and Yang seems to be under arrest or something. Oh yeah and the Grimm finally show up this season yay.

And according to Kerry (one of the creators) this is the last episode of the year (2015 not the season) and the season is already halfway through.  Next week though they will be doing a special RWBY Cast and Crew live stream.  Then the following week will be a World of Remnant, and then Chapter 7 will air on January 2nd. 

Edited by TheKingdomkid

Story is just thrown at everyone and boy howdy is it a doozy.  Fairy Tales are real and one of the guardians are in danger and there's not that much time left but all I can say is that is what the majority of this episode is.  But there is still some time to throw in a fight.  We finally start off the one on one fights and it's Yang vs. Mercury and even though Mercury had in my opinion the majority of the fight on his side Yangs semblance comes in to save the day and win the match for her but that's not all although Mercury comes in to attack her even the match is over and Yang breaks his leg it seems that everyone saw Yang attack Mercury first!! But my only problem is how do the people in the audience see it that way is my only problem with that scene, on and Yang seems to be under arrest or something. Oh yeah and the Grimm finally show up this season yay.

And according to Kerry (one of the creators) this is the last episode of the year (2015 not the season) and the season is already halfway through.  Next week though they will be doing a special RWBY Cast and Crew live stream.  Then the following week will be a World of Remnant, and then Chapter 7 will air on January 2nd. 

That's my gripe as well. I mean unless a certain someone is able to create an illusion so huge as that, then it's really weird. EDIT: Wait, I think the illusion was done on Yang herself. She must have saw an illusion of Merc going for an assault. It would be so much easier this way. I knew Merc was going to pull some shit like that, but I thought it would be within the match. Saving it for last is much better. (And again, if my potato thoughts are correct, the illusion would be much easier to pull off than within the match.)

The whole fairy tales being real is quite interesting, as it can bring a lot to the table in the future. The guardian talk was very interesting, as well as explaining what Cinder is after.This is what RWBY needed badly in terms of the overall plot. 

Best episode thus far. I will end it at this: Neo can create massive illusions+Cinder has the other half. The latter being obvious while the former might have been hinted by a tweet said yesterday.

Edited by OmegaForte

Th... Thoughts on... Chapter 6:

:O  I... I just... I have literally been left speechless... This episode was really dark. My heart is racing so fast. This episode is easily the greatest so far in my opinion. People wanted this series to get dark and boy did it get DARK. The music really set the tone too. I just... need to see this again... like now.

Will we always use the spoiler tag ?

Recently watched am i feel like may brain is purposely forgetting details just to force me to rewatch it over an over again (i am not complaining  :lol: )

Man the episode ROCKED !

The Maidens stuff was a nice addition to the RWBYverse. Now this this rises the wild mass guess of whether or not Winter Schnee and Summer Roses are the currently host of Winter and Summer.

My theory is that Ruby might already be the Maiden of Summer and not know it. If Red like Roses Part II lyrics are any indication. (of course my theory suggest that Summer Rose was indeed a Maiden)

Also with the heavy implication of Cinder being the one who attack Amber, Why didn´t see take all of it instead of just hallf ? Unless there some other bunch of convoluted and stupid rules that prevents that from happening (Qrows must have spent to much time reading TVTropes if he´s that genre savvy)

Yang being under an illusion. Like many of you i also theorise that the one casting it might be Neo. Now how does it work ? My only explanation is her semblances is literally Kyoka Suigetsu.

Posted Image

The last bit of the episode must be all part of Cinder plans.

Posted Image

Edited by Lulcielid

If you ask me, and I bet Firaga will agree with me

This maiden nonsense came out of nowhere. There was no build-up, no real reference to this incredibly important plot piece. It's just kind of like: Here's this thing. Understand? Good, because that's what the entire plot of the rest of this series will be about. It's just so bad the way they did it. It feels convoluted. 

I do think it was explained well, which is fortunate, because if it was explained poorly it would have been even worse.

Fight was good though, which is excellent. And that twist at the end was super good. I like the idea of Yang being kind of outcast since everyone sees her as this jerk who just broke Mercury's leg for no reason.

This maiden nonsense came out of nowhere. There was no build-up, no real reference to this incredibly important plot piece. It's just kind of like: Here's this thing. Understand? Good, because that's what the entire plot of the rest of this series will be about. It's just so bad the way they did it. It feels convoluted. 

I do think it was explained well, which is fortunate, because if it was explained poorly it would have been even worse.

Fight was good though, which is excellent. And that twist at the end was super good. I like the idea of Yang being kind of outcast since everyone sees her as this jerk who just broke Mercury's leg for no reason.

At least they dropped this new piece of plot "early" in the series and not in the very late stages.

Ezio Auditore confirmed for RWBY ?

Posted Image

Edited by Lulcielid

WAIT WAIT WAIT. Hold up.

Ironwood says he has a way to transfer Aura.... Is that why Penny has her own Aura despite being an android? He had a hand in her creation after all. If Aura is the manifestation of your soul like Pyrrha said way back in volume 1 then does that explain why Penny has a personality despite being an android? Because someone elses soul is inside her? Does that mean the transfer of Aura will change Pyrrhas personality? I dont want that owo.

Edited by EMIYA

Thoughts on Volume 3, Chapter 6:

- First off, I just realized something from last week: Flint Coal (the trumpet guy) is dark skinned and so is his family... the Schnee put his family out of business and Weiss doesn't even take the blame for it... the saga of racism continues.

- Ahhhhhhhhh, "fairy tales"? Ah, get it, get it? The characters are based on fairy tales and all that jazz? Huh huh huh, get it? Ugh.

- Excuse me for a moment--

Nice version:

Angry version: (read at your own risk)

WHAT IS GOING ON? SERIOUSLY, WHAT. IS. GOING. ON? MAIDENS? REALLY? RIGHT NOW? OUTTA NOWHERE? I THOUGHT THIS SHOW WAS ABOUT FIGHTING MONSTERS AND TWO EVIL CONSPIRACIES (ONE OF WHICH KINDA SUCKS BUT WHATEVER ITS THERE), NOT THIS HALF-ASSED "CHOSEN ONES" BULLSHIT!

AND NO, IT'S NOT EXPLAINED WELL! NO DUST, NO SEMBLANCE, BUT "MAGIC"? MAGIC!! WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL? WE'RE JUST GOING TO DUMP THE MOTHERF*CKING ESTABLISHED LORE OF THE SHOW TO INTRODUCE THIS GENERIC MAGIC CRAP? WHY? WHY DOES THIS CONCEPT EVEN EXIST? WHY ARE THERE HUNTRESSES/HUNTERS IF THERE'S MAIDENS? WHY ARE GRIM ROAMIN' AROUND IF THERE'S MAIDENS? WHY HAVEN'T THESE F*CKERS STOP THE WAR? THEY SOUND LIKE FREAKING JESUS PEOPLE, AND IT MAKES EVERY FREAKING CONFLICT IN THIS NARRATIVE TURN SHITTIER THAN IT ALREADY WAS.

-- and now I'm back.

- I don't even know if I can watch the rest of the episode after this, but here we go...

- Really... you kept the bitch in a machine? Yeah, but that's mystical...

- Also, if you know the power can't last, why are you keeping her alive? What, did you literally forget about finding a new maiden about a few years after the fact and now she has cancer?

- Oh so they have an excuse: more bullshit. Great.

- Also, what the hell, I thought Ironwood was a bad gu-you know, I better stop before I lose it again...

- So by "brotherhood" you just mean you four, right? Not the entirety of the Hunter/Huntresses? I hope the former, because the latter is just... gah.

- Way to reveal Cinder as the assailant in the most obvious fashion. Not only that, but it just makes Cinder's plan even more vague because seriously, what is this plaaaaaaaaaan?

- "Break a leg, sis!" Oh, the foreshadowing... yeah, sorry, I got spoiled on that part.

- Yang v. Sasu-I mean, Mercury was actually pretty good, if only because it was so short and didn't bother to include the "environmental" aspect of the tournament.

- Why are we being shown Grim...?

- Oh boy, more Neo shenanigans... again, why is this needed? Why does Cinder want to blackmail Yang? Whyyyyyyyy...

Holy crap on a stick. I-I can't, I really can't. No afterthoughts. This is garbage. I can't take it. Worst episode yet. 3/10.

Just gotta say, fighting animation looked pretty good this time around. I'm guessing these are one of the core pieces Monty might have animated before dying, since I remember them saying he had already worked on certain parts of Volume 3.

BUT NOW I GOTTA RANT...HARD.

So the twist at the end of this episode explains why Coco and Yatsuhashi were defeated so easily. Because they were fighting a two on three match, with Neo firetrucking things up for everyone. And I also like that once again, it's Neo messing Yang's shit up with her illusions or whatever power that is. Get rekt boobs girl. That's too hilarious. But regarding the doubles fight in episode 5 with CFVY (or I guess CY), it was just so poorly executed in those scenes that I had thought Miles and Kerry just didn't care enough to actually articulate how Coco, who one-shotted a motherfiretrucking Nevermore, lost easy and then Yang wins, who in my opinion, doesn't even and shouldn't be compared to Coco...at all. Good thing I was wrong.

So let's compare RWBY to Shokugeki no Souma. Shokugeki is about a character named Souma who joins a cooking academy to cook better than his dad and also just be a better cook in general.

They're both about unique academies where they train to be whatever and the latter has lots of characters also in it's list, but somehow the writing is just incredible. The writer seems to know when and how to focus on characters other than the main character and move the story along. Just like RWBY, there are scheduled events like festivals and tournaments, but unlike it, each event serves a purpose to both move the story along and develop several character arcs. In RWBY, we have a tourney, just 'cause. We've even managed to neglect the main character altogether. If there's a tournament, show the matches, but tell us why characters want to win or are even participating. What's their motivation? 'Cause right now, they're just sort of fighting for the sake of fighting. 

All I'm saying is, we can have all this fun stuff, but at the end of the day, it's a story. So you know, tell the firetrucking story. 

Also, late, bullshit, crucial exposition in the middle of Volume 3, six hours into the series, is bullshit, BUT we still don't know wtf is going on...

Edited by Temmie

WoW boy, we are taking power levels way too seriusly, what´s wrong with CY loosing with EM ?

Yes the Maiden stuff is introduced in the middle of Volume 3, but we still have more volumes to come so i dont see a problem, not every single piece of plot related stuff needs to be introduced in the first 30 second of the series.

Edited by Lulcielid

WoW boy, we are taking power levels way too seriusly, what´s wrong with CY loosing with EM ? Yes the Maiden stuff is introduced in the middle of Volume 3, but we still have more volumes to come so i dont see a problem, not every single piece of plot related stuff needs to be introduced in the first 30 second of the series.

There's nothing wrong with CY losing to EM. In fact, it's very good, all the way up until Yang whoops Mercury. So if CFVY are supposed to be so much more powerful than RWBY since they're sophomores, how come Yang was able to beat Mercury when Mercury managed to basically single handed lay beat Yatsuhachi, who as sophomore should be far stronger than Yang, as was shown in the finale of Volume 2. The only way this could work is if Mercury was going easy on Yang, or if what Temmie said, and Neo was screwing over CY the entire fight. If they are going to bother establishing power levels, which they have done, they should at least work within them. And no, the Maiden reveal is still not acceptable. The way they're acting, this Maiden storyline is what the entire previous two volumes have been building up for. Monty has said that Volumes 1-3 are basically Season 1. So imagine if 3 episodes before the season finale of this cool show your watching, and they reveal what has actually been happening the whole time. EXCEPT instead of building this reveal up, they've been focusing on this entirely different conflict, and never referred to the actual conflict AT ALL. You'd be pissed! It's the same thing here. They've been working this White Fang and Torchwick angle for the past two years, and they practically throw it out the window to tell you that it essentially doesn't matter at all, and this new thing that we gave no development time at all is the real focus. I'm not expecting them to tell me in the first 30 seconds, I'm expecting some actual proper world building and tension.

There's nothing wrong with CY losing to EM. In fact, it's very good, all the way up until Yang whoops Mercury. So if CFVY are supposed to be so much more powerful than RWBY since they're sophomores, how come Yang was able to beat Mercury when Mercury managed to basically single handed lay beat Yatsuhachi, who as sophomore should be far stronger than Yang, as was shown in the finale of Volume 2. The only way this could work is if Mercury was going easy on Yang, or if what Temmie said, and Neo was screwing over CY the entire fight. If they are going to bother establishing power levels, which they have done, they should at least work within them.

The answer's pretty simple. Yatuhashi is pretty much a tank: slow but hits hard. Same goes for Coco, but I'd rather call her a glass cannon: shoots hard, but can't really take much of a beating. Yang on the other hand, is more agile than Yatsuhashi. She gives out a lot of damage from her natural strength, but what really helped Yang was her semblance: being able to become stronger after taking hits. Her semblance was really what guaranteed her a victory.

I thought it was obvious Merc lost on purpose. Notice how he even left Yang's aura at 16%. Anything below 15% is autoanitcally considered a loss. Also low enough to get her semblance to activate and "rekt" him. This of course can be just a coincidence, but it's obvious that he wanted to lose on purpose so he can pull off his stunt.

About the Grimm looking at tournament's direction, they're being attracted to the negativity of the audience. I could have sworn this was told/hinted back then. (I must be reading too many potato theories at r/RWBY if it was never mentioned.)

That being said, Penny is certain to be the last touch to causing a mass panic=attracting the Grimm to come over. Cinder and co do need to keep the higher ups busy. But what do I know? *shrugs*

Edited by OmegaForte

Alright, the whole Maiden thing was done poorly, I will admit that, but at least now we have a bigger picture of the whole series.  We now know that Cinder is after the power of the Maidens, or at least one of them, we still don't know what she will do once she gets the power, but then again if we did know that it wouldn't really be fair for the hero's of the show.  What they should've done with the Maiden stuff is at least hint at it very slightly and at least mention it in previous Volumes, like they did with the titles of those other fairy tales that Phyra (I can't spell her name) mentioned, I know for sure at least two of them where mentioned in Volume 1 in one of the early episodes. 

I don't like doing this but let's compare RWBY to another anime series, Naruto.  In Naruto we didn't even know who the main villains where until close to the end of part 1 and during part 2 (Shippuden)  and we didn't even know what their true goal was until then as well.  And you didn't know that their were nine tailed beast until maybe the fight between Naruto and Garra but even then you might not be so sure.  Now let's look at it like this unlike Naruto and all the other animes out there RWBY is very very different in that the episode lengths are so much more shorter so unfortunately they can't do a decent job at explaining something big like the Maiden's in the time they have which is unfortunate but Rooster Teeth just doesn't have the people, time, and budget to pull off 30 minute episodes on a weekly basis no matter how badly Monty wanted to, and I know he wanted to have at least 20 minute episodes or something around that I remember hearing back before Volume 1 came out, but they do do something that no anime (at least I think no anime dose this) dose and that is motion capture all the fight scenes.

Now let's look at another series that Rooster Teeth dose, Red vs. Blue, the longest web series.  They have 13 season done with that show and so far it's been split up into four different  let's say arcs: Seasons 1-5 where the Blood Gulch Chronicles, Seasons 6-8 where the Recollection, Seasons 9-10 was Project Freelancer, and Seasons 11-13 was the Chorus Trilogy.   Now this is so much more different in that the first few seasons of this show there wasn't really that much of a plot or anything for that matter it was really only ran and produced by six people I think, it's defiantly seen a lot of good chances though the show.  Now this also really isn't a good comparison either in that they didn't really have to do any animation in the early seasons because it was all shot through the video game Halo, but as the show got more into the later seasons they started using motion capture and real animations for some scenes, most obviously the fight scenes. 

This all makes me sound like a fan boy, and I'll admit I'm a really huge fan of all things Rooster Teeth, but I also know that they are not perfect, this show is not perfect by any means at all either, but people will enjoy it more than others, but that can be said about almost everything in this world.  I really don't now how to end this post so I guess I'll just end it like this.

I'm pretty sure Mercury could have beat Yang mid diff, but their plan was to get her out of the picture altogether. Maybe to bait out her mother or just getting her mother away from the action because she had previously stopped Neo in her tracks and it would be difficult if they enact their master plan and someone as powerful as her appears again.

Umm...I like the Maiden storyline :3 Everyone's like "UH! DA F***? WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH EVERYTHING THAT'S HAPPENED IN THE SHOW?" But I think we have to remember that we don't know ANYTHING about what was happening in the show. We don't know what Torchwick was doing, or Cinder or whoever's in charge. The Maiden thingy, imo, is NOT the BIG reveal. It's a hint to what the bad guys are planning. Now we know, it has to do with the 4 girls. I do agree that adding magic in the RWBY universe is useless and generic...As for Yang beating Mercury, it's kind of obvious that it was planned and that Mercury was probably going easy on her. If he really was fighting, he would've won and then Neo couldn't have done her trick and then the crowd wouldn't have reacted with negative emotions so no Grimm attack (which is probably a part of what the bad guys are planning). And why are we still talking about team CFVY loosing. They aren't invicible. Maybe their strenght is in team work and since the whole team wasn't there well...they lost. Maybe Yang's semblance makes her just as strong as them. Maybe Neo was messing up the whole fight. MAYBE...PFF...there are plenty of reasons for their loss. In the end, I'm just saying. I liked the episode, and I like RWBY :) yep.

BTW, was it confirmed that Cinder stole the power from Amber/Autumn? Did I miss something?

Edited by PrinceNoctis

Umm...I like the Maiden storyline :3 Everyone's like "UH! DA F***? WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH EVERYTHING THAT'S HAPPENED IN THE SHOW?" But I think we have to remember that we don't know ANYTHING about what was happening in the show. We don't know what Torchwick was doing, or Cinder or whoever's in charge. The Maiden thingy, imo, is NOT the BIG reveal. It's a hint to what the bad guys are planning. Now we know, it has to do with the 4 girls. I do agree that adding magic in the RWBY universe is useless and generic...As for Yang beating Mercury, it's kind of obvious that it was planned and that Mercury was probably going easy on her. If he really was fighting, he would've won and then Neo couldn't have done her trick and then the crowd wouldn't have reacted with negative emotions so no Grimm attack (which is probably a part of what the bad guys are planning). And why are we still talking about team CFVY loosing. They aren't invicible. Maybe their strenght is in team work and since the whole team wasn't there well...they lost. Maybe Yang's semblance makes her just as strong as them. Maybe Neo was messing up the whole fight. MAYBE...PFF...there are plenty of reasons for their loss. In the end, I'm just saying. I liked the episode, and I like RWBY :) yep.

BTW, was it confirmed that Cinder stole the power from Amber/Autumn? Did I miss something?

Exactly my point though. How can we be this far into the series and we know absolutely nothing? :I

Edited by Temmie

Not really but Qrow said earlier (EP3) that the infiltrator was the one responsible for Autumn's condition. He could be wrong considering no one knows what they look like but it's most likely Cinder as she's the biggest female bad guy we know. It would be interesting if someone else had the half-Maiden powers but Cinder really needs more going for her at this point.

I'm interested to see how Cinder is going to follow up the whole Mercury attack to cause more negativity in the Audience. Cinder will probably have Penny go nuts on her opponent or just attacking all the finalist while revealing that she is an Atlesian robot.

Edited by SorrowSurvivor

Exactly my point though. How can we be this far into the series and we know absolutely nothing? :I

I know it's ridiculous, but isn't it a good thing that they're starting to tell the story? I mean, I don't get the complaints :/ .

It was heavily implied.

Yeah I know, but I was just wondering if it was 100% sure. It's probably the case... I mean, come on, her name IS Cinder Fall.

Edited by PrinceNoctis