Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Sweet, can't wait for the new volume.

As much as everyone hates this volume for being relatively calm, this was necessary. I'm thinking of this as a writer. How else could the creators of RWBY get across the point of character restructuring and everyone coming to terms with everything that happened? What else could these characters even do? They left so broken up and torn apart that adding more fighting scenes than the ones displayed wouldn't really make sense. If they just glazed over this, everyone's characters wouldn't be developed enough. These are real conflicts Blake, Yang, and Weiss had to go through, just about as big as the fighting things. Why devote less time to such sizable conflicts?

I agree with you wholeheartedly, man! Not everything can be an action fest all the time. There are moments where slow, step by step moments are necessary in order to introduce character development, ya know? I, for one, enjoyed this volume, and I enjoyed the development for the characters, and how everyone's dealing with the current situation at hand, ya know? I particularly loved that we finally got some backstory on Nora and Ren, for that was definitely badass!

I'm sure that Volume 5 will have a great balance of development and battles! We just gotta wait and see for what happens! :D

Gahhh, adorable levels are over 9000 and rapidly rising! Chibi Penny is way too adorable for words! :D

I can't wait for more Rwby Chibi! And I like that when the main series is in its off season, Chibi helps entertain us while the Volumes get developed! That's a smart strategy on Rooster Teeth's part! :O

Gahhh, adorable levels are over 9000 and rapidly rising! Chibi Penny is way too adorable for words! :D

I can't wait for more Rwby Chibi! And I like that when the main series is in its off season, Chibi helps entertain us while the Volumes get developed! That's a smart strategy on Rooster Teeth's part! :O

And a nice way to bring the comedic side of RWBY to us, although I wish there was a bit more in the main show.

Here goes another sneak peek trailer to give us a taste of a bunch of new characters and skits for RWBY CHIBI (including Taiyang!)

Kinda wish the cel shading was a little more cartoony than soft, though. Oh yeah, and they're still in their pre-timeskip outfits.

Edited by Clouded Sun

Here goes another sneak peek trailer to give us a taste of a bunch of new characters and skits for RWBY CHIBI (including Taiyang!)

Kinda wish the cel shading was a little more cartoony than soft, though. Oh yeah, and they're still in their pre-timeskip outfits.

Oh, yay! Always awesome to get more sneak peeks into Rwby Chibi! It looks like the Chibi versions of our favorite heroes are up to more shenanigans! Penny and Neo though, just so much yes! <3

Wait, the 13th is tomorrow! :O

OMG, IT'S HAPPENING ALREADY! :D

Soundtrack for Vol. 4 is up for pre-order on iTunes, some songs available to download right away.

Looks like instead of an acoustic version of When It Falls, they went with an acoustic version of... Boop. I guess it makes sense given the focus of Vol. 4, but man, what a waste of a pick.

Listened to the whole thing. Overall pretty meh, but with some absolute standouts. Armed and Ready is expectedly awesome, but the real showstopper is This Life Is Mine; not only does it have poignant lyrics and melody, but it has this killer progression where it ratchets up intensity TWICE mid-song.

That's about it for the good stuff. Home and Bmblb are this album's All Our Days and Dream Come True, respectively (serviceable, but uninteresting); Let's Just Live still doesn't work for me as an opener, and has some weird slowdown in the back half that just kills momentum; Like Morning Follows Night is just okay (although will probably be something I like better on repeated listens i.e. It's My Turn); Jeff Williams does a decent enough solo job on Bad Luck Charm and Lusus Naturae, but probably would have benefited from a female vocalist; and remixes are remixes.

Boop was still a huge waste of an acoustic pick; it's a fine enough song, but definitely didn't need an acoustic version by any stretch (save that for up-tempo songs to make things interesting). Plus, it doesn't even sound like a new vocal track, or maybe I need to listen to it again.

7.whatever out of 10, probably the worst soundtrack by far, but with two of the best songs yet.

I didn't like Bad Luck Charm as much as I thought I would. There's just one part in it that I find good. Bumblb is a really fun song, and Like Morning Follows Night is pretty much what I expected (except they had an awesome rap part slid in there that I wasn't expecting). This Life is Mine is underwhelming as I expected, and I don't like Home that much but I think it'll grow on me. Armed and Ready is okay. I actually really like the slowed down tension in Let's Just Live.

I'm gonna check out the scores next, but this is basically what I expected from the RWBY OST: three or four good vocal songs, and a great score.

Edited by Clouded Sun

Hey guys, so like last time, I will be posting summary and answers to questions that were asked at RTX 2017 for the RWBY Panel for those who don't want to watch the whole video. For those who do, you can see the video here (note that unfortunately there were audio and video issues, mainly desync):

First of all, at the panel, the usual seven people appeared:

• Gray Haddock (Head of Animation at RoosterTeeth Productions, Voice of Roman Torchwick and White Fang Lieutenant)
  • Miles Luna (Co-Writer and Co-Director of RWBY, Voice of Jaune Arc)
  • Kerry Shawcross (Director and Co-Writer of RWBY, Voice of Neptune Vasilias)
  • Lindsay Jones (Voice of Ruby Rose)
  • Kara Eberle (Voice of Weiss Schnee)
  • Arryn Zech (Voice of Blake Belladonna)
  • Barbara Dunkelman (Voice of Yang Xiao Long)

Merchandise:

• At 6:37 in the video, you can see a person cosplaying as Wisdom Form Sora. Has nothing to do with RWBY, just to let you know. xD
  • At 9:02 in the video, you can see Gray Haddock holding a cereal box for Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Crunch. Yes, you read that right. And guess who's on the cover. At 10:02, you can see that they will be selling this cereal exclusively at FYE.
  • At 10:47, you can see all the RWBY merchandise available now at Hot Topic. More can be seen at 11:18.
  • At 11:38, a 2018 calendar was shown that will be available on August 2017.
  • At 12:02, exclusive Vinyl figures are shown.
  • At 12:15, more vinyl figures were shown, with a new 6 inch Beowolf.
  • At 12:58, a new RWBY figure was revealed of Ruby in her Volume 4 outfit, which will be available in November 2017

Volume 5 Information and a Very Special Surprise Guest:

• As mentioned, there were some stream issues. Once all the new merchandise was shown, it was stated that the stream would go offline for a bit to show a video to the fans at the panel. Nothing new here since this usually happens every year, such as the original Volume 4 teaser exclusive to the event until a few months later, when RoosterTeeth uploaded it after polishing. Kerry stated that this video, with my guess of it being a Volume 5 teaser, would soon go online. However, a few seconds of this trailer was shown on stream at 14:30. BE WARNED as the audio gets a little loud and surprising. Once the stream went online again, Kerry stated that this video was one of three.
  • Gray Haddock states that Volume 5 will premiere on October 14th.
  • It would seem that the trailer shown at the event was a Character Short for Weiss and Gray states that two more will be shown between now and Volume 5's premiere. Kerry also states that not all of them will be "combat-focused." Gray then states that this short will be released for the public in about a week.
  • At 15:45, a surprise guest appeared, not just for the fans, but also for the 7 people on stage. Chivy Oum, Monty Oum's older brother, surprises everyone on stage, gives them all a big hug and appears to be cosplaying as General Ironwood. He came to thank everyone at the event as well as all the fans who support RoosterTeeth by watching RWBY, Monty Oum's "crazy creation," as he called it. Afterwards, Chivy states that he had a gift to the RWBY Animation Department. He said that Monty had left numerous hard drives on Chivy's desk and after browsing through them, he found some posters of Haloid and Dead Fantasy, animations that Monty Oum worked on before joining RoosterTeeth. He decided to print them out and give them to the Animation Department. Many tears were shed by the crew from his appearance and thoughtful gifts, which were then shown at 18:00.
  • Finally, at 20:50, Miles Luna decided to bring up his grandmother, or "meemaw" as he called her, on stage for her first RTX.

Questions, Answers and Another Surprise Guest (Spoilers for previous Volumes):

• They were asked about the inclusion of swearing in the last volume. They responded by saying that they thought to include as a way of growing up along with the fans but also assuring that they're not just gonna throw it around "like it ain't nothin' but a thang." Kerry afterwards states there are some words that they definitely will not be using. Miles then says that they were originally going to have Tyrian call Ruby a witch, but they thought it was justified for him to swear after losing his tail.
  • Surprise surprise, Vic Mignogna (Voice of Qrow Branwen) appears on stage after having Kerry Shawcross call him out (so just a surprise to the audience this time). You can see him come out on stage at 23:59.
  • Miles Luna was asked if he has Jaune's pyjamas, with him replying no. He was then asked if he was interested in them. Miles asked, "Do they have a butt-flap?" and the fan responds with, "They will." Vic, in Qrow's voice says, "What kind of panel is this!?"
  • A fan asked if RTX would spread out more, specifically the North-East and jokingly offering to stay at her place. Miles asks if her house has a butt-flap. Gray then states that earlier, RTX London was announced, which will be held before this year ends. Lindsay then states that they will have and RTX New York in 2080. Gray afterwards states that they will be at NYCC and will only be about RWBY.
  • Please, just watch from 28:54 to 29:40. It's hilarious.
  • The directors were then asked that since RWBY has gotten a Japanese-dubbed version thanks to Warner Bros. Japan, the fan was wondering if any other languages would get the same treatment, such as French and Italian. Kerry states that they are interested to the concept, but the problem is that it's on a list of many other things they want to do. He then states that they want to make sure that they at least have the show subbed for other languages and they would keep going from there.
  • The next question was how Jaune was able to obtain Pyrrha's weapons after the Fall of Beacon. They states that it's not really something they intend to answer as they don't really think it's so important to. Miles then states that they always thought of the situation as just having spare pieces of armour and stuff like that, then stating that if the characters only had one version of their armour, they would smell horrible. Kerry afterwards states that they'll just write a Chibi episode with one of them opening a locker and showing multiple of the same outfit. Kara asks if Jaune only has one outfit. Miles says that he only has one cause he does smell.
  • The crew was then asked what is the most tedious or difficult task when working on the show. Gray states that it's rendering and Kerry agrees, saying that each episode takes about an hour and a half to render and export and if something was wrong, they'd have to start over. Lindsay then states that for voice actors/actresses, it's waiting for the script. She says that they know that Miles and Kerry want to keep some things secret, but the cast are just excited and anticipating to see the script and see what happens.
  • A fan stated that she is a comic artist and asked some advice on what to do to "get a series off the ground." Gray says to start your project, finish it and get it out there and Miles afterwards says to make your project entertaining and fun to read as well as add some personality. Kerry afterwards says to try and spread it out on the Internet before the crew on stage wishes the fan luck.
  • The crew was asked if there are any other languages in the World of Remnant, such as ancient texts or anything like that. Kerry states that the concept is not something they've fully explored. Miles then states that he thinks that it's safe to assume that there are other languages, but he also thinks it's safe to assume that they don't have time to make up an entire other language.
  • The next question was what are the crew's opinions on a RWBY and Red vs. Blue crossover. The crew joke around saying that they'll ask Microsoft if they're cool with it. Kerry states that the problem is just that it's a huge legal thing.
  • The crew was then asked about Ruby's dreams in Volume 4. Kerry and Miles states that is was meant to be Ruby coping with Pyrrha's death mixed with hearing Pyrrha's voice from Jaune's tapes. Miles states that she keeps hearing her voice because every night when she's asleep, Jaune is out training.
  • The crew was then asked what they were most proud of from working on RWBY. Gray quickly responds with a tired voice, "Getting it done," and afterwards says that he looks forward for fans' thoughts on what the crew works on for the show, mainly for their improvements and new things.
  • Gray, Miles and Kerry talk about an upcoming event called EVO, a fighting game convention, saying that they'll watch all the news coming out from it. This might be a hint of RWBY Grimm Eclipse appearing there as they were previously talking about it.
  • The crew was asked about the process when designing weapons for the show. Kerry and Miles state that "cool" is big factor of the process. Kerry then states that they focus on the weapons' style, different modes, versatility and they do their best to make sure that they work.
  • For the last question, the team was asked if Qrow was any inspiration or had anything to do with Devil May Cry. Kerry states that while it wasn't specifically that, it might have been on the back of their heads.
  • Before the panel was over, Gray thanked the whole crowd and every fan out there for watching the show and showing it to their friends.

At the end of the panel, Gray decides to show one more thing to the audience. At 45:40, a teaser for a brand new show that RoosterTeeth Animation is making known as Gen:lock, an upcoming sci-fi show with more details releasing this year but will not premiere this year.

And I'm finally done. Seriously, this took me like around 2 hours to make and I'm glad I got it done.

Day 2:

For those who want to see the second RWBY panel at RTX 2017, here you go:

Edited by Master Eraqus

RT made this video private. Only people with the link can see it. Idk why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZAS_rzgCE0

Oh now it's public. Ok whateves

Yeah!!! October 14th, here we come! :D Casey Lee with dem lyrics, though! <3

Wow, this was an exhilarating clip to watch! I loved watching Weiss duke it out with those glacial beasts with her fencing and graceful combat techniques! Go, Weiss! :D

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/886678217263796225

So, this is real, and it has to do with RWBY, so...

Oh yeah, I think I had seen something about that somewhere on the web! I think it was on Youtube! It's awesome that Rwby is being featured! The characters from Rwby do definitely fit in a fighting game! :D

Ruby Rose for Smash 5!

It's pretty fitting that RWBY is in a game with Persona and BlazBlue, although I wonder if it'd be as fitting if she were in a Smash Fire Emblem game.

Gonna totally necro this, but I'm in between a rock and a hard place if I can't create a new topic...

I wanted to discuss RWBY's Blake character short in a moment. If you haven't seen it, here it is.

By the looks of it, Sun and Blake are STILL in Menagerie. The ending of Volume 4 never explicitly stated they were going anywhere, but it's pretty surprising that by the looks of things, they're not joining up with the rest of RWBY (we at least know Weiss and Yang are on the move, which brings Yang's wherabouts in question as well. Huh...) What do you guys think of this move? Think everyone BUT Blake and Sun will join back together in Mistral? Could the two make a one-episode transition to meet the rest? Or could something entirely different pan out for the fate of our girls?

Edited by Felixx

Gonna totally necro this, but I'm in between a rock and a hard place if I can't create a new topic...

I wanted to discuss RWBY's Blake character short in a moment. If you haven't seen it, here it is.

By the looks of it, Sun and Blake are STILL in Menagerie. The ending of Volume 4 never explicitly stated they were going anywhere, but it's pretty surprising that by the looks of things, they're not joining up with the rest of RWBY (we at least know Weiss and Yang are on the move, which brings Yang's wherabouts in question as well. Huh...) What do you guys think of this move? Think everyone BUT Blake and Sun will join back together in Mistral? Could the two make a one-episode transition to meet the rest? Or could something entirely different pan out for the fate of our girls? 

Dang, it had been a while since I had posted here in this thread! I finally got caught up to speed on Rwby Chibi Volume 2, and I've been keeping my eye on the Rwby Volume 5 trailers! Seeing the Blake short, it was awesome, and it looks like we're getting some more story, based on what we watched here. As for Blake and Sun reuniting with Rwby and the gang, it seems as though that won't be the case yet. I think our heroines won't reunite for a while, maybe halfway through Volume 5 or maybe possibly even towards the end, ya know?

Also, I'm loving how the animation gets better and better with each Volume!

Edited by The Transcendent Key